Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path [SU/DS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post

Lastly I will be posting a list of the most common rolls that are made in D&D, as well as some actions that do not need a roll. This might help you with your posts. If you are not sure of something, please contact me and I will do my best to help you understand.
In response, here's a link to the common actions that need rolls. :3

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

I just want to make sure one thing is clear. You do not need some sort of roll to talk to a NPC. You can simply go up an talk to them or ask basic questions. Now if you are trying to do more than that like charm, intimidate, or perhaps try to get more information out of them that they aren't willing to give (Gather Information) then you'd need a roll.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Kamikaze Offline

I am truly sorry for taking so long, and for not being finished yet. I've spent a lot of time at my brother's the past couple of weeks, and he isn't too fond of sharing his laptop. =P

Here is the beginning of my SU, along with a question: For inventory, is there a list of stuff, or just make it up ourselves, so long as it is believable?

I've skimmed through the topic quickly, though I haven't yet read the actual SUs, only the small bits of discussion between them. Going to read and update my SU tomorrow.

Name: Kamikaze
Character: Aldur An'rayi
Species: Human
Class: Rogue
Appearance: Aldur has emerald green eyes, brown shoulder-long hair that is usually tied in a ponytail, and stands just above 6'0" tall. He is in good physical condition, and though of a slender build, he is by no means weak. Most often seen in a black leather outfit, which is his work attire. On his back is a bow and a quiver, and on his right hip a sheathed, slightly curved blade(A katana more or less). Tucked away is also a number of knives and other assorted tools of his trade. While not at a job, he usually wears rather fine clothes that is either a dark forest green, or a deep blue color. Obviously not armed to the teeth while socializing with others, he only wears his blade and a few of the knives. Regardless of the outfit, he is always wearing a silver pendant, shaped like the face of a wolf, with deep blue sapphires as eyes.
Personality: Aldur is fairly intelligent, extremely organized, and very professional. he prefers the forest, and nature in general, over cities and society, not because he feels out of place, or lack the social skills to interact with others, but because nature is much more pure, and he finds the serene aura that lingers in a forest untouched by man to be very calming.
Though an assassin, he is not one who enjoys the taking of lives. He is not a common blade for hire, but rather strives for peace. If the death of a few people will prevent a larger conflict, then that is the price that must be paid for the greater good. Such philosophy would be considered immoral by most, but just as he doesn't kill just anyone, neither is he out to convert others to his ways.
History:
Aldur comes from a family of assassins. Both his parents were very skilled at what they did, and taught him much before they passed away from a disease when Aldur was at the age of 20. He learned his swordsmanship from his father, and his mother passed on her skills as a marksman. When they died, he inherited his father's katana along with his mother's bow, as well as the silver pendant that he now carries with him at all times.
When his parents still lived, Aldur had operated mainly around Easthaven, as that was the closest city to their secluded home. After they passed however, he decided that it was time to see the world, and so he did. Wherever he went he made himself known, both in the secretive underground as a master assassin, as well as becoming quite infamous at times among the city guards for his exploits. He has never been caught though, usually not even seen by his targets unless that is his wish. This uncanny ability to stay hidden combined with his ability to get into just about any place and the skill within his field of work has given him the status of a ghost. While a great many in the underground respects him, more than a few do so out of fear alone.
This fearful reputation aside, not many knows him on sight, which has allowed him to move freely in just about any environment in any city.
Stats:
Strength: 11
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 13
Languages: Common
Feats:
Alertness: +2 bonus on all Listen and Spot checks.
Deft Hands: +2 bonus on all Sleight of Hand and Use Rope checks.
Investigator: +2 bonus on all Gather Information and Search checks.
Nimble Fingers: +2 bonus on all Disable Device and Open Lock checks.
Persuasive: +2 bonus on all Bluff and Intimidate checks.
Spells: N/A
Inventory:
1 x Katana (Curved 3 feet long blade, 4 feet long including the handle. Adding this just in case weapon reach becomes relevant.)
1 x Longbow
1 x Quiver
13 x Arrow
6 x Dagger, four worn(left arm, left hip, left/right boot), two in the bag. See below for details.
4 x Throwing knives, two worn, two in the bag. See below for details.

Matching set of Leather Armor(No headgear, but other than that, boots, gloves, and everything between.), specific details regarding placement of knives below. (Not all of the below slots are filled at all times, this is merely to illustrate where he could have them should he decide to go all out when arming himself.)
- Left lower arm, dagger.
- Right lower arm, dagger. [Currently not used.]
- Boots, outer side, daggers. I.e. Left side on the left boot, right side on the right boot.
- Left hip, dagger.
- Back, diagonally placed upside down. (From left shoulder towards right hip.) Handle below right armpit. [Currently not used.]
- Lower back, diagonally sheathed at the belt. Throwing knives, not intended for melee combat. (Sharp pointed ends, dull edges to avoid unintentional loss of fingers while throwing. =P)
1 x Satchel, worn on the left side.
1 x Rope, 7 meters/~23 feet. (Yes, perfectly plausible, i checked. =P)
1 x Grappling Hook
Food rations for about three days.
1 x Waterskin
1 x Silver Pendant in the shape of a wolf's head with sapphire eyes.
1 x Whetstone, for sharpening his blades.
1 x Quill and ink bottle
3 x Roll of parchment
1 x Flint and Steel
2 x Small glass flask filled with a powder that put someone to sleep if inhaled or ingested. One flask is enough for an average sized human. If the target is larger or more resistant, sleep is replaced with mere drowsiness or no effect at all.
1 x Coin pouch
3 x Small pouch, two currently empty, one for the sleep powder.
Money: 2 Gold, 42 Silver, 21 Copper
Companion: N/A
Other: Before commenting on the assortment of weapons, I'd just like to point out a few things. First of all, while it may seem like a lot if fully equipped, one have to remember that no matter how many blades he carries, he can only use two at once. Either two daggers or dagger/katana combo. (It is theoretically, though not comfortably possible to hold a dagger with the point down in the same hand as you use to draw and nock arrows, thus using a blade while still having the bow in hand and have it usable. This isn't very practical, and the risk of cutting the bowstring is quite high.)
I might have gone a little overkill on describing the gear, but better mention these things now, instead of being accused of making things up to my advantage as we get deeper into the RP.
I also realized something just now, I've got a lot of good feats for getting around and avoiding conflicts, but nothing that really helps once engaged in combat. Let's hope the dice agree with me when the time comes for battle.

This should be done for now then. Also, apologies in advance for not having much in the history section(and part of it being more personality than history), I didn't want to just copy the backstory that I had for him since it wouldn't quite make sense in this RP.

Again, sorry for the delay,
~Kamikaze

EDIT: Updated SU, should be finished now.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 09-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I am truly sorry for taking so long, and for not being finished yet. I've spent a lot of time at my brother's the past couple of weeks, and he isn't too fond of sharing his laptop. =P

Here is the beginning of my SU, along with a question: For inventory, is there a list of stuff, or just make it up ourselves, so long as it is believable?
No worries. The RP has started but not a whole lot has happened. Mainly the players introducing their characters in Southport.

For the inventory I am allowing the players to come up with their own possessions, just as long as it is believable for the character and is not too much for a beginning level character. Mainly I don't want equipment to have special abilities, with a few exceptions. Remember, think of your character being low leveled, seeing that this is the first campaign and we're still in the beginning. As time goes on there will be chances to get better equipment that have special abilities, like maybe giving your character a new skill or add points to one of their stats.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Double post, bad, I know *slaps hand*

But I gotta say that I'm so happy with the posts so far. I do apologize for not posting a recent DM post, but I have been working on some ideas at the moment, discussing an idea with another player, and now I am giving Jaye a chance to post another IC post. That also gives me more time to work on the DM post. I do want to say that there will be times I am slow with getting those out, especially when everyone has their character interacting with a NPC. All I ask is that during those slow times you be a little patient, and I'll do my best to make it worth the wait. As I said I'm really happy with how it's starting out (though I would have loved to see come PCs interact with one another, maybe being old acquaintances or meeting one another for the first time) and hope that so far you are having fun and look forward to the story progression.

One last note, I highly suggest you make sure you read my DM posts carefully. Velocity, I noticed you had your character interact with a hat salesmen. I never said that there was a stall with that particular inventory, but I will let it slide for now. In the market there could be any kind of salesperson, but next time please either ask me if there is a certain person or have your character look around (most likely a Perception check) if he's looking for something in particular. And Sam, the sailor your character is not interacting with does not have a Wooper. He is a Wooper Gijinka, aka a humanized Wooper. If I had a picture I could use for reference then I'd post it, but I can't find one that is close enough to the image I have in my head and I cannot draw that well. I can try to describe his appearance the best I can if you'd like either here or in the RP thread itself.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 09-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Kamikaze Offline

SU "should" be done, though it's 2:30 in the morning, so I could be wrong. Tell me if something is amiss and I'll take care of it.

Also, a quick question regarding rolls. If I have read things correctly(I've been looking about for a bit), shouldn't the d20+any modifiers be compared to the difficulty class, and higher d20 roll means greater chance to succeed in whatever you are doing?

Example, DC is 10, so a d20 roll that gives 10 or higher when modifiers are applied would mean it passes.

I apologize if I'm wrong, but from what I've been able to tell, that is how it should be, since more difficult tasks have higher Difficulty Class values.

Regardless, looks very interesting so far, and I'm looking forward to joining you guys in the RP.

~Kamikaze

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I seriously apologize for the wait, guys. Things have been going on that have left me mentally drained, and this RP needs a lot of mental energy to focus on and write for. I will try to get to all of the posts, both RP and here, by tonight or tomorrow. If I don't feel free to throw a brick at me.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Name: Kamikaze
Character: Aldur An'rayi
Species: Human
Class: Rogue
Appearance: Aldur has emerald green eyes, brown shoulder-long hair that is usually tied in a ponytail, and stands just above 6'0" tall. He is in good physical condition, and though of a slender build, he is by no means weak. Most often seen in a black leather outfit, which is his work attire. On his back is a bow and a quiver, and on his right hip a sheathed, slightly curved blade(A katana more or less). Tucked away is also a number of knives and other assorted tools of his trade. While not at a job, he usually wears rather fine clothes that is either a dark forest green, or a deep blue color. Obviously not armed to the teeth while socializing with others, he only wears his blade and a few of the knives. Regardless of the outfit, he is always wearing a silver pendant, shaped like the face of a wolf, with deep blue sapphires as eyes.
Personality: Aldur is fairly intelligent, extremely organized, and very professional. he prefers the forest, and nature in general, over cities and society, not because he feels out of place, or lack the social skills to interact with others, but because nature is much more pure, and he finds the serene aura that lingers in a forest untouched by man to be very calming.
Though an assassin, he is not one who enjoys the taking of lives. He is not a common blade for hire, but rather strives for peace. If the death of a few people will prevent a larger conflict, then that is the price that must be paid for the greater good. Such philosophy would be considered immoral by most, but just as he doesn't kill just anyone, neither is he out to convert others to his ways.
History:
Aldur comes from a family of assassins. Both his parents were very skilled at what they did, and taught him much before they passed away from a disease when Aldur was at the age of 20. He learned his swordsmanship from his father, and his mother passed on her skills as a marksman. When they died, he inherited his father's katana along with his mother's bow, as well as the silver pendant that he now carries with him at all times.
When his parents still lived, Aldur had operated mainly around Easthaven, as that was the closest city to their secluded home. After they passed however, he decided that it was time to see the world, and so he did. Wherever he went he made himself known, both in the secretive underground as a master assassin, as well as becoming quite infamous at times among the city guards for his exploits. He has never been caught though, usually not even seen by his targets unless that is his wish. This uncanny ability to stay hidden combined with his ability to get into just about any place and the skill within his field of work has given him the status of a ghost. While a great many in the underground respects him, more than a few do so out of fear alone.
This fearful reputation aside, not many knows him on sight, which has allowed him to move freely in just about any environment in any city.
Stats:
Strength: 11
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 13
Languages: Common
Feats:
Alertness: +2 bonus on all Listen and Spot checks.
Deft Hands: +2 bonus on all Sleight of Hand and Use Rope checks.
Investigator: +2 bonus on all Gather Information and Search checks.
Nimble Fingers: +2 bonus on all Disable Device and Open Lock checks.
Persuasive: +2 bonus on all Bluff and Intimidate checks.
Spells: N/A
Inventory:
1 x Katana (Curved 3 feet long blade, 4 feet long including the handle. Adding this just in case weapon reach becomes relevant.)
1 x Longbow
1 x Quiver
13 x Arrow
6 x Dagger, four worn(left arm, left hip, left/right boot), two in the bag. See below for details.
4 x Throwing knives, two worn, two in the bag. See below for details.

Matching set of Leather Armor(No headgear, but other than that, boots, gloves, and everything between.), specific details regarding placement of knives below. (Not all of the below slots are filled at all times, this is merely to illustrate where he could have them should he decide to go all out when arming himself.)
- Left lower arm, dagger.
- Right lower arm, dagger. [Currently not used.]
- Boots, outer side, daggers. I.e. Left side on the left boot, right side on the right boot.
- Left hip, dagger.
- Back, diagonally placed upside down. (From left shoulder towards right hip.) Handle below right armpit. [Currently not used.]
- Lower back, diagonally sheathed at the belt. Throwing knives, not intended for melee combat. (Sharp pointed ends, dull edges to avoid unintentional loss of fingers while throwing. =P)
1 x Satchel, worn on the left side.
1 x Rope, 7 meters/~23 feet. (Yes, perfectly plausible, i checked. =P)
1 x Grappling Hook
Food rations for about three days.
1 x Waterskin
1 x Silver Pendant in the shape of a wolf's head with sapphire eyes.
1 x Whetstone, for sharpening his blades.
1 x Quill and ink bottle
3 x Roll of parchment
1 x Flint and Steel
2 x Small glass flask filled with a powder that put someone to sleep if inhaled or ingested. One flask is enough for an average sized human. If the target is larger or more resistant, sleep is replaced with mere drowsiness or no effect at all.
1 x Coin pouch
3 x Small pouch, two currently empty, one for the sleep powder.
Money: 2 Gold, 42 Silver, 21 Copper
Companion: N/A
Other: Before commenting on the assortment of weapons, I'd just like to point out a few things. First of all, while it may seem like a lot if fully equipped, one have to remember that no matter how many blades he carries, he can only use two at once. Either two daggers or dagger/katana combo. (It is theoretically, though not comfortably possible to hold a dagger with the point down in the same hand as you use to draw and nock arrows, thus using a blade while still having the bow in hand and have it usable. This isn't very practical, and the risk of cutting the bowstring is quite high.)
I might have gone a little overkill on describing the gear, but better mention these things now, instead of being accused of making things up to my advantage as we get deeper into the RP.
I also realized something just now, I've got a lot of good feats for getting around and avoiding conflicts, but nothing that really helps once engaged in combat. Let's hope the dice agree with me when the time comes for battle.
At first I thought you'd have too much in Inventory, but then I realized a good portion of that was the placement of the items. Just thought I'd share that. Accepted. This character is ready to join the others in the character directory.

As for the dice rolls, I'm doing them how the game I was a part of was done with a few edits. I'm still working out the details, realizing how different it would be doing this style of role play via text, so there are some things that still need to be worked out. Also I am currently in the process of trying to lower the amount of rolls needed so everyone won't need to depend on me for the continuation of the story. That may not be so much of an issue when the characters start traveling together and there would be more interaction between them, but for when the group is separated I'm trying to eliminate some of the rolls suggested on the site Jaye provided for me. Also I won't be doing modifiers since, for me at least at the moment, it's hard to remember to factor in. Maybe later on when things are running smoothly and I have a set system for the rolls I'll figure everything out with stat modifiers. So until then I'm just going to keep it simple for all of us. I do have something in mind for task rolls, and it's something that's going to be kept simple. We'll jump over that hurtle when we get there.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
At first I thought you'd have too much in Inventory, but then I realized a good portion of that was the placement of the items. Just thought I'd share that. Accepted. This character is ready to join the others in the character directory.

As for the dice rolls, I'm doing them how the game I was a part of was done with a few edits. I'm still working out the details, realizing how different it would be doing this style of role play via text, so there are some things that still need to be worked out. Also I am currently in the process of trying to lower the amount of rolls needed so everyone won't need to depend on me for the continuation of the story. That may not be so much of an issue when the characters start traveling together and there would be more interaction between them, but for when the group is separated I'm trying to eliminate some of the rolls suggested on the site Jaye provided for me. Also I won't be doing modifiers since, for me at least at the moment, it's hard to remember to factor in. Maybe later on when things are running smoothly and I have a set system for the rolls I'll figure everything out with stat modifiers. So until then I'm just going to keep it simple for all of us. I do have something in mind for task rolls, and it's something that's going to be kept simple. We'll jump over that hurtle when we get there.
Posted in the Character Directory. That means I can post in the RP, right?

Whatever works for the rolls, I was just making sure I wasn't thinking one system and another is in use. =D

Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Posted in the Character Directory. That means I can post in the RP, right?

Whatever works for the rolls, I was just making sure I wasn't thinking one system and another is in use. =D
Yes, you can now post in the RP and join the fun :3

I can understand that. The version I was playing was different than the one that used the rolls you explained. It's also just easier for me to do it the way I was playing with than to try a newer version's.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

From here on out, you will be required to post any bonuses you get via feats or items when doing a skill check. In a normal Dungeons & Dragons game, the Dungeon Master does not have access to the players' character sheets, meaning it it solely up to the players to factor in any roll bonuses. Now unlike the true D&D setting I am doing the player roles, but I don't always remember to check the character's feats to see if they get a bonus. I just check their stat numbers. So then, if you do not post that you get a bonus from a feat or item then it will not be factored into your roll. Be sure to let me know ahead of time, for when I post a Dungeon Master post in the game it is final and what rolls were given in that post cannot be redone. Also I strongly suggest you have your character sheet up when typing up your posts for the game, so you can check your feats and your stats before doing a certain action in-game.

Furthermore, I am sure I said this before but I am going to say it again. In-game you will have opportunities to get items and new feats that could affect your stats. I will also give out points to be added to whatever stat the player chooses as rewards to certain tasks and missions if completed successfully. I may have said early on that if you choose you can come to me with custom feat ideas. Recently, however, I am doing to have to change that answer to no custom feats at this time. Maybe further down the road when things are going smoothly in-game, as well as in my life outside of the forum. Some of you are kept up to date with my activities off forum, so you are aware of how things in my home life have not been the greatest as of late. That's why I went on vacation, which even though I do have more downtime than at home I still go out with family, meaning I can't spend all my waking hours here. So until things calm down, I must ask that custom feat and spell ideas be brought to my attention at a minimal. Most likely I will say "not at this time" since I will need more time than I am willing to spend pondering if the idea will work for the game or not.

I will still happily look over any mission ideas you would like me to include in the game and NPCs you would like brought in to interact with your characters. Also I am allowing more freedom as to not make DM posting a chore, so if you chose to bring in a NPC that will have minimal to no affect on the story progression then feel free to include them. Mentioning them is perfectly acceptable, but be careful if you want to include interactions with that character in your in-character posts. Also not all actions will require a roll. Do not hesitate to ask me if one is needed. Or perhaps you can put it in a player's note in your post and then if I feel it is not needed I will mention it in my next DM post.

Lastly, I will start work on my next post shortly. I cannot promise it will be posted tonight, but I'll try to get it mostly completed to be posted tomorrow if not later this evening. I appreciate your patience in this and I do hope that so far you all are enjoying the game. Please let me know if you are not enjoying the game or if you feel like something is missing. I want to make this a great experience for all involved, so working with all of you will help make that happen.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~