Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Togepi Offline
Banned

Location: Tokyo, Japan. I live in the basement of Tokyo Pokemon Center
Send a message via AIM to Togepi
Default Toge-oge's Death Sprites

You may have heard of my old sprite shop. the sprites were horiible and shadingless. I took some time to learn how to shade, and these are what came out. With the exception of the Luvdics evolution, they are all Death Pokemon. I do requests.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:50 AM
gun6 Offline

Send a message via AIM to gun6
Default Re: Toge-oge's Death Sprites

They're still all complete rubbish. : / I suggest that you don't use completely different colors as means of shading... (not a red main color, blue dark color, and green darkest color.) Also, don't use the colors from the MSPaint pallette... they're just terrible, and blind many eyes every day.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:23 AM
Kylee the Larvitar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Post Re: Toge-oge's Death Sprites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togepi
You may have heard of my old sprite shop. the sprites were horiible and shadingless. I took some time to learn how to shade, and these are what came out. With the exception of the Luvdics evolution, they are all Death Pokemon. I do requests.

Goodness. What happened to Deoxys? Ever heard of edit colours. Maybe you should check it out.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Toge-oge's Death Sprites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvitar
Goodness. What happened to Deoxys? Ever heard of edit colours. Maybe you should check it out.
Can't help but agree, you can't really do anything in MS Paint if you only use the default colors. If those default colors are all you use, then it's impossible to do shading effects on the sprites, and therefore, it's never going to look just right. You've got to change those colors, its the only way.

Try doing that, and really work harder on those sprites. And look at the other examples of work around you and see how they do it. Don't copy them, but keep in mind what they're doing to make their sprites, and perhaps you'll get as good as they are.

Closed Thread