Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Default Re: Do your friends know you like Pokemon?

Each & every person knows I like Pokemon and I proudly tell them if they don't. =]
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 AM
goldwynaut Offline

my friends know i like pokemon, but they dont care about them thought
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Dandin Offline

Only one of my best friends that I know for a long time knows it.
Thats because he also plays it.
But I would never dare to say anything about it to my new friend cuz now I am on a other school, so I got a reputation.
I know that they all have played and not really are over it, but if I told them they would laugh at me.
Response:

Awesome avatar by 5TailedDemonLizard!!!

Click this cute Egg cuz it needs your love! (also give love to his friends!)

VPP:
Larvesta@46
Hatch: 61
Volcarona: 223
Level100: 346
Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Yes, though they think I am childish for it.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

I dont have many freinds, but in school 1 of my ex freinds who is now more a enemy knows i love pokemon, he plays pokemon as well... he also is on this forum under my suggestion back when we were freinds. but i aint afraid to say I love pokemon, I dont care what people think anymore, as long as I know its not true than i wont sweat a thing of what they say or think.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Wink Re: Do your friends know you like Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Yes, though they think I am childish for it.
People "Think" a lot of things that they shouldn't; they're all judgmental about things they don't know squat about, so don't worry, I am a 22 year old computer scientist, and from the grace of God my knowledge and the work I do is far beyond what any ordinary person can imagine, so if anyone calls me "Childish", I always take it with pinch of salt and Lol my ass off, I even created my own Pokemon IV/Hidden power calculator in C# and I still play Pokemon and am proud of it. : )
Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Skylands Offline

This is how it goes: If someone else is brave enough to speak up about Pokemon in public, then I will openly talk about it with them. If not, I remain quiet. One of my school friends likes it, but on a much lesser scale than I do.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Asch Offline

Of course! Funny story today, actually...

So I was at work today, right? I saw one of my co-workers playing on his 3DS, and I figured that it must've been one of two things(lol don't shoot me for this): either Pokemon, or some other game. Funny thing about that is that he was actually playing Pokemon Platinum, and then like, literally out of nowhere I started to approach him and talk to him about it, and then we started discussing about what starters we would prefer, and things like that as if we've known each other for years. xD

So in short, I don't really open that easily about my Pokemon interests, but if I see someone playing Pokemon, I don't see why not!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Dialga View Post
People "Think" a lot of things that they shouldn't; they're all judgmental about things they don't know squat about, so don't worry, I am a 22 year old computer scientist, and from the grace of God my knowledge and the work I do is far beyond what any ordinary person can imagine, so if anyone calls me "Childish", I always take it with pinch of salt and Lol my ass off, I even created my own Pokemon IV/Hidden power calculator in C# and I still play Pokemon and am proud of it. : )
I don't think they are in the wrong. Pokemon is directed at young children. I am 18, and I enjoy Pokemon. I like a childish thing. The question is this: Is being childish necessarily a bad thing?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Honestly, I have my phases. I will like it for a few months, then be off it for months. When I used to like it all the time, I got a fair bit of crap off people for it. I stopped playing full time about 2 years ago and people have forgotten. these days when i am into it, i keep it to myself

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

All my friends know. Basically, if you don't know I like Pokemon, you're not really my friend.
During my senior year of high school I brought in my old classic gameboy to play blue version during classes. I had my DS to play the other games during lunch or free periods. I convinced other kids to go dig out their old gameboys so we could battle or trade. It was cool to actually start something instead of be the reason something became uncool for once.

When I went to college (2011-2012) Any free time I had was spent in the lounge/common area. At first I would play Yu-Gi-Oh with the others, but then one day I brought in my DS. One of the other guys there asked me what I was playing. When I told him it was Pokemon Black he drove home, got his DS and White, and then we had a battle. After that, the other students brought in their copies of Pokemon. We had every generation going on in one room. It was so cool.

So yes, my friends know I play Pokemon.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Feather Offline

A lot of them do, yeah. I have no problem admitting it to people, honestly. xD; Most of my friends like it as well, so no issues there!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Err... Technically, yes. In Korea, it's nowhere as 'uncool' as it is in the west, so everyone is kind of cool with it. But they don't really know the extent of which I like Pokemon, like being on a Pokemon forum, for example...

The majority of my friends back in the west liked it, though. Just as much as I do.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

Most of my friends know that I like it however not all of them play the games themselves. I have recently been playing BW2 at lunch with someone and some of my other friends want the game. It's not really that weird to like Pokemon here in Oregon though. Most people are pretty laidback about things.

I also got someone to replay Blue version recently, and at multiple other times have gotten people who have never played the games before to play them with me.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
At first I would play Yu-Gi-Oh with the others, but then one day I brought in my DS. One of the other guys there asked me what I was playing. When I told him it was Pokemon Black he drove home, got his DS and White, and then we had a battle. After that, the other students brought in their copies of Pokemon. We had every generation going on in one room. It was so cool.
That's awesome! Wish that happened at my college.

I used to play it with my ex quite a few years back, but then we split and I stopped playing for a bit. A couple of my friends know, my current partner knows and plays occasionally, although he doesn't always understand what's going on. I wouldn't deny it if it came up in conversation, and it's starting to become a lot cooler now too, which always helps.

Funny story, my partner literally just found out that I'm on here a couple of hours ago, I think his reaction to that was worse than when he found out I still play. 'Wow, you really are a nerd, aren't you?' were his exact words. Nerd and proud! I don't think many people would pick me as being a nerd because I don't look like your stereotypical gamer, but my close friends figure it out pretty quick haha