Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [War XI] Perfect Fusion <SU/DS>

Character name: Michelle Toya
Species: Human
Team: Eggman Empire
Appearance: Michelle, at first glance, seems to look a bit like a doll--one that you have a stand and maybe a case for and you put up on a shelf to look at because, while pretty, that doll is fragile. She seems to be of at least partly Asian heritage, coming to stand at a rather unimpressive height of 5" 4' and probably weighs about a hundred pounds soaking wet. Hair such an deep shade of red-ish brown that it appears to be mahogany in color hangs in loose ringlets to her shoulder blades and almond-shaped misty green eyes stand out against olive toned skin. Much like a doll, Michelle's eyes typically either appear to be unfocused and blank, or so focused the she appears to be staring through you, trying to set you on fire, though it is all dependent on her mood and what those around her are thinking. She is rarely ever seen smiling--in fact, you're more likely to catch her wearing a fairly neutral expression that suggests she is unaware of the physical world around her, something that isn't true at all, and many describe her as looking like she might shatter if you touch her.

Furthering her doll-like appearance, Michelle can commonly be found wearing various black shirts and camisoles, even the occasional dress under an army green denim dress that she wears like a jacket. This isn't a simplistic dress, either, it looks like it was based on the gothic lolita dress style, with a lace-up back and ruffled bottom as well as three-quarter sleeves that she rolls up to her elbows. She buttons up her dress/jacket to just under her chest, displaying the whatever black article of clothing she happens to be wearing under it at the time as well as a dark silver necklace formed of small chain links and a charm that looks like a heart-shaped cage, which rests at the base of her throat. Under her dress, Michelle also wears a pair of form-fitting dark blue jeans which have the knees ripped out, and have a few other tears in them as well, along with a pair of army green high top shoes to match her dress/jacket. She carries the very few things that she considers necessities in a simple black shoulder bag, and is often accompanied by at least one of her pokemon.
Personality: Michelle is a bit lacking where personality is concerned, as being able to hear the surface thoughts of people around her for as long as she can remember has eroded away at her sanity and ability to deal with people well, though small remnants of what she used to be and what she could have been still show up now and then. She is a fairly quiet girl, not outgoing in the least, though on an occasion where she is in a good mood, she will walk up to people who she can tell are lost and point them in the right direction. She is smart, she learned fairly how to apply the knowledge she gains from the minds of others to get what she wants, even if it means hurting someone else to do so, and isn't too bad with logic either, provided she's in a place with few to no people around so that she can think clearly. She thinks none too highly of people as a collective group, thanks to her past, and it has made her rather cold to all of humankind, no matter how nice they are to her--which is part of the reason she's sided with Eggman. She trusts no one aside from her pokemon, and will most likely keep it that way--in her past, trust has only led to pain, and she's tired of feeling pain.

Surprisingly, Michelle also still has a rarely seen childish side to her. She is kind to her pokemon and enjoys their company rather than the company of people (probably because they are about the only things living that really care about her), she tends to act almost normal around them, and nowhere else. There's a part of her that still wants to be accepted, and the eroded part of her sanity screams that this is how she can make people accept her. Among a crowd of people, she's just as likely to hold up against the tons of thoughts surrounding her as she is to break down, though being able to focus on something seems to help when you can convince her to go out into a crowd at all. Push her too far, and Michelle will lash out with whatever she can, be it her pokemon or words, whether the odds of her actually hurting who she is lashing out at are impossible or not.
History: Michelle was born the only child of a more wealthy family in Liliycove, Hoenn, but it quickly became clear that the young girl wasn't like other children. She commented to things gone unspoken, but thought, she could tell who did and did not really like her, she knew when people were telling lies or about to steal something and call them out on it. It was only when her parents called in a doctor did they realize their daughter was telepathic. As Michelle got older and her telepathy more powerful, things got worse. She could hear things from everyone and was unable to ignore it until it felt like her brain was going to overload, until finally she figured out how to tune the world out to some degree. Eventually she left home to find a place where she could live that she didn't have a ton of people around and where she could raise pokemon. She spent some time wandering Hoenn with her first pokemon--a Houndour she named Oka, when she met the Ralts that would become her Gardevoir, Cam. She woke one morning to find the pokemon curled up next to her side against her sleeping bag and the little pokemon's thoughts babbling through her head. She ventured Hoenn for just a little while longer before she decided to ditch the region entirely and moved on to Unova, where she decided to try and reinvent herself where she knew stories of "the psychic girl of Lilycove" would not be known as commonly as around Hoenn.

She spent a good amount of time in Unova while hiding her secret before moving on to Orre, hearing that it seemed to be a bit less populated than the other regions, and it while she was in Orre, minding her own business, that Robotnik arrived and took over. During the chaos of his takeover, she was stuck in Phenac, where she was subjected to hearing the thoughts of the city's citizens grow steadily louder in panic as they received word of his conquering of Kanto, then eventually Hoenn and Jhoto, then Orre itself. The moment Michelle realized that she could not hear the thoughts of the robots invading the city, she sought out Robotnik and offered him her help because not only would his roboticizing of everyone mean that she would not have to endure the crush of everyone else's voices in her head, but in her head, she thought of it as being a way to make everyone accept her. The only thing keeping her from being turned into a robot would be the fact that she's a telepath, which can prove to be useful at times, even if she hates the ability most of the time.
Pokemon team:
Musharna-Female-Evanescence
Kroodkodile-Male-Hook
Lilligant-Female-Fair
Houndour-Female-Oka
Gardevoir-Female-Camellia or "Cam" for short
Weapons: Nothing physical, but she will not hesitate to throw anything she might learn from your mind back at you.
Special powers: Yeah, this is mostly for Sonic Chars, I know, but it seems kind of silly it put the fact that she's a telepath somewhere else. Anyway, yeah, Michelle hears most of the thoughts of people within a ten foot radius of her without trying, and if she focuses it can be more. She also usually only tends to hear the "surface" thoughts of people, the thoughts going through their heads at the moment, but she can also put her own thoughts into people's heads as a form of communication, though it's not near as easily done if the person has no telepathic ability themselves, but gets easier the more she has contact with this person. As you might have figured out, though, it's kind of driven her halfway to insanity--it's both her greatest defense and her greatest Achilles heel, as too many "loud" thoughts can eventually drown out her ability to think.
Equipment: The occasional healing item for her pokemon, but that's about it.
Other: Her pokemon also tend to act like her bodyguards, and when they are out of the pokeballs, her head is like one big mental chat room.

Nubnub.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 05-30-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Reserve plox ^__^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

I feel so behind!!!

RP Perfect Fusion [war XI] SU form

Character name: Kraden Iodem

Team: Team Obscurity

Occupation: Leader of Team Obscurity, IT Director for Celio’s Pokemon Storage Network.

Appearance: Kraden, 6 feet, 160 lbs, is into steampunk fasion. From the top down, Kraden usually wears a teal fedora with silver pinstripes and a solid silver band around the hat which is actually filled with sensors for his Porygon Co-operation Armor. Beneath the hat he has untidy, dirty-blond hair cut at about chin length. His hazel eyes are almost always in the shadows, only his strong nose and stubbly chin easily visible as they protrude from the shadows cast by the brim of his hat. He wears a Monacle, which is actually a Heads Up Display connected to his PCA, and a steampunk Earpiece for the same system.

He wears a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up beneath a teal and silver colored Klondike Vest and a black cravat. Beneath those he is actually in moderately good shape, though mostly as a boon of good genes and picky eating than because he does a great deal of exercise. He wears black slacks with silver pinstripes, and worn black leather boots. His teal belt is studded periodically with silver squares, which are more data points for his PCA. The buttons on his vest have sensory capacities as well, and the steampunk leather wristwatch he wears on his left hand is deceptively new technology.

Personality: Kraden is a staunch supporter of good. He is extremely curious however, to the point that he sometimes puts satisfying his curiosity as a higher priority than accomplishing good. He is aware of this weakness, and that is a big part of why he organized Team Obscurity. It allows him to focus on satisfying his curiosity and still keep things moving towards general good by bringing information to those who tend to act. He is kind, thorough, patient, and tedious. He acts quickly when he feels he understands, but has little sense of urgency without first having an established sense of immediacy.

If you cause a fight while he is around, he will consider it urgent and fight, putting his curiosity on hold. Often, however, unless there is some dramatic time constraint placed upon him, he will feel no desire to hurry. He would love nothing better than to spend his whole life investigating mysteries all day every day without regard to the results of his investigation.

The recent appearance of the Sonic world has given him a certain sense of urgency and excitement that has kept him moving consistently for the last 3 weeks. He is liable to forget to take care of himself when caught up in an investigation, and has been known to go several days before remembering to eat unless prompted to do so.

He tends to rely on anonymity and misdirection as opposed to stealth, as he’s never been very good at sneaking around anyways. He does, however, have some skill with slight of hand.

History: Kraden was born on Two Island. He didn’t stay long. He had a knack for technology that manifested itself at a very early age. His parents wanted to provide him with all the opportunities possible, so when he was three years old they sent him to live with his uncle Peter in Saffron City. Peter worked for Silph. It wasn’t long however before Kraden was contributing to all of Peters work, and Kraden was one of the lead minds behind the Porygon Project in his youth. After the Team Rocket fiasco, however, his parents decided it wasn’t safe for him in such a big city, so they brought him back to two island.

Kraden almost died when he got back to his parent’s home and discovered that the island network was isolated from the rest of the world. He set about discovering the wealthiest and most technologically inclined individual on the Sevii Islands: Celio. Kraden persuaded Celio that getting the Islands connected to the rest of the world, to both the Pokemon Box storage system as well as all other available networks, was absolutely feasible.

As soon as he managed to get the Sevii Islands connected to everyone else, he began investigating Team Rocket, and other organizations like them throughout the world. He set up an underground network of information gatherers in opposition to them that he called Team Obscurity. Members of his team were instrumental in putting a stop to Team Aqua, Team Magma, the Second Rocket takeover, Team Galactic, and even Team Plasma.

In his spare time, he has also done some very personalized branches of the Porygon Project. He has developed equipment to allow his Porygon to function almost as a second mind within his own body due to microelectronic devices he always wears as part of his clothing. This doesn’t really do much to his ability to fight, but his ability to defend, flee, and most importantly, to observe, have been greatly magnified through relying on his Porygon.

When the world merge occurred, Kraden immediately set Team Obscurity in motion. Everyone was being scoped out, being watched and discovered. He was fascinated by what he was able to observe through the arrival of Dr. Eggman’s Death Egg and the Anthropomorphics’s Central City. The technology that Dr. Eggman wielded fascinated Kraden, but also instantly pitted him against Robotnik’s empire. Initially he thought the Anthropomorphic people may be some advanced form of Pokemon, but their lifestyle and opposition to the atrocities of Dr. Robotnik quickly caused him to consider himself their ally.

After failing to discover any semblance of an organized society on Angel Island through remote communication during the first week following the merge, Kraden has been exploring Angel Island himself, setting up satellite receiver-boosters all over the island so that he can communicate with his network of Team Obscurity Operatives while he searched.

He has been on the island for the last two weeks, and has discovered the existence of the Chaos emeralds. He has sent copies of trace energy signals from the Master Emerald to everyone in the Team Obscurity network with instructions to report any discovery of similar energy signals as soon as possible. He feels as though he is barely tapping the surface of Angel Island, and believes that collecting the sources of the Chaos Energy traces he has found on the island may enable him to bring the island back to its obvious former glory.

Pokemon team: Porygon, Porygon 2, Porygon Z, Gardevior, Ditto, Haunter, Chatot, Musharna, Rotom, Zoroark.

Weapons: Kraden does not carry weapons. He recognizes that his gifts do not lie in the realm of combat and avoids confrontation. The only weapons he ever carries are his own personally developed miniature EMP grenades. Each the size and appearance of a standard dice, they have an effective radius of 5 feet, have enough charge for a pulse lasting 3 seconds, and each and require an internal switch activation by either a Psychic or a Porygon. They would have no debilitating effect on a regular biological life form.
Special powers: Kraden is gifted with limited telepathy and telekinesis. He can have 2 way communications only with other psychically gifted individuals, which in most cases tend to be Psychic Pokémon. He has extremely weak telekinetic abilities. They would be virtually useless if he used them for anything other than what he does, which is to remotely operate precision electronics, mostly his Porygon Co-operation Armor. He just doesn’t have enough power to do anything else of worth, except maybe fly a paper airplane all day. Maybe.

Equipment: His Porygon-cooperation armor, which is simply a series of microcomputer sensory arrays and data-output ports positioned strategically around his body allowing Kraden’s Porygon to observe things that Kraden might miss. Porygon are able to send several kinds of Pokemon Attacks through the data ports, such as Reflect or Zap-Cannon, which allow them to both attack for and defend Kraden in response to any incoming threats.
He is always connected to his Team Obscurity Network. He wears a device something like a steampunk version of a scouter off of Dragon ball Z. In two pieces, he has a steampunk earpiece for audio input/output, and for video, a miniature data heads-up display screen disguised as a monacle. He has several portable network receivers on his person that he can set up in minutes in order to constantly expand his network and stay informed all the time.

Other: He Likes Steampunk.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 AM
2gamers Offline

I may come out of hiatus for this. I have a few questions though:

1. I have no idea what all the team talk and points are all about. Do I have to be in a team if I just want to RP in this? It's not a problem if I do.

2. I see some canon characters in here. Could I be Mecha Sonic from Sonic and Knuckles (not to be confused with the more recent metal sonic)? If not, I think I can come up with a trainer character instead.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gamers View Post
I may come out of hiatus for this. I have a few questions though:

1. I have no idea what all the team talk and points are all about. Do I have to be in a team if I just want to RP in this? It's not a problem if I do.

2. I see some canon characters in here. Could I be Mecha Sonic from Sonic and Knuckles (not to be confused with the more recent metal sonic)? If not, I think I can come up with a trainer character instead.

Hi there!

This particular RP was specially made for WAR, of which is where the teams and points come in. Read here on more about what WAR is.

Now to answer your first question, no you do not have to be on a team to join this, but it's far more fun and you earn points for it to see who the best team is for this year's WAR season! For the second, you can play canon characters, but I think the Doctor or Grassy can better answer that question with more details pertaining to playing canon characters.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

Hokai, here goes. Looking forwards to being on an RP-oriented team this time ^^

Character Name: Shaveh Teink

Team: Park Lords

Occupation: Travelling PokeDex-filler / Lab Assistant for Professor Elm

Appearance: Shaveh is just under 185 centimeters in height, not including his hair, which is blonde and curly and tends to add another good 10 centimeters or so to the total. He doesn't like his hair, but it is unruly and un-tameable short of using half a bottle of hair gel. His facial hair is blonde as well, if you can call it "facial hair" - he has a carefully cultivated dusting of stubble across the outer edges of his cheeks and under his chin. He is of the belief that this arrangement draws attention away from his pointy chin and towards his blue eyes, his favourite feature.

Shaveh weighs 80 kilograms, but most of that is muscle. Not traditional external muscle, but rather the wiry kind that results from an incredibly active lifestyle. His legs in particular are very strong as a result of his favourite pastimes. He has multiple scars ranging from miniscule to medium-sized over his body but mostly on his arms and hands. Most of these he got from the machines he used to work with on his parents' farm during his childhood, although a few have been obtained during his more recent adventures, including a Sharpedo bite on his rear end that he gladly shows off to anyone who asks.

As Shaveh spends a lot of time in the field, he wears a long-sleeve shirt and padded pants. A pair of protective reflective sunglasses are usually nested in his hair, but in hazardous conditions Shaveh is quick to shield his eyes. Shaveh's shirt has a green-and-gray camouflage pattern, but his pants are a simple shade of light brown. They also have many pockets, but Shaveh usually prefers to store items in his backpack, which is a large hiker's model. This backpack is padded as well, because it tends to get thrown around a lot.

Personality: Shaveh has what he calls "a lethal allergy to boredom". Despite being a Pokemon Trainer and a PokeDex filler, Shaveh has never had any interest in taking the Gym Challenge. He figures that anything that's been regularized and weighed down by limitations can't possibly be fun. Likewise, he doesn't bother catching any common Pokemon like Watchog or Spearow - Shaveh prefers to travel out into the wilderness and to hard-to-reach locations and capture the Pokemon he finds there. Oftentimes he likes the dangerous wilderness so much that he stays there to train and Elm needs to send a Fearow to find him and bring him back.

Shaveh's most salient feature aside from his love of exploration is his curiosity. His goal in life is to scan every Pokemon in existence with his PokeDex - including all of the Legendary Pokemon. He figures that these powerful creatures would have to be in out-of-the-way places, which is the other reason he loves to visit exotic places. Shaveh also loves visiting other regions, but aside from Johto he's only been to Unova on an errand for Professor Elm. It's this curiosity that keeps him moving forwards when he encounters failure, which isn't uncommon considering the kind of Pokemon he tries to find.

The Pokemon he captures are Shaveh's only real friends, aside from Professor Elm, so he does his best to raise and train them. All of his Pokemon have been trained in extreme climates using unorthodox techniques, which had resulted in an unusual battling style. Unlike many other trainers, Shaveh trains alongside his Pokemon - he climbs cliffs, runs endurance-style and works to better himself in general. This bestows upon him a never-say-die attitude, although said attitude isn't necessarily positive. It also means that he's determined and head-strong to the point of attempting impossible tasks. His time alone has also given him the opinion that relationships with humans are mostly meaningless. Aside from his loyalty to Professor Elm and respect for his widower father, he doesn't have any positive or negative opinions of any other people. When he encounters them, he treats them with a polite yet aloof attitude. This more-so than anything else is what causes him to have trouble making friends with people.

History: After becoming ten years of age and obtaining his first Pokemon, Shaveh opted to stay in New Bark Town with Professot Elm and help out in his lab. Shaveh slowly tired of the easy lifestyle, and shortly after his thirteenth birthday Elm shoved a PokeDex into his hand and told him to get moving. He was reluctant to leave his family, but his mother had been diagnosed with an illness she refused to reveal. Her only request was that Shaveh not be there when she finally passed on. Never one to refuse his mother anything, Shaveh left home and headed straifght for Mount Silver, despite the warnings of everyone he encountered. Over the years Shaveh has been to many strange and out-of-the-way places, rarely returning home to visit his father, who now works as an electrician in Cherrygrove City having sold the family farm.

Most of the places Shaveh has visited he will never be able to visit again, simply because he doesn't know where they are. The only journey he's ever gone on that other Trainers could relate to was when he traveled to Unova on an errand for Professor Elm. He took a prototype PokeDex upgrade to Professor Juniper, but traded his plane ticket home for an all-you-can-eat lunch. He wandered Unova for a year and a half, training and battling before finally chartering passage home on a fishing boat.

The last couple years of his life has been when Legendary Fever has really gripped him. On a trip to Cianwood City, Shaveh caught a glimpse of a Lugia and was immediately entraced by its beauty. Ever since then Shaveh has been almost obsessed with training his Pokemon so they have the power necessary to locate and maybe even battle a Legendary Pokemon. Shaveh's primary goal is to fill his PokeDex, but he'd love to try and capture one of the mystical beings. He knows it can be done because of the stories his father and mother told him when he was a child. Just prior to the fusion event Shaveh was training in Mount Mortar - in fact, he was camping out in the deepest reaches of the caves. The cavern system is so deep and complex that after the cataclysmic event and subsequent cave-ins it took Shaveh a whole week to find his way out. Ever since then he's been trying to find his way back to Cherrygrove City to check on his father, avoiding the well-traveled Routes as they are now populated almost exclusively by Robotnik's minions.

Pokemon Team:

Saki the Meganium. Saki was Shaveh's first Pokemon, given to him by Professor Elm. She is gentle and kind, and the very last of Shaveh's Pokemon to evolve. Her nature doesn't suit battling, but she's a perfect nurse and support Pokemon. Truth be told, Shaveh coddles her a little bit, but just like him Saki is the first one out to train and the last one to turn in for the night. When she needs to battle, Saki fights defensively - she summons sunshine to feed off of and duplicates herself with her perfected Double Team technique. Direct attacks aren't her thing, but when power is required she wields the mighty Solarbeam to devastate her enemies.

Juggernaut the Gallade. Juggernaut was the first Pokemon Shaveh ever caught. He encountered Juggernaut as a Kirlia in the far north-east of Johto, and assisted the Pokemon in his search for a Dawn Stone. After evolving into a Gallade, Juggernaut decided to stick around to train with the human, and one day after a savage fist-fight the Gallade simply decided that Shaveh belonged to him. In battle Juggernaut is rash and uncompromising, but he has the strength to back this up. Juggernaut prefers to fight hard and fast, using his blades, hands, and feet as deadly weapons. He also has a surprisingly good grip on electricity-based techniques, including but not limited to Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave.

Vishi the Braviary. Shaveh caught Vishi as a Rufflet in the north of Unova, just outside their equivalent of Victory Road. Vishi wasn't too pleased about being captured, and for a while Shaveh feared that he wouldn't be able to tame the bird's unbridled savagery. With time, Vishi learned to respect the human that captured him, and upon evolving the Pokemon decided to save his rage for anyone who caused trouble for his master. The Braviary is Shaveh's primary mode of transportation, but he's also incredibly dangerous in battle - Vishi's rage draws out immense inner power that he utilizes to destroy his foes from the sky.

Koma the Bisharp. Koma is easily the calmest Pokemon on Shaveh's team. When he was only a Pawniard he managed to defeat both Juggernaut and Vishi in single combat. Despite these victories, he was unable to land a single strike on Saki due to her evasive techniques. Ever since evolving, Koma has become arguably the most powerful Pokemon on Shaveh's team - his stoic attitude and sheer speed are a force to be reckoned with. His most powerful technique is the Metal Burst - the more damage Koma takes, the more power this intense blast becomes.

Weapons: Shaveh has no traditional weapons, although he has been known to use his heavy backpack as a form of improvised cudgel. He has basic firearms knowledge from his time spent on the farm, but doesn't like the idea of carrying them around - he feels that bearing weapons is literally asking for trouble. Shaveh has no formal martial-arts training but his quick reflexes and wiry strength means that he can hold his own in a fight.

Special Powers: Shaveh himself has no special powers, but Juggernaut can use his telepathic abilities to create a communication network between himself, his Trainer, and the other three Pokemon. This only manifests when Juggernaut is outside of his PokeBall, though.

Equipment: Shaveh's backpack contains everything that one requires to live in the wilderness for a period of up to three months, assuming there are renewable food and water sources, including: a sleeping bag; insect repellant; a limited number of canned foods; telescoping torch; and a small fishing rod. He carries a few spare PokeBalls in-case he comes across a rare Pokemon he wants to catch, but he carries no Pokemon medicines - with Saki acting as a team medic, he figures he doesn't need any.

Other: Bunbun, or something.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

You double-posted, ChainReaction.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM
2gamers Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Hi there!

This particular RP was specially made for WAR, of which is where the teams and points come in. Read here on more about what WAR is.

Now to answer your first question, no you do not have to be on a team to join this, but it's far more fun and you earn points for it to see who the best team is for this year's WAR season! For the second, you can play canon characters, but I think the Doctor or Grassy can better answer that question with more details pertaining to playing canon characters.
Thanks! I decided to scrap a canon character and go in another direction:

Character name: Ziporah “Zippy” Lane
Team: Park Lords

Appearance: Zippy is a young girl, standing at 4’ 6” (142 cm) and 90 lbs (41 kg). Her dark red hair is somewhat short, reaching to her shoulders. It’s straight for the most part, with a slight curl in the back. Her bright green eyes are always looking for some new path to discover. The young ranger’s skin reflects her outdoorsy lifestyle: a slight tan but still defined as white.

Ever since she was accepted into the Junior Rangers, Zippy has tried to wear that uniform almost every day. This attire consists of a short-sleeved khaki shirt that buttons up and matching short that cover her upper thighs. The shirt has two large breast pockets for storing item balls. The brown leather belt isn't so much used to keep her pants up as it is another tool in her arsenal, as well as a place to put her pokeballs. The red “tie” is really a handkerchief that can be pulled off her collar when the need arises. Zippy proudly displays several pins she earned for various achievements, such as camping and receiving a partner pokemon. Her shoes are more for function than style: tough brown leather boots that cover her ankles. Finally, she has long white socks, the red stripe on top almost reaching her knees.

Personality: Zippy has all the characteristics one would expect from a future ranger: curiosity for the unknown, a strong sense of justice, and a drive to better oneself. It takes a lot to break her spirit. Being as young as she is however, this can lead her into trouble at times. Zippy will follow her curiosity into places she shouldn’t be (though that’s when the greatest treasures are found!). She may not attack an armed assailant head on, but she would risk more than she should to help the injured. And of course, the journey to better herself may have the ranger bite off more than she can chew. If there was a phrase to describe Zippy, it would have to be “Adult supervision required”.

Zippy is quite the tomboy: she’ll get just as dirty as any boy in her class. She absolutely loves the outdoors, secret passageways, and lost treasures. She also cherishes her pokemon team, treating them as partners to share in her great achievements. The ranger hates the lack of adventure at times, not settling for a mundane life playing on a computer.

History: Zippy was born and raised in Pallet town, a quaint little town in Kanto. She grew up hearing tales of great men and women taking a cross-country journey and gaining all sorts of titles and recognition for their deeds. The society was built around such adventurers, so it wasn’t long before the future ranger wanted to aspire to such heights. As a kid, she pretended to be a ranger, fighting off deviants and discovering secret worlds. It wasn’t a surprise that, at age 11, she joined the local Junior Ranger division.
Zippy could not have been more ecstatic. She was finally taking her first step in becoming a real ranger. Though there was the occasional field trip, the first two years as a junior ranger consisted of “missions” such as recycling and cleaning the park. The only thing that kept Zippy’s interest in such things was the pins earned for making achievements. She absolutely loved collecting them, each with a different symbol depicting the task done. The girl was almost obsessed with doing such tasks. The one pin that really changed her life was the one that depicted an egg. Her troop leader gave everyone a mysterious egg to raise until hatching. Zippy must have shined that egg every day, even sleeping with it to keep it warm. Her efforts paid off and out emerged an oshawott. As a reward, not only did she get the pin, she was able to adopt the pokemon as her partner. This was a big step: this meant that Zippy was ready to intern with a pokemon ranger as an assistant. When she would get older, she could apply to become a ranger herself. All Zippy had to do was go to Professor Oak’s lab to make Ollie’s (the oshawott) adoption official.

That’s when a robotic army from another dimension descended upon the town. It happened so fast. Absolutely no one was prepared for such an event to occur. Even highly experienced trainers were taken down: the robots had no qualms about shooting the humans before their pokemon made the first move. For the first time, Zippy was genuinely frightened. People were dying, people she knew. The future ranger panicked and ran, with Ollie in her arms. She hated herself for letting the invaders pillage without resistance. There had to be something she could do…

As weeks past, Zippy learned more about the situation through radio broadcasts. A force known as the Eggman Empire had materialized out of a wormhole and quickly taken over not only Kanto but Johto, Hoenn and Orre. There was no way of escaping to one of the free areas, and even then, who knew how long they would be free. If there was one group that Zippy knew of to look up to in crisis, it would certainly be the pokemon rangers. That was it then! She would travel the countryside to find wherever the rangers gathered and help them in any way she could. For the sake of her world, she could not stand by and watch them destroy everything she knew. Not anymore. She visited a pokemon center and took in two more pokemon, refugees from the attacks. They were an emolga and a ponyta who had lost their owners. Zippy gladly took them on and began training. Her oshawott evolved as a result of the heavy training, turning into a more battle hardy dewott. The rangers were going to need all the help they could get, and Zippy was determined to give them just that.

One thing was for sure: there had better be one heck of a pin for this mission.

Pokemon team: Dewott, ponyta, emolga
Weapons: None
Equipment: Pokegear, pocket knife with built-in compass at one end, explorer’s kit (small shovel, sphere finder, pickaxe), 3 pokeballs, 2 great balls, 1 ultra ball, two bottles of water, a dozen sitrus berries and a big bag of trail mix. Zippy keeps the explorer's kit in an item ball, allowing it to miniturize for storing in a shirt pocket. Her pokegear contains a radio, phone, and map, tools that could prove valuable. The pokegear and pokemon are clipped onto her belt, while her pocket knife is kept in the back pocket of her shorts. Rations like water and food are in a drawstring canvas bag that Zippy wears like a backpack.
Other: My goal here was to create a character that could come from one of the games and see what would happen if something as random as a robot invasion took place. What will happen to her? We’ll find out soon enough, nub nub.

Last edited by 2gamers; 06-02-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Editing item section
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

My SU is finished. :D

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 AM
2gamers Offline

I have a few more questions:

1. Regarding teams: Within the RP setting, will our team's characters also have to be in the same team or are our characters free to go their separate ways?

2. Can I assume catching pokemon is allowed? There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on pokemon teams, so I'm guessing this wouldn't need a judge to decide capture outcomes (as opposed to making weapons out of badnik parts). The only exception would obviously be...

3. Legendaries. An alien force is taking over the world, and they're probably doing a great job of it. Seemingly outgunned and outskilled in the ways of warfare, pokemon trainers and rebel teams will no doubt turn to the powerful legendaries to counter Robotnik. What are the rules for them? Can we catch them or somehow negotiate with them to help fight, with a judge deciding an outcome? While we're at it, the chaos emeralds are also powerful items. I see a list of them in the first posts, so I assume we can obtain them too. I'd love to know how :D.

4. What are the ground conditions for Robotnik-controlled areas? If I were an evil genius, the first thing I would do is go after the pokemon centers. With his technology, he could hack into the box system and wipe out any pokemon stored in computers (or enslave them). Then there's the mre direct approach of destroying the centers to limit healing opportunities. Has that already happened or will this be a campaign that happens during the RP?

5. Am I just imagining things, or does this RP start this Sunday?

There might be more questions, so thanks for dealing with a newbie who wants to be prepared :).

Last edited by 2gamers; 06-01-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Quote:
I have a few more questions:

1. Regarding teams: Within the RP setting, will our team's characters also have to be in the same team or are our characters free to go their separate ways?

2. Can I assume catching pokemon is allowed? There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on pokemon teams, so I'm guessing this wouldn't need a judge to decide capture outcomes (as opposed to making weapons out of badnik parts). The only exception would obviously be...

3. Legendaries. An alien force is taking over the world, and they're probably doing a great job of it. Seemingly outgunned and outskilled in the ways of warfare, pokemon trainers and rebel teams will no doubt turn to the powerful legendaries to counter Robotnik. What are the rules for them? Can we catch them or somehow negotiate with them to help fight, with a judge deciding an outcome? While we're at it, the chaos emeralds are also powerful items. I see a list of them in the first posts, so I assume we can obtain them too. I'd love to know how :D.

4. What are the ground conditions for Robotnik-controlled areas? If I were an evil genius, the first thing I would do is go after the pokemon centers. With his technology, he could hack into the box system and wipe out any pokemon stored in computers (or enslave them). Then there's the mre direct approach of destroying the centers to limit healing opportunities. Has that already happened or will this be a campaign that happens during the RP?

5. Am I just imagining things, or does this RP start this Sunday?

There might be more questions, so thanks for dealing with a newbie who wants to be prepared :).
I love making lists 8D

1: That's entirely up to your character! If you're awarded any points your team still gets it, but if you want your character to go off on a tangent there's absolutely nothing stopping you. Makes for interesting plotzors~

2: Jup, catching Pokemon is allowed for Pokemon trainers. Otherwise everyone with a Sonic character would have Pokemon and that would just get problematic and then no one would want to be a Trainer any more :V Just don't overdo it and catch like twenty and march in somewhere with an army and I'm a-ok with trainers catching more Pokemon 'cuz that's what they do XD

3: Robotnik's going after the Legendary Pokemon as well~ If you can get to them first, you're more than welcome to try to convince them to help. They're worked like I have the Chaos Emeralds worked; if someone is striving for one, they have to put in enough effort to get it. So wandering around in the countryside doing nothing productive but looking for a magic rock isn't going to net you a magic rock, and you won't just be walking up on a Legendary in the middle of nowhere either. In general they're where they were in the games, which tend to be difficult to access areas. It's more an effort thing in getting them to actually pay attention enough to want to be bothered to help |D As for catching them, I'm gonna go with anime logic and say they're probably just going to nuke whatever Pokeball you use on them. Convincing them to help... Oui, that's a thing you'll probably want to try to do with a couple of 'em :3

4: Pretty much everything left there has been turned in to robots if it was alive. The worker robots are in the process of turning the towns in to fortresses, but the PC system is still in tact. Robotnik's not aware of it... and doesn't particularly care either. Silly bad guys, ignoring important things...

5: You are imagining things 8D It starts Saturday.

Reserves and approves all around 'cept for Duded who has told me he will work on his SU by the way :U

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 06-01-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:21 AM
2gamers Offline

Yay, approved!

3. In that case, who would RP the legendary? Would you let RPers do that and issue a verdict accordingly, or would we need a judge to RP such a pokemon?

4. I planned on having my character in Kanto and/or Johto. Would that still be possible as long as she's stealthy about it?

ANd while I have you here, who controls the badniks? Being regular grunt robots, can I assume those would be NPCed out to whoever wants fighting fodder, with a judge sending out a boss at his whim?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Quote:
Yay, approved!

3. In that case, who would RP the legendary? Would you let RPers do that and issue a verdict accordingly, or would we need a judge to RP such a pokemon?

4. I planned on having my character in Kanto and/or Johto. Would that still be possible as long as she's stealthy about it?

ANd while I have you here, who controls the badniks? Being regular grunt robots, can I assume those would be NPCed out to whoever wants fighting fodder, with a judge sending out a boss at his whim?
I still love lists 8D: The RPer would RP the Legendary too. I'd just say whether or not you convinced it or just bothered it enough to fly off and ignore you XD (I'm the judge by the way)

ROBOTS. Yeah, it's fine for her to still be there and sneaking around. The workers aren't terribly bright, and the soldiers are off fighting elsewhere in most cases. I'd try to avoid any factories you come across if you're on your own though :s

The mook Badniks are NPC'd by whoever happens to be fighting them. Boss-level ones I'll control, and forces in large enough amounts I'll control directly (During full-on attacks and such) but the weak grunts I'll generally leave up to the players to NPC. Just don't abuse it or you'll be very unhappy with what happens XD
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
2gamers Offline

Thanks. I think I have a good enough idea to start on a first post. Do you happen to know of a catalog of various robots in the sonic series, like a wiki page or something?

This remixed boss music ought to get people in the mood, though I'm partial to Malicious Fingers, among others that have no youtube links.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Thanks. I think I have a good enough idea to start on a first post. Do you happen to know of a catalog of various robots in the sonic series, like a wiki page or something?

This remixed boss music ought to get people in the mood, though I'm partial to Malicious Fingers, among others that have no youtube links.
Bingo, here you go. Major ones are listed first, the minor ones are more toward the bottom of the page.
(Might be helpful to include this in the first post, since we're probably going to be facing hundreds of thousands of these)

And yes, more remixes.