Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- Week 4 Theme Announced (Week 3 Being Judged)

Username: It's not Sabi...
Team: GUN
Entry: Let me Tell you a Story...
Entry Link: T'is here
Symbolism/Other theme's:
Spoiler:
This is a monologue of my persona, speaking to you about her childhood life. Her parents had a whole forbidden love thing going on just incase that wasn't clear, and it all starts with her the moment she was born. I aim to make you feel what she felt and cry...
Old 07-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- Week 4 Theme Announced (Week 3 Being Judged)

Thought I would join the party.

Username: I am Brainiac
Team: Team Obscurity
Entry: Broken Smile
Entry Link: Here it is.
Symbolism/Other theme's:
Spoiler:
This is based on a nightmare I had once. It was an emotional occurrence taking place at a time in my life when I was feeling a lot of stuff. Since the theme is Emotional Impact, I thought it fit pretty well.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

lol sneaking in last minute xDD This wasn't written specifically for the prompt but it does show me being emotional and stuff XD

Username; Enkaku_Kumori
Team Name; Eggman Empire
Entry Title; Just Me and My Voices
Entry Link; http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...14#post3403414
Symbolism/Other Themes;
Spoiler:
Er, the duality of being a writer? idk.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Username: Grassy_Aggron
Team: Guardian Units of Nations
Entry: Snow Petals
Link: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow~
Symbolism:
Spoiler:
Just a love story, really. Snow causes them to fall in love, and in his final few minutes it begins to snow - the cycle coming fully around. Rikka's favorite flowers were roses - the white one blooming next to Skye after 50+ years was to symbolize her (she's white) and the fact it bloomed after all that time showed her undying love for him (roses are symbolic with love). It wasn't dead.

Darrell kissing his father on the forehead was an act of finality. He had never done that, and with his father passing away, it was closure for both parties.

Also, the vow they made was to live to 100. Skye died on his hundredth birthday. He kept his promise T^T

Oh, and the entire flashback as well as Skye's speech there are no contractions or abbreviations. Skye does not do that :D (This does not account for "Jim's piano" or stuff like that. Possession.

Also, Skye was named after his pelt color, his last name Silvart is a fusion of "Silver" and "Heart" (Gold + Heart didn't sound as good). Rikka was named, I believe, by GallantlyGlaceon years ago, and Labatt is "Lab"and "Rat", albeit a corruption of it.

Darrell means "open", which fits because he is very open about how he feels and his mind. Just like daddy :)

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 07-22-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- Week 4 Being Judged

Username: k_pop
Team: G.U.N.
Entry: Trapped
Link: click here
Symbolism: Warmth can come from many places. Even surprising ones.

I think I'm late, but I'm really hoping not. I had to try because I worked so hard on this. >.< I hate getting pulled in twenty directions... -_-

Last edited by k_pop; 07-22-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Sorry I didn't get an entry this week, but I'm wondering... I totally understand if ya been totally busy with RL stuff, Star. That totally bites that your computer's been acting up. I'm wondering if--since we haven't had this week's theme up yet, could we get an extension on the deadline? It is the last week, after all ^^ (and this has been so much fun! :D)

Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Sight isn't on, don't know when she will be, so...

This weeks theme is Free Writing! Yep. You get to write whatever you want, given it fits Pe2k's rules XD So yes! Go nuts! :)

As for an extension, probably not...^^' But this should be an easier theme to fit, so you won't have any problem I don't think ;D
Old 07-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- (Week 5 Theme Announced) Week 4 Being Judged

~WEEK 4 JUDGING~

Since Sight is not available, I have been asked to judge Week 4. Here are the results! I may also be judging for Week 5. I also just write a small summary of what I thought of each sentence since I'm not the official judge.

Enaku_Kumori - Story really went well with the title and theme. No errors as far as I could tell, but however, I am not a grammar nazi. XD The story progressed really well with emotion and passion. I also really liked this story. It was somewhat dark, but seemeed to be written with passion.

Recommendation: Provide more detail of characters. Maybe even add a brief background. ;D

Winter - This story was actually somewhat heartwarming. Seth and Riika seemed to be very good friends; like those on a real adventure. The emotions and actions represented by the characters were very realistic. The story really had me sucked in from the start! I saw no errors, but again, not a grammar nazi. This one was really passionate about her work, and it really showed.

Recommendation: Add some more basic details about your characters. :)

Saraibre Ryu - Wow, just wow. This author's story was painted well in the art of Creative Writing. You could tell Saraibre wrote about something she was really passionate about; Dragons. Her sotry flowed awesomely, and you knew exactly what she meant. No errors, flowed well, just wow!

Recommendation: None! I really enjoyed it!

Brainiac - A great story! It's title led up at the end. I saw no errors and the sotry was well maintained. Nice work! You really had a nice story, and it was a pleasure to read.

Recommendation: All I can say is provide more detail. :)

Grassy_Aggron - I really felt something in this story. I had almost burst in tears along with the main character. The story progressed well with a heartbreaking line and ending. There were no errors to my concern and this story progressed well all through-out. This story was the one that really sucked me in. I couldn't stop reading from the start.

Recommendation: STOP CRUSHING HEARTS. ;~; </3

RESULTS:

1st Place(3 Points): Grassy_Aggron
2nd Place(2 Points): Saraibre Ryu
3rd Place(1 Point): Winter

EDIT: DUE TO ALASKAPIDOVE BEING SKIPPED, THE EXTRA POINT THAT HAS BEEN SAVED WILL BE AWARDED TO HER.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-27-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
This weeks theme is Free Writing! Yep. You get to write whatever you want, given it fits Pe2k's rules XD So yes! Go nuts! :)
Yupthis. Let me add in a dramatic monologue.

This week's theme is FREE WRITING!
Here it is! All this time you've been prompted to a topic, and now it's time to be a big kid and write something on your own! cx Doesn't matter what you write... just make it good!

Let's also give a big thanks to the freaking awesome Tyhplosion Explosion for judging, especially on such short notice.

I apologize for my insufferable father throwing a temper tantrum and grounding me. I was about 1/3rd of the way through judging when he decided that I'd been spending too much time on the computer and neglecting other things and would yell at me some more for it and kick me off for a good three days. I apologize for the inconvenience. :/

I've been told that Sabi may be this week's judge? Can someone clear this up for me? I'm fine with it, since I'm not sure if I'll have the time, but I'm just making sure.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- (Week 5 Theme Announced) Week 4 Judged

Username: Sealboy
Team: The Eggman Empire
Entry: Killing the Innocent
Link: Clicky
Symbolism:
Spoiler:
This is supposed to be a "what if" about if the Earth was a living, aware being that retaliates to us. Humankind has been polluting the Earth for so long now, and in this it's close to death. It's supposed to indicate the transition between the lush green of the past to the barren fields of the future. The innocent may be predicted as the narrator, but they are just to symbolise the guilty of mankind. The innocent is, in fact, the Earth due to the fact that it's harboured us and done no wrong. The narrator is supposed to be anonymous - it's to suggest that it could be anyone who contributes to the planet's downfall. Yeah... 'nuff said, and this bit here was rushed xD Enjoy.

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 07-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: [WAR XI] Creative Writing Section -- (Week 5 Theme Announced) Week 4 Judged

Username: Sabi...you should just look up there...
Entry: Chant of Twilight
Link to Entry: Here

Symbolism:

Spoiler:

This is a song inspired by the fact that the light and the dark are not as black and white as it seems, and is actually from my KH fanfiction idea. It's the story of how a being and her guardian begin the venture of helping others understand that the darkness is not as evil or bad as it seems.

And to answer your question Sight, yes I am judging unless for some reason I can't, then it's Grassy who's my back up. I'm posting this just in case.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Username: My name is Charles... and I'm a heartbreaker Charmander009
Team: Eggman Empire
Entry: Breakeven
Link to Entry: Click!

Symbolism:
I think you can guess who italicized "him" is. But... Um... I can't think of anything else to say here ^^' Enjoy? (oh, and listen to that video link I posted at the end. It inspired this whole story xD)

Old 07-29-2012, 03:56 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Username: k_pop
Entry: The Wandering Forest
Link to Entry: it's here

By the site clock I have 5 minutes left. YAY!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:03 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Username: Winter
Team: Eggman Empire
Entry: Waltz for the Moon
Link to Entry: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...06#post3405006
Symbolism:
Spoiler:
...Where to begin here... Well, while the piece does feature waltzing, its name was taken from a song that plays to a scene in Final Fantasy VIII which inspired this piece since I've been playing waaay too much Theatrhythm. In the scene this song play to, the main character, Squall, is forced to dance with a girl who refuses to take no for answer at a party. His dancing starts off horribly, and ends pretty decently.

It's mentioned by Looker in Black and White that N and his dragon were seen in a distant region, this idea ended up landing him and his Zekrom (I played Black) in Sinnoh, where Sophia ended up at some point... I imagine here being 17 or so here...and yes, this is the five year-old from Goodbyes Are Hard, just older.

Fun fact: N's full name is Natural Harmonia Gropius...see why he didn't want to share it with Sophia now?

Another fun fact: N is said to stand in at about 5' 11", Sophia's about 5' 8".

While I don't know much about N's or your previous hero's roles in B/W 2, I can certainly see him eventually seeking out the protagonist of Black/White and apologizing... Coincidentally, I went with the female protagonist here because that was the gender of my player character. XD

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

So the final week has closed for WAR...

I'll begin grading them later today. If we're lucky and my attention doesn't waver, I should be able to get them done as well. At latest I hope to have them Monday~

Good luck to everyone! I'll try to be easy on you... >:3