Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » PE2K Wi-Fi League » Wi-Fi League Journey

Wi-Fi League Journey Start your own journey with your Pokemon! Travel around the map, battle trainers and Gym Leaders, catch rare Pokemon and unlock the secrets of the Celestia Region!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Andromeda Town

Trainer: Corey Ty
Party:
Currently: Wandering Andromeda

"Phew, I finally arrived. Well, I'll be here for a while. I'll wait here until the storm passes. Let's set up camp."

I set up camp, and hit the hay for the night.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

"And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away."
-Kanye West, American musician

Trainer: Steak
Party:
Currently: Waking up from a nap.

you are at least 80% sure that's kanye material.

After obtaining your STARTER POKEMON, you decided it would be a good idea to wait on starting out for Route 1, so you expertly picked out a BEAUTIFUL TREE to snooze under. Zubat is a nocturnal Pokemon after all, and you're a bit of a NIGHT OWL yourself. Perhaps not a wise bird, though, because to the north, storm clouds are rumbling like a CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING MATCH.
man, you could go for a round or two of fisticuffs. but first things first.
You toss out a RED AND WHITE BALL-SHAPED CAPSULE.

> Zubat: SCREEEEE!

wow ok thank you for that. your eardrums are throbbing. you guys are off to a great start!
Scanning...
Retrieving data...
SPECIES: ZUBAT
CLASSIFICATION: FRIENDLY

Your DUMB RAD POINTY RAD ANIME RAD SHADES spectaCOOLS spark to life as you stand up.
your eyewear is basically a computer how cool even is that there is not a day that goes by where you can come remotely close to getting over how awesome that is.

Standing by...

just look at this guy. flapping with all his might, zipping and zooming all over the place. dude has no past whatsoever outside of the laboratory and it probably wasn't too long into his life that you picked him up. you stare at your new pal intensely. he needs a name. but it's not even a question.

> Enter name.

"your name.............................................. ....................is Brobat."
Brobat doesn't say a thing, just writes it off and keeps flapping around all confused-like. you can dig. dude's chill to the max. though he doesn't have a past, you do. and now you both are a team united for the future or something. SICK!
Retrieving data...
CODENAME: Brobat
CLASSIFICATION: TEAM MEMBER
"ok Brobat. are you ready for your initiation speech 'cause we ain't playin' no more games here."
Brobat gets mad tired of flip-flappin around and settles on the finest looking tree branch it ever did see.
"right well here is your speech: let's go dude."

> Steak: Enter Route 1.

Last edited by Steak; 10-03-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Trainer: Kyle Cheri
Party: (Toby)
Currently: Leaving the lab, looking outside.

Huh. No one's here. Maybe I should go to Route 1. I think I hear something!

*Leaving Andromeda Town to go to Route 1.*

Signature made by Foxamivalth!

Last edited by Cheerful Cherubi; 10-05-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Dark Umbreon Offline

Trainer: Grae
Party:
Currently: Heading to Route One
Hmm... "So, Bambi what do think of coming with me."
Bambi just looks at me with a grin.
"Well we should head to route 1."
"Deer deer deerling"
"I'll take that as a yes."
And off we go.
*Leaving Adromeda Town to Route 1*
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Pokemon Breeder Dustin Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Breeder Dustin Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Breeder Dustin Send a message via Yahoo to Pokemon Breeder Dustin Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon Breeder Dustin

Trainer: Dustin
Party:
Currently: Heading for Route 1

... ... ...

*Heading North out of Andromeda Town onto Route 1*
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Party: (Toby), (Aerial)
Currently: Trying to catch my breath.

"Why do wild Pokemon hate me?!!?!?!?!?"

Kyle and his party are now out of breath and decide to go to Professor Cedar's lab to seek protection from Pokemon that are much stronger than they are.

*Returned to Andromeda Town after being kicked out of Route 1.*

*EDIT* (Don't want to double post, just continuing here.)

Party: (Toby), (Aerial)
Currently: Checking if the coast is clear.

"Well team, what do you think we should journey on (Side note, but that's a Ragtime reference, if anyone gets it)?"

"Pidge!"
"Pree! Togepree!"

"Well put. Okay, let's go back to Route 1, then."

*Leaving Andromeda Town to go to Route 1.*

Signature made by Foxamivalth!

Last edited by Cheerful Cherubi; 10-06-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Morph Offline

Send a message via AIM to Morph

Trainer: Bando
Party: Snorunt
Currently: Heading to Route One

"Hahaha! Its the start of our journey Snorunt, so many adventurers to be had, pokemom and trainers to befriend. Lets start it the smart way and head for route 1."

10 minutes later.

"Agggh, how do we leave this town its like a maze this isnt very smart. Where is the exit." Snorunt follows behind its dimwitted trainer fully knowing where the exit to leave the town is, its just in awe at how simple Bando got lost in this small town.

Trainer: Bando
Party: Snorunt
Currently: Still in Adromeda

"Finally our journey begins. Hahaha!" By retracing our steps we made our way out of town and started to make our way towards route 1

White FC:5414 9349 1406

Last edited by Morph; 10-07-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Ilovstuddy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Ilovstuddy

Trainer: Ilov Studdy
Party:
Currently: Inside Lighthouse (Andromeda)

"So, where do we go now Treecko?"
"Tree?"
"Oh, I know! Let's go to the Lighthouse! I heard that its a very famous landmark in this city. I hope we can find something inside!"
We both run into the direction of the lighthouse.
"Wow, its so old. I wonder if there's anyone inside."
"Tree..."
"Don't be scared Treecko, I'm here with you so don't worry."

*Entering Lighthouse*

"Wow!"
The place is amazing. There are electric pokemon everywhere charging up and releasing their electric attacks at a large round cylinder with wires connected from all direction. The place is very bright, from all the lightnings and the shining beacon from the upper levels of the Lighthouse. But aside from that, I don't see any humans around.
"Tree!" Treecko happily mingle with the electric pokemon as I observe the surroundings.
"Oh Well, Let's go Treecko! We should get going with our adventure."
"Tree..." Treecko stop playing with the Pikachus and return to my side.
"I guess we should head into route 1 first."

*Leaving Lighthouse to Route 1*

Last edited by Steak; 10-08-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: you can edit a post saying you're leaving the route later - please don't double post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Trainer: Zayna
Party: Charmander (Blaze)
Currently: Standing around

So, here I am. Starting a new adventure, I guess.

I blinked as I stepped out of the research lab, plunging into the relentless summer sun. Lifting a hand to shade my eyes, I gazed over the port known as Andromeda Town. A slight breeze teased my hair, bringing with it the tang of salt from the sea. I felt the promise of a beautiful day in the air.

Yet I remained rooted in place. Suddenly, I was unsure of what to do next.

I should explain myself. A few weeks ago, I washed up on the shores of a place called Celestia, with absolutely no idea who I was or what I was doing. Luckily, someone found me and gave me medical attention, but as of yet my memory has not returned. I have only a name—which I’m not even sure it’s mine. So understand that my apparent awkwardness doesn’t come from nervousness, or even freshness; its honestly because I just can’t remember how to do anything.

I sighed, glancing down at the Poké Ball in my hand. Someone had the brilliant idea that taking on a journey across Celestia might help jog my memory. My rescuers were convinced that I had once been a Trainer, what with all the (ruined) gear I had with me when I was found. Getting back into training might trigger something, they figure. I suppose it makes sense. But that’s not the real reason why I went through with this.

Some part of me told me I was looking for something. What that was, I can’t guess, but I thought that maybe I might find the answers here in Celestia. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try. And who knows, maybe this might be fun.

Throwing the ball in the air, I released the Pokémon given to me by Professor Cedar. I was now the proud owner of a little orange lizard… thing. The Charmander looked up at me with blue eyes, studying me as closely as I studied him.

After a long moment, I said, “So… I guess we’re stuck together, huh?”

The lizard nodded once, eyes still bright with curiousity.

“All right, then,” I placed my hands on my hips. “Best get introduced, then. I’m Zayna. And, er, I guess I get to name you.”

He nodded again, the flame flickering excitedly on the tip of his tail.

Sheesh. If I was supposed to be a Trainer, why was this so hard for me? I didn’t know what to call him! I went through all the fire-related names I could think of. None were creative, but I didn’t know what else to do.

“Congrats,” I finally announced. “Your name is Blaze.”

The creature considered his new name for a moment before “char”-ing in approval.

“Good. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s do a little exploring,” I clipped Blaze’s empty capsule on my belt. “I want to check out the lighthouse before we head to Route 1.”

I was surprised at the sudden surge of confidence I felt. Blinking down at Blaze, I saw him furrow his eyebrows. He didn’t give any objections, however, and so the two of us headed out to the lighthouse.

Here goes nothing.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Currently: Standing around

So, here I am. Starting a new adventure, I guess.

I blinked as I stepped out of the research lab, plunging into the relentless summer sun. Lifting a hand to shade my eyes, I gazed over the port known as Andromeda Town. A slight breeze teased my hair, bringing with it the tang of salt from the sea. I felt the promise of a beautiful day in the air.

Yet I remained rooted in place. Suddenly, I was unsure of what to do next.

I should explain myself. A few weeks ago, I washed up on the shores of a place called Celestia, with absolutely no idea who I was or what I was doing. Luckily, someone found me and gave me medical attention, but as of yet my memory has not returned. I have only a name—which I’m not even sure it’s mine. So understand that my apparent awkwardness doesn’t come from nervousness, or even freshness; its honestly because I just can’t remember how to do anything.

I sighed, glancing down at the Poké Ball in my hand. Someone had the brilliant idea that taking on a journey across Celestia might help jog my memory. My rescuers were convinced that I had once been a Trainer, what with all the (ruined) gear I had with me when I was found. Getting back into training might trigger something, they figure. I suppose it makes sense. But that’s not the real reason why I went through with this.

Some part of me told me I was looking for something. What that was, I can’t guess, but I thought that maybe I might find the answers here in Celestia. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try. And who knows, maybe this might be fun.

Throwing the ball in the air, I released the Pokémon given to me by Professor Cedar. I was now the proud owner of a little orange lizard… thing. The Charmander looked up at me with blue eyes, studying me as closely as I studied him.

After a long moment, I said, “So… I guess we’re stuck together, huh?”

The lizard nodded once, eyes still bright with curiousity.

“All right, then,” I placed my hands on my hips. “Best get introduced, then. I’m Zayna. And, er, I guess I get to name you.”

He nodded again, the flame flickering excitedly on the tip of his tail.

Sheesh. If I was supposed to be a Trainer, why was this so hard for me? I didn’t know what to call him! I went through all the fire-related names I could think of. None were creative, but I didn’t know what else to do.

“Congrats,” I finally announced. “Your name is Blaze.”

The creature considered his new name for a moment before “char”-ing in approval.

“Good. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s do a little exploring,” I clipped Blaze’s empty capsule on my belt. “I want to check out the lighthouse before we head to Route 1.”

I was surprised at the sudden surge of confidence I felt. Blinking down at Blaze, I saw him furrow his eyebrows. He didn’t give any objections, however, and so the two of us headed out to the lighthouse.

Here goes nothing.
Official's Post:

Hello, trainer! I am your narrator. I will be accompanying you throughout your journey in Celestia.

Yes, here goes nothing indeed.

Andromeda sure is beautiful, isn't it? Thankfully today the weather was quite pleasant, and your Charmander certainly seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere.

So, you travel to the lighthouse. The lighthouse is not a long distance away from the Cedar Laboratory - it's just a small while through town. It's a relatively simple place, which seems quite suiting for the beginning of an adventure - we wouldn't want to bog you down with complications so early on, would we? The town is home to only a few residents, so I'm sure if you stuck around long enough you'd bond well with this tightly knit community.

Of course, there's no time to stop and chat. You've a journey to traverse. And a memory to restore.

You look upon the lighthouse with awe. Stretching over 30 metres high, it's an impressive sight for starting trainers to behold. The plant-life surrounding the structure is well kept and the building itself is cleaned so that it is spick-and-span. You get the feeling that Andromedans take real pride in the place they live.

You enter the lighthouse with new-found confidence and you feel your heart flutter with excitement. The inside is nicely decorated with a lightning-blue wallpaper and several desks and drawers. Pictures of several Electric type Pokemon litter the room - perhaps you remember a few of them? The serenity stops after a while of browsing the room, however - you hear strange noises from above you.

Perhaps you should climb the stairs?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Team: Charmander (Blaze)
Currently: Exploring the Lighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etymology View Post
Official's Post:

Hello, trainer! I am your narrator. I will be accompanying you throughout your journey in Celestia.

Yes, here goes nothing indeed.

Andromeda sure is beautiful, isn't it? Thankfully today the weather was quite pleasant, and your Charmander certainly seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere.

So, you travel to the lighthouse. The lighthouse is not a long distance away from the Cedar Laboratory - it's just a small while through town. It's a relatively simple place, which seems quite suiting for the beginning of an adventure - we wouldn't want to bog you down with complications so early on, would we? The town is home to only a few residents, so I'm sure if you stuck around long enough you'd bond well with this tightly knit community.

Of course, there's no time to stop and chat. You've a journey to traverse. And a memory to restore.

You look upon the lighthouse with awe. Stretching over 30 metres high, it's an impressive sight for starting trainers to behold. The plant-life surrounding the structure is well kept and the building itself is cleaned so that it is spick-and-span. You get the feeling that Andromedans take real pride in the place they live.

You enter the lighthouse with new-found confidence and you feel your heart flutter with excitement. The inside is nicely decorated with a lightning-blue wallpaper and several desks and drawers. Pictures of several Electric type Pokemon litter the room - perhaps you remember a few of them? The serenity stops after a while of browsing the room, however - you hear strange noises from above you.

Perhaps you should climb the stairs?
I have a narrator? Huh. Imagine that. Oh, but back to the story…

Blaze and I stared up at the ceiling in puzzlement. I frowned, wondering out loud, “Wonder what that could be?”

With my gaze fixated, I didn’t see Blaze give a shrug. “Charmander, char.”

My eyes suddenly lit up with excitement. “Wonder if it’s an electric Pokémon?” I wasn’t sure why the thought of an electric Pokémon set my heart racing, but I had this strange desire to catch one—or, at least, see one while here. It had been advertised that the lighthouse was powered by these creatures, and it would be fascinating to see how that worked.

“Let’s go check it out!” I waved at my companion, and eagerly raced to the staircase.

Heck yes, I want to climb those stairs!

Last edited by Charmander009; 10-09-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
I have a narrator? Huh. Imagine that. Oh, but back to the story…

Blaze and I stared up at the ceiling in puzzlement. I frowned, wondering out loud, “Wonder what that could be?”

With my gaze fixated, I didn’t see Blaze give a shrug. “Charmander, char.”

My eyes suddenly lit up with excitement. “Wonder if it’s an electric Pokémon?” I wasn’t sure why the thought of an electric Pokémon set my heart racing, but I had this strange desire to catch one—or, at least, see one while here. It had been advertised that the lighthouse was powered by these creatures, and it would be fascinating to see how that worked.

“Let’s go check it out!” I waved at my companion, and eagerly raced to the staircase.

Heck yes, I want to climb those stairs!
Official's Post:

You wonder what the loud thumping from above you could be. You predicted an Electric type Pokemon was the culprit. You know, you might be right. Eagerly you race up the stairs. Once you reached the top stair, you almost get your head knocked clean off - instead you swiftly dodge out of the way of the almighty punch that was just thrown your way. Your Charmander is unscathed, too.

Woah.

The whole room around you is nothing like the one below you. The room is an absolute mess - there's shattered glass everywhere, and every ornament on the desk is knocked off and either damaged or smashed. You stare at the culprit, once you gain the courage to look, and your jaw almost drops.

A wild Electivire appeared!
Rampaging
Cannot be caught.

From out of the corner of your eye, you see a young girl cowering beneath a table. She looks up at you, her eyes desperate with fear behind her round glasses.

"Help me!" she screams!

You've no time to ask what's going on. You can either leave the girl here and avoid all trouble, or you can do the heroic and expected thing to do and save her from the Electivire. Don't ask me how.

The Electivire swings another right hook at you, eyes locked on you in anger.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Currently: Fighting for my life

Quote:
Official's Post:

You wonder what the loud thumping from above you could be. You predicted an Electric type Pokemon was the culprit. You know, you might be right. Eagerly you race up the stairs. Once you reached the top stair, you almost get your head knocked clean off - instead you swiftly dodge out of the way of the almighty punch that was just thrown your way. Your Charmander is unscathed, too.

Woah.

The whole room around you is nothing like the one below you. The room is an absolute mess - there's shattered glass everywhere, and every ornament on the desk is knocked off and either damaged or smashed. You stare at the culprit, once you gain the courage to look, and your jaw almost drops.

A wild Electivire appeared!
Rampaging
Cannot be caught.

From out of the corner of your eye, you see a young girl cowering beneath a table. She looks up at you, her eyes desperate with fear behind her round glasses.

"Help me!" she screams!

You've no time to ask what's going on. You can either leave the girl here and avoid all trouble, or you can do the heroic and expected thing to do and save her from the Electivire. Don't ask me how.

The Electivire swings another right hook at you, eyes locked on you in anger.

What the heck? Dude, Narrator person. This is not what I had in mind!

Giving a short yip of alarm, I ducked beneath the hairy beast’s swing. It was a close miss—I could fill the wind whipping through my air as the arm flew by. Next time, I might not be so lucky. I had to do something, quick! Scrambling away from the livid Electrivire, I glanced over at my Pokémon. While he stared at the Electrivire bravely, I knew that there was no way he could take it on. He was a pipsqueak compared to the behemoth.

But perhaps, we didn’t need to try to defeat it.

I bit my lip trying as I wracked my head for the list of moves Blaze might know. There should have been no way I could recall such information, but as the Electrivire charged once again some hidden instinct kicked in.

“Blaze! Smokescreen, now!” I yelled, then braced myself as the beast came closer.

My Charmander cried out in affirmation, and without a moment of hesitation he opened his maw and breathed a stream of black smoke from his mouth at the Electrivire’s face. With that distraction, I rolled out of the way of the beast’s charge.

Glancing over at the table, I could still see the girl cowering beneath it.

“Keep it up, Blaze!” I ordered. “Distract it! But be careful! Don’t let it get you!”

“Char!” Blaze puffed out his chest before spewing out more smoke. I hoped that the owners of the lighthouse wouldn’t mind… but then again—as I glanced about the room—they had worse things to worry about. As Blaze did his thing, I crept over to the table.

“Come on,” I offered my hand to the glasses-wearing girl. “Let’s get out of here!”

Of course I’m gonna do the heroic thing here! I just hope that that doesn't come back and bite me in the butt.

Last edited by Charmander009; 10-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Currently: Fighting for my life

What the heck? Dude, Narrator person. This is not what I had in mind!

Giving a short yip of alarm, I ducked beneath the hairy beast’s swing. It was a close miss—I could fill the wind whipping through my air as the arm flew by. Next time, I might not be so lucky. I had to do something, quick! Scrambling away from the livid Electrivire, I glanced over at my Pokémon. While he stared at the Electrivire bravely, I knew that there was no way he could take it on. He was a pipsqueak compared to the behemoth.

But perhaps, we didn’t need to try to defeat it.

I bit my lip trying as I wracked my head for the list of moves Blaze might know. There should have been no way I could recall such information, but as the Electrivire charged once again some hidden instinct kicked in.

“Blaze! Smokescreen, now!” I yelled, then braced myself as the beast came closer.

My Charmander cried out in affirmation, and without a moment of hesitation he opened his maw and breathed a stream of black smoke from his mouth at the Electrivire’s face. With that distraction, I rolled out of the way of the beast’s charge.

Glancing over at the table, I could still see the girl cowering beneath it.

“Keep it up, Blaze!” I ordered. “Distract it! But be careful! Don’t let it get you!”

“Char!” Blaze puffed out his chest before spewing out more smoke. I hoped that the owners of the lighthouse wouldn’t mind… but then again—as I glanced about the room—they had worse things to worry about. As Blaze did his thing, I crept over to the table.

“Come on,” I offered my hand to the glasses-wearing girl. “Let’s get out of here!”

Of course I’m gonna do the heroic thing here! I just hope that that doesn't come back and bite me in the butt.
Official's Post:

Hey, I don't control the story, I just narrate it.

Your plan, by the way, was quite clever for one with retrograde amnesia - looks like adrenaline is decent stimuli for your memory to return. Perhaps this journey will be good for you.

The Electivire splutters through the thick smog, forcing a flurry of sparks to emit from its mouth as it does so. Your Charmander quite loyally keeps up the distraction effort, not even seeming to wince in fear. Of course, there was no way the lizard could keep that up for long. Limited PP and all, y'know? Eventually the Smokescreen it continued to spew out became thinner and thinner.

"Oh my, thank you!" the girl squealed as she took your hand. You made sure her smooth fingers had inter-connected with yours before dragging the child off of the floor, attempting to get away from the monster that was still struggling to see through the smoke. You fly down the stairs as fast as your legs could carry you, almost stumbling down the thick stone blocks. You get outside and breathe in the fresh smell of safety, the outside world, before letting go of the girl's hand and having a much deserved rest. You collapse onto the floor, letting the grass outside of the lighthouse tickle your body as you relax.

Suddenly, a thought strikes you which sends another course of adrenaline flowing through your veins. Did you just leave your Charmander behind?

Better go back for it. Or not. Your choice.

Last edited by Etymology; 10-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Quote:
Official's Post:

Hey, I don't control the story, I just narrate it.

Your plan, by the way, was quite clever for one with retrograde amnesia - looks like adrenaline is decent stimuli for your memory to return. Perhaps this journey will be good for you.

The Electivire splutters through the thick smog, forcing a flurry of sparks to emit from its mouth as it does so. Your Charmander quite loyally keeps up the distraction effort, not even seeming to wince in fear. Of course, there was no way the lizard could keep that up for long. Limited PP and all, y'know? Eventually the Smokescreen it continued to spew out became thinner and thinner.

"Oh my, thank you!" the girl squealed as she took your hand. You made sure her smooth fingers had inter-connected with yours before dragging the child off of the floor, attempting to get away from the monster that was still struggling to see through the smoke. You fly down the stairs as fast as your legs could carry you, almost stumbling down the thick stone blocks. You get outside and breathe in the fresh smell of safety, the outside world, before letting go of the girl's hand and having a much deserved rest. You collapse onto the floor, letting the grass outside of the lighthouse tickle your body as you relax.

Suddenly, a thought strikes you which sends another course of adrenaline flowing through your veins. Did you just leave your Charmander behind?

Better go back for it. Or not. Your choice.

Ah, crud.

I am officially the worst Trainer ever. I haven’t had that Charmander for more than half an hour and already I lost him.

“Er,” I sputtered at the girl, holding out a finger. “Could you... Could you excuse me for a moment?”

I laughed sheepishly before darting anxiously back inside. I raced past the displays on the first floor without a second glance and shot up the staircase quicker than… er, that fast Pokemon I can’t remember the name of. The instant I entered the second floor, I was hit with a wall of black smoke. Blaze had certainly kept up that smokescreen. Thanks to his efforts, it was now impossible to see anything. At all.

I choked on the thick black smoke, but didn’t turn back. “Blaze!” I called out. “Blaze, return!”

From somewhere in the smog, a weak cry called out, “Char!”

Soon, an orange figure materialized before me. There he was!

“Good work, Blaze,” I congratulated him between coughs. “Let’s get out of here!”

The Charmander was more than happy to oblige. Cautiously, I peered back out into the smoke. Blue light flickered at its center, where I’m sure a very unhappy Electrivire seethed. Without wasting any more time, we darted back to the stairs—and back outside where that little girl hopefully still waited. I had better make sure she was okay…

And, perhaps, get her to answer some questions. What had she been doing up there? And how did that Electrivire get so wound up?