Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arylett Dawnsborough View Post
Now, I'm not a spriter typically. I don't pride myself at all in my own sprite abilities, so this is one of those very rare times where I have sprited. It's probably very bad. I made this based on the D/P beauty sprite:

And this is a trainer card for my old ASB league based on that:

I like the trainer sprite, the colors blend well together, and the flower in the hair is a nice touch. The trainer card is cool. I'd like to see what else you could do!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Rajaion Tagami Offline

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

I rather enjoy making recolors, and wonder why nobody ever gives backsprites any love. Any thoughts?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Starbom Offline

Lol ya I was wondering about back sprites getting no love. I plan on working on back sprite fusions some time.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajaion Tagami View Post
I rather enjoy making recolors, and wonder why nobody ever gives backsprites any love. Any thoughts?
That's a really good point. You hardly every see back sprites around. Those recolours look perfect to me, they could pass as the shiny versions of the Pokemon for sure. I especially like Tentacruel! Ivysaur is lovely too with the natural colours. =)
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

So I've been working on some trainers, and one of them is just stumping me to no end. I've got 2 versions of her, and I can't decide which one looks better.

The one on the left with the hair over her shoulders, but like resting on her back, OR the one with her hair completely behind her? With her back arched the way it is, I wasn't sure which one seemed best...

EDIT: Or there's this one that I quickly threw together with Flannery's other pose.

Last edited by Ant2011; 10-18-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
So I've been working on some trainers, and one of them is just stumping me to no end. I've got 2 versions of her, and I can't decide which one looks better.

The one on the left with the hair over her shoulders, but like resting on her back, OR the one with her hair completely behind her? With her back arched the way it is, I wasn't sure which one seemed best...

EDIT: Or there's this one that I quickly threw together with Flannery's other pose.
I think the one on the left is the better of the 2, but maybe you could make the hair hang down a little further over her body? Really love the one where she's standing up!

I've been working on trainers for the Chrome Clan contest, but I'm not sure if I prefer the tanned or pale trainer. Thoughts?

They're both themed from Vegas performers. As soon as I saw the banner for Chrome Clan I immediately thought of a showgirl's tail feathers, and the male is based off myself. Loljks, they're a dancer/Chippendale of some sort. Anyway, C&CC would be great as I've never done trainer sprites before. They're pretty much all fusions of various trainers across the last 3 generations, with the girl's 'tail' and the guy's torso scratched.

Cheers all!

- ND

EDIT: I think I'm leaning towards the pale girl and the tanned guy. Yes/no?

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 10-19-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:

I like the one on the left better, too. Her back looks a bit strange in the other one, even though there's nothing technically wrong with it, if that makes sense? xD The standing one looks good too, but the top pose is more interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
I think the one on the left is the better of the 2, but maybe you could make the hair hang down a little further over her body? Really love the one where she's standing up!

I've been working on trainers for the Chrome Clan contest, but I'm not sure if I prefer the tanned or pale trainer. Thoughts?

They're both themed from Vegas performers. As soon as I saw the banner for Chrome Clan I immediately thought of a showgirl's tail feathers, and the male is based off myself. Loljks, they're a dancer/Chippendale of some sort. Anyway, C&CC would be great as I've never done trainer sprites before. They're pretty much all fusions of various trainers across the last 3 generations, with the girl's 'tail' and the guy's torso scratched.

Cheers all!

- ND

EDIT: I think I'm leaning towards the pale girl and the tanned guy. Yes/no?
I agree with the tanned guy. The silver on the pants stands out better and his face is easier to see, too. Nice job on the muscly arms haha. Either of the girls works. The only thing that looks a little off is how thin her ankles are when you see how thick her legs are just above that point, especially on the left leg. I dunno if it's supposed to be like that cos of the angle though. xD
Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I agree with the tanned guy. The silver on the pants stands out better and his face is easier to see, too. Nice job on the muscly arms haha. Either of the girls works. The only thing that looks a little off is how thin her ankles are when you see how thick her legs are just above that point, especially on the left leg. I dunno if it's supposed to be like that cos of the angle though. xD
Tanned guy it is! I noticed that he was a bit short too, so I've stretched him out a little and fixed up some of the shading (particularly around his stomach). I'd love to claim credit for the arms, but they're straight from Lt. Surge in FRLG, all I did was recolour them.

I didn't even notice the girl's boot, but now it's really annoying me! I tried changing it but I still couldn't get it to look right, so I decided to swap out all of her legs for other ones (the two on the bottom right below), but now I can't decide if she should have a hair pin or not...

- ND

EDIT: They both look like cheer leaders now... I guess that works for the whole 'evil team' thing though, as the stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully (at least on TV haha).

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 10-19-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
Tanned guy it is! I noticed that he was a bit short too, so I've stretched him out a little and fixed up some of the shading (particularly around his stomach). I'd love to claim credit for the arms, but they're straight from Lt. Surge in FRLG, all I did was recolour them.

I didn't even notice the girl's boot, but now it's really annoying me! I tried changing it but I still couldn't get it to look right, so I decided to swap out all of her legs for other ones (the two on the bottom right below), but now I can't decide if she should have a hair pin or not...

- ND

EDIT: They both look like cheer leaders now... I guess that works for the whole 'evil team' thing though, as the stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully (at least on TV haha).
"stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully" <That's actually pretty accurate. The cheerleaders in my school were complete b****es...

Anyway, It's a tough choice between hairpin or no hairpin on the girl. Both have their pros and cons.

Without hairpin: Pros: Draws focus to the body and the outfit, Cons: The face almost fades away

With hairpin: Pros: adds a nice accessory that accentuates the outfit, Cons: Could be too much gray on the sprite that the gray/black balance is thrown off

It's surprising what five gray pixels can do...
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
"stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully" <That's actually pretty accurate. The cheerleaders in my school were complete b****es...

Anyway, It's a tough choice between hairpin or no hairpin on the girl. Both have their pros and cons.

Without hairpin: Pros: Draws focus to the body and the outfit, Cons: The face almost fades away

With hairpin: Pros: adds a nice accessory that accentuates the outfit, Cons: Could be too much gray on the sprite that the gray/black balance is thrown off

It's surprising what five gray pixels can do...

I think I'm going to go without for now... I might change it later and do a better hair pin, we'll see.

Here's my entry for the Tyrant Clan, thoughts?

- ND
Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:

I think I'm going to go without for now... I might change it later and do a better hair pin, we'll see.

Here's my entry for the Tyrant Clan, thoughts?

- ND
I really like the striped bow on the girl and the hair on the guy. I don't have any criticism for these two, they're really cool!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I really like the striped bow on the girl and the hair on the guy. I don't have any criticism for these two, they're really cool!

Thanks :) I ended up changing the shade of gold slightly because I felt like it was a bit too yellow, but I really like them too :)

Now we just need a few more competition entries!

EDIT: I've been thinking about your trainer sprites

Quote:

I think the best thing to do would be to combine them both, so that the hair is falling off her back, sort of behind her arm? Then you'd still be able to see some of you back/waist, and the hair would look like it was falling more naturally. Hope that makes sense.

- ND

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 10-21-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:

EDIT: I've been thinking about your trainer sprites

I think the best thing to do would be to combine them both, so that the hair is falling off her back, sort of behind her arm? Then you'd still be able to see some of you back/waist, and the hair would look like it was falling more naturally. Hope that makes sense.

- ND
It makes sense, but I already altered the one of her standing up. I'll try my hand at the bent over pose to change up battle posing.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Lunarock and Solatone. Meh. Recolored both of them. O:
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post

Lunarock and Solatone. Meh. Recolored both of them. O:
I like Lunarock :3

Here's some random makeover of a Rocket Grunt, it looks as if I've tried to turn her into an Ace Trainer. That's just the way it turned out, haha.

On the theme of that, I decided to turn a lass into an Ace Trainer.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dark Moonlight; 12-24-2012 at 11:08 AM.