Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Flynt Offline

Default [FW] Global Mercenaries (GTS+)

Right, since we're down to the wire here and no groups have been formed, I suppose I'll take charge of things for GTS+. Members representing GTS+ that wish to participate in a group for the Forum War can sign on here, or make their own group if they wish.

As NES2 stated in his announcement thread, while we still represent GTS+, our first and primary concern is our fellow group members. We will have our own goal, which we will work out here as the RP begins and gets going. Our characters will likely move in a group to more easily facilitate this, but that probably won't be mandated.

We'll need three people, including myself, to be officially recognized. If we reach this goal, we'll be in the RP, and we will continue to accept members.

Current Members:
- Flynt
- Dragonwish2
- Almost Easy
- Dan Magnus
- Rufa
- Kamaitachi

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.

Last edited by Flynt; 08-30-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Update.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Default Re: [FW] Global Mercenaries (GTS+)

Sign me up, please. I'd love to role-play in this group, and that's totally not because it's the only group so far for GTS+. You seem to be an experienced role-player who I'm eager to learn from.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Flynt Offline

You flatter me. I've added your name to the group. Let's hope we can get another member.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Almost Easy Offline

I'm in as well.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Flynt Offline

Added. As that's three, I'll be sending a message to NES2, so he's aware.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:35 AM
NES2 Offline

Alrighty then, I got the message and Global Mercenaries is recognized as the first official Forum War group. Congrats!

Also, glad to see you return Flynt. Hopefully we can get as much of GTS+ in on this as possible. Keep spreading the word!

Last edited by NES2; 08-04-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Flynt Offline

With a plot posted, it's time that the three of us decided on a goal.

As of this post, we remain the only official group. Representing GTS+ gives us a number of advantages when it comes to survival and exploration, but we are lacking in offensive capabilities beyond environment manipulation.

Thus, in my personal opinion, being Privateers won't do us much good, as we're out powered and simply out gunned by PE2K's faction. Our powers seem best suited to setting up citadels and strongholds, settlements that give our faction a foothold on the new continent. Personally, this sounds boring, and with natives and PE2K loyalists running around, it may be best to stick to our nomadic nature and keep on the move. Again, in my opinion.

What seriously interests me is the seven artifacts. Holding even one of them would put us on even ground with a PE2K group of similar size. Imagine what we could achieve with all seven? Thus, my idea is to do just that. Of course, it will not be easy, we must move quickly, and deal with any native threat we find along the way. While we know the locations of the artifacts out of character, our characters will need to search out and find them based on rumors and luck. There is, of course, a second option, which I'll explore below.

I suggest with start with the Compass of Truth. Find Zerua, acquire the Compass, and the other artifacts will all but fall into our laps. Located on the tallest mountain, Zerua won't be hard to locate. The trouble will be getting there, but that's where our abilities will shine through. We'll reach the city, capture the Compass, and escape. Hopefully our abilities will allow us to deal with the natives.

Using the Compass we can find the other six locations. I suggest we start with Ura, and capture the Voice of the Seas. This will cut down travel time by always moving the winds and currents in our favor, and we can also use it to slow our enemies who are also attempting to capture the artifacts.

From Ura, we go to Zilarrezko and capture the Bottomless Bag. With that, any worries for food, water, fuel, and other supplies disappears. Thus, the few detours we did have to take to acquire resources are gone, and our travel time is again slashed. From there, it opens up. From Zilarrezko I suggest we go to Baso, if only to make sure the Staff of Healing doesn't fall into PE2K's hands.

From Baso, we continue counterclockwise to Armadurak and then Iruzur. Then, with all six artifacts in our possession, we can take Zigilua. Thus, we'll have all seven artifacts and Zigilua, the Forbidden Citadel under our control, and establish a neigh impenetrable base in the new continent and a huge amount of power for our faction. Or ourselves, should we choose to break away and keep the seven and the citadel.

Our biggest worry with this plan, of course, is being too late, and not reaching the artifacts before a group from PE2K does. This is why I suggested finding the Compass, Voice, and Bag first, as it will allow us to move quickly between places. Above all else we must secure the Compass of Truth, which is why it is the first I suggest we go after. Without the Compass, we might as well not be searching at all.

Of course, that's just my idea. We aren't doing anything without all three of us being in agreement. Do you guys have any ideas?

--

Also, I've taken some liberties with the group in my sign up sheet since neither of you have gotten back to me yet. Be sure to read that as well, though I've tried to keep it as fair and balanced as possible.

Last edited by Flynt; 08-09-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Currently, I'm in total agreement with your plan. It's definitely best to grab anything that might make PE2K's groups equal to us, those being the Bag, the Compass, and the Voice. I also agree that PE2K has some vast advantages to start, which makes it further mandatory to gather the seven relics. I'll muse over any possiblilties, but for now, I'll get to work on a character sheet.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Flynt Offline

Cool, glad my plan made sense!

On a less drastic note, we will need to decide on a ship, and give her a name. After all, this is the age of exploration!

Personally, I'd suggest a Fluyt. While they're lightly armed, only carrying 12-15 cannons, they're designed to facilitate easy transoceanic deliveries with maximum cargo space and crew efficiency. They also have large masts, allowing for greater speed then the average galleon of the time. What do you guys think?

As for a name, you guys can either throw suggestions around, or I'll think of something to throw at the two of you.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

I don't know very much of ships, but judging by what I managed to research on fluyts, it seems like an apt ship for our strengths. As for a name, I can try to think of some. Red Dragon, the Victoria, Forscher's Spirit, the Rising Sun, Pearl, the Royal Lady, etc. I'm all ears for anything though.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dragonwish2; 08-10-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Flynt Offline

I do like the Red Dragon or Red Dragoon, as well as the Rising Sun.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Dan Magnus Offline

I'm in too. The second group wasn't such a good idea, seeing nobody joined.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hello! I hope you enjoy your time here, and you enjoy the role play. I love the thought you guys are putting into it ^^

...This is such a short message. Curses. Conversation starter, uh...Cake. It's not a lie, I swear. >.>'

Anyhow, this was your friendly neighborhood Spiderman Grassy_Aggron checking in to say hi, and good night. (It's nearly 4 in the bleedin' morning X'D Why do I stay up so late...?)

Good luck guys! <3
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Flynt Offline

Right then, you're in.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Dan Magnus Offline

Thanks, and I hope you don't mind that my character has a ship too, smaller of-course. Red Dragon is a good name, but my character's ship will probably Red Hunter, or something like that.