Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

View Poll Results: Should We Start Gold and Silver ?
Yes, and I would join one! 8 100.00%
No, Activity is not high enough. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Johto: Gold and Silver Voting Poll/Discussion

As a suggestion for people who don't have WiFi, perhaps a small load of points or a special shiny pokemon that they can't get anywhere else. Or a new type of pokemon (a fusion) that could be used. Just some suggestions.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
As a suggestion for people who don't have WiFi, perhaps a small load of points or a special shiny pokemon that they can't get anywhere else. Or a new type of pokemon (a fusion) that could be used. Just some suggestions.
Fusion would be interesting but we would need to find some, and the sprite would have to look good. Money or shines would work as well.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Fusion would be interesting but we would need to find some, and the sprite would have to look good. Money or shines would work as well.
Well, you have a spriter right here! I could help out with those, haha. But yeah, Shiny pokemon/points would probably be the best bet.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
Well, you have a spriter right here! I could help out with those, haha. But yeah, Shiny pokemon/points would probably be the best bet.
yeah that sounds good, people who cant get the wifi will be give a shiny ! sounds fair !

Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I promised I'd join for GS, so looks like I'm joining!

Shun the non-believer
Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

yeah you did ! im glad to hear your going to be joining this time around !

Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

To be honest I'm not sure why I didn't join Red or Blue. I guess I noticed it when it was really active and I didn't feel like trying to catch up. I can go back and see if I can see what reasons I had for shying away from it. However, if we want to also discuss Yellow, I can point out why I didn't show that much interest in that.

I'm also one that doesn't use WiFi, but that's because where I live I can't get it. So I agree with the free shiny. For fusions, I'm not sure. I don't mind fan-made Pokemon, but for something like this I don't think it'd be a good idea. I'd just stick with the originals.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
To be honest I'm not sure why I didn't join Red or Blue. I guess I noticed it when it was really active and I didn't feel like trying to catch up. I can go back and see if I can see what reasons I had for shying away from it. However, if we want to also discuss Yellow, I can point out why I didn't show that much interest in that.

I'm also one that doesn't use WiFi, but that's because where I live I can't get it. So I agree with the free shiny. For fusions, I'm not sure. I don't mind fan-made Pokemon, but for something like this I don't think it'd be a good idea. I'd just stick with the originals.
Well I understood your reasons for not joining yellow, its structure is still being worked out. It also forces limitations on the characters because they will mostly be around each other. Its a test thread of a bigger project. Sadly the activity is not great, im working on a post now, hopefully more people jump in.

If you want to play a fun game where not much rp is requried but your imagination is needed then you this would be a good game for you.

Also Shiny pokemon seem like the fairest way to handle it because there is really no way to get them in the rp, unless its part of your characters story. Which is something i would encourge. That each of you joining to think of something to add to it. Each of us should have some piece of the story. It also helps me out, because driving the story in directions can be tough sometimes. I try to give everyone who plays an active roll a great mission or two.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:07 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

With Yellow there was a lot of restriction. I also didn't understand the Pokemon choices in each class and why two people couldn't be the same one. When I was looking it over I was thinking of joining with my main Pokemon OC, but with how it was set up that would not have been possible without me having to sacrifice something about her character and the Pokemon I would have liked her to during the progression.

It might have been that there wasn't a lot of RPing that threw me off at first. Seeing one liners is just something that tends to make me turn away. But I understand that in a game like this that is acceptable and I should have been more open-minded. Lastly something I just do not understand is the point system. It's something I have not used before and still confuses me, even when I reread and try to understand.

Perhaps another thing you can do is that if a person would rather start out with two Pokemon instead of getting a shiny, or maybe started with an evolved Pokemon, that could be acceptable. Just a random idea being thrown out.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
With Yellow there was a lot of restriction. I also didn't understand the Pokemon choices in each class and why two people couldn't be the same one. When I was looking it over I was thinking of joining with my main Pokemon OC, but with how it was set up that would not have been possible without me having to sacrifice something about her character and the Pokemon I would have liked her to during the progression.

It might have been that there wasn't a lot of RPing that threw me off at first. Seeing one liners is just something that tends to make me turn away. But I understand that in a game like this that is acceptable and I should have been more open-minded. Lastly something I just do not understand is the point system. It's something I have not used before and still confuses me, even when I reread and try to understand.

Perhaps another thing you can do is that if a person would rather start out with two Pokemon instead of getting a shiny, or maybe started with an evolved Pokemon, that could be acceptable. Just a random idea being thrown out.
With the Yellow RP, I plan on taking the feedback form it to re work the next one. Making the trainer classes more open. Really it was experiment, in my mind I tailored it towards a full team having to help each other out. I think If I had created a spot a clause that said, ever trainer class is allowed to pick two pokemon that are not from their class that might have gone over better.

The point system is something I have worked on before, it red and blue I have had people rewrite so it was less confusing. Since its a posting game, you are encouraged to post a lot , which is to your benefit. I wanted to encourage people to post because it would help them out. If there is something about it that I can answer please feel free to ask. I made it up and I change things about it that I find flawed. Latio has been helping too!

I think a shiny or two pokemon could start. I know those people come from red or blue will be able to bring a pokemon with them. So two pokemon might be a good option. Evolved pokemon might not work as well. The early part of the journey you face low level pokemon that require choices, that can either cost you points or cost you to have your pokemon faint. Strong pokemon would throw that off.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Makes sense then that they not start with evolved Pokemon. I just got the idea because I was thinking of my main Pokemon OC is all. It depends on which of my OCs I'd want to sign up with on which Pokemon I'd like to start out with. I know if it's my main I'd probably pick the start with two option. Not sure on which option I would choose for my other. Another option I do have is to go into town and try to pick up WiFi there to see if it works, but I can't promise that. The most I've done with it is GameStop events, so I'm not sure how it works.

I'll probably give Silver a try, but no promises on that. I can learn as I go about the point system. I think that once I see it in action (I haven't looked at Red or Blue) and get a feel for it I'll understand it better. But if I have any other questions I'll let you know.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

I can't remember why I didn't join B/R, although it might have had something to do with the point system. Either way, I'm will to at least give this a short :3

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
I can't remember why I didn't join B/R, although it might have had something to do with the point system. Either way, I'm will to at least give this a short :3
If you do we gotta join the same one. We just have to X3

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 AM

Reserving myself a place in Silver XD can't wait for this to start.

I can't wait for this generation to start. Looks like we're going to have some good people this time around.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Last edited by Metal Gear Snivy; 08-31-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Looks like Silver's the one to join! xD So, I'll join Silver. I like Lugia better, even though this'll have nothing to really do with Lugia...I think. And can I assume that Crystal will be a full RP?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)