Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Multiplayer-Compatible Pokemon Game

They're not really coming out with one as far as I know, but I just wanted to muse over a cool idea I had.

So what if you could play through the story mode of a main Pokemon game with your best bud? I was thinking about how cool this would be when my mind started to actually go over how it would work. This is what I've come up with:

You start the story from your hometown as twins/siblings (depending on genders/preference) going on a Pokemon adventure together. You choose your starters and go out together on an adventure.
  • The collaboration would be done on two separate systems (probably DS) and linked by a cable/infrared connection, or Wi-Fi.
  • Both players move about freely and separately.
  • You can battle separate enemies on your own, or you can do a double battle with the first three Pokemon in your party to make a full team of 6.
  • Any wild Pokemon battle in which only one of the players is fighting in can be joined at any time by the other if they reach your location and if you accept their help. The current battler can select 2 other Pokemon (not including their active Pokemon) from their party to have on their team when this happens.
    When the arriving Trainer's Pokemon is sent out, it does not immediately get to choose its moves, nor is any ability that it has is activated yet. The rivaling Pokemon will attack the arriving first, and then the turns will go back to normal.
  • Experience gained by each Pokemon from the above circumstance is cut to 1/4 of the amount it would be if one Pokemon had been used. So that means if by defeating an enemy one Pokemon would get 100 experience, than each Pokemon in the battle gets a base of 25 experience (base meaning before any experience gained by other Pokemon other than the active two is divided out).
  • Gym Battles are done in double-battle mode.
  • The game can be played with only one player, but you cannot save your progress.
  • Because of the above rule and the inconvenience that comes with it, there is one single-player save file and one multiplayer save file in the game.
  • There cannot be a three-people adventure because the game would shoot itself from the amount of math and coding.

SO, KIDS, GOT ANY QUESTIONS ON HOW THE GAME WOULD WORK? /is bored and ready to figure out all sciences of this imaginary game.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-27-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Re: Multiplayer-Compatible Pokemon Game

Instead of rival battles would the players have to face eachother?
Also, would it be possible to do this over wi-fi, or upload a character onto the internet to do the journey, as sort of a dream world sort of thing? Because best friends might be across the country and still want to play.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 PM
goldwynaut Offline

you must be able to play by yourself, what if you,re forever alone.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

I would definitely play a Pokemon game like this. But maybe if it was on like a home console, like the Wii, so you could play side by side. And I think for two-player cooperation, the rivals would probably be themselves, as in they fight against each other, and after the battle, the Pokemon would automatically be restored to full health and stuff. But, that's just me. Also, did I mention I would love to see a Pokemon game like this?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
you must be able to play by yourself, what if you,re forever alone.
I answered that in the original post, if you go back and read it you should see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
Instead of rival battles would the players have to face eachother?
Also, would it be possible to do this over wi-fi, or upload a character onto the internet to do the journey, as sort of a dream world sort of thing? Because best friends might be across the country and still want to play.
It would be a collab against one rival. Thus why you choose 3 Pokemon from each to make a team of 6. c:

Wi-Fi, yes, I'll add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
I would definitely play a Pokemon game like this. But maybe if it was on like a home console, like the Wii, so you could play side by side. And I think for two-player cooperation, the rivals would probably be themselves, as in they fight against each other, and after the battle, the Pokemon would automatically be restored to full health and stuff. But, that's just me. Also, did I mention I would love to see a Pokemon game like this?
Yes, yes you did. cx Maybe it'd be cool if you fought each other for Champion? (:
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."