Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: (paperfairy) Challenger [Velocity] vs. Shocking! Gym Leader [Dino]

Round 3

Challenger Velocity

[Chell] Charizard (F)
HP: 99
Energy: 85
Ability: Blaze

Leader Dino

[Zana] Venomoth (F)
HP: 77
Energy: 87
Ability: Tinted Lens
Status: +1 ATK, +1 SPATK, +2 SPD (Quiver Dance, Tailwind [in three rounds, -1 SPD])

Charizard began to hover away from her Bug-type opponent, its Aerial Ace having completed. It flew downward to rest its wings, but was certainly not resting from the battle itself. She flexed her muscles and roared, and slammed her fist into the ground. The tile Charizard stood on began to glow green. There was alight tremor as the unstable room began to shake. In response, Venomoth began to carry out its commands. Its wings glowed white yet again, and Venomoth began to frantically dance around in circles, ducking and weaving as it pumped itself up. As the dance continued, the white sparkles appeared yet again, shedding from the Poison-type's wings and dispersing into the air below.

The reprocussions from Charizard's strike finally began to form, as a purple ring of energy formed on the ground below Venomoth. The energy began to solidify, hardening into a ring of solid rocks. Without warning, and in the middle of the Bug-type's sacred dance, the rocks flew off the ground and directly towards Venomoth. Having sped up considerably, Venomoth was more than prepared for the onslaught of rocks. She dodged, dove, ducked, dipped and dodged, weaving around the rocks as they slammed each other, exploding and creating a beautiful display of sparkling rocks, crumbling and disentegrating towards the ground. As all the rocks were destroyed, Venomoth looked proud, having successfully evaded the onslaught. Charizard simply looked annoyed.

Round Over

Challenger Velocity

[Chell] Charizard (F)
Energy: 75

Leader Dino

[Zana] Venomoth (F)
HP: 77
Status: +3 ATK, +3 SPATK, +4 SPD (3x Quiver Dance, Tailwind [in one round, -1 SPD])

Arena Notes:
Tiles
The tile that Charizard began on is glowing green. There is another tile in front and below Venomoth that is glowing green.

Referee Notes:
Venomoth's Quiver Dance:
Venomoth: -6 Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 SPATK

Charizard's Rock Tomb:
Venomoth: Missed!
Charizard: -5 Energy
Accuracy rolled a 92 where rolling more than 80 resulted in this action missing the target.

Venomoth's Quiver Dance:
Venomoth: -6 Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 SPATK

Charizard's Rock Tomb:
Venomoth: Missed!
Charizard: -5 Energy
Accuracy rolled a 89 where rolling more than 80 resulted in this action missing the target.

~ Dino, your action commands, please.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 10-29-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Baton Pass ~ Scald

Aquae

Octillery
Ability: Moody
Caught: Starter
Evolved: Evolution Dojo

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

[Justice] Luxray (F)
Ability: Intimidate
Signature Move: None

Switch ~ Mud Slap

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Round 4

Challenger Velocity

[Chell] Charizard (F)

Leader Dino

[Zana] Venomoth (F)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Status: +3 ATK, +3 SPATK, +4 SPD (3x Quiver Dance, Tailwind [in one round, -1 SPD])

While both Venomoth and Charizard appeared to be more than ready for more battling, their Trainer's both had different plans. Velocity threw her PokéBall at her dragon, and the red light engulfed her back into the ball. The ball, as if magnetized, flew back to Velocity, and all the green lit tiles suddenly went black. Charizard's etheral Substitute, which hadn't moved since its original creation, suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke, as its owner left the field. Velocity threw another ball in its place, releasing a black, lion-like Pokémon onto the battlefield. The tile below it glowed green as it flexed and prepared for battle. Luxray roared loudly, the sound verbrating off the walls of the stadium. Venomoth appeared a little shaken, but certainly not out of the fight.

Venomoth, on the other hand, took a different approach to the switch. It began to slow down considerably, losing its vigor, as if it were purposely slowing itself down. As the vigor died down, Venomoth was surrounded by a bright orange aura. The Leader pulled out a PokéBall, recalling Venomoth, but an afterimage of orange energy remained in its place. Dino threw another Ball out, and a red, octopus-like Pokémon landed below where the Poison-type fluttered. The orange afterimage began to dissolve, as the energy fell onto Octillery. She then began to subtly mimic Venomoth's speedy and vigorous movement, as the transfer of energy had been completed.

Octillery, taking advantage of its new found power, drew its head back as it quickly raised its body temperature. As it reached dangerously high levels, the Water-type shot a stream of boiling water towards Luxray. The beam shot incredibly fast, and Luxray had no time to dodge, and was scaled by the torrent. The Electric-type howled in pain as it stumbled around, but quickly got back into the fight.

Luxray lept off its tile (which then stopped glowing) and pranced across the field, green tiles lighting up as it paved its way across the field. Luxray, as it closed in on its target, began to shake wildly, as its dirty fur and the water from Scald began to make quite the muddy mess - it was apparent that Luxray hadn't had a bath in quite some time. Using her hind legs, Luxray kicked some of the mud around, much to Octillery's dismay, spalshing directly into its eyes. Luxray pounced backwards, sliding across the now muddy floor to gain some distance.

Octillery, while annoyed, was not out for the fight, and began to rapidly glow colors - one a bright red, and quickly a soft tan, before returning to normal again.

Round Over

Challenger Velocity

[Justice] Luxray (F)
HP: 87
Energy: 98
Ability: Intimidate

Leader Dino

[Aquae] Octillery (F)
HP: 96
Energy: 93
Ability: Moody
Status: +1 ATK, +3 SPATK, +3 SPD, -1 ACC, +2 EVA (Baton Pass [3x Quiver Dance], Intimidate, Mud-Slap, Moody)

Arena Notes:
Tiles
I realized I was doing these "wrong" the whole time... I haven't been rolling. However, Charizard didn't move much on the ground during the battle and only lit up two titles during the battle, so it doesn't really matter. I didn't realize however, that the tiles dim after the Pokémon leaves the tiles, so:

Charizard's original space, Luxray's original space (in front on Charizard) and around the Leader's Octillery
aTile where Octillery sits now, directly under where Venomoth began. This position also happens to be surrounded by green tiles.

Referee Notes:
Charizard's Switch:
Charizard was switched for Luxray! Charizard's Substitute broke!

Luxray's Intimidate:
Venomoth: -1 ATK

Venomoth's Baton Pass:
Venomoth: -2 ATK, -3 SPATK, -3 SPD, -6 Energy
Octillery: +3 ATK, +3 SPATK, +3 SPD

Octillery's Scald:
Octillery: -7 Energy
Luxray: -13 HP

Luxray's Mud-Slap:
Luxray: -2 Energy
Octillery: -4 HP, -1 ACC

Octillery's Moody:
Octillery: -1 ATK, +2 EVA

Tailwind's effect ended.

Team Notes:
Dino: Venomoth (77 | 69)
Velocity: Charizard (99 | 75)

~ Velocity, your action commands, please.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I don't like his high stats much... Roar him out. If you simply miss the first turn, use it again. If however he protects or Subs, switch to a double Howl.

Roar/Howl ~ Roar/Howl

Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
"Octopuses lack hearing organs"
Uhhhh.... anyway.

Cover your ear holes for the rest of the round, since you can hear my commands.
Use your tentacles and be sure to make use of your suction cups to completely block the sound. Then since your mouth is still free, squirt him with some gunk.

Cover ~ Octazooka

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Opening this for reffing, since it's pretty clear Justin isn't going to ref it. :P

Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Challenger [Velocity] vs. Shocking! Gym Leader [Dino]

Round Five

Challenger Velocity

[Justice] Luxray (F)

HP: 87%
Energy: 98%
Condition: Feeling pretty good
Moves: Roar/Howl ~ Roar/Howl

Leader Dino

[Aquae] Octillery (F)

HP: 96%
Energy: 93%
Condition: Feeling good; +1 Attack, +3 Special Attack, +3 Speed, -1 Accuracy, +2 Evasion
Moves: Cover ears ~ Octazooka

Velocity wasn’t happy with all the extra strength that Aquae had inherited. She knew that she would have to force the octopus out if she wanted to avoid an uphill battle; fortunately, she knew exactly what she could use to do this. However, the Gym Leader was one step ahead of her and Octillery’s tentacles were already wrapped around her head to protect her hearing organs from what was about to happen. Sure enough, Justice soon began to roar at the top of her voice in an attempt to intimidate her opponent into fleeing back to her poké ball. Just as Dino had hoped, the tentacles blocked out the sound and Aquae stayed on the field.

Now it was time for the Octillery to fight back – her tentacles shifted slightly to reveal a cone-shaped mouth and a single eye, which she used to locate her opponent. Orange light flared around her mouth, and a blast of energy was fired at Justice. The Luxray skipped sideways, easily avoiding the blast. She smiled to herself, realising that her trick from last round had paid off. Now she just needed to get rid of the octopus so that she would have an even playing field.

The lion-like pokémon stretched its jaw and released a powerful, ferocious roar, but Aquae’s tentacles were already fully covering her body once again. When the roar stopped, Justice was left glaring at the unmoving ball of limbs, appalled that she hadn’t been able to get rid of it. She would have to work harder next round, but it still wouldn’t be easy. The Octillery’s body had began to pulse in different colours, and she began to feel her eyes sharpen and focus, the dirt that had irritated them having been removed, and her attack strength decrease as her ability reorganised her strengths and weaknesses

Challenger Velocity

[Justice] Luxray (F)

HP: 87%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Pretty fed up

Leader Dino

[Aquae] Octillery (F)

Energy: 85%
Condition: Still covering herself in suction cups; +1 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +3 Speed, +1 Accuracy, +2 Evasion

Notes
Cover ears- (Octillery -3% Energy, sound-based moves fail)
Roar- (Luxray -5% Energy; does not affect Octillery)
Octazooka- (Rolled 96/100, 64 or less to hit; Octillery -5% Energy)
Roar- (Luxray -5% Energy; does not affect Octillery)
Moody- (Octillery +2 Accuracy, -1 Special Attack)

Arena Notes
Luxray- (Rolled 57/100, 20 or less to step on a tile)
Octillery- (Rolled 52/100, 20 or less to step on a tile)

Team Notes
Dino
4 pokémon remaining
Zana: 77% HP; 69% Energy
Velocity
4 pokémon remaining
Chell: 99% HP; 75% Energy
Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Make sure to continue covering your ears.

Wait until she begins to set up for her attack, then use Surf against the left wall to both flip the stadium and mess Justice up.

Then use mud-shot.

Surf (against left wall) ~ Mud-shot

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Troll him with Quick Attack, then use Swift to cut through all those globs of nasty mud and deal damage to Aquae.

Quick Attack ~ Swift

Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Six

Leader: Dino

[Aquae] Octillery (F)
Moody
Condition: Covering herself in suction cups; +1 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +3 Speed, +1 Accuracy, +2 Evasion
Surf ~ Mud Shot

Challenger: Velocity

[Justice] Luxray (F)
Intimidate
Condition: Pretty fed up
Quick Attack ~ Swift

Justice growled and shook her mane. She was annoyed at how badly the previous round had gone for her and determined that this round was going to be better. She began by putting her head down and charging at Aquae as quickly as she could. The Octillery caught of guard by such a hasty attack; there was no way for her to avoid the attack. Still, she noted with some satisfaction that she seemed to be aggravating her opponent quite substantially.

She intended to continue to wind her up for a little while longer. The octopus summoned, seemingly from nowhere, a large wave of water, which she then proceeded to smash against the wall to her left. The tiles were too strong to be broken by the attack, but there was enough force to make the whole arena tip to the left. After that, it was a case of trying to find something to hold onto, as the ground suddenly decided to become a wall. The pokemon tumbled to the ground and picked themselves up again quickly, each watching for the other to make the next move.

Aquae broke the deadlock by firing several globules of thick, muddy gloop at Justice. The Luxray returned fire with a barrage of shining stars. Each star honed in on and eliminated one of the globules, sending splashes of mud all over the place. Some stars managed to get past and injure Aquae, but their effect was essentially negligible.

After this exchange, Justice stepped forwards to get closer to her opponent in preparation for the next round. Unfortunately, the tile onto which he stepped was illuminated purple from when Aquae had fallen on it. The Luxray’s eyes suddenly went cloudy as a thick fog that only she could see descended. The next round wasn’t going to be fun at all.

Leader: Dino

[Aquae] Octillery (F)
Moody
HP: 88%
Energy: 70%
Condition: Feeling good; +1 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +2 Special Defence, +2 Speed, +1 Accuracy, +2 Evasion

Challenger: Velocity

[Justice] Luxray (F)
Intimidate
Energy: 75%
Condition: Where did everyone go?; Under the effects of Fog (1 round)

Battle Notes
Quick Attack
Accuracy: Rolled 22, 60 or less to hit
Critical: Rolled 3960, 625 or less required
HP: Octillery -7%
Energy: Luxray -4%
Surf
Effect: The room was flipped
Energy: Octillery -8%
Mud Shot
Energy: Octillery -7% Energy
Swift
Critical: Rolled 778, 625 or less required
HP: Octillery -1%
Energy: Luxray -6%
Moody
Octillery +2 Special Defence, -1 Speed

Area Notes
Octillery: Rolled 70, 20 or less for effect
Luxray: Rolled 9, 20 or less for effect; rolled 9, suffers from the effects of Fog next round

Team Notes
Dino
4 pokemon remaining
Zana: 77% HP; 75% Energy
Velocity
4 pokemon remaining
Chell: 99% HP; 75% Energy

I don't know where that water came from, but I have a feeling that somewhere, a fish is having a very bad day.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Velocity, you have 24 hours until you are DQ'd.

/Late

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I'm not having a whole lot of fun, here.

I can't believe I didn't think of these things before; use Magnet Rise to prevent accidentally tripping the tiles, and follow it up with Shock Wave. If Aquae protects on turn two, frustrate her with a Double Team.

Magnet Rise ~ Shock Wave/Double Team

Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Start with toxic, then use Mud-Slap to cover yourself and protect yourself from the electric attack.

Toxic ~ Mud-Slap

lv.100@1618
Links

Closed Thread