Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:35 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: Journey from the Valley Discussion

Hmm...well, if we were to "restart" from the swamp, it would cut out going through the dry lands again and I think we could take care of the problem. Let's say that at the north and south edges of the dry lands, there are barriers (like a deep gorge) which would cause others to travel in the same direction as the swamp. Any new characters can say that they have already crossed the barren area and simply make their start in the bog.

- We update our old characters if they are staying, or make the SU for new characters as normal. Any characters not updated, will simply be dropped as if they had not been there or went another way (or something...).

- Those of us (our characters at least) who were already in the swamp, can start together from that point. It saves the intros from those who will be continuing. Even if you make changes to a character, we should know each other well enough to pick it up. (I hope ^^')

-When new characters do catch up to the group, if we can keep the meeting down to quick introductions then we can definitely talk and learn more as we travel, correct? ^^

It's only a suggestion, but I think it's simple enough that we don't have to begin all the way back at the valley and still have a fairly fresh start for changes to the line-up. I dunno if everyone will agree, just figured I'd throw it out as a compromise. ^^'

Last edited by k_pop; 08-28-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Hmm... I think Kris' compromises there will work ^^

I think we should be a bit cautious when we introduce the new characters--and make sure they don't all suddenly appear at once like they had before; it made the interactions a little abrupt and overwhelming xD We could have all the new characters meet each other before they join up with the main group

Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

I really like Kris's idea, and I think that will work! People who want to change their characters or are newly joining can meet up with the main group, and everyone in the swamp who's characters are staying the same can already be traveling together.

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Sheepat Offline

So when would the RP start back up? I've already started getting an idea for a charry, but I need a general feel to the RP. Maybe someone could give me a link to the old thread?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Here's a link! :D Behold, the RP and its 51 pages of glory! >:D

Old 09-02-2012, 02:36 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

You liked my idea? Awesome. ^^ Since there's people who want to have new characters, it just seemed easier to "restart" from a point further from the valley.

Uh, Sheep, I'd suggest not reading the entire 51 pages. That would take quite a while and there were several people who didn't stick through the whole thing either. ^^'
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yes, I agree with that. I also think it would be easier to start with a new thread (that links to the old one/gives a brief explanation) so it's not confusing for people just joining.

-My Links-
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Eyup.

I'll be keeping Aggranium and some new characters, but I'm not going to keep Thunderclaw (AKA Absaichu). I might keep Brokenstar though.

All ye who worry about Absaichu's fate, don't worry. You'll see him...In my stories ;) And one, even sooner than you think...
Old 09-05-2012, 03:32 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

That's probably not a bad idea, Scy. Maybe since there's only two pages here the SU could be added to this thread. Just add SU to the title and add the intro to the first post. *shrugs*

Aw, so long for now, Thunderclaw. *waves* I'm glad you're thinking about Brokenstar though. I liked her.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yeah, that's a good idea, Kris. Those who already made sign ups in the old post won't have to do so again (unless they are adding new characters).

I'm interested to see the new characters, Grassy! And I'm also glad you're considering having Brokenstar there.

-My Links-
Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: Journey from the Valley Discussion and SU

Um, do you think maybe we should re-post the continuing characters here too? That would keep it clear who is coming back and there would be a reference for new RPers. ^^'
Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I have my characters posted on the front page.

-My Links-
Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Well as I was catching up, I found every question and idea or mine already stated and answered. I'm a little nervous about starting this up again, because I probably haven't gotten much better at writing since last time, but I'm just going to hold myself to at least being better than my last posts..at least I know I can do a little better..even if it's just a little.

I'm just gonna push myself anyhow, because I need to push myself or I'll never get better. xD Let's do this! :D

So here are my (slightly) updated character bio's (mainly a few typos and a few grammar fixes, but I didn't want to rewrite it because I'm just being weirdly interested in how I used to write because I don't write that way anymore):

Name: Rockpaw

Species: Espeon

History: Lived in the valley, but was always very adventurous. He grew up always having fun but never quite satisfied because there was no adventure. But when Firestorm attacked and he got his wish for adventure, he hated it. He was injured severely and now has post traumatic stress disorder and is stuck thinking and acting like a little pup.

He was so badly traumatized that he subconsciously hid the memories from himself. His one surviving friend was shocked when she found Rockpaw again after the attack. They had grown up as friends all their life together, but got separated during the battle.

When she found Rockpaw, she couldn’t recognize him because of how badly mutilated he was. She nursed him back to health and when he recovered, she found out he was a little pup again.

She tried to help him out and get him to go back to how he was before, but he didn’t know how to be an adult anymore. His brain didn’t want to comprehend what had happened to him and everyone he knew, so it hid behind being a child again where he could be carefree.

Personality: He is very childish most of the time, but has moments where he thinks like the adult he used to be, he is very friendly and would care for his friends – if he had any, they were all killed right in front of him. He plays around a lot like a five-year-old eevee…

Appearance: Is a dark shade of purple unlike other espeon, the gem on his forehead is pure black. His left ear is half-ripped off, his tail is broken and one of the tips is completely gone. His front right leg is ripped open, his hind paws are both sprained. His eyes are a sharp emerald green. He has a deep wound in his right side, as well as scratches all over his entire body. He is a few inches taller than most espeon, other than that, he is the same as any other.

~~~~~~

Name: Sideswipe

Species: Umbreon

History: Was always friends with Rockpaw and just as adventurous as him, she really had come to care for him a lot when the battle happened and they were separated. But he barely remembers her now, as when she found him, he was suffering from memory loss also.

Lived a pretty good life, despite her mother dying and her father never getting over it. When Firestorm attacked, her farther was one of the first to be killed right in front of her eyes. She saw Rockpaw get attacked right before she was swept away by an attacking sneasel that broke her leg, luckily one of her friends-an arcanine-stopped the sneasel. However, she saw most of her friends killed.

She was never quite the same afterwards, always sad and sulking. When she found Rockpaw, her heart broke, and she tried to help him get back the way he was before. But she never could and is now very depressed…

Personality: She used to be very outgoing and nice, talking to strangers and having fun all the time. But now she’s always sad and depressed, her heart's broken because in her view she lost the one she cared for most even though he is alive and doing well.

Appearance: She has a red gem on her head like an espeon, her eyes change colors sometimes but are usually a deep dark blue. Her stripes are red instead of the usual yellow, and she is pure white except for the spots stained red with blood. She has small cuts and bruises all over, and her front left leg is broken.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

I'm reserving this post for Gladewing's, Snowsong's, and Ember's SU ^^

Name: Gladewing

Species: Scyther

History: Gladewing comes from a land far from the valley, from a proud and mighty swarm of Scyther who had established themselves in a rich forest. As the story goes, Gladewing’s father was one of the clan’s strongest warriors, and wanted his son to be the same. Gladewing, however, was always a little different. He was always obsessed with what was beyond their forest, and with the ways of the other Pokemon. Gladewing patiently learned lessons of chivalry and honor from his father, but he knew there was more to life than the swarm. Gradually Gladewing developed a desire to learn more about the outside world, and more importantly a longing to fulfill that desire. Unfortunately, that led to a falling out with his father and the rest of the swarm, who wanted him to stay put and become a warrior. In anger and frustration, Gladewing fled from his homeland and started life as a wanderer.

Being a drifter wasn’t as easy as he had once glorified it to be. He quickly learned many hard lessons in his first few weeks, nearly starving to death. Luckily he found a wise mentor in a kind Gallade who quickly showed him how to survive on his own. Learning important skills, Gladewing soon found new pleasure in exploring new and strange lands. The day came when he and his mentor chose different paths, but Gladewing traveled on in confidence.

Personality: Gladewing has a very noble character, and believes in fighting for weak and infirm. He’s very respectful and chivalrous, as he was brought up to be. Despite being a little bit of a loner, Gladewing has a very bright and optimistic look on life, and is easily excitable. He’s still a bit of a juvenile, but his travels have brought him to some maturity. To those older and wiser, the scyther is very respectful and courteous, and will be obedient and true to his word when sworn into the service of a needy soul. Around his own kind, he’s always been a bit of an odd duck, and tends to be socially awkward; but around other species of Pokémon his keen curiosity tends to bring out more of his friendliness. Gladewing is incurable of his thirst for adventure, and can never really stay in the same place for too long.

Appearance: Unlike most other scythe, Gladewing’s carapace is darker in color, and has been somewhat physically hardened from his distant travels. Currently he is in a transitional stage, nearing his coming of age but still somewhat juvenile. As such, he’s just a bit smaller than adult Scyther, but still skilled in combat and hunting.

------

Name: Embyr

Species: Charmeleon

History: Embyr lived on the outskirts of the valley, in the highlands that acted as the natural border against the outside world. Her clan of Charizard was one of the first line of defense against invaders, though times were quite peaceful during her childhood. She and her family were quite close, and she couldn’t imagine being anywhere else with anyone else. Embyr and her siblings were trained in combat, but they never took their training seriously. To them, it was all just a game—for why would their life ever change?

They couldn’t have been more wrong.

Embyr’s clan was taken by surprise during Firestorm’s invasion. Though they battled valiantly, the Charizard were unable to hold them back. The invaders began to spill into the valley as the clan was slowly decimated. Embyr’s parents fought bravely to protect their children, but in the end their strength failed. Embyr and her brother Pyro barely managed to escape, though the latter was badly injured.

Stricken with shock and grief, Embyr and Pyro wandered lost in the wilderness, unsure of where to go. Embyr tried to push them forward with some sort of confidence, but Pyro was getting worse with every passing day. Soon, he succumbed to an infection and passed away one dismal morning.

Now, having lost all the Pokémon she had ever cared about, Embyr has nothing left to live for.

Personality: Before tradgedy broke out, Embyr was a caring and compassionate Charmeleon with a fiery spirit. Now, however, she feels as if her heart had been torn out. She’s listless, without much will, and empty within—vaguely aware of the things happening around her. All she knows is that she must move forward, but depression keeps sinking her down. She’s more like a robot then Pokémon, only reacting and never anything else. What she needs most is a friend, to bring her back out of the darkness she’s trapped inside.

Appearance: Embyr’s hide is a darker shade of red then most other Charmeleon, and she has unusually deep green eyes. She’s a little thin from malnutrition, and a little small for her age. Er, not sure what else I can say.

-----

Name: Snowsong

Species: Glaceon

History: A Glaceon is a rare sight in the forest, but that was where Snowsong was born and raised. She was a winter pup, which—while unusual—hinted at the path that she would one day take. No one was surprised when she finally evolved in the thick of winter into a Glaceon. Being a bit of a rebel when she was younger, Snowsong eventually left her family pack and wandered across the valley. While she enjoyed the solitude of living independently, it became apparent that living in a pack was best for survival.

Snowsong was adopted into a different pack of Eevee-lutions, though retaining her lone-wolf personality she never became close to them. When Firestorm attacked, her pack fought bravely against the invasion. She was paired with a Leafeon, but when a conflict came about, the Leafeon abandoned her to save his own life. Snowsong barely managed to escape, but now she has trouble trusting others.

After finding Embyr in a terrible state, she feels compelling need to help her—which is strange, considering her personality. Still, she tries her best to keep the Charmeleon motivated and moving, and will do anything to keep her safe.

Personality: Independent and free-willed, Snowsong doesn’t like being told what to do. Far from the friendly type, the Glaceon usually comes off as being cold and indifferent, and can be quite sarcastic and mean at times. She doesn’t come to trust strangers easily, and it will take a long time to grow close to her. After one reaches out to her, they’ll find that she’s fiercely loyal and brave.

Appearance: Her pelt is a bit paler then most other Glaceon, and she has a slight tint of green to it. Her ears are slightly rounded at the tips, as well.

Also, would it be okay if we just say Snowsong and Ember met up with the gang at the start of the swamp? Maybe they met just last night, so the two are still new to everybody but have been introduced ^^

BUT, I'm not sure what to do with Gladewing. I think I'd like to just re-introduce him to everybody (maybe after a little time has passed or something), but I'm not sure if you guys want to go through that again xD What do you think? ^^

Last edited by Charmander009; 09-15-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
I'm reserving this post for Gladewing's, Snowsong's, and Ember's SU ^^

Also, would it be okay if we just say Snowsong and Ember met up with the gang at the start of the swamp? Maybe they met just last night, so the two are still new to everybody but have been introduced ^^

BUT, I'm not sure what to do with Gladewing. I think I'd like to just re-introduce him to everybody (maybe after a little time has passed or something), but I'm not sure if you guys want to go through that again xD What do you think? ^^
Yes, that's fine!

You can re-introduce Gladewing again if you want. I think either way would be fine.

-My Links-