Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Role Play Ľ Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:22 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: The Hunger Games [SU/DS]

Name: Caitlyn Walker

What District you're in: District Seven

Appearance: http://media.otakuzone.com/store/use...ae01caaa48.jpg

Personality: Caitlyn is a quiet girl who likes to keep to herself, and can mostly be found alone with a book. She doesn’t really like to socialize, but will speak with people if she needs to know something or if they speak with her first. Her personality isn’t the sweetest of them all, although beneath her rough exterior there is a nice girl buried somewhere. However, for the most part, Caitlyn doesn’t appear to be a very friendly girl, and is often cold and distant toward others. She doesn’t like crowds of people or a lot of noise, being the type who prefers silence and solitude. This is normally what triggers her irritability with other people.

Caitlyn is very easily annoyed, which only worsens her attitude toward other people. It has never been easy for her to make friends, but she refuses to admit any loneliness that she may have. Despite her harsh personality, Caitlyn does have a soft spot for people in need, and is always one of the first to rush to their aid if someone needs it. However, this is merely an automatic response to her, for she doesn’t trust anyone. It is very difficult to win her trust, and even more difficult to keep it afterward.

History: Caitlyn was born and raised in the seventh district. Her mother died shortly after she was born, and her father blamed her for his wife’s death. He treated Caitlyn horribly throughout her childhood, being both very strict and unfair. This caused Caitlyn to begin to develop her harsh personality toward other people. At first she still attempted to make friends at the local school she attended, but because of her withdrawn and defensive personality due to her father’s treatment, she could never manage to keep one. Even if she did befriend someone, her distrust in people would chase them away. Because of this, Caitlyn spent her childhood mostly alone, and turned to studying and reading books as a means to help her escape from her harsh reality.

Her father was a lumberjack as well as a carpenter, and brought in a decent amount of money by selling wood and the carvings he created. He was a respected man all throughout District Seven, but Caitlyn was nothing but a shadow. Her father never took her to work with him or bothered to try and teach her anything. It even seemed as though he were embarrassed of her existence. Had it not been for her going to school, the district probably would not even really know she existed.

Despite her father’s refusal to teach her anything, Caitlyn took an interest in his wooden carvings around the age of ten, and being the studious child she was, learned how to do it simply through reading. At first, she appeared to have no real talent for it at all, but as she grew older her skills became greater, and soon her own carvings were good enough to sell as well. To give herself a sense of worth among the uselessness that her father constantly threw at her, Caitlyn would go out and sell her carvings for money of her own. Even though they were not a poor family, Caitlyn’s father didn’t include her in much of anything, and aside from basic needs she never got anything she desired. Having her own money, even if it was just a little, was a luxury, and was something that she felt was completely her own.

Caitlyn never bothered to watch The Hunger Games on television, although her father enjoyed doing so. He didn’t support it, but in some twisted way, he still found entertainment in watching the children of the twelve districts murder each other. The entire thing sickened Caitlyn, and she wanted absolutely no part of it. For the past few years she has gotten lucky enough not to be picked for the Games, and with only two more years to go, she hopes that this same luck will continue to be on her side.

Other: Kei7137

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: The Hunger Games [SU/DS]

Name: Indigo Tsubaki

What District you're in: District 3

Appearance: Link

Indigo is Five feet, three inches tall and weighs a healthy 115 pounds (162 cm, 53 kg). She has pale skin, gray eyes, and black hair that is always messy.

She cares very little for appearances, and has deplorable fashion sense. Her choice in clothing is more focused on function than form, usually simple and practical. She never wears a sleeve on her left arm, and has ruined many shirts by tearing the left sleeve off before consenting to wear them.

Personality: Indigo is a mechanic. She has a compelling drive to understand the way things work. She is good at logical analysis, and likes to use it on practical concerns. Although she has strong powers of reasoning, sheís not interested in theories or concepts unless she sees a practical application. She takes things apart to see the way they work.

She tends to avoid making judgments based on personal values - she feels that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on facts. She is not very aware of how she is affecting others. She often does not even pay attention to her own feelings, distrusting or trying to ignore them because she has difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments.

Although she is usually patient, she is prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to her inattention to her own feelings.

Beneath her mask of logic and facts, however, lies a girl with a strong sense of moral values. She is loyal, and will always choose what she believes is right, even if it goes against the Ďsystemí. However, because of the distant first impression she gives, she has a hard time making friends.

History: At least two to three well typed paragraphs please.

Indigo has always been a bit absentminded. Everyone just let her alone because of who her father was. Her dad, Akira Tsubaki, is the head of the genetic research division responsible for engineering all the creatures used in the Hunger Games. Her mother, Mikoto, had been the leading pioneer in the robotics industry before her death in an industrial accident when Indigo was 13.

Indigo still remembers the day her mother died. She had been there, helping her mother with her latest project when an experimental cold-fusion battery had become unstable and exploded. The blast was contained by the cell designed to store the technology precisely because it was dangerous, however, the tremor from the explosion knocked a prototype mini-sub from its supports, and it fell on Indigo and her mother.

Indigo was nearly crushed beneath the machine, but her mother saved Indigoís life by pushing her away at the last instance, sacrificing her own life to save her daughter. In spite of her motherís sacrifice, Indigoís left arm was pinned beneath the submarine, and she lost a lot of blood before they could get her out of there and treat her.

In order to saver her life, her father, who was at the facility also, working on a joint project with her mother, installed their prototype biomechanical prosthetic technology to replace her left arm. The arm was designed to function as naturally as could be produced, with one major difference: It had the capability of producing and manipulating small electromagnetic fields. The purpose of the arm was to allow soldiers receiving replacement limbs the ability to scale sheer surfaces using magnetic pull instead of handholds.

Having only one hand with this ability, her arm isnít really much more useful than a regular arm except for when hanging in place. The only other abilities her arm grants her is the ability to temporarily disrupt machines, and the ability to throw things that are metal harder than she could with her physical strength alone by using magnetic propulsion. The magnetism is too imprecise to be useful for any delicate electrical work, so she almost never uses it.

After her motherís death, Indigo became vengeful of her former career choice to follow in her motherís footsteps, blaming her motherís death on her work. She started learning about her fatherís work, and found that she had a natural affinity for communicating with and controlling the creatures that her father created in his work.

As she made friends with the animals, she grew ever more distant from people in general. She rarely talks with anyone aside from her father, preferring to communicate electronically, or simply staring vacantly ahead without seeming to notice anything at all.

She has never really given the Hunger Games much thought. Though her fatherís work involves them, they have never really held much immediacy in her life and she has never had much interest in the games themselves.

RP sample: Shredded Sacred Bonds
This is the only recent role play Iíve been in; the link brings you to page 2, which is the first page Iíve posted on.

Other: Kei7137

Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [SU/DS] (SUs closed for now)

okay, everything is updated now.

@Kaioo: all four characters and accepted

@Phantasm.Angel: your one character is accepted and the other is still on reserved

@Brainiac: your character is accepted

@DarkAmethyst: your newest character is accepted

here is my last character SU

Name: Matt Wilson
What District you're in: Thirteen
Appearance: http://img.poptower.com/pic-36661/la...iron.jpg?d=600
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...ra-nova-16.jpg
http://content9.flixster.com/photo/1...480003_ori.jpg

Personality: Matt is very loyal to his family and any close friends he has, not caring who he would have to kill to protect them. He is defiant and stupidly brave, though Matt never gives in. Matt can unleash another side of him however, a side that convinces people he is not completely sane, as he becomes enraged and snaps at the smallest things. Determined to win, he does everything he can to achieve his goal. Matt is bloodthirsty and he does not care who he kills in the process, whose lives are spent, as long as he comes out alive. He will show however compassion and humanity when it comes to the people he cares deeply about.

Despite his deadly nature, Matt has a very seductive side as well when it comes to girls, using them for his own entertainment. Girls are simply attracted to him like flies on a light, which is one of the things he loves. Matt can pretty much get any girl he wants, though when he starts to get tired of her he pretty much dumps her aside and strikes the next pretty girl that crosses his path. Matt is definitely a womanizer, which is one of his favorite qualities about himself.

History: Matt grew up in a rather poor part of District Thirteen with only his father, Matt never meeting his mother due to her dying giving birth to Matt. He had almost lost his life as well, though he had survived. After the years had past Matt had gotten a part-time job after school to work in the factory at age eleven with his father, the factory producing nuclear weapons. When Matt was sixteen however he finally realized that he needed to work at the factory a lot more often then just part-time since him and his father were hardly getting by, Matt deciding to drop out of school and work full time.

On the two days Matt had off of work however he disciplined his body by doing harsh workouts, knowing that each year for the Reaping that his name could get called and wanted to be ready for the Games. Matt secretly trained with weights, all sorts of different weapons, researched how to survive in the wild with any weather climate and even went as far as to discipline his lungs by making himself stay underwater for at least three minutes. Matt had watched the Games on live television for as long as he could remember, hoping that we would never have to go through that. The only person who knows about Matt's secret training is his father, and even though his father is proud of his son, he hope as well that Matt will never have to enter the Games.

the SUs will be closed now except for the people who have been put on the reserved list. the reason why i closed the SUs with still available character spaces left is because we're going to need characters that we all can control for the arena, meaning that they would most likely die first before our characters. for anyone else who would like to join the rp however send me a private message and we'll talk about it. i would like to start the rp sometime next week, perhaps next Monday which allows everyone with characters on reserve to have exactly a week to get their characters finished

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 08-08-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Sorry for the double post, but since everyone has finished their SUs the rp is now opened! Also I edited my character Ashley's SU
Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

I profusely apologize for my general lack of everything since this RP has started. I have been out of town lately, and we left a bit more suddenly than I was prepared for, so I the time I anticipated using to post in the RP was not available. Expect me back sometime in the next 24 hours or so with stuff.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I profusely apologize for my general lack of everything since this RP has started. I have been out of town lately, and we left a bit more suddenly than I was prepared for, so I the time I anticipated using to post in the RP was not available. Expect me back sometime in the next 24 hours or so with stuff.
Okay that's no problem at all :)