Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital
Default Pokemon Best Wishes Thread

Pokemon Best Wishes Thread

This is a thread where you can find all the information about the Pokemon Best Wishes Dubbed Saga. Here you can find upcoming episode titles and also you can also discuss about the Best Wishes Saga in general. Please do not talk about episodes that haven’t aired in America. Below is a list of the recent upcoming episode titles.

Upcoming Episode Titles

Spoiler:

Episode 722
US Title: Battling the King of the Mines!

Episode 723
US Title: Crisis at Chargestone Cave!

Episode 724
US Title: Evolution Exchange Excitement!

Episode 725
US Title: Explorers of the Hero's Ruin!

Episode 726
US Title: Battling the Bully!

Episode 727
US Title: Baffling the Bouffalant!

Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes Thread

Upcoming Episode Titles

Spoiler:

Episode 728
US Title: Cilan Takes Flight!

Episode 729
US Title: An Amazing Aerial Battle!

Episode 730
US Title: Climbing the Tower of Success!

Episode 731
US Title: The Clubsplosion Begins!

Episode 732
US Title: Search for the Clubultimate!

Episode 733
US Title: A Clubsplosion of Excitement!

Episode 734
US Title: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!

Episode 735
US Title: Battling the Leaf Thieves!

Spoiler:
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Default General Anime Discussion Thread

This the General Anime Discussion Thread where you can talk about anything to do with the Pokemon Anime. This may involve discussions, questions or talking about the latest Anime news.

Rules
  • Please do not post any spoilers, there is already a thread for that.

• Please do flame or spam this thread.

• Obey the PE2K Rules and have fun
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: General Anime Discussion Thread

So I am slowly catching up on the Sinnoh eps. I just saw some of the episodes with Lyra. I think she's my new fave character after Misty. She's just so funny and good at scheming. Wish we got to see more of her!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
So I am slowly catching up on the Sinnoh eps. I just saw some of the episodes with Lyra. I think she's my new fave character after Misty. She's just so funny and good at scheming. Wish we got to see more of her!
Yeah, she was pretty awesome. They really only put her in there because of the release of HG/SS, and there wasn't like any gym battles where Lyra cheers Ash on. It would of been nice if she stayed longer. Do you think they might bring her back in the B/W anime?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Yeah, she was pretty awesome. They really only put her in there because of the release of HG/SS, and there wasn't like any gym battles where Lyra cheers Ash on. It would of been nice if she stayed longer. Do you think they might bring her back in the B/W anime?
Yeah, I know it was kinda just a big advertisement for Johto and HGSS. She was a really cool character though. It's a shame she wasn't used for BW instead and then picked to travel with Ash! I like her much better than Iris.

I doubt if we'd be seeing her again, sadly. I'd really like to see more old characters though. There are so many interesting ones, like Duplica and Ritchie. And of course I would like to see Misty come back for a few episodes.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Lyra was a nice addition to have in the anime when she was there. I remember her being so much fun. I really did like her chemistry with Dawn.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Expecto Patronum!

I liked how Lyra was trying to matchmake everyone. I feel like we finally saw a little bit of character development there.

I just watched the ep where Lyra leaves to go back to Johto... in a blimp thing. I found it really interesting considering that the Pokemon world seems to have very advanced technology in general. I figured they would have had jet planes for sure. Come to think of it, have we even seen any proper aeroplanes? I'm sure there'll be some coming up when we get to Mistralton City in Unova, but aside from that...

Maybe Pokemon isn't so futuristic afterall?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Sheepat Offline

I always feel like Pokemon technology-wise is timeless. If you notice throughout the anime, it's gotten less... sci-fi. I remember an episode where Ash got a letter from Professor Oak, and it was pictures of Oak dancing, and it was a voice-recorded message. On the other hand, you see a Miltank farm in Johto, where a farmer and his family live off the land. Then you see in Hoenn Professor Birch driving a Jeep.

So yeah, the Pokemon world had different levels of technology.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Hm, you're right. It seems more like an alternate timeline rather than a futuristic one. It's just that Pokeball/Pokemon technology is so advanced, and then you have things like Team Rocket's amazing robots and Galactic/Hunter J's crazy helicopters. xD I was a little surprised to see a blimp (but I think it's cool)!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Sheepat Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Hm, you're right. It seems more like an alternate timeline rather than a futuristic one. It's just that Pokeball/Pokemon technology is so advanced, and then you have things like Team Rocket's amazing robots and Galactic/Hunter J's crazy helicopters. xD I was a little surprised to see a blimp (but I think it's cool)!
It could also be some sort of symbolism, like you can be whatever you want in the Pokemon world, like a farmer or the leader of a big, tyrannical organization or some ten year old with incredibly powerful Pokemon.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 AM

Harry did an article a few months ago where he discuss this. What he said was that because the people in the Pokemon World relied on Pokemon so much that technology that isn't related to it never developed as it does in our world. So things like Airplanes are not the same as ours because trainers could simply just grab a Fearow and Fly to the next city.

I am guessing the same can be said in the anime. The only difference is that it changes from regions to regions. I do remember that Ash, his mom and Oak flew on a plane to get to Unova though. It looked a bit old fashion though.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Sheepat Offline

Interesting... it also might be because I think people in the Pokemon universe are more environment-conscious. Pokemon are intelligent beings, and to humans it might be like if a bunch of bull dozers smashed down, say, Goldenrod City and replaced it with flowers (and yes I have read Pokemon Adventures Yellow) I mean, you never see big, gas-guzzling cars in the anime.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepat View Post
Interesting... it also might be because I think people in the Pokemon universe are more environment-conscious. Pokemon are intelligent beings, and to humans it might be like if a bunch of bull dozers smashed down, say, Goldenrod City and replaced it with flowers (and yes I have read Pokemon Adventures Yellow) I mean, you never see big, gas-guzzling cars in the anime.
Exactly. Cars are pretty rare in the Pokemon world. Only Jenny(s) are seen with motorized vehicles in a constant manner. The only people I can remember who have drove anything are Birch, Bertha and Scott.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

I remember some Rangers have Jeeps to drive through the forest and also Bertha had a Jeep, if I remember correctly. It seems that motorized vehicles are more popular in the forest and woods, rather than the city.

Spoiler: