Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Aqua on action replay

Action replay, two words that cause a lot of fuss 2 words that even cost me my position as a moderator. Action replay for some odd reason seems to stir a lot of emotions with people, especially people who don't have it, who often see it as down right cheating full stop! Yes action replay can give a massive advantage to peopl with out one, but it's this same advantage why action replay isn't such the big bad cheating thing people make it out to be.

But before I go into this lets talk about action replay a little for those who don't fully understand what it is. Action reply is a cheat device not gonna lie that what it's called, it's a small cartiage for any ds console that allows one ti manipulate a game throught he use of codes, for example you can can infinite health or money ect. you just type in or copy and paste the code in your computer file and then transfer it via the cable to the action replay, bellow is the kit you get with an action replay.

Now your probably wondering wow, how can anyone think thats not cheating and quite frankly thats understandible you are bypassing the normal laws of the game to get something quickly but here lies the whole presmise of action replay for responsible action replay users. Lets use pokemon as example, breeding takes time getting the right ivs eve training takes up a huge amount of time normally and with action replay you can fast hatch eggs insert ivs and addd in eves in the blink of an eye, but in the end you have done nothing you could not have done with out action replay, what you have achieved is saving time for something that was perfectly possible in the first place, action replay should not be would wonder tombs or illegal hacks it should merly be a way to save time better spent on other activities, a lot of thing's in gamming take a lot of time and if you don't have that time action replay. We should not see action replay as a form of cheating we should accept it as the tool it is for speeding up the process of our gamming adventures, so long as you stick with in the boundaries of whats possible ingame then there is no real reason to fear action reply or consider it cheating and at the end of the day tools are meant to be used for the greater good and here action replay will help you save time which you might not have otherwise.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Re: Aqua on action replay

I somewhat understand and respect your opinion.

However, it IS hacking when a player uses Wonder Guard on Spiritomb or 252 EVs in all stats, which is why personally I believe Action Replays should be took off the market.

You don't need to be dedicated at all, I EV trained over 120 pokemon (using smogon strategies as a referral for battle strategies) over a time lapse of 14 months (I did rage quit for three months) I was in school, played for my local football team which practice just took a chunk out of our lives completely and on top of that, I had several other personal things to take care of, I would NEVER be home.

This is also illegal in certain places, and should be treated as if a ROM post and be locked and the OP should receive some sort of warning/infraction.

Last edited by Machampion; 07-27-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Okay, yes, this all makes sense. However, using the AR in instances that ban it is not ethical in any situation. You will get in trouble. The reason you had lost your modship is because you did it without remorse in a place that stated it was banned and you would be severely punished if it was used. EVs/IVs were pointless there anyways. In competitive battling however, using the AR might be a fast, simple way to train your Pokemon if you do not over do it. Again though, in competitive battling, in most instances, it is banned. Period. There is no way around it without consequence. If the rules do not ban the use of the AR, and your opponents agree to it, then by all means go for it. Your mistake for one was telling on yourself. We all had reason to believe you had hacked Pokemon in the league anyways. This doesn't mean you should have used it, it just means even if you did, admitting to it was not the smartest idea. I do not mean to come across as using it was okay by any means. Two, using it was banned anyways. You shouldn't have used it at all. No one else (to our current knowledge) did. I did use the Action Replay to hack Pokemon and breed them for my League team. However, I confronted Sarah about this and she said that it was fine, since you can't really pass down "hacked genes". I did not hack any stats, Pokemon, or any other matter for my WFL team. I released the parents after the bred egg was finished. I also used the AR to change genders if I pleased. This did not alter the Pokemon's stats or it's ability to participate in battle in any way what-so-ever. Using the AR for those purposes in the WFL would be the only acceptable cases in my book. Because of using the AR, you are banned from the WFL, WAR XI Wi-Fi Battling, and a few other cases. I admit I have a Wonder Tomb. Though, I do not use it in battles outside the Subway Station at all. I only used it to get BP. I did not use it on any kind of Wi-FI battle, or Infrared Connection battle. Yes, using the AR in Smogon maybe acceptable. But in PE2K, if the rules state otherwise, then please, do not use the AR. You must understand this before further actions cause you to get in worse trouble.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I'd also like to point out it really isn't fair to get perfect IVs on a Pokemon when the only way you can really do that in the actual game is by sheer, insane luck. It's hard enough getting two perfect IVs while keeping the right nature ^^'

It's just not fair that way :/

And, yeah, I agree on what Ty said. AR are fine if used for getting more money or stuff to properly EV train a Pokemon, but modifying a Pokemon to be perfect or have abilities and such they wouldn't is...Bleh.

And I agree with Machampion. I EV train just for the heck of it, really. I like creating unconventional teams that'll never see the light of day because I have no Wi-Fi XD
Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

While I agree with what your saying TE, its not a necessarily true for the battling center. WFL League being the exception. The term Legal Hacks is used from pokemon created with the AR device. These pokemon have been used on this forum for years at least as far as clan wars and tournies go. What we consider against the rules are pokemon created with stats that are illegal or not possible. Those hacked pokemon would a person kicked out of a clan and possibly a temp ban. Nintendo events considers all AR created pokemon illegal, but forum battles and clans have always had a relationship with the device as long as it wasnt mis used.
Now I agree that creating perfect IV/EV pokemon for the WFL was wrong because it defeats the whole purpose and gives someone an unfair advantage, but I would never give someone an infraction for using a legal hack in a war or clan battle. Its just to common and their are sav'd pokemon all over the place. If you ever traded for a shiny pokemon chances are thats hacked.

There is a way to get perfect IVs without the using the AR called RNG abuse. A person who learns how to do this can create perfect pokemon that are untouched by AR. just something to think about.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I actually did not know that legal hacked Pokemon were approved here. However, the WFL was the main problem I was trying to get across. And that you can't use ARs everywhere, no matter how convenient you think they are.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I actually did not know that legal hacked Pokemon were approved here. However, the WFL was the main problem I was trying to get across. And that you can't use ARs everywhere, no matter how convenient you think they are.
The Battling Center is kinda of its own world. Legal Hacks have been allowed there for five years. Since long before I started. Its how one uses the AR that makes it right or wrong.

Not allowing Sav'd Pokemon in the WFL makes perfect sense. The one thing that might cause people to do it, is a lack of a certain pokemon..I would suggest a pokemon shop in the wfl, somewhere people can go to get pokemon.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 AM
~Blast Burn

Ha ha, I wasn't active 5 years ago. I sent my time in the trading Section. I only have two posts from my old account. D:

There is a shop! But you can't buy EVERY Pokemon there.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Ha ha, I wasn't active 5 years ago. I sent my time in the trading Section. I only have two posts from my old account. D:

There is a shop! But you can't buy EVERY Pokemon there.
well there you go, im sure people would be willing to trade someone if that is allowed. My point being, that might be a possible reason someone my use the ar just so they can get a pokemon that is open for them to use.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
There is a way to get perfect IVs without the using the AR called RNG abuse. A person who learns how to do this can create perfect pokemon that are untouched by AR. just something to think about.
I've heard about that, and how tedious it is. Frankly, I'll stick with getting two perfect IVs on my Pokemon, thank you XD
Old 07-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
I've heard about that, and how tedious it is. Frankly, I'll stick with getting two perfect IVs on my Pokemon, thank you XD
RNG abuse is the major difference between competitive battling and casual battling.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:05 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
RNG abuse is the major difference between competitive battling and casual battling.
I'm typically a casual battler. Hence why I was so into the WFL. Point blank, I suck at competitive battling. XD
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

AR is not the death of fair battling its simply used as a tool to help people with little to no time keep up. The competitive battlers who want to compete in Nintendo events learn to RNG. Each competitive battler has their own style some us perfect IV dittos, others breed for days and days to get slightly decent IVs, those who have the patients learn rng, others learn the coding and sav.

I can openly say I have AR but I have never sav'd a pokemon...The coding goes right over my head. I have used AR to clone but thats it.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 AM
~Blast Burn

I just breed the Pokemon and take it. I'm not particular about IVs. I'm just particular about gender. :P
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
AR is not the death of fair battling its simply used as a tool to help people with little to no time keep up. The competitive battlers who want to compete in Nintendo events learn to RNG. Each competitive battler has their own style some us perfect IV dittos, others breed for days and days to get slightly decent IVs, those who have the patients learn rng, others learn the coding and sav.

I can openly say I have AR but I have never sav'd a pokemon...The coding goes right over my head. I have used AR to clone but thats it.
Me, except I aim for "superior" according to the judge with one perfect IV, two if I can :)

Lol XD RNG, well, I'd try it if I knew how. Just to see how the beast ticks, and if it's really worth that amount of time.

But yeah, AR, eh, it's fine for getting items or switching an ability perhaps, but meh. Not keen on perfect IVs.