Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Starbom Offline

Default Cant re-do some daily events

First off all, dunno if this goes here or a diff forum, but yeah:

So as some of you know, a few weeks ago my DS lite had a date with death. I found my brother's fatty ds last night and was like "wonder if i can play pokemon on this..." (Only issue with the ds is the touch screen is always clicking to the far top right corner)

So my game works, im in luck. I enter the big stadium in Nimbassa City, I battle against the baseball player with the cubone, then go to battle a youngster thats next to him. But when I talk to him, he talks as if I had already battled him today.

So I thought "This DS is old, prob needs new WFC..." so I gave it new WFC and tried again. I could battle another baseball player, but still not the youngster or any other of the non-athletes.

Today I noticed that the DS was a whole 24 hours ahead of time, so I changed that. Now when I turned on my game, footballers were there instead of the baseball people. I was like "Fancy, its gotta work now!" But no.

Also, I havent talked to my guy in white forest since my DS died and he didn't dissapear...

I havent tried any other events but is there any way I could get these things to work?

Since I fixed the clock maybe it'll start to work tomorrow?

Do I have to do something else to the clock (In Animal crossing wild world, Tom Nook's catalog was always "booked" and when I googled that it said the time in my ACWW and the time on my DS were different. Maybe my PKMN white could have a similar thing)

Thanks. (TL;DR version is bolded lol)

Last edited by Starbom; 09-02-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Cant re-do some daily events

I think it makes sense if you change the time, you have to wait until 24 hours before any of the daily things work. Otherwise people could just constantly change the time to keep doing dailies. Putting it in another DS with a different time might also confuse it and you may have to wait 24 hours.

24 hours makes sense rather than just the next day because otherwise people could set the clock back to 23.59 and just wait for it to tick over to get new dailies.

If it still doesn't work after 24 hours then definitely come back and let us know! From what I can find online though, you just have to wait. =)
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Starbom Offline

It worked, Im back in business :D

Lol fatty DS's are so awkward to hold but hey, saves me 50 bucks XD
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbom View Post
Lol fatty DS's are so awkward to hold
What are earth are you talking about... lol
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Starbom Offline

They are so much longer than ds lite...

Also turns out im in a bit of a pickle, I cant deposite Pokemon, but if i try and move oen to my inventory my game stops... Music plays normally but i cant press anything and am forced to power down. B doesnt even work. (5 pokemon inmy party now because of this D:)

Im thinking I need to buy a new one. :/
Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Hm, that is strange. It seems like you might have a dodgy game cartridge. You could try starting a new game and seeing if you have the same problem?

I don't know what store you got it from, but some stores will replace it. Might be worth asking. Alternatively you could try contacting Nintendo customer service and see if they have any advice.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 AM
brandon_g Offline

yeah difentely sounds like a defect... and your warranty will cover that... check with the store or nintedo on getting a refund.. make sure you have your recieot though.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Starbom Offline

^that will make me lose my data! I worked so hard for my like 5 boxes of lvl 100s... ><.

Could the water of damaged it? Pkmn wasnt in the ds during the major soaking but still O_o
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
brandon_g Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbom View Post
^that will make me lose my data! I worked so hard for my like 5 boxes of lvl 100s... ><.

Could the water of damaged it? Pkmn wasnt in the ds during the major soaking but still O_o

in answer to the first part, if you got another pokemon game... than borrow a freind sds and trade the pokemon to that other game... than look into warranty...

As for the second part... defiently it could have broke the cartridge slot... causing malfunctions, or to have certain parts not work properly.

Hope I was helpful
Old 09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Starbom Offline

I found a cure, I always "Moved" pokemon, if I withdraw/ deposit, it works fine. I guess I shouldve put that on here sooner. All I need now is to borrow a DS for Keldeo and Genesect events haha.