Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Voice Acting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Free, for you guys! :D Tell me when you want it, and I will work on it. Filmscore, all the way!
Awesome! Thanks, TotS! :D Did you also want to do some VAing?

@k_pop: Hmm, yeah, I think we might be able to do some of the same sounds. We'll have to test it out first, I guess xD For right now, I think I might like to try to get the voice audio down ^^ Oh, and thanks! :D

Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Ok, so that sounded really cool, TotS.

But, I dunno if we could replace all the sound effects. Even in the dub, a lot of the sound comes from the original, right?

Sure, I guess I can do that. ^^
Yes, just as I won't be able to replicate the music that they made (I don't have live guitar players). What I can do, however, is attempt to make a more orchestral/electronic "remix" per se (no midi file is available, so this will all be completely original). The actual production, however, will remain a secret until I am finished (expect it sometime whenever). ;D Have a huge soundfont library. Choirs, Ensembles, Brass, etc.

But is this the direction you'd like me to go in, or should I try something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Awesome! Thanks, TotS! :D Did you also want to do some VAing?

@k_pop: Hmm, yeah, I think we might be able to do some of the same sounds. We'll have to test it out first, I guess xD For right now, I think I might like to try to get the voice audio down ^^ Oh, and thanks! :D
Sure, yeah. I'd love to. :D

By the way, are we to do all the "grunts", "moans", and other oddly placed sounds that they make when they simply move? xD

Oh, and when it comes to sound effects, I have plenty of whooshes, explosions, and other sound effects. Send the video with all the dubbed-in parts, and I will add that stuff.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 08-13-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Dude! Can I just say how totally awesome that sounds!? =O It needs some more harmonizing and a little percussion in some places, but that rocks!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Yes, just as I won't be able to replicate the music that they made (I don't have live guitar players). What I can do, however, is attempt to make a more orchestral/electronic "remix" per se (no midi file is available, so this will all be completely original). The actual production, however, will remain a secret until I am finished (expect it sometime whenever). ;D Have a huge soundfont library. Choirs, Ensembles, Brass, etc.

But is this the direction you'd like me to go in, or should I try something else?

Sure, yeah. I'd love to. :D

By the way, are we to do all the "grunts", "moans", and other oddly placed sounds that they make when they simply move? xD

Oh, and when it comes to sound effects, I have plenty of whooshes, explosions, and other sound effects. Send the video with all the dubbed-in parts, and I will add that stuff.

...Can I just say how amazing you are? :3 That was an awesome piece of music! I'm going to be listening to it over and over :D I think I'd like to see some themes reminiscent of Pokemon music within it--but I really like the light-hearted part you had their in the beginning. I think it'd go with the part where the protagonist is getting his first Pokemon. The tense part you got almost half-way in would be awesome for the part on the boat--as well as the creepy part in the park with Colress.

We could run over the specifics later--for right now, I think I'd like to get the voices done. I'm glad we got most of the female parts down, but we could really use some guys. Is there anybody else you think might be interested? Hey, you guys could do more than one voice if you'd like ^^

Oh, and for the grunts and whatnaught... I'll leave that up to you guys. You can do whatever you feel comfortable with ^^ Though I think I would like to have the Main Protagonist pant when he's chasing down the Shadow Triad--it really looks like he's been running hard, and I'd like to make that believable ^^

Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Umm...so did you decide who I'm doing? I might point Meg here since it's a small project, but other than that, I dunno about guy VAs, though I could prolly talk to a few guys I know and see if maybe I could get them to help, but they're not on here, and I dunno if they like Pokemon, though it's a shot if you want me to try.

And yeah, awesome music, Teddiursa.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-15-2012, 04:02 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Oh, um... I haven't really decided xD Unless we can get another female who isn't me I might have ya do both ^^ If not, I think I'm leaning more towards the Team Plasma grunt. Would you like to be a sly villain? ;D Oh, and that'd be awesome if you could ^^ We'll see if anybody around the forum would like to participate, and if not you can ask them :D

Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

XDDD I can record both and you can pick what you like better if we find someone else interested...that work? I guess we'll see, than. :)

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Hai hai!

I got Gmod recently and I really wanted to animate a short scene. So I decided to make a little script with Scy's The Path of Destiny characters, Stormblade and Spark, a scyther and jolteon, respectively. So for this, I need two males, preferably American, and it would make me a lot happier if you've read The Path of Destiny.

Preference: Stormblade is a mature, older pokemon than Spark. He's usually happy, but also responsible and a little solemn sometimes. So I would rather a deepish voice for him, but not too deep, and preferably not gravelly.

Spark is younger and more playful, and has a little bit of recklessness to him. He's fun but also a little scathing sometimes, and is usually somewhat hasty. I would think a playful voice with a lot of emotion would work. 8D

In the past, Stormblade was played by Shen, and Spark by HKim, and can be heard in this video: click.

Thanks, guys! 8D Keep in mind that I might go back to Shen/HKim for these voices.

Edit: Okay, got the script!
Spoiler:
Spark: What does a jolteon have to do to get some prey around here? They all ran off or something, I swear.

Stormblade: Prey may be scarce in these parts.

Spark: I couldn't find a thing all day. Did you?

Stormblade: No, I couldn't find anything either.

Spark, a little bit blaming: I bet they're scared of scyther.

Stormblade looks at him curiously
Spark: Well just look at you! You've got two scythes that could scare anything.

Stormblade, solemn and very slightly resentful: Even our trainer, it seems.

Spark, with a flash of anger: Don't bring Justin into this. *silence* You know, it's because of you that we're no longer with him.

Stormblade: I'm sorry you feel that way.

Stormblade flies away
Spark: *sigh* Oh great. Me and my big mouth.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 08-19-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 PM
NES2 Offline

Alright, I'm working on a tribute video project for the game Liberal Crime Squad, and I need voice actors to read out a few lines for it. There are few specific parts, and most will be just random voices, though there are a few specific parts I need and certain requirements. Hopefully that talented PE2K voice acting community will help me with this. If not, I'll have to scour Newgrounds, which will be MUCH more difficult.

Needs:

Voice Type: American. No imitations, sorry. This is about American politics, so the voices for the setting needs to be accurate.

Audio-Quality: Highest-def possible, minimal background noise. I don't have a quality recording device or studio to do some of the voices myself, which is why I need help.

Gender: Any. Liberal Crime Squad is an equal-opportunity setting at L+ women's rights.

Specific Roles: A police officer is needed for one part. Try to sound commanding and loud, since this part blares through a loud speaker.

I'll be taking applications through PMs, if anyone is interested and/or cares:

Format:

Username: (This is obvious.)
Self-Described Voice Type: (What do you think your voice sounds like?)
Specific Role?: (Do you want to play the role of the police?)
Voice Sample: (I need you to record the line "We are the Liberal Crime Squad!" as a sample.)
Comments: (Anything else you want to say?)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

So I was washing my hair and like every normal person I like to shout at myself in the mirror practicing different voices. One stuck out, maybe because it sounded so joyful and mad, I don't really know. Anyway, after my hair was washed I decided to write a little script for my new Psycho Jester character and two random fill-in characters. The Jester will be in Indigo, the gruff man will be in Red, and the other man will be in Green.

WARNING: LOWER YOUR VOLUME BEFORE PLAYING, I SHOUT IN THIS, AND I SHOUT LOUD. I did take a step back from my mic, but it was still loud for me.

Script:
Spoiler:

Backstory: two adventurers have stumbled into a desolate palace, seeking anything of value to bring back to their king. However, the Jester King, who now inhabits this old palace does not take kindly to intruders and has imprisoned them in a large cage.

Welcome children, to your new home! I know, itís not much, but Iím sure in time youíll come to love it! Look, you even have a friend to talk to! Canít say heíll talk back much, having a head is sort of a pre-requisite for speech! -Maniac laugh-

Youíre a sick clown, you know that?

I am no clown! Clowns are not funny! We jesters have a long heritage of humor.

Just let us go! Please!

Jest? Jest? Why of course Iíll jest for you! Itís part of my job description after all! -Maniac laugh-

Release us! Or Iíll stick my sword so far up your-

Oh you two are never leaving! This is my world, and you entered uninvited. That means youíre intruding and therefore subject to my punishments!

Please, we did not mean any harm. We are sorry for intruding. Let us leave and we will not allow anyone else to come into your realm.

Oh no no my dear child, your punishment must be severe! Iím thinking either death, or a firm slap on the wrists.

Why you! Come in this cage and say that!

Oh, if only you could see the looks on your faces. Youíd go stark raving mad. Fortunately though, itís too late for me, so Iíll be okay. -Maniac laugh-

-whispers to cell mate- Hey, we could probably break out of here if we-

Are you plotting an escape? Naughty children wonít get any dessert after supper you know.

So what do you intend to do to us?

Iím going to feed you of course. What kind of king would I be if I let my children starve?

I ainít eating any of your tainted food. Itíll make me go insane, like you.

Oh, release the shackles of societyís sanity! Let your mind tell you what to do. Unless, of course, you give poor advice. Then listen to me -Maniac laugh-

Why are you doing this?

I want a world where everybody is mad like me. Picture it, itíll be as beautiful as a rotting pig carcass! Majestic and graceful all at once! -Maniac laugh-

When I get out of here-

If you get out of here. If. But you wonít be leaving. No, no. It would be very rude to leave, especially when the host has offered you a meal.

Poison us all you want to, you sick fiend. Youíll never break us.

Well, if I break you Iíll just glue you back together. Worked wonders for me! -Maniac laugh- Oh deary me, youíll be mad within a day, if I have anything to say about it!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM

I loved it, Ant. You had me laughing so hard.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM
TrickyWolfyx Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to TrickyWolfyx

Almost finished with a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon trailer fan dub!

Oshawott- Graceful Suicune

Pikachu- Myself

I was able to put the sound effects and the score from the trailer in it. It's almost done! I just have to put a few more sound effects and get some new lines from Graceful Suicune.

http://s59.beta.photobucket.com/user...fe8e7.mp4.html

I'll put it on youtube whenever I figure out a way to avoid copyright claims x3

This video can go along with it. I've posted this before, but it was the origin of the dub xD Its pretty much me singing in the "pikachu" voice and I made the instrumental from scratch as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLExa...2K3aC2J4PTTE1s
Old 04-14-2013, 03:36 PM

Had some fun with an RP that I am partaking in. Jk, CM.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-14-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 PM

I refuse to apologize for the double post.

Oh, in addition to that little tidbit above...

I understand that most people love the Mystery Dungeons series. I particularly enjoy the series because it is very easy to get immersed in an actual story (sorry Pokemon BW & BW2, but feeble attempts at story don't cut it). Ahem... Anyway, you guys know the scene at Fogbound Lake? I loved the music there, so I convinced my non-Pokefan of a partner to assist me in creating a Downtempo remix of the soundtrack there. I recommend headphones or a subwoofer, because like all Downtempo, the bass is a sub. *Note, this track is not done and is subject to change.

Tell me what you think. Somebody should totally voice act that scene when I am done. :D

Track Info:
Title: Pokemon - Fogbound Lake (Sundans Downtempo Remix) WIP
BPM: 80
DAW: FL Studio 10
VSTs: Sytrus, 3xOsc, .Sfz2Player, Toxic Biohazard
Genre: Downtempo

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-17-2013 at 11:08 PM.