Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: [WAR XI] Drawn Art Section

You guys have the rest of tonight and tomorrow to get any more entries in. It's good to see some more activity this week :) We already have 4 entries! (one was private)

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Team: Awesome
Name: Foxamivalth
Entry: Alkanost

The outlines become so thick. :/

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 07-07-2012, 11:17 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Team: Not-so-super-friends
Name: Emma
Entry:
Spoiler:

Phoenix D:
Old 07-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Team: Eggman Empire
Name: Winter
Entry:
Spoiler:

My phone sucks. That one spot on her head looks a bit blurry, but after multiple tries with the same result, I gave up. Yay for fairies!

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Ok entries for week 2 are closed. I'll have results posted sometime tomorrow night along with the theme for week 3.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Alrighty, incoming scores! Due to a larger number of entries and my laziness certainly being a factor in all this, I've decided not to provide a paragraph's length for each section on everyone's piece, but rather short statements and comments. You'll see what I mean shortly. If you want me to go more in depth or are confused by something I said, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be glad to help you out and provide you with my more detailed opinions.

For reference purposes:
-Theme; 10 points. Relevance to theme
-Creativity; 10 points. Thinking outside the box; the unexpected.
-Shading; 10 points. Proper shading or lack of (in some cases).
-Composition; 10 points. How well aspects are arranged on a canvas
-Overall Appeal; 10 points. How well everything looks as a whole.

Saraibre Ryu:
Team: GUN
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
FYI, this entry was sent via PM. The submitted entry is of a perched gargoyle and fits the theme. Nice background details with the fountain as a whole. The body of the gargoyle lacks detail though as it's completely white. The shading looks very well done, but again is lacking in the head and upper body region. The composition is beautifully crafted. I can appreciate when an artist can properly fit in elements to the piece where it's supposed to have depth as it can be very difficult. This piece is quite appealing in terms of the background support, however the centerpiece is quite lacking in attraction.

Theme: 10 points
Creativity: 8 points
Shading: 7 points
Composition: 9 points
Overall Appeal: 8 points

Total: 42 points

Judge Dredd
Team: Awesome!
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The submitted entry is of a Jackalope, the mythical creature of North America and fits the theme. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting anything of this nature nor style of drawing so I must commend you on your creativity. I feel like I've mentioned this time and time again though with previous entries: There's a clear lack of background support. The creature itself, while skillfully drawn cannot be fully appreciated on its own. The shading looks great. Even though the piece is in black and what and is drawn with the style that I shall call "scribble scrabble", I am still able to envision the animal in my mind with near detail of what it would look like in reality. The only area for shading that I would make suggestions for would be the lower back and the horns. It seems like you got a little lazy with both of those. The composition of the piece is impressive. From what's actually there, I'm not sure what could be improved, so well done there. This piece is definitely appealing overall. However as I mentioned earlier, with your scribble scrabble style, it's very easy to miss areas such as the Jackelope's back side. There's no excuse for missing the detail on the horns though. Still though, very good job. I'm really impressed by this piece.

Shading: 9 points
Composition: 10 points

Total: 45 points

Name: Velocity
Team: Revolution Uprising
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The submitted entry is of an ancient Egyptian god fighting a giant mythological serpent and fits the theme. Pretty much anything outside of Greek mythology will get positive creativity points from me so long as it's relatively good. As for the background, I know it's the desert and there's not much there so FINE lol. The pyramids will have to do, although they look like they were neglected in detail. The shading is very well done. Improvements could be made to the sandy dunes and pyramids though. The composition of the snake and Ra is alright, but again those damn pyramids just look forced and out of place. If they're just there for the sake of something being there, then perhaps maybe a giant sun would look better instead? That's just my opinion. As for overall appeal, I really like the detail on the snake's head and Ra's body. I can tell some hard work went into both of them and that's something I can appreciate.

Creativity: 7 points
Shading: 8 points
Overall Appeal: 9 points

Total: 43 points

Name: Angel_DeArc
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The submitted entry is of a mermaid, mythological creature of the sea, fit for battle and fits the theme. I like the idea with this one. It's got the feel of a huntress, but for the sea. The general idea for a mermaid though falls in the realm of common in my book though. For shading, there are certain areas in which the shading looks really great and others where there lacks shading or it's just kind of weird. Where the shading looks good would be the moon, the upper fin (like where the legs would normally be), and the torso. Areas of improvement would be for the water, the lengthy part of her hair, and the curly part of the fin. They all just look improperly shaded. The composition of the piece looks pretty good. I like how the moon can be fully seen and lies directly behind the mermaid. The ripples in the water are a nice touch since she presumably just emerged. But then there's those things in the bottom left near your signature. What are those? I really have no clue. They kind of look like they were just thrown in there. As for overall appeal, I can't really say I was blown away by this piece. I can definitely see what you were trying to go for, but there are just so many spots where minor improvements can make the piece look masterful. Things like the lack of detail on the bow, the odd shaping of her arms and hands, and her hair missing needed details. Those are what I feel hurt you the most here.

Shading: 6 points
Composition: 7 points
Overall Appeal: 5 points

Total: 36 points

Name: Foxamivalth
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The submitted entry is of an Alkonost, a creature from Russian mythology. You definitely scored some good points in creativity for this one. I guess it's just my ignorance, but I didn't even know Russia had any mythology LOL. Anyways onto the piece itself. I have very little complaints on creativity if any. Maybe a sun or cloud in the far distance? I dunno lol it looks really really nice. The shading is also well done. The hairline, tree branches, and feathers all stood out to me as being well shaded. And I know it's difficult for me to suggest this, but the only part that I see not to be shaded at all would be the leaves on the branches. However I understand the difficulty in that task seeing as how many there are. The composition in this piece is great. Very little looks out of place. The only things I would note on would be that her boobs look like they have different shapes and she doesn't have much of a body unless she's leaning over really far. This piece has great appeal to me. I don't really know exactly why, but at first glance I was like "lolwtf woman bird with big boobs" but then when I started dissecting it did I notice how much I like this piece. Great job!

Creativity: 10 points
Overall Appeal: 9 points

Total: 46 points

I'm putting this here ONLY BECAUSE I'M ******* SCARED SHXTLESS RIGHT NOW, THIS WHOLE POST WAS NEARLY LOST CAUSE I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED THE X. THANK GOD FOR THE "RESTORE CLOSED TABS" BUTTON THAT FIREFOX HAS ahhh. Also it's getting really late so I'm gonna try to zip through these last 2. SORRY...

Name: EmBreon
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Phoenix fits theme. Kinda common for this theme so not really creative. The phoenix alone with nothing in the back doesn't bode well for creativity either. Shading looks magnificent. However the wings have such sharp corners in between the feather things so that's kinda strange. Also, those random bold red and orange lines are unnecessary Maybe it was just unavoidable with the computer drawing. I dunno! As for overall, it kinda looks like you rushed this just to get an entry in. I could be wrong but that's just how it felt.

Creativity: 6 points
Overall Appeal: 7 points

Total: 38 points

Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fairy fits theme. It's common for this theme though so not really creative. It looks like she's sitting on a lily pad, but where's the water? Background elements are missing. Very little detailed shading, but I do like the coloring a lot. I don't know how you kept a constant color of shade for things like her blouse, or the lily pad, but I'm impressed with that because I can never keep it constant whenever I doodle. Speaking of, this piece looks more like a doodle than something I feel was given serious attention and dedication to and as a result affected the piece overall. Not to say this isn't good (it's better than anything I've ever attempted), but yeah, let's get back on topic.. sorry lol. Composition: The 3 things that stand out to me that could use improving would be her limbs, hair, and wings. For the limbs, it's mostly the legs and feet in that there's little detail. The wings, while symmetrical, are just.. different? They look like they've been damaged or something. And for the hair, now that I think about it, seems to be more of a shading issue in that it lacks shading completely. It's all just a constant color, which usually isn't how hair looks. Overall appeal: From a distance it looks really good, but upon closer review, it could definitely use some touch ups in a lot of places.

Creativity: 7 points
Shading: 6 points

Total: 38 points

Overall result:

1st place: Foxamivalth (3 points for team)
2nd place: Judge Dredd (2 points for team)
3rd place: Velocity (1 point for team)

Thank you all very much for your entries, everyone! They were all really amazing no matter how mean I may have sounded in my critique. Everyone should be proud of their work and hang it on their refrigerator. DO IT. Not much else to say here cause it's late and I have to wake up in less than 6 hours.. @_@

Now then, you guys seemed really excited for week 2's theme so I dunno how I'm gonna top that for the others to come. I may have to scratch a couple that I currently have planned and replace them with something you guys will enjoy as much as this past one. With that said, hopefully you guys will be as enthusiastic about week 3's theme as I am whenever I have the opportunity to draw. It's personally one of my favorites, and a very broad and open theme. The theme for week 3 is...

Cartoons/Anime

Your entry can be from your favorite childhood cartoon or your own adaptation of a cartoon. The same applies to anime or video game characters/settings. Not much explanation is required for this one though. Have at it, everyone!

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Guess who is totally entering this week. This girl right here. Aw, yeah!! So sad I couldn't do last week and congrats to the winners.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Winter Offline

...Dangit, why am I so stupid--just to bring about some clarification on her wings, they were based off the "leafy" parts of a leafy sea dragon.

Congrats to the winners! I'm sooooooo excited about this next theme--love anime, so this is gonna be fun!

EDIT: ...Waitwaitwait, can I have a little clarification here? Is it supposed to be an already done scene, or something we come up on our own with characters from whatever cartoon/anime/game we decide to go with?

Last edited by Winter; 07-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
but at first glance I was like "lolwtf
woman bird with big boobs"
People in my house told me that. :x

Hm.. The third week theme. What should I take..

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
EDIT: ...Waitwaitwait, can I have a little clarification here? Is it supposed to be an already done scene, or something we come up on our own with characters from whatever cartoon/anime/game we decide to go with?
It can be a scene that already existed or it can be of something completely new and made up. There's hardly any boundaries with this one. Chances are as long as it's not a generic DBZ scene (since I watch so much of it), points on creativity won't be lost. (That doesn't mean DBZ isn't good, it just means I want you to be creative with it .. like having 2 people who didn't normally fight each in the series or movies other actually fighting)

Edit: Also, if you finish up your entry before Saturday night, I encourage you to send it when you're most comfortable with the final product. This applies to this week and next. I say this because I'm leaving to go on vacation Saturday morning and I'll be extremely tired and lazy all weekend so I'd rather get most critiques done earlier than later. If you're worried about someone stealing your idea, PMing is always an option.

^ Anastasia-R ^

Last edited by TheEvilDookie; 07-09-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
As for overall, it kinda looks like you rushed this just to get an entry in.
Was it that obvious? :[

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to put into my entry again, but at least it's something... ^^;

Name: Embop
Entry: Scooby Doo and Pikachu
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Winter Offline

Sorry, missed the edit! She was done a few days ago, but I just got to the scanner today...

Entry:
Spoiler:

Chi, the loveable Persocom (humanoid computer) from an anime/manga called Chobits. Went more along the lines of her appearance in the original CLAMP manga art simply because it was more detailed, and she's wearing a dress in about the only color I've never seen her wear... Please note that she is laying on carpet. XD

Last edited by Winter; 07-15-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Entries closed. I'll try my best to finish these by the end of the day tomorrow. I wasn't able to score any beforehand because the first entry came at like some time last night I think. @_@

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Gonna make this quick. I'm on vacation so no time for in depth reviews. Sorry lol.

For reference purposes:
-Theme; 10 points. Relevance to theme
-Creativity; 10 points. Thinking outside the box; the unexpected.
-Shading; 10 points. Proper shading or lack of (in some cases).
-Composition; 10 points. How well aspects are arranged on a canvas
-Overall Appeal; 10 points. How well everything looks as a whole.

5TailedDemonLizard
Team: Revolution Uprising
Entry:
Spoiler:

Theme: 10 pts
Creativity: 9 pts
Shading: 8 pts
Composition: 7 pts
Overall Appeal: 8 pts

Total: 42 pts

Saraibre Ryu
Team: GUN
Entry:
Spoiler:

Creativity: 7 pts
Shading: 8 pts
Composition: 9 pts
Overall Appeal: 7 pts

Total: 41 pts

Foxamivalth
Team: Awesome
Entry:
Spoiler:

Creativity: 6 pts
Shading: 6 pts
Composition: 8 pts
Overall Appeal: 8 pts

Total: 38 pts

EmBreon
Entry:
Spoiler:
[img]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Only_Emma/sandp.png[/omg]

Creativity: 7 pts
Shading: 9 pts
Overall Appeal: 7 pts

Total: 41 pts

Winter
Entry:
Spoiler:
[imghttp://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/Mew__Rose/SCAN0700.jpg?t=1342318578[/img]

Creativity: 8 pts
Shading: 9 pts
Overall Appeal: 9 pts

Total: 44 pts

Overall result:

1st place: Winter (3 points for team)
2nd place: 5TailedDemonLizard (2 points for team)
3rd place: Saraibre Ryu/EmBreon (1 point for team)

Next week's theme: Pokemon & Humans. I'm lazy I know. But fxck it lol.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I couldn't get PE2K to open all day yesterday. I finally got back to my computer ..Im hoping you granted an extension to today.

Team: Awesome !
Name: Judge Dredd
Entry:
Spoiler:

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List