Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Source

Harvard Law professor who taught Obama. Interesting video. Discuss.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

I laughed at his comments about stimulus and bail outs, when, ironically, Obama did not technically bail anyone out. Bush's administration bailed the banks out on October 3rd, 2008. GM and other companies are also doing relatively well right now, after Obama's stimulus package. To be fair, it may not be because of the stimulus package, but it seemed to have done so.

He does not sound like he is thinking realistically, to be honest. And this guy seriously thinks that Romney will be more competent and safer decision than Obama? You cannot run a government like a company.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I laughed at his comments about stimulus and bail outs, when, ironically, Obama did not technically bail anyone out. Bush's administration bailed the banks out on October 3rd, 2008. GM and other companies are also doing relatively well right now, after Obama's stimulus package. To be fair, it may not be because of the stimulus package, but it seemed to have done so.
He has a separate video for the stmulus itself. Obama bought the Keynsian tactics and supported additional bailouts. Remember, he's a progressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
He does not sound like he is thinking realistically, to be honest. And this guy seriously thinks that Romney will be more competent and safer decision than Obama? You cannot run a government like a company.
Ya the way he talks is sometimes very convoluted.

He thinks Romney is 100% worse than Obama. He thinks that by having Romney winning, the Democrats would have to reorient themselves towards a more progressive agenda instead of being right-winged as they are right now. I necessarily agree with this strategy, but that is what he's saying.

Not to mention that Romney isn't a good businessman either. The companies he runs aren't actually doing that well.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

At what expense is he willing to fix the Democratic party? Romney would definitely not be a great choice. Obama may not be amazing, but when it comes to politics, you have to choose the official that will do the least amount of damage. Obama, it seems, has been playing out some very interesting tactics for the upcoming election. He would most probably destroy Romney in any debate concerning the healthcare situation, let alone the militaristic situation. But I am still cringing, because despite my confidence that Obama will win, there is that massive shred of doubt.

I agree with him about the two parties, however. Not only are they incompetent, but there are only two decisions. The two party system needs to be eradicated if the U.S wants to progress forward.

He does not propose how these goals are to be done in a realistic fashion either.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
lisa lynn's Avatar
lisa lynn Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 47
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The companies he runs aren't actually doing that well.
Staples... Sports Authority... Steel Dynamics... all now multimillion/billion dollar companies due to Romney's investments. Bain itself is a successful venture because of Romney.

Let's talk actual failed business ventures, like Solyndra, that $535 MILLION dollar loan the TAXPAYERS are now forced to cover thanks to Obama. How about the $2.5 BILLION dollars we taxpayers need to repay after Obama's second business venture bankrupted? We're up to $16 BILLION dollars JUST in defunct solar company loans, $16 BILLION dollars in THREE YEARS, which doesn't include the fact that Obama can't balance a budget to save his own life and has managed to rack up more national debt than the five previous President's before him COMBINED.

Whereas Romney's initial $16 million dollar investment into Steel Dynamics has created a company now worth hundreds of millions of dollars.


So please explain to me where you got the hilarious idea that Romney is a poor businessman, please, I am dying to hear what you come up with.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa lynn View Post
Staples... Sports Authority... Steel Dynamics... all now multimillion/billion dollar companies due to Romney's investments. Bain itself is a successful venture because of Romney.

Let's talk actual failed business ventures, like Solyndra, that $535 MILLION dollar loan the TAXPAYERS are now forced to cover thanks to Obama. How about the $2.5 BILLION dollars we taxpayers need to repay after Obama's second business venture bankrupted? We're up to $16 BILLION dollars JUST in defunct solar company loans, $16 BILLION dollars in THREE YEARS, which doesn't include the fact that Obama can't balance a budget to save his own life and has managed to rack up more national debt than the five previous President's before him COMBINED.

Whereas Romney's initial $16 million dollar investment into Steel Dynamics has created a company now worth hundreds of millions of dollars.


So please explain to me where you got the hilarious idea that Romney is a poor businessman, please, I am dying to hear what you come up with.
First of all, I love your aggressive approach here. Really, it helps your argument a lot.

Second of all, it is not surprising that the debt caused by Obama is larger than Bush's. Bush came into a minuscule recession and left an enormous one in the wake of the presidential elections. Obama's strategy of stimulus packages and lower tax rates than the annual average does not help the national debt either. The fact that the Republicans blocked Obama's attempt to tax higher classes shows that they are not interested in attempting to fix the economy either.

The debate on who has more debt under their belt is a ridiculous argument. Obama, like other presidents before him, is squandering cash. Wow, amazing.

As for Romney's business success. Romney's dealings with Bain & Company is questionable. His dealings have resulted in huge layoffs and debt while he profits privately. It is also interesting to note that he refuses to have his tax record publicized.
I firmly believe that Obama will be a better choice than Romeny, but again, we will have to see.

Romney did not support the bailouts either, wanting the companies sold off piece by piece, causing their suppliers to go belly up. It's shocking to see how Bain did not question Romney's policies. I am glad Obama didn't listen to Romney's hypocrisy either (since he supported the Wall Street bailout), because GM has posted its largest profit in 103 years, and Chrysler posting its first profit since 1997. The bailouts, in my opinion, were a success.


Quote:
which doesn't include the fact that Obama can't balance a budget to save his own life and has managed to rack up more national debt than the five previous President's before him COMBINED.
What the hell are you talking about? The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office. Two presidential terms? Correct. Five? No.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 07-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa lynn View Post
Staples... Sports Authority... Steel Dynamics... all now multimillion/billion dollar companies due to Romney's investments. Bain itself is a successful venture because of Romney.

Let's talk actual failed business ventures, like Solyndra, that $535 MILLION dollar loan the TAXPAYERS are now forced to cover thanks to Obama. How about the $2.5 BILLION dollars we taxpayers need to repay after Obama's second business venture bankrupted? We're up to $16 BILLION dollars JUST in defunct solar company loans, $16 BILLION dollars in THREE YEARS, which doesn't include the fact that Obama can't balance a budget to save his own life and has managed to rack up more national debt than the five previous President's before him COMBINED.

Whereas Romney's initial $16 million dollar investment into Steel Dynamics has created a company now worth hundreds of millions of dollars.


So please explain to me where you got the hilarious idea that Romney is a poor businessman, please, I am dying to hear what you come up with.
I conceed the point that his ventures aren't as bad as I had initially thought (though I'd like to hear how comparable companies are doing in terms of their gorwth, as a comparison). I will not conceed the point that he's a poor businessman, because he's an investor. Bain is not a business much that it's a private equity company. It is designed with the idea that it is a firm that doesn't run like a business in the first place.

Holson Burnes Group Inc. is an example of why he's a poor businessman but a good private equity salesman. Holson closed down (Fox News) under the presumption of losses. Romney made money off it though. What he did here was bad from a business perspective, but great from a private equity perspective.

Bain is littered with stuff like this. A recent University of Chicago paper describes leveraged buyouts as "10-20% of the gains is simply a shunting of the tax code" (Paper here), which is essentially the movement of money from taxation into a private equity firm. Romney wins regardless of what happens at Bain capital, even if the company loses he would still win. Bad business, great private equity.

Also, according to wall street journal:
Quote:
...the rate at which the firms Bain invested in ran into trouble appears to be higher than experienced by some rival buyout firms during the era.

...Bain was investing in "riskier deals,"...
Romney likes to take risk, which while does exist from a business perspective, being excessively risky as so is generally considered to be stupidity in terms of singular business. Again, great in terms of leveraged buyout potential, bad business.

Heck, Romney's heavily involved in Stericycle, which again is a great move from a private equity perspective, but horrendously hurts his brand (i.e. himself) as a Republican who supports the pro-life stance. That's just not good business practice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2013, 06:51 PM
tombzg56 Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Default Re: Robert Unger - "Obama must be defeated"

Lagos is one of the largest commercial and industrial hubs of the state of Nigeria, with a GNP triple that of any other West African country.
________
Cheap flight tickets to Lagos
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com