Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2

Pokemon: Black/White 2 Discuss Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Get your questions answered, give your opinions and participate in discussions here!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Exclamation Pokemon Morals

I am playing Black 2 and I am to the Dragon Gym.

Is it considered wrong or cheating if I trade a lv.1 ice type from my white version to my Black 2 version to train up for the battle?

I know most would consider it cheating if it was a lv 70+ pre trained pokemon, but my methods just aren't cutting it. While playing white version ice types were easily obtainable, but on Black 2, it's rather difficult.

Anyone have any input if it is against a trainers morals to trade from one version to another for gain?

I already had a hard enough time fighting with myself whether to use Genosect in pre-E4 training. I just don't know if it would be right or wrong to transfer from another version to train up for a gym leader because I'm impatient.

Spiritomb ^_^

Last edited by Gym Leader Ken; 10-15-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon Morals

I don't think it's cheating, especially if you trade it over at level 1. Personally, I would probably be stubborn and just keep training my team until they were strong enough to beat the gym, but it doesn't mean trading a Pokemon over is wrong in any way. Most of all, the game is there for you to have fun, so you should just do whatever you think is best!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Thanks for your input P.T. Sarah, The bad thing is, I'm stubborn as well, and the only PKMN I can attack with an ice type is Genosect but that bad thing is, Dragon can attack with fire as well, which G-sect is weak against as well. I just don't know what to do. I've tried thinking of other options on who to use to take on the Dragon Gym Leader but I've run out of ideas.

Any advice? I started with Snivy, which I figure using Oshawott would have made things a bit easier but I can't seem to find any Dragon types or Ice types suitable for a smooth battle.

I've played PKMN since it hit the U.S. and this has just left me feeling like a total novice. lol

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

I, for one, do not feel that this is cheating in any way. You have still raised the pokemon, and I'm assuming it was you that caught it on the other version? I will quite often trade over a set of 3 pokemon very early in the game (after the first gym) and swap them out for other members of my team, so that I'm able to play with pokemon that I enjoy playing with, or get to try new combinations that I hadn't used before. I also tend to swap my team around as I go through quite a lot, depending on my team's weaknesses. Personally, I don't see any of that as cheating, however I can see how some people would.

If you would rather keep with something from your own Black 2 game, how about going and getting a Jellicent and teaching it Blizzard (bought from Lacunosa town)(if you have surf yet? I'm not sure when you can get it because I haven't started playing B2 yet). Other options would be something like Lucario as it resists Dragon and can pack Ice Punch (movetutor in Driftveil City), or catching a Trapinch of your own in the Desert Resort and training it up to be Flygon (although its appearance rate is only 5%, might take a while) and finally, an Azumarill with Hugepower and Ice Punch will pack a wallop. There are probably other options out there, but these are the ones I would probably use.

Also, I'm not sure that any of Drayden's pokemon will actually carry any fire moves on them so you might be alright just with Genosect, unless you're doing the challenge mode.

Hope this has helped!

- ND

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 10-16-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Thanks N.D.
I finally decided to rough it and just use PKMN found in Black 2. I didn't know Lucario could use Ice Punch (Mainly because I've never used/trained one before) I may have to try that if my current strategy doesn't work out. (and yes be prepared, he has a Druddigon that knows Flamethrower lol)

But my current strategy is.
I have a lv. 44 Starmie with Blizzard and Icy Wind.
lv. 40 Genesect that I taught Icy Wind a while back (For jumping in if starmie gets knocked out. His speed is good enough to get a first attack in)
lv. 47 Cobalion to use as a wall to revive the other two and start the rotation again.

Thanks again for the input! I may be using it if this doesn't go as planned!

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

and...

10 minutes later I defeat Drayden.
What's funny is, I didn't even get a chance to use my "strategy" or use any other advice. :P

I defeated all three of the dragons just using the Genesect (Holding the Rocky Helmet :P)
Not one item used either. lol

Thanks again guys! I'm sure I'll use some of this knowledge later in the game as well.

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Yay congrats on beating him! I would have seconded ND and said go with a water type that can learn an ice-type move. I'm not up to that point yet so I wouldn't be able to give you specific advice!

I don't know about you but I'm actually pretty glad BW2 seem to be a little difficult. It's nice to have a challenge!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Ken View Post
and...

10 minutes later I defeat Drayden.
What's funny is, I didn't even get a chance to use my "strategy" or use any other advice. :P

I defeated all three of the dragons just using the Genesect (Holding the Rocky Helmet :P)
Not one item used either. lol

Thanks again guys! I'm sure I'll use some of this knowledge later in the game as well.
Nice work! Love the Rocky Helmet (particularly on Ferrothorn.. hello almost 25% damage every time you hit me XD). I shall have to watch out for the flamethrower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yay congrats on beating him! I would have seconded ND and said go with a water type that can learn an ice-type move. I'm not up to that point yet so I wouldn't be able to give you specific advice!

I don't know about you but I'm actually pretty glad BW2 seem to be a little difficult. It's nice to have a challenge!
I'm really looking forward to going through it on challenge mode! I think it's great that they've added a more difficult mode to make it a bit more interesting and last longer.

- ND
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

the game is fairly easy up until about badge 4 or 5. Then it starts getting challenging. and Yeah, the flamethrower was very unexpected. There could be plenty to be warned about in Draydens gym but I won't spoil anything.

Even Marlon being a water trainer is still challenging with Grass and Electric types. BW2 can really throw you some curve balls!

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Also, Thanks again you guys are awesome!
It's nice to know there are some trainers out there that will actually help instead of putting you down or just saying "google it" and that be it. lol

Spiritomb ^_^