Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
CloudyPikachu Offline

Default Help, Please, I'm worried!

Well, I recently heard about the Ash in a Coma Theory, and it made me so worried, I'm now almost unable to continue watching the anime. Someone please help D:

Last edited by Digital; 06-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Help, Please, I'm worried!

Look, let me level with you.

First, the person who came up with the Coma Theory never thought of the audience. The only reason Ash stays 10 is because of the new audience every year who've never heard of Ash and think he's just beginning his adventure. So, no worries. You can continue watching the anime if you want. The Coma Theory is false.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 06-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Why is it that it made you worried? o: You must remember with the theories that they are merely guesses, speculations, that you should try not to give any credit to. Even if it seems like they are based on pretty solid evidence, it is still a mere guess that doesn't really hold any kind of truth.

I mean, I don't like this theory. I think half of the stuff sounds ridiculous, to be honest. xD Plus, the main thing is that I don't want to believe that theory. It's not how I see the anime, not what I want it to be, and I do not believe that the creators intended for it to be this way. With theories, what people do is that they twist one thing to seem like another, or they use it to their advantage because it fits an aspect of their theory. I mean, that's the anime universe--that's their world, and I don't believe that a simple coma would be able to create that kind of detail.

You think about when you dream. How much detail accompanies your unconscious thoughts? Not much, I would wager. I mean, when I dream, the detail includes maybe the hair colour of a person, or their name. On top of that, we know for a fact that Ash discovers all the pokemon as he goes through his journey. He is constantly coming across new pokemon he has never heard of before, let alone seen, which is why he had his pokedex and why he needs to go on this journey, or at least it's an aspect. He learns as we learn.

Now tell me, how do you think that, if Ash WAS in this coma, he knows details - let alone anything at all - about any of these pokemon he has never encountered? He cannot make them up. He also cannot make up Misty, Brock, Team Rocket, Giovanni, or anybody else. Do you know why? Because the fandom of Pokemon is not based on the anime, and therefore things already existed in the games, the merchandise, manga, etc, as they all came before the anime. How could he dream of people he had never met? Real people that exist in that universe, as well as all the pokemon, the cities--everything. They all exist without the anime, so it is not based on the anime, and therefore it's not JUST things that happen/exist in the anime, and therefore are not things Ash has made up in this "coma," which is a major flaw to this theory.

Ash cannot be in a coma; the theory is meant for mere amusement, and not to be taken seriously, even if you didn't intend for that to happen--what I mean is that I'm sure the person who created this theory - and remember, a theory is all it is - would not have wanted to worry people.

So try not to worry about it. :] There is far more evidence against the theory than supporting it. ^^ I hope you can continue to enjoy the anime!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
CloudyPikachu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Why is it that it made you worried? o: You must remember with the theories that they are merely guesses, speculations, that you should try not to give any credit to. Even if it seems like they are based on pretty solid evidence, it is still a mere guess that doesn't really hold any kind of truth.

I mean, I don't like this theory. I think half of the stuff sounds ridiculous, to be honest. xD Plus, the main thing is that I don't want to believe that theory. It's not how I see the anime, not what I want it to be, and I do not believe that the creators intended for it to be this way. With theories, what people do is that they twist one thing to seem like another, or they use it to their advantage because it fits an aspect of their theory. I mean, that's the anime universe--that's their world, and I don't believe that a simple coma would be able to create that kind of detail.

You think about when you dream. How much detail accompanies your unconscious thoughts? Not much, I would wager. I mean, when I dream, the detail includes maybe the hair colour of a person, or their name. On top of that, we know for a fact that Ash discovers all the pokemon as he goes through his journey. He is constantly coming across new pokemon he has never heard of before, let alone seen, which is why he had his pokedex and why he needs to go on this journey, or at least it's an aspect. He learns as we learn.

Now tell me, how do you think that, if Ash WAS in this coma, he knows details - let alone anything at all - about any of these pokemon he has never encountered? He cannot make them up. He also cannot make up Misty, Brock, Team Rocket, Giovanni, or anybody else. Do you know why? Because the fandom of Pokemon is not based on the anime, and therefore things already existed in the games, the merchandise, manga, etc, as they all came before the anime. How could he dream of people he had never met? Real people that exist in that universe, as well as all the pokemon, the cities--everything. They all exist without the anime, so it is not based on the anime, and therefore it's not JUST things that happen/exist in the anime, and therefore are not things Ash has made up in this "coma," which is a major flaw to this theory.

Ash cannot be in a coma; the theory is meant for mere amusement, and not to be taken seriously, even if you didn't intend for that to happen--what I mean is that I'm sure the person who created this theory - and remember, a theory is all it is - would not have wanted to worry people.

So try not to worry about it. :] There is far more evidence against the theory than supporting it. ^^ I hope you can continue to enjoy the anime!

~GS.
Did The Pokemon Company, say whether this theory is true or not? I keep thinking that maybe it said it's true...D:
I worry a lot D:
Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyPikachu View Post
Did The Pokemon Company, say whether this theory is true or not? I keep thinking that maybe it said it's true...D:
I worry a lot D:
The theory was basically a story made by some guy who'd thought that it'd be funny. Don't worry about anything - it's as fake as Unicorns P:

Plus, they wouldn't make an Anime about a kid in a coma - it would have bad effects on the young audience (3-10 (maybe 10...) year-olds). Don't worry :)

~Sealboyno1

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:38 PM
CloudyPikachu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealboyno1 View Post
The theory was basically a story made by some guy who'd thought that it'd be funny. Don't worry about anything - it's as fake as Unicorns P:

Plus, they wouldn't make an Anime about a kid in a coma - it would have bad effects on the young audience (3-10 (maybe 10...) year-olds). Don't worry :)

~Sealboyno1
Thanks everyone :D, I'm extremely happy right now. I'm not worried anymore.

I'm going to watch Pokemon.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

Now that the situation is solved, I think this thread can be locked.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread