Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 PM
EliteScizor Offline

Default Can someone help?

I know this may seem silly, but this has gotten me worried for a long time.

Is the Pokemon Coma Theory true?

I hope not, this may destroy my childhood.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:53 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Can someone help?

It's a valid quesiton.

Pokemon Coma Theory is pretty interesting, but ultimately it is what it is, only a theory.

Fan speculation can, and often does, go on wild tangents unrelated to the actual canon of the story, sometimes to extreme points. This is one of those cases. There is no actual evidence in the anime that Ash is in a coma. People may have fit some aspects of it to the theory, but none of it is verifiable proof. And most likely, they are wrong anyhow.

So don't worry. The Pokemon World is, pretty much, exactly as depicted in the show. Pokemon Coma Theory is an interesting idea, but highly unlikely.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 PM
EliteScizor Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
It's a valid quesiton.

Pokemon Coma Theory is pretty interesting, but ultimately it is what it is, only a theory.

Fan speculation can, and often does, go on wild tangents unrelated to the actual canon of the story, sometimes to extreme points. This is one of those cases. There is no actual evidence in the anime that Ash is in a coma. People may have fit some aspects of it to the theory, but none of it is verifiable proof. And most likely, they are wrong anyhow.

So don't worry. The Pokemon World is, pretty much, exactly as depicted in the show. Pokemon Coma Theory is an interesting idea, but highly unlikely.
Thanks for the help, :D It made me stop worrying.

Just one question though, and I don't really want to seem paranoid, but when you said The Pokemon World is, pretty much, exactly as depicted in the show, you meant that The Pokemon World is mysterious, just as it's said in the show?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteScizor View Post
Thanks for the help, :D It made me stop worrying.

Just one question though, and I don't really want to seem paranoid, but when you said The Pokemon World is, pretty much, exactly as depicted in the show, you meant that The Pokemon World is mysterious, just as it's said in the show?

I suppose that's true. One could argue that there are mysteries in any world you encounter, real or fictional.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

I agree with Kim, there is no "Coma Theory." It's just because every year, they get a new audience who has no clue about Ash and just think that he just started his journey. I know this question is already answered, I just thought I'd give it a little more detail :3

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)