Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: [FW] Dawn of Discovery (SU)

Edited my SU a bit, as I've now joined up with the Skythunder Blades

EDIT: My second character:

Name: Jacob Weber
Pokemon: Galvantula
Faction: Pe2k
Privateer Group: Skythunder Blades

Character Description: Jacob is smaller than most, only two feet high. He is also much frailer. However, he wears metal plate armor on his abdomen and head. His legs aren't as protected, but his front mandible-legs have sharp spikes on the end, letting him jab into enemies with greater ease. Jacob is constantly shaking, just like his previous form, the Joltik. This was a direct result of the scarring of his entire family getting slaughtered, along with the abuse on the streets. The armor on him is awkward, as if it doesn't fit very well (in fact, it's quite comfortable) as he prefers his freedom. Another odd quirk to Jacob is that his main left eye is dimmer than the other, signifying that it isn't as strong as his main right eye.

History: Jacob was born as one of hundreds, a larger Joltik than his siblings. His parents, a male Ariados and a female Galvantula, decided to keep all 321 children at home, raising them all. More than half of Jacob's siblings died due to starvation and bad parenting, as arachnid Lurra leave their kids to fend for themselves. Jacob survived, but that was unlucky for him, as his parents forced the living children to eat the dead ones. This 'ritual' hadn't been done for eons, and in fact had been made illegal near the end of the great wars between the nations. Jacob was so disgusted when he ate his dead brothers and sisters he got sick. His older sister, another Joltik named Judie, took care of him, becoming so obsessed with caring for her brother (who kept getting sick after that horrible feast) she evolved a year later, the first of the children. Now a Galvantula, she was allowed to leave the house, becoming spoiled by her parents. However, she kept taking care of her younger brother, up until the massacre.

Judie and the rest of the family were outside shopping, half of the kids at home, the rest on the parent's backs. Suddenly a rogue squad from the army burst into the market, guns raised. They fired, and the parents and Judie were killed. The children scattered, some getting picked off. Jacob and the rest were abandoned, as no one knew they were home. Being helpless, they started dying off. But Jacob had become strong-willed due to his sicknesses, his body becoming more immune to illness, as so many bodies spread around germs. He managed to escape the household (which had been locked) and left his family for dead.

Jacob now lived on the streets, scrounging for what he could. No one expected him to live, as he was getting frailer. He was briefly adopted by a nice family of Leavanny, but when they're newborn baby was found dead, they blamed Jacob, putting him in court. He barely managed to get out innocent, but he was estranged from the Leavanny family. Once again on the streets, people now looked at him with disdain, as the Joltik's defense had been bribing the Leavanny family to let Jacob off easy, and everyone knew it.

In fact, it got so bad that one day a Scyther tried to kill the small Lurra. The Scyther was angry, and partially drunk, not right in the head. During the fight, Jacob evolved. He became a Joltik, unleashing a sudden thunderbolt to strike the Scyther, paralyzing him long enough for the newly-evolved Galvantula to escape, to the nearby plains.

Jacob suddenly found himself on the land of the great noble Abraham Ash, the Heatmor sparing him from trespassing. Instead, Jacob became Ash's personal servant, and for five years he served him, until one day Abraham decided to sail for Kibou. Jacob was assigned to prepare the ships. Jacob accidentally bought a ship from the Skythunder Blades, causing a dispute, until the Galvantula agreed for his master to accompany them.

So on to Kibou they went.

Weapons:
Jacob wears basic armor on his abdomen, and partly on his head. His legs aren't protected for speed, and his mandible/front legs have metal spikes on the end for stabbing.

Other:

Last edited by Sheepat; 08-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:29 PM
NES2 Offline

@Sheepat - I recognize your membership to the Skythunder Blades. I also both re-accept your current sign-up and accept the new one.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
EVO 2 Offline

Character Name: Luke Hersegoph
Pokemon: Gliscor
Faction: The Kingdom of Miniera - THE BLACKSMITHS
Privateer Group:The Skythunder Blades

Character Description:
Luke the Gliscor isn't like other Gliscor'. His body is dark green where as other Gliscor have a greyish-purple. He wears an eye patch around his left eye.
Another odd thing about Luke's appearance is that one of his pincers are bigger than the other.
He has shiny amber eyes which glisten the reflection of the sun when he is outside.

Character History: Luke was raised by Mr and Mrs Hersegoph, in an environment that was seen as snobbish or rich. When ever he speaks to anyone that isn't up to his liking or standards, he is senseless. Like a zombie. He hasn't ever once worked for anything in his life and is pampered by his parents.

In his early teenage years he was bought a care to sit in when his parents were angry with him. For him this was seen as a punishment which says a lot about how rich they actually are. To others this was an outrage, an insult to all of their kind and they wanted to insult them but they are not allowed to even look at them when they cross the road because of their status.

His parents owned a portion of Miniera he was the kid that was born into the happiest family in the kingdom, born into the biggest house in the kingdom and raised by the nicest parents in the whole kingdom.

Ever since he was born he has been an adventurous character, always wanting to find new things out. Some of Luke's interests are; talking to the dead, spiritually. He exercises his mind every morning by doing brain teaser exercises, has completed the rubix cube 15 times before in one day. You can call him the brains of the kingdom.

One morning he reads about Kibou on the paper and that they're looking for someone with a quit wit and brains and also likes adventure. He automatically knows this is the beginning of his professional life as a hired adventurer.

He meets with the people that are suppose to be the staff and they don't look into his eyes when he walks into the room.
"Gentlemen, no need to be afraid, I am not here to mock, I am here to join thee in your adventure."
They all are shocked and burst out in laughter.
They look at his face for the first time in their life and see that he is serious, they know that he has more than the brains that they were expecting to find in Miniera.

After a long question and answer interview, he was accepted and part of the privateer group The Skythunder Blades. He didn't care about the group as much but he had to play along as a team member if he wanted to venture out into the open with them, so he did.

Weapons: A mini slingshot which fire little metal fire balls after all his faction have mastered the art of fire.
He also carries an axe on his back.
Other:

Last edited by EVO 2; 08-12-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Dan Magnus Offline

Character Name: Vidar Omni Necro

Pokemon: Cranidos.

Faction: Nomade (GTS+)

Privateer Group: Global Mercenaries.

Character Description: Vidar looks like a normal Cranidos, but he is actually higher than most other who he met (almost 1.6 meters), slightly lighter than usually, and he has a scar on his back that goes through his usual clothes and ends at the tip of his tail. He wears an old black cape, with a symbol of his head drawn onto it which is up to his legs, a pair of black pants, which were roughly sewn together and with a few red spots on it, leaving a hole for his tail to stick out. As a Cranidos, the top of his head is very hard, enough to break almost any substance known with a good Head-butt. There is even a rumour that he can break diamonds, but it's never been proven.

Character History: History is one thing that haunts Vidar in his dreams, despite his claim of making himself part of history. He would do anything to forget about his wretched past, and almost killed himself at one point of time, only to realize that time is only an illusion, and he had so many things to go for.

It all began for him when he was born, he was cursed by a so called 'Necromancer', giving him the last name 'Necro'. When the necromancer left, Vidar was abandoned by his own people that raised him, and he was alone against the world, with the only thing left to him was a note with his Cranidos name, Omni Necro. Surely a baby Cranidos could survive in a world alone, right? That's what his own parents were told, and they believed it. Living alone in the world made Vidar realize that the world isn't nice, and overtime it was proven to be true when both his eyes saw a display, when he was only a child. He saw what happens after a hunter has hunted the prey, and with both eyes opened, he was treated as a threat when the hunter saw him. The hunter caught him easily, and instead of hunting him down he took him under his care.

Since then, he lived with the hunter at his own home, and was taken care by him to anything he needed. The hunter taught him how to hunt, taking him out to hunt his own prey, growing himself to be like the son he never had. When Vidar was very young, the hunter took him on a special hunt, but what he didn't realize that he was the prey, and the hunter was chasing after him. It wasn't long until the hunter found Vidar, and cut a scar on Vidar's flesh as a reminder of this failure. This was the moment when Vidar started disliking his own raiser.

When Vidar was old enough, according to the hunter, he knew the hunter's true name, but the hunter threatened him of telling it to anyone. The hunter was killed on that same day, and he took on his identity, his name, and both the hunter's famed swords. Now known as Vidar Omni Necro, he began searching for a way to take on the hunter's identity. He discovered something about a group of mercenaries that are famed for their ways and their alliance with the hunter. He left the hunter's hideout to rot, and rushed forwards to find and join the Global Mercenaries. He never regretted this decision, as he is now a full time member, and is glad to be part of this team.

Weapons: Two sharp razor blades with ancient inscription on both of them. He also considers his own head as a weapon and a shield, he knows that with it he can go head-on to enemies without weapons. He then realized it was just a metaphor, and ignored the word play, even though people thought it to be funny.

Other: He carries around a note written by one of his people in the village, which says his name as 'Omni Necro'.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM
NES2 Offline

@EVO 2 - Alright, I'm having just a few problems with this sign-up regarding organization and the like. You meet the minimum requirements lengthwise, but you need to clean up your sign-up and make it neater and easier to read, as well as making a few corrections. I'll go over them, and show you where you can make improvements. I've left quite a bit of reading here, but I think you should at least browse through it and take note of what I pointed out. You should also ask your teammates to proof-read some of your stuff and help you out. I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.

First off, you need to work on placing relevant information where it needs to be. You tend to interrupt paragraphs with information that is irrelevant to the previous sentence without transition. An example:

Quote:
Luke was raised by Mr and Mrs Hersegoph, in an environment that was seen as snobbish or rich. When ever he speaks to anyone that isn't up to his liking or standards, he is senseless. Like a zombie. He hasn't ever once worked for anything in his life and is pampered by his parents.
Right in the middle of the paragraph you start describing his personality instead of his lifestyle. The paragraph should be rearranged to look more like this.

Quote:
Luke was born to a well-endowed pair of nobles, Mr. and Mrs. Hersegoph. Members of the Minieran nobility, the Hersegophs lived off a massive sum of money that had been in the family for ages. With access to near-unlimited riches, Luke was given whatever he desired. As such, Luke was brought up in a snobbish environment that bred in him a disdain for anything less than the gold standard. He came to view people of the lower class as unworthy of his time and attention, and often spoke down to others who were "beneath him" in a dull monotone.
I did quite a bit of touching up there, but the premise remains the same: He was a filthy rich brat raised without a personality. Order related information together and use transitions when changing subjects, and you've fixed most of this sign-up already.

As you saw above, descriptive words and phrase help too. You can definitely improve the quality of your sign-up by changing around the words that you use. Case in point, I'll use this passage:

Quote:
His parents owned a portion of Miniera he was the kid that was born into the happiest family in the kingdom, born into the biggest house in the kingdom and raised by the nicest parents in the whole kingdom.
Words like happy, big, and nice are bad descriptors, and don't add enough vibrancy to a passage. As such, they make reading the paragraph uninteresting. By simply replacing these words with synonyms, you can improve the paragraph immensely:

Quote:
Luke's parents owned large swaths of land, which increased their already immense wealth. As a result, Luke lived in one of the most kind and pleasant households in the kingdom, free from worry or need. His family resided in a large and spacious abode that quickly became Luke's favorite place to play.
Those things above are the main problems, and once you deal with both of them, you'll be in the clear. For now, you'll recieve a Denied status, but I'll be glad to look things over when you finish making the changes I've laid out. Again, you should look to your fellow RPers if you need further advice. I'm almost done here, but there are two more minor things I should cover:

Quote:
He exercises his mind every morning by doing brain teaser exercises, has completed the rubix cube 15 times before in one day. You can call him the brains of the kingdom.
That's an anachronism, pal. Rubix Cubes should not exist in this time period, let alone this dimension. It has to go, but feel free to find another puzzle that fits the period. Complex riddles, perhaps? Also,

Quote:
A mini slingshot which fire little metal fire balls after all his faction have mastered the art of fire.
Just because your faction has fire powers doesn't mean they can light metal on fire for a sustained period of time. You should either leave that weapon out, or adjust it so it makes sense. Maybe they can be small pieces of coal that you light with your powers? You'll have to work that one out.

@Dan Magnus - Sorry about that wall of text. It'll be interesting to watch your Cranidos interacts with the other crew mates, considering his past. Accepted.

I'll get started on my sign-up as well. I've been putting off for a while now, so I best get on it.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:23 PM
NES2 Offline

Character Name: Juan Rivera

Pokemon: Charmeleon

Faction: Miniera (PE2K)

Character Description: Juan possesses a standard build for a Charmeleon, and is dressed in light attire at allows for greater mobility. His tail flame burns a bright orange, and is hotter than the flames of other Charmeleon. It occasionally burns red when he is angry, an odd trait that is a defining characteristic in his family. He wears a red cotton beret on his head, and protects his body with chain-mail over a white shirt. On his left arm is a small scar he obtained in a battle between the Minieran army and a group of Nomade separatists who lived in a region Miniera had gained control of in previous wars. his arquebus is carried strapped to his back, and his sword in a hilt on his left side. A bag held on the other side of his waist contains all his other belongings.

Character History: Juan was the first born of a noble couple Diego and Lola Rivera, both Charizards, who quickly produced two more children a few years later. These younger brothers, Guillermo and Carlos, came to be Juan's best friends in early childhood. Naturally, they were in awe of their older brother, who quickly became someone they looked up to.

Being the first born wasn't exactly a blessing though. The Rivera family had a long standing tradition of heroism in Miniera, and it is said that every first born in the family has passed into legend. Each had wielded the family blade, Valentía, and passed it on from generation to generation. Many of Juan's ancestors had been great military leaders, and even his father Diego Rivera had been a man of great renown, fighting for the Minieran crown during a internal conflict. A lone noble whose territory rested near Nomade borders had fought to establish his own kingdom, and when word reached the king of this traitorous rebellion, he had sent his armies to destroy him. Leading the king's massive force, Diego returned months later unscathed from the siege of the rebellious province. Diego was later given the noble's former title and holdings.

Wishing to see his son follow in his footsteps, Juan began at a young age to learn the ways of Minieran knighthood. His brothers also began preparations for their own perceived lifestyles, Guillermo for the inheritance of his father's noble status, and Carlos to become a scholar. While his brothers were to go into simple, quiet livelihoods, it was Juan's destiny that he follow in his forefather's footsteps. Naturally, this put him under substantial pressure, raised to live up to the enormous reputation of the Rivera family.

Juan was trained to wield the weaponry of the knights of old by his father, and prepared to wield the family sword in his own quest. Juan soon found himself to be more adept at the use of gunpowder weaponry however when he learned the basic use of the arquebus, and wishing to not push anything else on his son, Diego allowed Juan to use the arquebus as his primary arm as long as he carried the family sword with him as well. At the age of 16 he evolved into a Charmeleon, and that day he was first allowed to hold in his hand Valentía, the family blade.

At the ripe young age of 18, Juan was set out into the world to find his own adventure. Armed with his gun and sword, Juan decided to head out in search of adventure. In his first two years, he was involved in minor mercenary work, during which he obtained his scar. At the beginning of his third year away from home, he left to a port town in order to seek out opportunity. There he first heard of the discovery of Kibou, the riches that it possessed, and the conflict over control of the island. Juan decided immediately that his journey began in this new land, and that he would seek out his own glory there. After inquiring with members of the local nobility, Juan found himself the leader of a Minieran expedition authorized by the royalty itself. Put in charge of a ship and crew, Juan was tasked with enforcing Minieran claims to Kibou and driving out those who didn't respect it. Thus did Juan set out from this port, hoping to forge his own legacy.

Weapons: Juan is adept enough at the use of various weapons, but has a few staples that he tends to favor in combat. He prefers ranged weapons, and wields in particular a large arquebus he is extremely adept at using. He also carries his family sword, Valentía. The broadsword sees little use though, and is more of a good luck charm to Juan than anything he would practically use.

Other: If you so please, read every post regarding this character in a Spanish accent.

Last edited by NES2; 08-18-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

PE2K, WHOO!

Character Name: He is dubbed Nniuq Shamroucq.
Pokemon: *Holds back from singing* Snivy.
Faction: Miniera

Character Description: Nniuq is unique. He is 2 feet taller than most Snivy, hailing at 4'00". He is normally seen wearing a green leather jacket that has a shamrock stitched in white on the right side. (Seen as left) His, um..."hair" is slightly pointed at the back of his head, but it is barely noticeable. On his left arm there is a patch where it is shiny, as in different color shiny, the bluish-green shiny. It has been there since he was around 10 and stayed there since. Any other remarkable differences would be that he has one of those scars that "tough" guys in stories/RP's like this would have. The mark was on his face has been there since he was born.

Character History: When Nniuq was 5, he was abandoned by his parents. The abandoning wasn't out of hatred, competition, or greed. In fact, it was because they loved him. They couldn't afford to keep him, seeing as they were very poor. He was adopted by a local blacksmith named Udo that was near where he used to live. Every year after he got adopted, he would go visit his family, to see how they were doing and to see if he could give them anything that he could at the moment. When he was 9, both his mom and dad became deathly ill. There was no way that either Udo or anyone could do to help, since they needed a medical doctor, but couldn't afford it. One year later, when Nniuq became 10, his mother died. His dad got killed by a thug, who was trying to rob them, but didn't know they didn't have much. In return, the thug killed the remaining parent. The thug also managed to make a deep slash through Nniuq's left arm, needing amputation or, again, surgery. Nniuq was wandering the streets when he met a shiny Serperior who was a nurse. The Serperior helped Nniuq by patching up his left arm. The patch was the same color of the Serperior, and stayed that way for days to come.

17 years later and Nniuq becomes an official blacksmith, though he mainly makes guns, especially his own two. He went to find the thug who killed his own father. Nniuq has been nonsuccessive in his search for the thug. Though, while searching, he learned that the thug's name is Triad. When Nniuq is not looking for Triad, he hangs out at the local bar. There, Nniuq usually gets some aged rum and goes back to the blacksmith shop he works at with his dad. It was also at that same bar that he learned about the quest to Kibou and the team that was representing Miniera, the Skythunder Blades. At that moment, Nniuq knew that he could instantly help his adopted father with his money troubles.

Weapons: Nniuq is a pistol-slinger wielding two pistols that he first made. It is slightly crude, but impressive for first pistols. If needed, he can make a dagger or two from any resources that's available. Of course, excluding water and any other non-solid elements like fire. Depending on what they're made from, the less crude they are. Such as, if he made two daggers from dirt, they would be sturdy, but not too great as if he used rock.

Other: Um...I'm not too great at this stuff and I hope this at least decent. If not, I'm sorry.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 08-16-2012, 04:28 PM
NES2 Offline

@Metal Gear Snivy - Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAKKEEEE!!!

That was incredibly stupid. Lame joke aside, your sign-up looks decent enough. Just a note though: I will allow the pistols, but just remember that these are very early pistols, not some of the modern weaponry we have today, and must adhere to the rules regarding time period. Accepted.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Finished.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
@Metal Gear Snivy - Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAKKEEEE!!!

That was incredibly stupid. Lame joke aside, your sign-up looks decent enough. Just a note though: I will allow the pistols, but just remember that these are very early pistols, not some of the modern weaponry we have today, and must adhere to the rules regarding time period. Accepted.
I read the first post, NES. I was talking about the early pistols, for I knew that they had at least that back then. Also, I got your joke. xD

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:00 AM
NES2 Offline

@narphoenix - Accepted.

I've also completed my own sign-up, which means this will probably start tomorrow. Prepare yourselves!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Whoo, faction within a faction...Thing. I'll expand on this later.

Character Name: Ru'ella Odora
Pokemon: Aggron
Faction: Miniera (More specifically the Church of Groudon)

Character Description: The typical Aggron, although she's noticeable taller than most, the normal Aggron being around 6'11" whereas she comes in at 6'15", and weighing around 810 pounds. Her horns are also different, having been too small to be effective they were replaced with titanium near the base, held in place by ornate golden brackets. Speaking of her steel hide, however, it is a ruby red compared to the grey of her species. This results from eating a diet high in Ganlon Berries. She also possesses amber eyes, which are also a trait of this peculiar subspecies of Aggron.

Character History: (Describe your character's backstory. There is a two-paragraph minimum of information required.)

Weapons: (If your Pokemon wields weapons, list them here. Descriptions are purely optional here.)

Other: (Anything else you would like to say about your character goes here.)

Character Name: Tankou Metug
Pokemon: Durant
Faction: Miniera (More specifically the Church of Groudon)

Character Description: (Describe your character's physical attributes. Pictures are optional, but a paragraph of descriptive information is required.)

Character History: (Describe your character's backstory. There is a two-paragraph minimum of information required.)

Weapons: (If your Pokemon wields weapons, list them here. Descriptions are purely optional here.)

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 08-21-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Character Name: Selena Celeste Velrona Pelereuse Mondove, though most call her 'Sel'
Pokemon: Serperior
Faction: GTS+
Privateer Group: Global Mercenaries
Character Description: Sel wears a silver circlet upon her brow, signifying her upper class heritage. When she seeks to travel discreetly, she uses the circlet to hold a up a black mask that covers her face and shades her eyes. Around her neck lies a beautifully Minerian crafted necklace of silver, with a large emerald, though the gemstone usually remains hidden past her leaves. She wears varying colour cloaks, tailored to fasten around the first four feet of her body optionally, and drapes over her tail like a cape. At any given time there are two to four knife straps, though the one constant is a handsome dark rapier scabbard strapped to her back.
Character History: Selene was born to a rich lord and lady in Nomade, her mother a beautiful Serperior named Celestia, her father a powerful Cacturne named Velron Mondove. She was to be the younger of a pair, though the childbirth went wrong and Sel's sister died within a night. The grievous parents found it a blessing that Selene even survived, causing them to be extremely meticulous and over protective of their daughter. They named their newborn Selene, after her grandmother, and Pelereuse, the name they intended for her dead twin.

Sel was raised in a luxurious environment and was spoiled rotten in her youth. Her father worked as a diplomat for Nomade, which often caused him to be away. He often brought home craft from Mineria, such as jewelry, weaponry, and armour. His absences left Sel feeling distant from her father, carrying the negative feelings into her later years subconsciously as a hidden sense of abandonment. She learned to be independent, which frustrated her mother and filled her with worry.

At the age of sixteen, Selene evolved, and with her newfound power she became ever more troublesome for her parents. Velron returned home once to find her demanding heavily for extravagances. He grew angry and sent her to an orphanage called Arbeiten die Seele, sentencing her to a year of work there to learn the value of work and money. Selene cried for days before her departure, begging to be released from her punishment. Celestia promised to return for her the moment the year ended, giving her her family emerald necklace to signify her promise. Sel wore the gem for the rest of her life, though she kept it hidden in public.

Her initial view of the orphanage was contempt and shock. Though seeing how poor life was for the lower class horrified her, she remained firm in her demands for luxury, until she met a certain boy.

He was a handsome nuzleaf named Renado. Sel had angered the counselor after snottily refusing that day's food, calling it manure. She was told to work in the stable and clean up the Tauros poop, 'to learn what real droppings were like'. Renado watched her work from the nearby stall, laughing as she slipped and fell face first. In a rage, Selene threw a wad of the muck at him. The experience ended with them covered in the repulsive poop, both of them laughing at each other. Though sentenced to another day's work for dirtying the entire stable, they became the best of friends. Selene gave him her name, and Renado returned the favor. Selene dubbed him 'Renee', having misheard him. In turn Renee called her Sel.

Sel spent the rest of the year learning from Renee. He taught her how to survive on the streets, how to make a quick escape, and how to stay under the radar. She told him what it was like to live in a small castle, and told him the very stories her mother had once told her of far away lands where everything was perfect. He marveled at the idea, though he didn't believe it was as perfect as it sounded. Sel enjoyed telling him stories when she felt she was forgetting home. As the end of her punishment drew near, she made him a promise that they would return to Sel's home together.

War broke out among the nations. Sel waited for her mother and father to return and take her away, yet they failed to come. She grew heartbroken, believing they had left her for good. The war continued to ravage the land, and news of atrocities came from everywhere. The orphanage sent the youngest away, fearing the war would soon strike them. Renee and Sel remained among the few eldest, but soon even they were to be deported to a safer location.

Renee overheard the plans for them. He and Sel were to be placed in different locations far away from each other. He woke Sel in the night, demanding they run away together. She agreed, but she made him promise they would visit her home first. He reluctantly complied, and they left before dawn.

Using Renee's street smarts, they skirted the worst of the war and made their way to Velron's home. What awaited them was the aftermath of a massacre. The once proud structure lay in ruins, with dozens of bodies. Sel searched the rubble for her parents, though they were not to be found. Renee came upon a note, written in Minerian. Sel translated it as best she could, understanding enough to know her father had been taken for ransom and her mother was sent to the mines to work. Selene wept for them, with only Renado to comfort her.

She took from the rubble a Minerian blade, knives, and a mask that Velron had once bought for his wife. From the remains of the guard's armory she took a pistol, She swore to avenge them, setting out to find those who had taken them. For many years she traveled with Renee, learning to fight with a gun and sword.The war ended too soon for her, however, and she learned from rumor that her mother had died of grief. Her anger swelled, and she became violent in a bar when a drunk Minerian Feraligatr told a tale of a mighty victory against a Cacturne. Thinking the defeated Pokemon her father, Sel challenged the Minerian veteran to a duel. They crossed blades viciously. After several hours, the Minerian used his water abilities to nearly drown Sel. She fell unconscious in the end.

Renee ran to Sel's side, reviving her with mouth to mouth. As she woke, her strengthened and passionate love for Renado threw her into evolution, causing the Feraligatr to pause and watch. Selene drew her gun as the glow faded, holding it with her tail and aiming at the Feraligatr. Renado feared her vengeful state and knew her intentions. He leapt in front of the Feraligatr as the gun fired. The blast hit Renee directly in the shoulder. The Feraligatr, spared of what surely would have been death, fled. Sel rushed to Renee, sobbing as she cradled him with her tail. Renee whispered his last words to her, but by dawn he was dead. Selene buried him nearby, using her new powers to grow a rose bush over his grave.

Newly aware of the consequences for her rage, she decided to travel. She recalled a privateer group her father had mentioned once when she was a child and remembered her stories with Renee of a perfect land. Her fear initially made her fearful of exploration. Thinking of Renee, she left to search the new lands in his memory, knowing he would have wanted her to. She hunted down the Global Mercenaries and signed on to the crew, quickly learning the ropes and becoming a skilled sailor.

Weapons: Selene weilds a sharp rapier with a steel blade and a decorated handle fit for her tail. She keeps throwing knives for long range attacks, though she knows full well how to weild a gun. She simply avoids the firearms due to her trouble with weilding them and her sad memories attatched to them.
Other: Due to her fight with the Feraligatr, Selene is terrified of water, though she doesn't let it interfere with her work.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Rufa Offline

((I am so pissed right now. I spent the last three hours working on this profile, only to have my account sign itself out when I clicked the 'post' button! Shitsticks! Well its like one a clock in the morning now, so this one will have to be shorter..))

Character Name: Annelise Chanceler
Pokemon: Crobat
Faction: Nomade
Privateer Group: Global Mercenaries
Character Description: There is very little about Annelise that truly make her stand out from her fellow Crobat, as she wasn't born with any of the individual features that some pokemon seem to possess. There is some scar tissue in her upper left wing - though it doesn't seem to bother her flight - and she carry a small rucksack, carrying some berries, a pen and paper, and a knife for sharpening the pen. The bag is made by simple rawhide.

Character History: Annelise hatched as a creature to which there was no light, and to which sight was a thing she could never have imagined in her wildest imagination. Completely accustomed to a life in total darkness, like all Zubat she relied upon her echolocation for her 'sight' - she knew nothing else, and it worked perfectly for the cause of survival. She had hatched into a nomadic colony of Zubat and Golbat. They moved in the wilderness, being able to rely upon untouched nature for whatever needs they had for themselves. They went on, never stopping anywhere for more than a week, and encountered few creatures more than once. They were safe during the night - few things could threaten their numbers, and consequentially, few ever dared to try.

However, one day a rogue Braviary tore into the vegetation where the bat family were sleeping throughout the day. It was hungry and probably desperate, looking for an easy meal among the small and defenseless Zubat. Unfortunately for the Braviary, the Zubats weren't defenseless though - Golbat in dozens and dozens poured upon the predatory bird, furious to have been attacked in such a cowardly way. But though the battle was swift and the Braviary quickly defeated, the Razor winds it had unleashed found many a target among the cluster of meek bats. Annelise, among others, had her wing torn and ripped and her ability to fly severely hindered.

She was carried to safety later that night. A few of the members had scouted out a town where the locals had seemed to be friendly - they had agreed to care for the injuries for as long as was needed, as the bat population lacked such skill almost entirely. The days and nights that followed were incredibly dull for Annelise. Though she had been promised that her wing would heal just fine, she wasn't allowed to move until it did. To help her kill time, a Chancey was kind enough to reed aloud for her from a childrens story books whenever she found the opportunity. Annelise was immediately enthralled by these fascinating things called 'books' - blind as she was, she was unable to detect the little signs that had been written down upon the pages. Imagine to be able to see words - it was a thought that had never before occurred to the young girl.

Once she was able to leave and return to her colony, she did so with a new goal in mind - she was to evolve and gain her Golbat eyes! She was unable to even fathom the mysteries behind books, and it infuriated her to no end that she couldn't see them. She took her opportunities whenever she could find them. She participated in mock battles whenever she got the opportunity. She challenged herself to fly faster, to become stronger, and when the rest of the nomadic tribe were traveling at normal speed, Annelise flew laps around them. Her diligence eventually payed off, and she became a Golbat a year later, then at the age of fifteen. She had gained her eyes at last, and before her was a world that she could never have fathomed. The colors and the distance and the views, it all seemed to mock the inadequacy of her echolocation.

She spent the next few months simply getting accustomed to her new sense. But having accomplished what she had wanted to do, a new pull became present within her mind. She eventually decided to follow her wants for adventure, and bid her farewells to friends and family once they passed a town that looked like a nice place to stay.
For the next few months, Annalise worked the night shifts at the local Pelipper post office, saving up the money she needed for tutoring, and studying everything she could in the sparse time between shifts and necessary sleep. She never quite learned to read Unknown fluently - though she can do it given some time - however she proved to have a head for reading and she mastered the footprint alphabet with relative ease for someone priorly alphabetical. Thrhree years after she had initially settled, Annalise had become a Crobat and was harboring yet another dream. She wanted to become a writer of fiction.

However, the times weren't the best. Her town was located far into the Nomad mainland, and had been spared from the worst of the war for this reason. But money was scarce as it usually is during turbulent times, and few people could spend it on things such as books, when one needed to make a living. She was a fairly good writer, though - she managed to make a living by writing a serial for the local newspaper, and it kept her afloat.
But she wasn't writing what she truly wanted to write about. While her storied had so far been about the consequences of war which she had seen so much of in her traveling days, Annelise truly wanted to write about adventures. She wanted to write stories like those that the friendly Chancey had read to her out loud when she was a little Zubat, and once again she found herself helplessly lost to the grasps of a dream.

She sold her home and set out into the world in search for.. something. Inspiration, perhaps. An idea, a story to fall directly into her waiting wings. She found only death and warfare, however, which opened her eyes to the state that her home nation truly was in. She'd occasionally stumble upon ruins, the remains of rotting massacres that had been left after enemy raids. Sometimes, there's be survivors. Usually, there were none there, and the bodies had been left to rot, unburied, robbed, thrashed and thorn by the forces that had killed them. Annalise loathed it. She often thought of how her family was doing, but with no way of contacting them she had to let the thought go.

The land that she saw beneath her wasn't the place where she had grown up. Smokes and fires rose from the ruins, and nowhere truly felt safe anymore. She hated it, hated, hated, hated it. For the months that followed, Annalise learned to fight. It wasn't the mock battles that she had practiced as a child, but struggles where only one side would make it out alive. She lucked out a few times. Before she got into the routine. Annalise had never been a meek individual, and by now she had decided that it was time to leave her homeland. Luck was on the side of the young Crobat as she stumbled upon a mercenary crew in one of the harbor towns. They were looking for members who were going to cross the sea into the new land that awaited them on the other side. It suited the bat pokemon just perfectly, and the ship sailed not many days there after.

Weapons: Annalise have no additional weapons aside from the powers that she was born with. She owns a knife, sure, but it's more useful for sharpening pens with than anything that could do any actual damage in her tiny little paws.

Last edited by Rufa; 08-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Silvar Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Silvar

Character Name: Silver McLockhart

Pokemon: Grovyle

Faction: The Kingdom of Nomade - The Explorers (Global Trade Station Plus)

Privateer Group: Team Charge(GTS+)

Character Description: Silver is quite a bit different than the average Grovyle. Her reptillian Grovyle skin is slightly lighter and more grey than the average, giving it an almost silvery appearance, thus her namesake. Despite this, she's a bit thinner than the average as well, though this just gives her a more lean appearance, nothing too drastic.

The leaf blades on her arms are slightly longer and sharper than the norm, giving the effect of dagger-blades. The leaves on her body, as well as her stomach, are a slightly darker gray than the rest of her body, making her look like she's almost made of a metallic substance. Quite the opposite however, she's prone to being easily injured and is quite commonly found with more than a few bandages around her body.

Bright, icy blue eyes are often found glaring out from the depths of her face, usually directed at a comment Zorva had made. The leafy protrusion sprouting from the top of her head is a bit thinner than what it should be, although this is almost unnoticeable unless closely examined.

Commonly found is a boiled wool cloak draped across her back, hood pulled over her head. Usually, she doesn't have the hood up around he teammates, but in certain conditions, she enjoys the general reclusive nature of having most of her face hidden. Because she's a Nomande, she usually doesn't use the cloak for weather purposes, as she can adapt quickly enough, but it never hurts.

Another thing usually found on her person is the quiver and bow slung across her right shoulder. Usually within reach for emergencies, as she's very paranoid about fighting and the like. An Everstone on a leather string is tied in a pouch around her neck. Often enough, it's mistaken for something of much more value than an Everstone, however, because of the way she treats it.

Character History: Silver was born a Nomande, and is quite prepared to die a Nomande. Usually, she's very quiet about her past, not usually mentioning it in everyday talk. Of course, she was born as a Treecko, as green as any other. Over time, however, she gradually grew a bit lighter and more gray in coloration, until she is the light silver that she is now. Normally, this wouldn't cause a problem in her daily life, as the Nomande were prone to doing whatever they could to survive, and some adaptations were a little more bizarre than most.

She realized that she could stop growing lighter by staying at her current stage of evolution, so she gained an Everstone to keep her from doing so. Naturally, she still isn't sure why she is her color that she is now, but is quite positive it's only her color, as many a Grovyle has come and past her in strength, agility, and the like. That's not to say she isn't agile or quick, quite the contrary.

She dislikes how much she tends to stick out, however, thus the reason she wears a cloak. That, and because she generally dislikes talking face-to-face, because she has issues dealing with Pokémon she's never met before. After a good deal of talking, she has the tendency to bring the hood down abruptly and open up, slightly, like a clam revealing its pearl. Generally, this pearl is the slight narcissistic attitude problem she displays at times.*

For quite a while after her first evolution, Silver made her way as an everyday petty thief, her quick-mindedness and lithe speed a key component in a mass array of successful swipes of Apples and Seeds. It wasn't unusual for her to be caught every so often when she first started, but Silver managed to get better as she went on with it. She never tried to steal from the same place twice, and considering she kept constantly on the move, that wasn't too difficult.*

That's not to say there wasn't any consequences, no. Even with the adaptations and survivalist skills of the Nomande, Silver still had a bit of trouble getting enough, every now and then. Mostly around winter, as crops were scarce around that time and Pokémon generally wizened up about keeping an eye on their goods. But she managed to get by with plenty, as it was almost difficult to starve when you were a Nomande.

At around the equivalent age of 16 or 17, Silver began getting into a bit on the darker side of things, choosing to get a bit deeper into crime activities than the normal Pokémon. Working as a kind-of assassin or mercenary, Silver was a bit prone to more deadly means of income. Her archery skills and stealth made her efficient, but the guilt after completing a job or kill was just a smidgeon too much for her. The jobs were slightly tougher, and after months of working, Silver decided that she really couldn't live with the criminal life, petty thievery or assassinations or anything.

Turning her back on her past, Silver quickly turned to adventuring as a means of release, her thirst for excitement making her fairly good at it. Traveling for so long gave her a decent layout of the land where she grew up in, and coupled with her naturally excellent instincts, she realized she could go practically anywhere in her region.*

When she first heard of Mibou, Silver was skeptical about ever entering such a place. But the Grovyle couldn't deny that she had a thirst for the place, a longing to explore every inch of it and uncover the treasures as her own. But she needed a team, a trustworthy group that she could be loyal to and could explore with. Mibou demanded her attention, but it was simply impossible without a team. And so she set out looking for Pokémon.

Eventually, Silver met up with one of her current teammates, a Riolu known as Zorva. Cautious at first, the Riolu soon grew on her as a reliable trustworthy teammate(if a bit of a nuisance at times), and Silver quickly decided that they couldn't wait to go to Mibou. Together, in what felt like a century and a day, they managed to stockpile enough money for a shoddy boat for the journey. Shortly after purchasing the boat, however, another Pokémon joined their group, a Ninetails by the name of Victoria(Tori, for short). And so for Mibou they set off.

She never liked thinking of herself as a leader of sorts, actually leaving most(if not all) leaderlike duties to Zorva. Even so, she likes to do much of the talking and even more of the walking when she can. Overall, though, most navigation, planning, and the like she likes to entrust with her Riolu partner or Victoria. Even though sometimes their interests do happen to conflict pretty badly.

Weapons: She has a bow and quiver slung across her lizardlike back, reserved for long-range and nothing else. Up-close, her leafy blades do the talking, although she does prefer to use long-range whenever it's possible. The arrows lackadaisically arranged in her quiver are tipped with obsidian, black shafts, and are ended with black feathers at the tips. Needless to say, she doesn't want to give her position away with rainbow arrows sticking out every which way.

As for the bow itself, it's made out of the same wood as the arrow shafts, maintaining the stealthy, all-black approach. The quiver is made out of leather, as no Pokémon that she knows as an ally could work a metal one, and she claims that leather is lighter and more comfortable anyway. She's practically clueless about using anything else besides her bow and arm-leaf blades, and doesn't seek out any other weapons.

Not fond of swords or daggers, Silver would definitely rather shoot a bow from long distance than get in up close, painting her as a coward of sorts when it comes to fighting, especially in groups. That being said, she'd actually much rather fight than talk, as she's naturally untrustworthy of anyone besides her teammates, who she's loyal to until the very end.

Other: Wow that history was really half-assed, dwi.

Last edited by Silvar; 08-19-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Making it neater~ ;3