Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
It's good, but the pants look a little...weird. The outline of them is still that olive green, in which I think it could of worked better if it were a darker blue than the other blues. Otherwise, it's really good!

Chairmode, activate, boop!

Discuss.
I, uhm...what? xD
The chair is from one of the games, correct? I think rather than just cutting off Snivy's head and slapping it onto a couch, you should scratch his head to make it look more natural, like it's actually a piece of furniture you would find in the game. Think back to the Pokédolls from Emerald and the overworld sprites from HG/SS. Now, if you pasted one of those heads on a couch, wouldn't it look better?

Here are the Pokédolls from Emerald, if you wanted to look at them. I got them from spriters-resource. I'd show you the overworld sprites but that's a big sprite sheet xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvitard27 View Post
pokeformers, roll out. lol
so i was expirementing an created a sprite and evolved form of it.
empurr
pyroar
i think they're my best sprites yet!
Definitely an improvement! You're getting there, and I can see the progress. My only crit for you is the flames on Raikou's butt. It's rather obvious that they're blown up, so you could fix that by just thinning the outline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I love doing devamps personally. <3

Here are a couple of recolors too.
Wow, your devamps are awesome! Normally people forget a lot of the aspects that come with devamping and still make it look...uhm, not devamped enough, but you definitely hit it spot on. Cyndaquil looks the most natural, but Flareon still looks a little weird. There's a certain characteristic that all old sprites have, and that's the way they're shaded. If you look closely at the following sprites, what do you notice?

See the weird dotted shading? This isn't the case for all of the sprites, but it's definitely something obvious to note that could make your sprite look more like a proper devamp.

Your recolors are adorable. There's not much to be said about recoloring in general, since it's a pretty straightforward way of spriting, but make sure the palettes you're using for the Pokémon are flattering. The Pichu is cute, but I'm not a fan of the yellow on the Eevee.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelutions View Post
Wow, your devamps are awesome! Normally people forget a lot of the aspects that come with devamping and still make it look...uhm, not devamped enough, but you definitely hit it spot on. Cyndaquil looks the most natural, but Flareon still looks a little weird. There's a certain characteristic that all old sprites have, and that's the way they're shaded. If you look closely at the following sprites, what do you notice?

See the weird dotted shading? This isn't the case for all of the sprites, but it's definitely something obvious to note that could make your sprite look more like a proper devamp.

Your recolors are adorable. There's not much to be said about recoloring in general, since it's a pretty straightforward way of spriting, but make sure the palettes you're using for the Pokémon are flattering. The Pichu is cute, but I'm not a fan of the yellow on the Eevee.

Thank you! Yeah, I did have trouble with the dot thing on Cyndaquil and it looked so bad when I did it on Flareon I just took it off. DX I'm trying to improve that skill!

I think the Eevee wasn't a good choice for Pichu's colors too. XD I just figured I'd do both. :3
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 AM
larvitard27 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelutions View Post
I, uhm...what? xD
The chair is from one of the games, correct? I think rather than just cutting off Snivy's head and slapping it onto a couch, you should scratch his head to make it look more natural, like it's actually a piece of furniture you would find in the game. Think back to the Pokédolls from Emerald and the overworld sprites from HG/SS. Now, if you pasted one of those heads on a couch, wouldn't it look better?

Here are the Pokédolls from Emerald, if you wanted to look at them. I got them from spriters-resource. I'd show you the overworld sprites but that's a big sprite sheet xD

Definitely an improvement! You're getting there, and I can see the progress. My only crit for you is the flames on Raikou's butt. It's rather obvious that they're blown up, so you could fix that by just thinning the outline.

Thanks for the compliment, your recolors are nice typhlosion. and here's a custom dark lugia sprite.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Here's a custom dark lugia sprite.
It's a rather weird sprite, considering it's zoomed in. Try zooming out when you save it...xD
Focusing on the details, though, it looks like you just recolored Lugia to have one shade of dark purple (you can only tell there's more of you look closely). The outline for his belly doesn't match the blue that you used, so it ends up making it look weird. Try using the darker shade of blue as the outline for the lighter shade so it looks better.
Also there's weird lines on some parts of the sprite, so that's also...uhm, weird. q:
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM
larvitard27 Offline

sorry, it's an older sprite, here's a newer one

just a recolor and added flames, but cool
Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
sorry, it's an older sprite, here's a newer one

just a recolor and added flames, but cool
Indeed, very cool! You could try fixing the outline on the part where it's light orange, because with black, it doesn't look very good. If you tried also using orange as the outline (not the same shade, of course), it would make it look shiny ^^
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
larvitard27 Offline

thanks for the advice! like this?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
thanks for the advice! like this?
Much better! I love it!
I think the only thing that bothers me now is the stray speck of fire on the left. Maybe it'd look better without it? :u
Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 AM
larvitard27 Offline

fixed it!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
fixed it!
Awesome! I think now it's finished ^^ Good job!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I've been making line art recently! :o

I made that for Sarah. What do you guys think?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I've been making line art recently! :o

I made that for Sarah. What do you guys think?
It's alright, but I think that the feet and and mouth could use some work. I actually made one a while ago. How do they compare?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi View Post
It's alright, but I think that the feet and and mouth could use some work. I actually made one a while ago. How do they compare?
I like yours better. XD Yeah, I figured the front right leg and mouth did need some work. :o
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
larvitard27 Offline

so i was talking to my friend brandon who's also a pokemon fan, and he said that if celebi traveled through time, what did the future or evolved form of celebi look like. so i made it:Celebliss
Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 AM
~Blast Burn

Mew Devamp. I left purposeful holes in the outlining to make it look older. :o