Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Forum War II Discussion/FAQ Thread

I second this, greatly. I would not like being in the reverse situation, and I do believe the Nature V. Technology theme from last year could be considered, but obviously reversed as per the groups this time around-Nomade, the GTS+ faction representing nature, and Miniera, the PE2K faction, representing technology. I think the Somnum should still be kept as a just-in-case Serebii suddenly gets interested and sends some RPers over, or another forum jumps in and says 'hey, we're interested!'

Savvy?

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 PM
NES2 Offline

I'm actually surprised that you guys favor keeping the Nomade, considering they don't have as many powers on the list. I actually saw Somnum v. Miniera being more opposed, as in industry vs. creativity. Still, if GTS+ wants to keep Nomade, I'm up for it.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Flynt Offline

Being the underdog is fun, and in my opinion the Nomade have great powers to counter you guys here on PE2K. We represent stealth and survivability, while you're more of a brute force approach. Compare the Fragile Speedster to the Mighty Glacier.

We are faster. We survive on less and we don't get lost as easy. We can adapt to any environment and manipulate our surroundings to our advantage.

You're stronger. Your weapons and ships are superior to ours. You can imbue your weapons with special powers, and form weapons from even the smallest tool.

The only thing I'd change is allow both parties to use gunpowder explosives, rather then limiting them to only your side, as, to me, that's the only thing that makes you seem better then us.

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

We're not excluding you. It's more or less the CREATION of explosives only Minierans are capable of, and henceforth, you'd have less supply than Minierans would and would have to get someone else to craft them for you. I think that's what he meant...Though, I'd assume that it would come a higher cost to you.

It's not forbidden from the Nomade side...Just harder to get, is what I'm assuming. If this wasn't the case, I'd make it the case now.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 AM
NES2 Offline

Actually, I'm going to make it fair about allowing both sides to use and create gunpowder firearms. Spreading that around as something that comes with the period just makes more sense in the environment. Again though, the Minieran weapons would be better, seeing as they have a better understanding of weaponry in general.

EDIT: Here we go, the sign-ups are now open! Get your SU in order so you don't miss out!

Last edited by NES2; 08-09-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
And yes, there will be rum.
Yay, rum!

Alright, I think I'll be getting a SU together. This looks interesting (and not because of the rum).
Before I get thinking about my primary weapon skill, I'm assuming that our ability to manipulate metal will of course depend on the amount of metal at our disposal. Like, it would be impossible to shift a hammer into a broadsword, correct? =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
And...I know you're refrencing Landon and ToJ. "A Pikachu giving itself dragon wings and ears, along with having a black shade as opposed to yellow." That's Landon's description, more or less. If only Shen were here.
I was totally thinking that, too. *nods*
Old 08-09-2012, 02:36 AM
NES2 Offline

Well, basic conservation of matter applies, so you can shape the metal, but you can't change its mass. So if you have something like a war-hammer that is large and weighty, you aren't easily turning that into a pair of daggers. A broadsword is sorta cutting it close, though I think it is reasonable enough depending on the size/weight of the war-hammer.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Hey, NES2, quick question. I included in the orgin story for the Skythunder Blades that the Noble bought TWO ships, but if that doesn't float your boat (pun completely intended), then I'll immediately edit that out and make it just one. Is having two ships a problem for you?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
NES2 Offline

I have absolutely no problems with a faction having two boats. Like I said, you don't even need one boat, it's just recommended as Kibou is an archipelago surrounded by water.

Most stuff regarding a faction is up to the faction itself. With the exception of the 3-member requirement, I don't have any rules regarding factions and how you organize them. Just keep it reasonable and you should be fine.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

So each person in a group plays one character? No multiple characters, basically, right?

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 PM
NES2 Offline

No, multiple characters are fine if you can manage them without reducing the quality of your posts. I'd say about two characters is a reasonable limit. They should all be a part of the privateer group you are a member of though.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Sounds good. I was just worried about a 3 man crew. Thank you!

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

So, NES2. Quick question, again. Does the Shapeshifter REQUIRE you to wear it, or can you take it off and preserve the new form?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:08 AM
NES2 Offline

You can shapeshift as you please, but when you shift it by default changes to suit the environment you are in. So if you want to bring in changes from another environment than the one you are currently in, you can do so, but you can't change your abilities lest you lose those adaptations.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, the announcement about the Forum War confused me. Originally, I thought the Pokemon of this world were Lurra. The announcement on the Forum War, however, said the WORLD was known as Lurra. Which is it?

Also, more detailed descriptions of the artifacts would be loved for the RP itself. Having a full understanding of the artifacts OOC means when our unwitting characters grab them, we can toy with their curiosities better.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 08-17-2012 at 02:53 PM.