Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Wink Re: Too Old for Pokemon? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
XD People who say you're too old for something are clearly not knowledgeable about the reasons people like us love things like pokemon.

I HATE when people put an age limit on things such as pokemon. For me, it's not even about the games or the anime, or anything like that. For me it's the whole idea of pokemon--the pokemon themselves as a whole. I love everything about these creatures, and I would never want to give them up or anything related to them - stories, drawings, games - for a person's "YOU'RE TOO OLD FOR IT!!!1!1ONE!" It's ridiculous to me. xD I'm allowed to like whatever I damn-well want.

~GS.
This, is exactly what I think XD

Thanks a lot guys, yeah, just like Sarah and many others said, age isn't really a factor when it comes down to enjoyment, besides its far more than just enjoyment, I am emotionally attached to my Pokemon, they mean a lot to me and just because time passed by I'm not gonna leave them alone... =)
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Default Re: Too Old for Pokemon? :/

3 cheers for pokemon! hip hip, HOORAY hip hip, HOORAY hip hip, HOORAY.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Excuse me? Too... Too old... Huh? What does this term mean?

Anyway, in all seriousness, I cant help but laugh inside any time I hear one of the kids at school go "Dude, are you seriously talking about Pokemon? That's so childish. Grow up and play some real games, like Call of Duty." I may sound like some kind of nagging mom or something, but I do think that Call of Duty really does effect kids. All of the bully's in my grade all play first person shooters, and I just can't take it as a coincidence. I'll stick to my Nintendo, thank you very much.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 AM
thornzion Offline

the only way you can "get too old" is if you tell yourself that and force yourself to believe
it
my BROTHER says that im too extreme w/pokemon
i dont let him bother me
Pokemon White:
Name:JB
FC:3009-7517-2126
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Cool Re: Too Old for Pokemon? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornzion View Post
the only way you can "get too old" is if you tell yourself that and force yourself to believe
it
my BROTHER says that im too extreme w/pokemon
i dont let him bother me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Dragon View Post
Excuse me? Too... Too old... Huh? What does this term mean?

Anyway, in all seriousness, I cant help but laugh inside any time I hear one of the kids at school go "Dude, are you seriously talking about Pokemon? That's so childish. Grow up and play some real games, like Call of Duty." I may sound like some kind of nagging mom or something, but I do think that Call of Duty really does effect kids. All of the bully's in my grade all play first person shooters, and I just can't take it as a coincidence. I'll stick to my Nintendo, thank you very much.

Hip hip, hurrray!! ^^

Yup, ain't gonna let anyone bother me, ever!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 AM
Asch Offline

I've actually had an experience like this too!

I think it was in November of 2011, and then I had just finished playing Pokemon XD: GoD. After that, as the days went on and I had to work more hours than usual, I found myself playing less and less Pokemon. Not only that, but I was starting school soon, so that means that I was having less and less free time which led to disinterest in the end.

My situation has changed now, and I've gotten a lot of my interest back! But honestly, in my perspective, the disinterest would only go as far as you would let it go(I assume it's already been said a lot in this thread). If you're a person that still wants to stick with the series, I don't see why you can't, really! Ideally, I'd like to stick and play Pokemon for as long as I can, but who knows what'll happen in the future?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
OldMax Offline

Glad to see im not the only one who see's no stop in playing pokemon games.

Stay awsome everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Angel_DeArc_ Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Angel_DeArc_

One can NEVER EVER be too old for Pokemon.
enough said :P
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Obliveon Offline

http://princessdawn982.deviantart.co...tamp-158795847
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Bombazzzo Offline

You can never, ever, EVER be too old for Pokemon. I'm 19 and I still play pokemon like I did when I was 8, with occasional college breaks.. you know. ^^ For me pokemon is a... gateway to my inner child lets say. Every time I play one of them I get attached to my party and enjoy every bit of it, and I feel like being a kid again. If you wanna go play CoD or something I don't care feel free, I'll stick to my light-hearted yet exciting adventure with my 6 companions.
Anyways, I used to trade with a lady on here who was in her 40's a couple years ago and married with a kid I believe, and she played quite a bit and loved it. If anything that just shows how awesome Pokemon is, and the fact that you can never outgrow it IMO.

credit to EmBreon for the banner ^^
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

Too old for pokemon? Rofl yeah tell me another one!

No way in hell can ya be too old for pokemon!

Started playing the year Red version came out, I'm STILL playing pokemon (I'm 23, 24 next week) and will be playin pokemon for decades to come.

I will admit i'd get alittle bored of the game sometimes but this forum's opened up a whole new avenue of fun for me!

WFL Dream Team.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Master Zorua Offline

32 and still playing. it's just a very enjoyable game series. Simple yet enjoyable. I'd like to see more of the Colosseum and XD style games.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I personally think I am too old for Pokemon. Does that mean I cease to enjoy it? No. Let's be honest, the franchise is obviously marketed towards young children. Why deny that we enjoy something that is childish? The question is not so much if you and I are too old for Pokemon. Why there is a negative connotation for enjoying aspects of childhood should be the question.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-31-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Sircry Offline

So long as it isn't taking time away from your other duties and responsibilities, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm 18 myself, and I still play. I just make sure that I balance college, homework, a social life, and games.

You're never too old for it, really. It's a thing of nostalgia. There are older folks than use that are still really into games before our time. Why aren't they too old? There's nothing wrong with you. Not too old for Pokemon. Don't sweat it.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

I'm 24 years old and I have Unova Maps, a giant Giratina Pokemon Platinum poster that covers a whole wall, and random legendary pokemon figurines about my room, a Special Edition Diamond and Pearl Ds Lite, 3DS, DSi, and other DS Lites for playing Pokemon only. I own every single handheld pokemon title, and play on a daily basis. I won't stop playing because of my age.

I personally hate what the real world has become. So at the end of the day, I board myself up in my room and get lost in the deep mysterious world of pokemon. Pokemon is both light hearted and dark, from getting your first pokemon, to listening to trainers in the game talking about their beloved pokemon that passed away. There is a place for everyone in pokemon, for those who stay on the happy notes to those who enjoy the dark aspects of pokemon. It's for everyone and I personally enjoy every bit of it.

PKMN Trainer forever.

Spiritomb ^_^