Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Short Story of the Bi-Week #1 (THEME: APOLOGIES)

*We need a banner to go here. I'd appreciate it if one of our graphic artists could whip up one for me. Just send me a PM. :3*

Welcome to Short Story of the Bi-Week (SSotBW)! If you feel a spurt of writer's block, want to get those creative juices flowing or merely wish to try something different, this is the contest to be in! Every two weeks a new theme will be posted; it is your job to come up with the most entertaining, inspiring or thought provoking story as possible!

Story Requirements:
Theme: Apologies
Minimum Word Count: 500
Maximum Word Count: N/A

Theme Hints:
This week's theme is the concept of 'apologies'. Your story must contain an element of forgiveness as it's plot focus. Has a character made a faux pas that they long to correct? Do they go out of their way to make it up to somebody? Perhaps nothing is wrong, or the character is not let off so lightly. It's down to you! Try to be as original and creative as possible.

Rules:
  • Please follow all forum rules.
  • You are to stick to the contest's given theme as best as possible. Entries that are deemed irrelevant may be omitted from the final voting.
  • Entries can be about Pokemon or anything you like! It's up to you!
  • The entry of pre-written or stolen stories is forbidden, and will result in harsh consequences.
  • Entries must be at least 500 words long. Remember to include a word count somewhere in your entry!

This contest shall last from time of posting until the 23rd of August 2012, 12 AM GMT. Voting shall commence from the 24th of August 2012 until the 31st of August 2012.

Good luck!

Last edited by Etymology; 08-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Default Re: Short Story of the Bi-Week #1 (THEME: APOLOGIES)

I'm extending this another 2 weeks due to there being no entries. C'mon guys, I know there are some talented writers out there; WAR has proven that.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

...No offense, but WAR killed a few of those writers. XD

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Haha, such is the cost of WAR, but I'm really glad you extended the deadline. I am working on something for this, but I want to focus on my entry for the Keldeo theme ^^

Old 08-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
...No offense, but WAR killed a few of those writers. XD
I don't understand what you just said nor understand why such a statement would offend me. :B Why does WAR kill writers? *Oblivious* Was the judging harsh, or have the writer's tired out? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Haha, such is the cost of WAR, but I'm really glad you extended the deadline. I am working on something for this, but I want to focus on my entry for the Keldeo theme ^^
Well, the only other thing I could do would be to post up another theme, but that seemed pointless when we had a perfectly good one right here. :v Great, I looked forward to your entries! :)

I've also revoked the rule about forbidding discussion in the contest thread; it was unnecessary and these posts highlighted that. :P

If needs be I'll contribute to these competitions if activity is poor, but that won't be until I get a new computer.

Last edited by Etymology; 08-09-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etymology View Post
I don't understand what you just said nor understand why such a statement would offend me. :B Why does WAR kill writers? *Oblivious* Was the judging harsh, or have the writer's tired out? :P
I'd go with the latter here - a lot of people put hard effort into their submissions and they most likely feel like they're brain-dead because of it. Although, WAR ending has left me wanting to do more themes, so I plan on submitting something here! xP

But yeah, expect me to post something. I currently don't have the time, but I'll try to get something done.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etymology View Post
WAR seemed to tire a lot of the writers I know out. I know personally, as fun as it was, I'm so sick of writing for deadlines right now it isn't funny. Having to worry about getting my entry done in any amount of time and wondering how good it would be really bothered me, and I (along with at least of other of the WAR writers) have a chaptered fanfiction I'd like to get back to working on that's been neglected for most of my summer and school to get ready for. It's nice just being able to not have to crank out a story based on a theme within a time limit anymore, though, provided I can get my brain to work out more details, I might get something up for this.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Driving along 31st street one would find a block composed of little family owned stores. Nestled in the mix is a Maria's Flower Shop. Beautiful flowers press against the frosty stained windows. The shop has been there for many years and the old windows giveaway just how old the place is. Joe paces outside the store nervously, he is not sure what to do. He knows that flowers make women smile but he only has tv shows to go off of. As he grabs the cold steel handle of the door, he feels nervous. He thinks to himself, "what if she doesn't like these, what if she hates flowers, what if this isn't enough." The ideas cloud his mind. He carefully looks through the flowers trying to find something bright that says im sorry but I care. Can flowers do that he thinks to himself. When he finally has the flowers picked out, he grabs a little note card. He uses the tiny scrap of paper to pour his heart out. He tells her she is all that matters, he tells her he will be better, he tells he hopes that she can forgive him. The inks gets blurry as he presses the pen down harder. He carefully folds the note and puts it in his pocket. He jumps in his car and drives over to her house. He is scared he is going to look stupid as he walks up to her door with the flowers in his head. He rings the door bell and she comes out. A breath smirk from her and he knows that she has already forgiven him and they sit together on her porch. Nothing else matters. The End

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

You guys ave some really neat stories! O: Keep it up! Great job with this thread, Eti. :3
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Man, I suddenly got a new job and it's been keeping me super busy! I might not make the deadline, but I'm hoping to post the story on this board anyway. I just want to say, however, that I think this contest is an awesome idea, and I hope that we can stick with it! :) I hope ya stay with it, Eti! Thanks for doing this! :)

Btw, make sure it's 500 words, Judge ;)

Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

I'm afraid the deadline has passed, and rules and rules. Dredd, your entry lacked the required number of words for participation; it reached around almost 300; you need 500 for entry. A lot of people seem to be getting this wrong, so I'll make it clear in the next thread. Since we have no entries, I am once again extending this contest a further two weeks. Dredd, feel free to extend your entry.

Good luck! I'm probably going to enter this round so that activity can pick up.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

I'm not sure if you want us to actually post the story in here (like people have been doing for some reason) or just post a link. I think I'll just do the latter--er, since my story is, like, 3 posts long xD BUT if you want me to do it the other way, I'll do that too ^^ Just let me know! :D

Anyway, here's that story I spent forever trying to get written. Not too sure if I'm completely satisfied, but I'm just happy to have finally gotten a short story done xD

Entry Title: Grace
Author: Charmander009
Link: Click!