Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Reborn Offline

Default Re: Donate to Pe2k

I agree that it feels like a tip jar but tip jars are options. That's the point I was trying to get across. But I don't understand why you wouldn't donate to this forum if you've been here for a while and you enjoy it but you want to enjoy it with a whole bunch of new people.
Also as someone abov me said, there should be perks for donaters. Which will attract people. I don't see why anyone would be offended by a donate button?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
But wouldn't a donate button just look like a tip jar? Some people tip, some people don't, and some people are offended by "tip jars"... I don't know, I really do think donations would be good, but I don't think other people will agree...
How in the hell are people offended by tip jars? O_o
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Reborn Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Tip jars can offend people because they might have the feeling that they are paying twice. Which basically means that, in some peoples mind they feel as if the person should increase the original price rather than tip. But I have no idea how a tip jar can relate to a donation button, apart from the fact they both include money and that they're an option.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Feather Offline

Well, in some places tipping is a bad thing because the receiver will feel as if the amount of money they make is being mocked by those who tip them (as they assume the tipper feels like they should give more since they make so little). But in no way will most people feel offended if PE2k added a donation button - most if not all forums have them, and it's a nice (and optional) way to support the community.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith View Post
Tip jars can offend people because they might have the feeling that they are paying twice. Which basically means that, in some peoples mind they feel as if the person should increase the original price rather than tip. But I have no idea how a tip jar can relate to a donation button, apart from the fact they both include money and that they're an option.
To me, that is still no reason to feel offended. It's not as though you have to put money in there, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't scream any ad hominems at you. If you feel offended over something so trivial, you'd have a tough time operating in the real world.

But the bottom line is this: A donation button would not present any problems, and would only reap good results.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Reborn Offline

Quote:
To me, that is still no reason to feel offended. It's not as though you have to put money in there, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't scream any ad hominems at you. If you feel offended over something so trivial, you'd have a tough time operating in the real world.

But the bottom line is this: A donation button would not present any problems, and would only reap good results.
I agree with my friend ^^
Old 10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I know another board I go to (yes it is wrestling...lol) they have a place where you can donate if you'd like or pay like $12 a year for a Platinum membership. All the money goes to the server and keeping it paid for and updated to the latest version. Now you are not being forced to because A. Not everyone wants too or B. Not everyone has money.

Although if you do buy a Platinum membership you get things normal members don't get. I.E. Shout Box, Downloads for Movies, Shows and Wrestling matches and links to watch the PPV's online.

We could possibly do something of the sort above with something more Pokemon related. Those who donate could have a different colour name as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
I wasn't even aware there was a difference lol XD
Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

If I had money I would donate. I have spent the past 5 years on pe2k and it would be good to give something back :) who knows maybe with the donations, you could put up an advertisement or two, get a few more members :)

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Interesting idea, definitely.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

If the idea does pull through, the money will be used to update servers, get spam protection, lag prevention, etc. :)
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

I wouldn't mind donating a few dollars here n there, If it goes towards a better server and to fix the lag issues.

What would be nice is like a Pokemon Store, where you'd buy plushies and other pokemon merchandise through paypal etc...

WFL Dream Team.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:16 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
What would be nice is like a Pokemon Store, where you'd buy plushies and other pokemon merchandise through paypal etc...
You could always go on Ebay. XDD
Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
You could always go on Ebay. XDD
You kidding right? Lol Ebay is a Rip-off. xD

WFL Dream Team.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
You kidding right? Lol Ebay is a Rip-off. xD
I always go on Ebay. :3 And honestly, I've to agree, a lot of them are rip-offs. D: