Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
-Zodeon Offline

Default Favourite Dragon Line

Quote:
Dragons are among the most elusive and powerful of all Pokemon. They are notoriously difficult to train due to requiring more EXP points per level than most non-legendary Pokemon, and the fact they evolve much later and thus are in their weaker forms for longer. Many of the Legendary Pokemon are part Dragon Type
Over 5 Generations of Pokemon have passed, each bringing their own series of dragon Pokemon with them. There are many pros and cons for each of the dragon lines in the games, but once they are finally evolved, which one is your favourite in the following categories;?
  1. Asthetics (How the Pokemon Looks)
  2. Power (Both competitively and In-game)

What would you like to see in the future of dragon pokemon? (Possibly different typings, or finding them earlier in the game?)

As a reminder, here are the dragons I'm talking about:
Dragonite
Flygon
Salamence
Garchomp
Haxorus
Hydreigon

0989 7772 7033
Old 08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Favourite Dragon Line

i am not sure if flygon is worthy, but whatever.

salamence is my fave
Old 08-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

Deagonite is my favorite, because it's the classic dragon. I also raised one in my FireRed Nuzlocke and Lucy was the powerhouse of my team. Also, it can learn punching attacks, unlike SOME Dragons.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Dragonite. It's been in my original team since Gold. And Gold WAS my original team. XD
Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 PM
-Zodeon Offline

I'd say dragon as well, just because of how classic it is. I'm incredibly disappointed with the gen V dragons..

Haxorus has so much potential because fraxure looks soo cool, it should be way more bulky and less bug looking.

In the future I want to see a non legendary steel/dragon type.

0989 7772 7033
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Dragonite's my favourite as well. It's the only one I've actually raised and used in a team. I did use Flygon in Colosseum or XD but its movepool was pretty limited. I've always liked its design though.

I agree Haxorus could have been a lot cooler. I really like Fraxure and Axew, but Haxorus looks NOTHING like Fraxure. I didn't even know they were related at first. It reminds me of some bug thing too. Like a centipede or something: it kinda looks like a relative of Scolipede.

As for Garchomp, the whole land shark thing is pretty awesome, especially the way it moves in the anime, but aside from that, it's never really appealed to me.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Obliveon Offline

1. Aesthetics: Tie between Flygon and Haxorus
2. Power: Dragonite all the way. Especially for Pokemon Stadium. It's almost invincible and can learn Hyperbeam as well as moves specific to it's type, like Draco Meteor.