Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvitard27 View Post
so i was talking to my friend brandon who's also a pokemon fan, and he said that if celebi traveled through time, what did the future or evolved form of celebi look like. so i made it:Celebliss
Hmm...I think the head looks very unnatural on the body. It may have to do with the shading of the body (the lighter shade looks weird, maybe reshade the outline?) or just the shape of the head. The wings also look wonky, because when you think about it, if that's what he looked like, then his wings would practically be on his right shoulder only and not the center of his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post

Mew Devamp. I left purposeful holes in the outlining to make it look older. :o
I can't figure out what bothers me for this. I think it may be the eyes, since they still look relatively modern. try using a paler shade, because after all, the older games couldn't make very vibrant colors. Same with the pink, go for a paler shade. Not just that, but remember the outline isn't fully black. It uses the darkest shade, too. And don't forget the dotted shading technique ^^

By the way guys don't forget the critique rule /)v(\ I know I'm practically crit-ing everything, but still.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Alrighty, I used all of the colors in the old sprite in this one. I hope it's better! I personally like it. :3

There is a lineless Typhlosion. It's awful... XD
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Quote:

Alrighty, I used all of the colors in the old sprite in this one. I hope it's better! I personally like it. :3

There is a lineless Typhlosion. It's awful... XD
Hm...there is something weird about the Totodile's mouth to me..almost as if the teeth jut out too much or something. Also, it looks like the spines on the back are too flat. I believe on the actual sprite they have a black outline and a few white dots to indicate highlights. Also, the linework looks a bit too flat in some places, though that could be the sprite to begin with.

As for the Typholsion, it's alright! But there are a few lines there! When making a lineless, recolor ALL THE LINES with the color that touches it. For example, the arm would be completely invisible because it would blend with the light tan on the stomach, but that's what a lineless it! I'm not sure how to explain it without making one of my own...so here it is to help you!

See how all the dark lines are gone? All the outline colors should disappear from the sprite and be replaced by the base, shade, and highlight colors. I hope that helped a bit!!

Anyone want to offer some CC on this custom spritedex entry?

Everything except the letters and numbers was handmade by me (letters from sprites on spriter's resource).

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
Hm...there is something weird about the Totodile's mouth to me..almost as if the teeth jut out too much or something. Also, it looks like the spines on the back are too flat. I believe on the actual sprite they have a black outline and a few white dots to indicate highlights. Also, the linework looks a bit too flat in some places, though that could be the sprite to begin with.

As for the Typholsion, it's alright! But there are a few lines there! When making a lineless, recolor ALL THE LINES with the color that touches it. For example, the arm would be completely invisible because it would blend with the light tan on the stomach, but that's what a lineless it! I'm not sure how to explain it without making one of my own...so here it is to help you!

See how all the dark lines are gone? All the outline colors should disappear from the sprite and be replaced by the base, shade, and highlight colors. I hope that helped a bit!!

Anyone want to offer some CC on this custom spritedex entry?

Everything except the letters and numbers was handmade by me (letters from sprites on spriter's resource).
I totally see what you mean on the lineless. I'll try again sometime tonight or tomorrow and then post it here!

Yeah, that right tooth was like that. XD

And nice scratch! :O
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Why can't that be in a Pokemon game? It's so epic, Meg! ;.;

Anyways, I tried my hand at a scratch. I suck.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Why can't that be in a Pokemon game? It's so epic, Meg! ;.;

Anyways, I tried my hand at a scratch. I suck.
I'm sorry but that is too freaking adorable (/ o3o)/
Thing is, it's completely flat! It lacks shading and the outline is very square. It also looks relatively small for a sprite, and the details are hard to make out. You could refer to some scratch-spriting tutorial for help, because I'm not exactly great at it myself, either, so I'm not really fit to be giving you critique for this.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
~Blast Burn

Tried to use random/vibrant colors. I kinda like it. XD

And that one. Idk if you guys know, BUT I LOVE ORANGE.

Edited that sprite, an attempted a lineless Pichu. O:

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-24-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:15 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Quote:

Tried to use random/vibrant colors. I kinda like it. XD

And that one. Idk if you guys know, BUT I LOVE ORANGE.

Edited that sprite, an attempted a lineless Pichu. O:

On the trainer recolors, they're pretty good, the second girl definitely looks better than the first. I like the colors on the boy. The pichu is... very lineless. I recommend light lines between areas of the same color.

Now then, this is my entry for the WAR, and while its too late to enter any changes, I'd really like some CC.
It's my first scratch sprite.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 AM
PokeSuicune Offline

Now that, is one heck of a scratch sprite sammy! =3 I love it, and it doesn't seem to need any improvements other than, maybe, some more detail? I'm thinking...sort of, victorian designs, maybe? It's up to you though.

Moving on to my sprite...

Well, obviously, this isn't the best sprite I've ever done, for sure, but it was a nice practice sprite to make, and it might've turned out better if I didn't choose the pokemon I used randomly.

Name-Chakineep
Type-Fire/Normal

Enjoy, I hope.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
GabriellaErin Offline

Can somone please tell me where I can make a sprite
Old 08-12-2012, 05:23 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

GabriellaErin, I've replied to you in many threads, telling you where to make sprites.
I've also asked you not to post multiple times without someone else posting in between.

Shun the non-believer
Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeSuicune View Post
Now that, is one heck of a scratch sprite sammy! =3 I love it, and it doesn't seem to need any improvements other than, maybe, some more detail? I'm thinking...sort of, victorian designs, maybe? It's up to you though.

Moving on to my sprite...

Well, obviously, this isn't the best sprite I've ever done, for sure, but it was a nice practice sprite to make, and it might've turned out better if I didn't choose the pokemon I used randomly.

Name-Chakineep
Type-Fire/Normal

Enjoy, I hope.
Looks really good! The colors were smooth, and the pieces almost fit together. Almost. Only one thing is off for me, and that's the flame on the end of the horn. I dunno what it is, honestly, it just kinda bothers me.

This is the horror that Xanthe forced upon me:

Links
Code:
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Starbom Offline

Lol your so proud of that thing...

Rhyhorn base, breloom and rapidash is hard to work with but what is with the red outline/ freaky eye? The legs look very awkward, and the back leg looks like its half cut off! Just no. Lol
Old 08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

I is not! xD And, you're right, it is just no. That's why I hate dislike her for making me make something so bad. It's le ugliest thing evar.

Earlier sprite I made when I sucked less.

Links
Code:
Old 08-12-2012, 07:54 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post

This is the horror that Xanthe forced upon me:
I put together a video describing it.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/476354

Sorry, but I had to. TOO GREAT OF A CHANCE. XD It's better than what I could've done though. I CANNOT do anything but recolors.

That Alakazam is cool! O: