Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » PE2K Wi-Fi League » Wi-Fi League Official Gyms

Wi-Fi League Official Gyms Find and challenge the official PE2K Wi-Fi League Gyms here. You may also apply for any Gyms which are open.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Gym Leader Applications

Are you interested in being a Gym Leader in the Celestia Region? Make sure you are familiar with the Wi-Fi League rules, especially those regarding Gyms.

To apply for a Gym, first make sure it is open by checking the Official Gym Directory.

Note that you are not required to 'own' the Pokemon for your Gym in the Wi-Fi League itself. The Gym Pokemon are separate and can only be used in Gym Battles. Check the rules about Gyms for more information.

If the Gym you want is open, you may apply in this thread by filling out the following form.
Code:
Gym applying for:
Pokemon using (max 8):
Custom gym rules:
Gym backstory:
Creative Gym Rules are encouraged. Be sure to also specify whether your Gym will conduct single, double, triple and/or rotation battles.

Make sure the Pokemon you select for your Gym match the types of the Gym. The types for each Gym are listed in the Official Gym Directory.

Your Gym backstory should include 2-4 sentences about your Gym and your Leader, such as why you train that Pokemon type, how you ended up in the Celestia Region etc. Your Gym Leader 'character' may be different to your Trainer 'character' and will have a unique set of Pokemon.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to make a new thread for your Gym, where people can post if they wish to challenge you. For information about what to include, check the rules and existing Gym threads.

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 08-29-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Gym Leader Applications

Gym applying for: Apollo City Gym

Pokemon using (max 8): Typhlosion, Ampharos, Jolteon, Ninetales, Magmortar, Electivire, Lanturn, Houndoom.

Custom gym rules:

-Doubles ONLY
- Sun is activated at the beginning of each battle.
- Pokemon with the ability Drizzle, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream will not be allowed to start the battle, but may be sent later on.
- To get to the gym leader, you must have at least ONE water type on your team to douse flames and cool lava caused by the volcano.

- One Ground Type per team.
- Battles are held as 4 VS 4 Flat Battles.
- No Legendaries allowed until after you receive the badge (after your first win).
- No hacks, legit hacks, or any use of the AR is allowed. This is not just the gym, the AR is banned from ALL of Celestia.
- All standard Celestia Gym Rules are in use at this gym!

Gym Clauses
Clause are to be obeyed in this gym. Failure to heed clauses may result in a DQ for the challenger.
- OHKO
- Evasion
- Species

Gym backstory:
The gym leader, a Johto fanatic, chooses only to use Pokemon obtained from Johto. Fire types being his "forte", though he chooses to baffle the challenger by adding electric types as well! The current leader took over this gym last year, after his grandmother had to retire. He's been in numerous contests, so prepare for a flashy battle! The gym is a rather modern gym, seeing as Mt. Era had erupted, washing away the old gym many years ago. The volcano has since been dormant, so there is no further worry; this gym is here to stay! This leader takes battles incredibly serious, but yet, they have a casual flare to them. If you don't have the right combinations, you'll have the burnt taste of a loss lingering beneath your tongue!

Alright, I think I'm set! I can take out any rule you feel unnecessary! c:

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 09-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Gym applying for: Zenith Town Gym
Pokemon using (max 8): Exeggcute, Skiploom, Foongus, Snover, Xatu, Slowpoke, Meditite, Baltoy
Custom Gym Rules:
  • The Gym Battle will be a 2v2 Single Battle. As such, you may only bring 2 Pokemon in your party to the Wi-Fi arena.
  • All Pokemon must be level 25 to participate.
  • The Gym Leader may only use his Gym TM on his Pokemon. They will also lack tutored moves and will not have Dream World abilities.
  • No status moves can be used; the only moves that can be used are special or physical moves.
  • The evasion, OHKO and species clauses must be adhered to.

Gym backstory:
The gym leader is a seemingly old, frail man. However, he merely looks old for his age, and possesses incredibly powerful psychic skills and a love for gardening. It is common knowledge that the gym leader of Zenith Town is known to shout, seemingly uncontrollably; for this, he named his badge the Cadence Badge. He became a gym leader when no one else in town would take the position. With his Natu that he caught on Route 4, he begun to travel around Celestia to find an extra 7 Pokemon to accompany him in his gym. The gym itself is a large, dimly lit room with plants and flowers all around the outside. They are removed and replace with extra ground, however, when battles commence.

Last edited by Etymology; 09-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Gym applying for: Orion City Gym
Pokemon using (max 8): Secret...
Custom gym rules:
  • All participating Pokemon must be Level 50. No excuses.
  • Rotation battles & 4vs4 Double battles*
  • All kinds of moves (physical, special, and status) are allowed, unless they follow under the clauses listed below.
*Rotation battles are for the first challenge only. If the challenger wins and (s)he wants to challenge me again, then the battle style will be will be Double battles.

Gym Clauses:
  • Evasion
  • Sleep
  • Species
  • OHKO

Gym backstory:
The Gym Leader, originally from Sinnoh, is not the most cheerful person in the world. Sinnoh just...didn't suit her. She moved to the Celestia region in hopes of finding a place where she feels like she belongs. And Orion fit her the best. The foggy and dreary city marks her personality to a T. She saw the Gym, with its "Needs a New Gym Leader" sign on the door. The gym is a large room with darkend hallways and deadends and (fake) poison puddles on the floor. You must navigate arround them without getting trapped in the deadends to find the Gym Leader in her room. Her room is a simple purple room with dim-lit candles. You can find her training on Mt. Eon on Saturdays, and in the Orion City Caverns on Sundays.

She may not be one for conversation, but she battles hard. Her tricky techniques will leave you in awe. You'd better have a flashlight and some Antidotes!

I'll give a cookie to whoever can guess who the trainer is. :3

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links

Last edited by Kaoru; 10-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Alright! As of this very moment! You all need to revise your rules. Reason being you're all going under the impression this ia exactly the same league as it was last time. When it's not!

Pokemon types shouldn't be limited in battle, nor should TMs. This is considering Pokemon aren't easy to come by as well as TMs are scattered throughout the entire region. If you're picking a later Gym, you have to deal with the fact challengers are going to be prepared for you. On top of that. ALL GYMS ARE DUAL TYPES!

Most people aren't going to have a plethora of Pokemon at their disposal and keep to a small standard team with a few interchangeable Pokemon. So again, this league is completely different from last time! So please do keep this in mind when revising your application!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:19 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion
Both sides may NOT use the same type of Pokemon in the double at the same time, unless upon force. (No using two water types at the same time, no using to electric types at the same time, etc, unless you only have the same type left).
Should that rule be excluded? I'm not sure... :B

(I've never quoted myself before XD).
Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Alright! As of this very moment! You all need to revise your rules. Reason being you're all going under the impression this ia exactly the same league as it was last time. When it's not!

Pokemon types shouldn't be limited in battle, nor should TMs. This is considering Pokemon aren't easy to come by as well as TMs are scattered throughout the entire region. If you're picking a later Gym, you have to deal with the fact challengers are going to be prepared for you. On top of that. ALL GYMS ARE DUAL TYPES!

Most people aren't going to have a plethora of Pokemon at their disposal and keep to a small standard team with a few interchangeable Pokemon. So again, this league is completely different from last time! So please do keep this in mind when revising your application!
Which rules would need to be revised for my application? I don't see any rules that would necessarily be a problem for newer members, the only outlandish one being the inability to use status moves (which shouldn't be a problem anyway as most Pokemon learn a sufficient amount of physical/special moves by level 25 anyway).
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

I revised my rules. I hope they're fine now.

links
Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

\

Gym applying for:Aurora City Gym
Pokemon using (max 8): Gligar,Gabite, Marstomp, Quagsire, Archen, Scyther, Gyarados, Golbat
Badge:Gravity Badge
TM Awarded: TM62 Acrobatics
Custom Gym Rules:
  • The Gym Battle will be a 3 v 3 Single Battle.
  • You can only have 3 pokemon on your team.
  • All Pokemon must be level 25 to participate.
  • The Gym Leader may only use his Gym TM on his Pokemon.
  • No status moves can be used; the only moves that can be used are special or physical moves.
  • The evasion, OHKO and species clauses must be adhered to.
[*]You may only use 1 ice type pokemon.[*]No Weather Teams. Including the use, of Rain Dance and Sunny Day.

Gym backstory:
The Aurora City Gym was founded 80 years ago by a trainer named Duke Savage. A government man, Savage build the gym originally for the sole purpose of scaring off bootleggers by using means of intimidation. At that time, there were 15 Gym Leaders patrolling the streets. The bootleg patrol would protect the city for many years, until the great prohibition ended. 70 years later, the worn out building found itself moments away from being torn to the ground. A very young researcher and relative of Savage stepped forward and fought to the keep the gym open as a land mark. In a trail that captured the public heart, the gym was awarded to young man. J.C vowing to restore the gym to its original glory fixed the building up. J.C would take over as the gym leader, using the same 8 pokemon his great grandfather had used.

Im requesting that I can have no ice team pokemon, but if thats not okay I will change it. Were the four gyms with double weaknesses picked like that for a reason.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 09-26-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Teo Offline

Etymology and Kaoru are both accepted!

Typhlosion Explosion: Allowing the same type is alright. Try to think of something else to add to make it creative! Remember Apollo City is known for being the city inside a volcano! Has awesome hot springs! So maybe add a weather effect for Sun or Sudden rain pours. I will also allow your gym to limit Ground types to 1 per party. Meaning they can only have 1 ground type on their team period if they challenge your gym considering the double weakness.

Judge Dredd: You can't ban a type from your gym. I understand your gym is weak to Ice types, but you are able to limit it to 1 Ice type per team as well. This doesn't ban the use of Ice moves, but considering yours is the 3rd Gym I don't think Ice moves should be a problem. Also considering your background. I'm sure you'll think up something to help counter your ice weakness.

Post back letting me know you've adjusted your rules.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Etymology and Kaoru are both accepted!

Typhlosion Explosion: Allowing the same type is alright. Try to think of something else to add to make it creative! Remember Apollo City is known for being the city inside a volcano! Has awesome hot springs! So maybe add a weather effect for Sun or Sudden rain pours. I will also allow your gym to limit Ground types to 1 per party. Meaning they can only have 1 ground type on their team period if they challenge your gym considering the double weakness.

Judge Dredd: You can't ban a type from your gym. I understand your gym is weak to Ice types, but you are able to limit it to 1 Ice type per team as well. This doesn't ban the use of Ice moves, but considering yours is the 3rd Gym I don't think Ice moves should be a problem. Also considering your background. I'm sure you'll think up something to help counter your ice weakness.

Post back letting me know you've adjusted your rules.
am I allowed to say no weather teams?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
~Blast Burn

I bolded my new rules. I hope you like them! c:
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Teo Offline

Typhlosion Explosion You are accepted

Judge Dredd, if your gym is closed off from the outside elements. No weather teams would be fine as long as you make it clear that your gym isn't like a dome or something. Other than that, accepted.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I will think of a proper way to explain it.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Am I allowed to have a rule that limits super-effective types?

links