Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][1/9] sign up ends 6/17

So arePokemon only learning moves they did in the R/B/Y series or can it be any move they could have ever learned in any generation of games?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][6/9] sign up ends 6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
@ Sealboy accepted ! welcome to the team. your back story wasnt bad. I would have like a little more character development,but the basic history is down
I rushed it - I need to write an article for my local magazine, and today is the only day I have free to do it . I needed to get my SU out of the way so I would have the time today xP

I promise my character development will take place within my posts in the RP - it's what I do anyway P:

~Sealboyno1

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][6/9] sign up ends 6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
So arePokemon only learning moves they did in the R/B/Y series or can it be any move they could have ever learned in any generation of games?

you have access to all moves a pokemon would get in any game, but you wont start out with every move. It would be like in the game you can add moves as time goes on. we can add move tutor people in the story if you guys want that, but the moves play little to no part in the story. the story of your battles and what you did are all that matter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealboyno1 View Post
I rushed it - I need to write an article for my local magazine, and today is the only day I have free to do it . I needed to get my SU out of the way so I would have the time today xP

I promise my character development will take place within my posts in the RP - it's what I do anyway P:

~Sealboyno1
dont worry about it !

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][1/9] sign up ends 6/17

I'd like to be reserved as the Earth Trainer, please

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
I'd like to be reserved as the Earth Trainer, please
all the spots are reserved !!! now everyone has until sunday to finish there Sign Up! if you have a questions please post in the GCeA Club thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][5/9] sign up ends 6/17

Name: Quinn
Class: Light Mage!
Specializations: Quinn has a special bondage of Normal-type Pokemon more than any other types. Even though Light Mages have more choices than Normal.
Appearance: (Even though he's a guy, real men wear pink!)
Personality: Quinn's more of a...shy kind of guy. He doesn't like to talk so much unless it's with family or close friends. Yet, he's very nice. He likes to do more for others rather than for himself. Unless it's someone who's been mean to him/one of his friends. Then he get's angry. He will try to do everything he can to stop the bully.
History: Quinn's always loved living in Kanto. It was his favorite place to live. But, his family had to move all over the place. From Kanto to Unova. He found a Cleffa one night in Mt. Moon when they used to permanently lived in Kanto. The Cleffa was very nice to him, as were the others, but that Cleffa in particular. He named it Virgo, after one of the constellations in the sky. He loves looking up at constellations on a clear night. After that, it seemed that his parents wanted to move all over the place. At least he had Virgo. But, every year, he'd make sure that they'd visit Kanto so Cleffa could see all of it's friends again.
Start Pokemon: Virgo/Cleffa (F) Obtained from Mt. Moon
Other: Derp. And Quinn likes to name his Pokemon after famous constellations in the night sky.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 06-16-2012, 03:28 AM
most duded Offline

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][5/9] sign up ends 6/17

I would like a dark mage reserve please.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

Name: Eli Conner
Class: Earth Trainer
Specializations: No powers, just lil’ ol’ me.

Appearance: Eli is not what you’d expect the son of a dock worker to look like. Instead of being a burly, mass of muscle with no neck, Eli inherited heavily from his mother’s end of the gene pool. Eli is one of the shortest kids in his class, and is so frail that a slight breeze will knock him over. His baggy sweatshirts conceal a frame comparable to that of a twig, and his faded blue jeans do the same for his knobby knees. Even with the hood up, Eli’s piercing green eyes can be seen, but it does a spectacular job of hiding his mop of dirty blond hair, another gift from his mother. As you might have guessed from all the unassuming clothing, Eli is well-versed in blending into the background, a survival skill you learn early on as the runt. Even some of his friends have trouble remembering if Eli was present at an event or not.

Personality: Eli Conner does not want to make a fuss, or really be noticed in any way whatsoever. After all, most of the attention he’s gotten in the past has been negative in the teasing, wedgie, and swirly vein. But just because he likes to stay out of the spotlight doesn’t mean that Eli is completely unaware of others. Actually his history with tormentors and unassuming attitude has allowed him to be an excellent observer of others. Eli is very empathic, although this talent isn’t often applied to the extent of say, a conversation with someone. But under the shy exterior, there is a stubborn, strong part of Eli. The main reason Eli wants to become a Pokemon trainer is to get away from the depressing life he has now and try to find his own path in the world, preferably one that can support his aging father.

History: As one could guess from the marriage of a high school drop out and a dock hand, Eli’s parents didn’t have an easy relationship. After Eli was born, his dad, Jacob, had to start working longer hours and doing more questionable jobs with the Vermillion City mob. One night, when Eli wasn’t more than four, he was waiting with his mother at the bus stop for his father when it started to rain. Not wanting to give up on her husband in front of their son, Sheryl insisted that they wait for him even as the minutes turned to hours. As bus after bus passed them, the rain began to fall. Still, Eli’s mother refused to stop having faith. She wrapped her son in her coat and took the downpour with her head held high. Half an hour later, Jacob showed up and they walked home under the cover of the man’s leather duster. But the damage was already done, both Eli and his mother had developed pneumonia, but because of Sheryl giving him her coat, the little boy made it through, suffering for only a few weeks before recovering. His mother was not so lucky.

After Sheryl died, the hospital bills nearly finished off the rest of the Conners. But Jacob took on more jobs, and once he turned ten, Eli tried to help out. But even though he had heard about other boys getting jobs at the docks, nobody wanted a runt like Eli. Frustrated, Eli tried begging for a chance to prove himself, but it was all for naught. Desperate, on his way home, Eli snatched a tourist’s purse off of her chair while she enjoyed one of the few restaurants in the part of Vermillion with the nerve to call itself a café. Less than a block later, Eli was overcome with guilt and walked into an alley to throw up. After a bit of retching, Eli tried to find the woman to return the bag, but she was gone. Eli silently put the purse back on her chair and ran home, refusing to look back, refusing to believe anything except that she had come back and retrieved what he had taken.

Two years later, Eli’s dad told him that he saved enough money to send his son to Viridian in order to become a Pokemon Trainer. Eli promised his dad that he would make him proud and would send home money so that Jacob could live an easier life.

Starter Pokemon: Meister the Machop
Eli met his Machop a few weeks after the purse incident. A couple of boys were threatening to drop Eli in a trashcan when a worker’s Machop stumbled upon them. Adolescent males proved to be no challenge for the muscular Pokemon. After sending them running, Eli took the Machop back to his owner. He tried to thank the man, but he just waved the kid and Pokemon away, muttering that a Pokemon who wandered off during a job was of no use to him.

Other:
I hope this is an acceptable interpretation of what an Earth Trainer is.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Name: Quinn
Class: Light Mage!
Specializations: Quinn has a special bondage of Normal-type Pokemon more than any other types. Even though Light Mages have more choices than Normal.
Appearance: (Even though he's a guy, real men wear pink!)
Personality: Quinn's more of a...shy kind of guy. He doesn't like to talk so much unless it's with family or close friends. Yet, he's very nice. He likes to do more for others rather than for himself. Unless it's someone who's been mean to him/one of his friends. Then he get's angry. He will try to do everything he can to stop the bully.
History: Quinn's always loved living in Kanto. It was his favorite place to live. But, his family had to move all over the place. From Kanto to Unova. He found a Cleffa one night in Mt. Moon when they used to permanently lived in Kanto. The Cleffa was very nice to him, as were the others, but that Cleffa in particular. He named it Virgo, after one of the constellations in the sky. He loves looking up at constellations on a clear night. After that, it seemed that his parents wanted to move all over the place. At least he had Virgo. But, every year, he'd make sure that they'd visit Kanto so Cleffa could see all of it's friends again.
Start Pokemon: Virgo/Cleffa (F) Obtained from Mt. Moon
Other: Derp. And Quinn likes to name his Pokemon after famous constellations in the night sky.
I would have liked a little more history, if its possible to add more please do.
Other then that your accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by most duded View Post
I would like a dark mage reserve please.
right now thats resereved, youll have to wait until after sunday to find out if we have any openings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
Name: Eli Conner
Class: Earth Trainer
Specializations: No powers, just lil’ ol’ me.

Appearance: Eli is not what you’d expect the son of a dock worker to look like. Instead of being a burly, mass of muscle with no neck, Eli inherited heavily from his mother’s end of the gene pool. Eli is one of the shortest kids in his class, and is so frail that a slight breeze will knock him over. His baggy sweatshirts conceal a frame comparable to that of a twig, and his faded blue jeans do the same for his knobby knees. Even with the hood up, Eli’s piercing green eyes can be seen, but it does a spectacular job of hiding his mop of dirty blond hair, another gift from his mother. As you might have guessed from all the unassuming clothing, Eli is well-versed in blending into the background, a survival skill you learn early on as the runt. Even some of his friends have trouble remembering if Eli was present at an event or not.

Personality: Eli Conner does not want to make a fuss, or really be noticed in any way whatsoever. After all, most of the attention he’s gotten in the past has been negative in the teasing, wedgie, and swirly vein. But just because he likes to stay out of the spotlight doesn’t mean that Eli is completely unaware of others. Actually his history with tormentors and unassuming attitude has allowed him to be an excellent observer of others. Eli is very empathic, although this talent isn’t often applied to the extent of say, a conversation with someone. But under the shy exterior, there is a stubborn, strong part of Eli. The main reason Eli wants to become a Pokemon trainer is to get away from the depressing life he has now and try to find his own path in the world, preferably one that can support his aging father.

History: As one could guess from the marriage of a high school drop out and a dock hand, Eli’s parents didn’t have an easy relationship. After Eli was born, his dad, Jacob, had to start working longer hours and doing more questionable jobs with the Vermillion City mob. One night, when Eli wasn’t more than four, he was waiting with his mother at the bus stop for his father when it started to rain. Not wanting to give up on her husband in front of their son, Sheryl insisted that they wait for him even as the minutes turned to hours. As bus after bus passed them, the rain began to fall. Still, Eli’s mother refused to stop having faith. She wrapped her son in her coat and took the downpour with her head held high. Half an hour later, Jacob showed up and they walked home under the cover of the man’s leather duster. But the damage was already done, both Eli and his mother had developed pneumonia, but because of Sheryl giving him her coat, the little boy made it through, suffering for only a few weeks before recovering. His mother was not so lucky.

After Sheryl died, the hospital bills nearly finished off the rest of the Conners. But Jacob took on more jobs, and once he turned ten, Eli tried to help out. But even though he had heard about other boys getting jobs at the docks, nobody wanted a runt like Eli. Frustrated, Eli tried begging for a chance to prove himself, but it was all for naught. Desperate, on his way home, Eli snatched a tourist’s purse off of her chair while she enjoyed one of the few restaurants in the part of Vermillion with the nerve to call itself a café. Less than a block later, Eli was overcome with guilt and walked into an alley to throw up. After a bit of retching, Eli tried to find the woman to return the bag, but she was gone. Eli silently put the purse back on her chair and ran home, refusing to look back, refusing to believe anything except that she had come back and retrieved what he had taken.

Two years later, Eli’s dad told him that he saved enough money to send his son to Viridian in order to become a Pokemon Trainer. Eli promised his dad that he would make him proud and would send home money so that Jacob could live an easier life.

Starter Pokemon: Meister the Machop
Eli met his Machop a few weeks after the purse incident. A couple of boys were threatening to drop Eli in a trashcan when a worker’s Machop stumbled upon them. Adolescent males proved to be no challenge for the muscular Pokemon. After sending them running, Eli took the Machop back to his owner. He tried to thank the man, but he just waved the kid and Pokemon away, muttering that a Pokemon who wandered off during a job was of no use to him.

Other:
I hope this is an acceptable interpretation of what an Earth Trainer is.
great story ! i like your spin off the ground trainer

Old 06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
most duded Offline

then can i reserve grass ace trainer.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by most duded View Post
then can i reserve grass ace trainer.
all the spots are reserved as of right now. ill let you know after the deadline if anything is open

Old 06-16-2012, 04:24 PM
most duded Offline

alright. dang it. i hope a spot opens up.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Name: Leah Reed

Class: Ace Trainer (Fire)

Specializations: Being an Ace Trainer, Leah is well-acquainted with the subject of Pokémon. She’s also a good photographer, which will serve her well in documenting her findings.

Appearance: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a5/GenILass.png

No joke, Leah looks quite like the typical member of the Lass class. However, there are key differences worth noting. Her outfit has a very Japanese school uniform look, with a short red plaid skirt and a crisp white shirt. The sleeves of said top are bordered with the same shade prominent in the skirt, and a matching neckerchief completes the look. To avoid any awkward situations, however, the girl has chosen to wear black tights, which reach down to her chocolate brown loafers. Most of her clothing has the same academic look, with nearly identical colours.

As for physical features, the girl has very light blonde hair. None of that golden stuff that litters fairly tales, her locks are much closer to white. They are thick and reach down past her shoulders, never to be tied in any way. A wispy chunk of bang falls dead between her haze coloured almond eyes.

In terms of accessories, Leah wears a silver watch around her right wrist. She also has pearl earings and a large satchel matching her shoes.

Personality: When picturing the stereotypical persona of a fire-type trainer, Leah is defiantly not the first character to come to mind. Out-spoken, energetic and confident aren’t accurate adjectives to describe her, not in the slightest. In fact, the girl is more of an observer then a speaker, rarely being the one to begin a conversation. She will respond if spoken to, however, expect quick, impersonal replies. Her voice, although monotone would be stretching it, isn’t very emotive and it is difficult to gage any personal feelings from the tone used. Facial features a better bet, although a stranger would have a hard time using that as well. In short, Leah does not read like an open book, and is quite skilled at hiding emotions. Behind her mask of “meh” lies a weary perfectionist who is desperate for approval. Good luck prying that out…

Fitting the Ace Trainer, the girl is very knowledgeable and has an undying curiosity. Being left in the dark about information and happenings does not suit her, expect attempts to rectify this. As such, Leah can be seen as a determined, hard-working individual, the latter being especially true. She is very demanding of herself, sometimes going to the point of exhaustion while studying or researching. Of course, this being coupled with her perfectionist qualities make for a volatile combination…

As one may expect, Leah is not one to rush into situations. She feels more comfortable thinking her moves through, and is a horrible improviser. Her lying skills are weak, which is compensated with bare replies or pure silence. This makes claims of her honesty valid, as the girl rarely does try to weave tall tales, knowing it will more-likely-then-not fail. And, Leah detests personal failure, but is oddly excepting of it when it comes from others.

Her long love of fire Pokémon stems from pure envy, she does enjoy their passionate, energetic and confidant qualities. That may be linked to her own repressed status…

History: Trying to peg Leah’s behavior on her past… would be a very accurate genre savvy move. Much of her social issues do stem from the way she was brought up and the experiences lived through.

In reality, the problem started almost immediately. See, her father was education happy, having risen from poverty into the well off class by working hard, and wanted his child to pursue her studies seriously. Her maternal parent also had the same philosophy, but was more of perfectionist than anything else. Thus, Leah was raised in a very specific frame, to an alchemically successful child.

Indeed, Leah was a good student. But not up to the standards that had been set for her, and was often met with dissatisfaction. Her parents weren’t abusive, that must be mentioned, but they were strict and very hard to please. Time other kids spent socialising and having fun were pooled into study, which ended up costing her most chances to make friends.

A lack of proper social contact made, despite her fairly normal appearance, the girl a target for bullies. It wasn’t anything terribly harsh, but the consistency of the teasing ended up taking its toll. Leah learned how to craft a mask, and was able to hide her emotions behind the wall of indifference. Eventually, the other grew tired of the lack of response and moved on. The girl, on the other hand, without the encouragement to speak up, didn’t.

As she grew older, getting parental approval was slipping beyond her capabilities. They, especially her mother, began expecting more and more. Verbal aggression wasn’t uncommon, but didn’t escalate to anything authorities would consider abusive. Still, Leah tried to gain a supportive “good job,” but those words didn’t come.

Learning about Pokémon was pleasant, she’d have to admit. During her early teenage years, fire types became her favourite, and the girl grew more interested in the creatures. She took up photography to cope with the growing familial and internal pressure, which ended up helping her compose the essay that got her accepted to the academy.
Leah was able to gain clearance to attend, but with much difficulty…

Start Pokemon: When Leah became an Ace Trainer, she was finally given the chance to own a Pokémon of her very own, which ended being a young Eevee. Axel, it is worth noting, wasn’t her name of choice, but was already assigned to him.

Other:

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 06-17-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
Name: Leah Reed

Class: Ace Trainer (Fire)

Specializations: Being an Ace Trainer, Leah is well-acquainted with the subject of Pokémon. She’s also a good photographer, which will serve her well in documenting her findings.

Appearance: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a5/GenILass.png

No joke, Leah looks quite like the typical member of the Lass class. However, there are key differences worth noting. Her outfit has a very Japanese school uniform look, with a short red plaid skirt and a crisp white shirt. The sleeves of said top are bordered with the same shade prominent in the skirt, and a matching neckerchief completes the look. To avoid any awkward situations, however, the girl has chosen to wear black tights, which reach down to her chocolate brown loafers. Most of her clothing has the same academic look, with nearly identical colours.

As for physical features, the girl has very light blonde hair. None of that golden stuff that litters fairly tales, her locks are much closer to white. They are thick and reach down past her shoulders, never to be tied in any way. A wispy chunk of bang falls dead between her haze coloured almond eyes.

In terms of accessories, Leah wears a silver watch around her right wrist. She also has pearl earings and a large satchel matching her shoes.

Personality: When picturing the stereotypical persona of a fire-type trainer, Leah is defiantly not the first character to come to mind. Out-spoken, energetic and confident aren’t accurate adjectives to describe her, not in the slightest. In fact, the girl is more of an observer then a speaker, rarely being the one to begin a conversation. She will respond if spoken to, however, expect quick, impersonal replies. Her voice, although monotone would be stretching it, isn’t very emotive and it is difficult to gage any personal feelings from the tone used. Facial features a better bet, although a stranger would have a hard time using that as well. In short, Leah does not read like an open book, and is quite skilled at hiding emotions. Behind her mask of “meh” lies a weary perfectionist who is desperate for approval. Good luck prying that out…

Fitting the Ace Trainer, the girl is very knowledgeable and has an undying curiosity. Being left in the dark about information and happenings does not suit her, expect attempts to rectify this. As such, Leah can be seen as a determined, hard-working individual, the latter being especially true. She is very demanding of herself, sometimes going to the point of exhaustion while studying or researching. Of course, this being coupled with her perfectionist qualities make for a volatile combination…

As one may expect, Leah is not one to rush into situations. She feels more comfortable thinking her moves through, and is a horrible improviser. Her lying skills are weak, which is compensated with bare replies or pure silence. This makes claims of her honesty valid, as the girl rarely does try to weave tall tales, knowing it will more-likely-then-not fail. And, Leah detests personal failure, but is oddly excepting of it when it comes from others.

Her long love of fire Pokémon stems from pure envy, she does enjoy their passionate, energetic and confidant qualities. That may be linked to her own repressed status…

History: Trying to peg Leah’s behavior on her past… would be a very accurate genre savvy move. Much of her social issues do stem from the way she was brought up and the experiences lived through.

In reality, the problem started almost immediately. See, her father was education happy, having risen from poverty into the well off class by working hard, and wanted his child to pursue her studies seriously. Her maternal parent also had the same philosophy, but was more of perfectionist than anything else. Thus, Leah was raised in a very specific frame, to an alchemically successful child.

Indeed, Leah was a good student. But not up to the standards that had been set for her, and was often met with dissatisfaction. Her parents weren’t abusive, that must be mentioned, but they were strict and very hard to please. Time other kids spent socialising and having fun were pooled into study, which ended up costing her most chances to make friends.

A lack of proper social contact made, despite her fairly normal appearance, the girl a target for bullies. It wasn’t anything terribly harsh, but the consistency of the teasing ended up taking its toll. Leah learned how to craft a mask, and was able to hide her emotions behind the wall of indifference. Eventually, the other grew tired of the lack of response and moved on. The girl, on the other hand, without the encouragement to speak up, didn’t.

As she grew older, getting parental approval was slipping beyond her capabilities. They, especially her mother, began expecting more and more. Verbal aggression wasn’t uncommon, but didn’t escalate to anything authorities would consider abusive. Still, Leah tried to gain a supportive “good job,” but those words didn’t come.

Learning about Pokémon was pleasant, she’d have to admit. During her early teenage years, fire types became her favourite, and the girl grew more interested in the creatures. She took up photography to cope with the growing familial and internal pressure, which ended up helping her compose the essay that got her accepted to the academy.
Leah was able to gain clearance to attend, but with much difficulty…

Start Pokemon: When Leah became an Ace Trainer, she was finally given the chance to own a Pokémon of her very own, which ended being a young Eevee. Axel, it is worth noting, wasn’t her name of choice, but was already assigned to him.

Other:
I like the story, you are approved.

It seems like were gathering a group of shy trainers..lol
Everyone please remember to be picked for this first group was an honor.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I'll try to get Shay finished up real soon here. Sorry for the delay.