Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default The Official PE2K Smartphone Game/Aps Thread

Discussion of all Smartphone games and aps, anything from what's on your iPhone or iPad, or your Android or other tablet device.

Yes, I'm a serious Angry Birds junkie. Enough to the point where I've gotten a three star rating on all levels for every episode in Angry Birds Classic. And let me tell you, you get some extremely hilarious and fun unlock rewards for doing that. Trying to work on Seasons at the moment, and that's not easier either.

There's a bunch of others I play, including Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, Paradise Island, Rock the Vegas, and Big Business. I'm curious, what are some of the others you people play?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: The Official PE2K Smartphone Game/Aps Thread

I've been playing Zenonia 2 with each character. The story is basically the same, but some scenes are different. It's a bit tedious since I'd like to go on to the third installment and the forth has already been released, but I'll get it eventually.

[rant]Also, iCrap needs to die. All of them. It's just outdated technology, although highly compatible because Devs don't need to check compatibility with like a thousand devices.[/rant]
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
I've been playing Zenonia 2 with each character. The story is basically the same, but some scenes are different. It's a bit tedious since I'd like to go on to the third installment and the forth has already been released, but I'll get it eventually.
Haven't heard of Zenonia but I think I'll give it a shot. Looks pretty interesting.

Also, I did play Pocket Legends for a little while, but like most MMOs, you either get really sucked into it, or you opt out early. Got a little bland after a while, but it was incredibly good for a smartphone game.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I play games on my boyfriend's Android.
My favorite is Fruit Ninja, but he plays a lot of Ceramic Breaker

Shun the non-believer
Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 PM
goldwynaut Offline

i dont have very many apps on my phone. i find the runkeeper app useful thought.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Instagram is fun.

As for games... Football Manager Handheld 2012 is where it's at.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Neo you've played PL? I basically quit it when SL came out. I have a capped character in Star Legends and Dark Legends. Wanna play with me sometime?

Check out Zenonia. It's great, although 3 and 4 went freemium and makes playing the game hard without paying. The story is awesome though.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Neo you've played PL? I basically quit it when SL came out. I have a capped character in Star Legends and Dark Legends. Wanna play with me sometime?

Check out Zenonia. It's great, although 3 and 4 went freemium and makes playing the game hard without paying. The story is awesome though.
I haven't played PL in like over a year though. The problem is that it's missing the kind of things that make an MMO really good, though it's understandable due to it being a smartphone game.

As for SL, haven't tried it. That any better than PL? Guess I'll take a look at it.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

The big program for me is definitely SManga, but it is always in and out of the market. I just don't like playing games on my smartphone much.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

There's a thread like this, lol.

Yes Zenonia is awesome. Any decent tower defense games out there? Kingdom Rush is all I can think of.

---
As a QA tester for Gameloft... yea... they have nothing of interest; cept' Block Breaker 3 (Arkanoid ripoff but nice twist).
---

Somewhat related;

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pmh-hd/id521926250

Why is that not being sued by Nintendo / Pokemon?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
I haven't played PL in like over a year though. The problem is that it's missing the kind of things that make an MMO really good, though it's understandable due to it being a smartphone game.

As for SL, haven't tried it. That any better than PL? Guess I'll take a look at it.
PL is okay but it's a bit grindy and gets hard to play solo. I used to play it a ton until all my friends quit the heck out of it.

SL is okay but can solo get grindy. Graphics are a lot better, and the game is very hard at certain points. I want to stress this. The later levels of Shipyard WILL kill you, repeatedly, if you're not with a group. Voleria is completely unsoloable and the Skorn will kill you, again, repeatedly. The campaign also features ONE SHOT KILL mines that you must look on the floor and avoid walking over and headshot snipers that you need to run around and avoid letting the crosshair land on you or you die. It's the most brutal campaign out. SL absolutely cannot be played solo when you get to Shipyard. If you have no friends to join and don't get lucky on random games, you cannot advance. At all. This is true for a lot of the later levels of each campaign, but they're not as brutal as Voleria. For example the Miner boss for level 20. He's hard and even gives capped characters a run for their money, but he doesn't kill you repeatedly. There's hard and there's impossible or torturous, you know?

Dark Legends (DL) improves on the graphics of the previous two games, as well as makes every level soloable. You have one resource, blood, and it costs blood to use skills but it's also your health which means you can die kinda easily sometimes. The story is awesome though. It's also got a Zynga-like Energy mechanic which EVERYBODY DESPISES. Thankfully STS finally understood that people hate it and will be making 3D fighting levels not cost energy, only missions. It's actually possible to level up entirely on missions and just coming back and doing more when their timers run out. Sure your gear will be crap, but hey you can level up for free if you wait it out. So ;ater when you run out of energy you can grind for xp in 3D fighting levels. The downside of DL is it's a huge cashgrab by STS and the prices are ridiculous. $50 gets you 500 plat and it's on sale, which normally is 350 plat! And believe me it goes really quickly. I spent 200 something in the first ten minutes of play after charging it. In PL and SL you can get 800 plat for 50 bucks and it will last and last you. DL is also missing a 2k plat bundle deal. At the very least just buy the starting bundle and maybe one bank expand and never spend on anything in DL ever again if you play at all.

A new STS game called Arcane Legends has been announced. As with SL and DL improving on the game before it, AL improves on the graphics of it's predecessors and includes the new systems introduced in previous games like charging attacks from DL. Not much is known about it except that it will be fantasy like PL, the graphics will be better, and that it includes new ways to attack like multi hit attacks and charge ups from DL. Each successive game improving on their predecessors does not mean that it will stay that way. New stuff introduced in later games does eventually trickle down to the earlier games, but it takes time because they want to keep crApple compatibility. crApple approval takes weeks.

If you want a true mobile MMO, try this, just recently put up on Play after being in development for a long time. World of Midgard: Faction Wars. The client is 274mb, YES ON A SMARTPHONE, and not a lot of devices can support it. It might say supported but then you might have huge lag or graphics issues. I don't think mine can but try yours: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WorldOfMidgard