Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: When did you get your first shiny ?

My first one (Not counting the Game Stop distribution) was a shiny Bellsprout while playing a Pokemon hack called Flora Sky. Obviously, I was using an emulator, but I had no Poke Balls, so I used a Gameshark code to give me every single type of Poke Ball. I used a regular or a Great Ball, I remember that.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:08 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Never cuaght 1!
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Swampert Guy Offline

I found the following shiny Pokemons in order:

Rhydon at Pokemon Safari in Fire Red Version.

Tentacool at Route 119 in Emerald Version.

Voltorb at Power Plant in Fire Red Version.

I caught only Tentacool.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Pickleboy Offline

The first non-gyaridos shiny I ever caught was a Numel when I was EV training on my Sapphire one day. I had previously ran into shiny Golbat, but at he time I didn't know about shiny pokemon and thus I killed it, thinking something was wrong with my game. I deeply regret that discision now. :(
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Dunno how much this counts, but I found and caught a shiny spinda on my friend's Emerald in 2005 or something. We eventually cloned her so I could have a copy once I got my Emerald. xD On a game of my own...a shiny wurmple. XD Evolved into a dustox.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

I got a shiny Psyduck on my friend's Pearl version, which he reluctantly gave to me (finders-keepers, losers-weepers!). That was the first one that I had ever seen, but on my own games, I've gotten a shiny Makuhita in Platinum. It was during a swarm. The worst feeling? Seeing a shiny in a Nuzlocke run when you've already got a Pokemon on that route...

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Aside from the Red Gyarados in Gold, I can't remember getting any other's in that generation. I do have a couple from gen 3 though.
Wingull and Doduo from sapphire, the Doduo caught in the Safari Zone. I almost freaked right before the pokeball stopped, not sure if it was gonna open or stay closed. =P
Next one was an Illumise from Emerald.
And the last I've caught on my own is a Shiny Nidoran M from FireRed, that one too in the safari zone. My brother was running around for me looking for something(Chansey I think), and suddenly it appeared.

Other than those I've got a copy of my brother's shiny Aron, and my friends Shiny Spinda and Crobat.

Yet to find any in gen 4/5, though I've just beaten the E4 once on Pearl(can you believe that I beat Cynthia with one pokemon at lv50 and the rest 48/49?), and just arrived in Castelia on Black, so there's plenty of time to change that. =P

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Aside from the Red Gyarados in Gold, I can't remember getting any other's in that generation. I do have a couple from gen 3 though.
Wingull and Doduo from sapphire, the Doduo caught in the Safari Zone. I almost freaked right before the pokeball stopped, not sure if it was gonna open or stay closed. =P
Next one was an Illumise from Emerald.
And the last I've caught on my own is a Shiny Nidoran M from FireRed, that one too in the safari zone. My brother was running around for me looking for something(Chansey I think), and suddenly it appeared.

Other than those I've got a copy of my brother's shiny Aron, and my friends Shiny Spinda and Crobat.

Yet to find any in gen 4/5, though I've just beaten the E4 once on Pearl(can you believe that I beat Cynthia with one pokemon at lv50 and the rest 48/49?), and just arrived in Castelia on Black, so there's plenty of time to change that. =P
you got a shiny in the safari zone ?? nice catch !

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
you got a shiny in the safari zone ?? nice catch !
Yeah. Almost didn't get the Nidoran though, it escaped the first safariball, but for some miraculous reason it didn't run away. And to think all I was looking for was a Chansey, which I didn't get during that safari session. =P

It's why I'm not too comfortable with running around in the safari zone, because for most of them you only have one try, if it fails you get to see them run off. I have never fainted a shiny pokemon though, not that I can remember, though I haven't played Gold in ages. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other shinies than the Gyarados on there though. I'm too afraid my internal battery has run out to even start it and check, don't want a complete pokedex to go down the drain. =P

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Bombazzzo Offline

Saw a shiny sandshrew for the first time on leaf green between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City, ran outta pokeballs trying to catch it and got super sad and stopped playing the game haha.

credit to EmBreon for the banner ^^

Last edited by Bombazzzo; 06-01-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Medicham and Whismur were the two I got from Ruby

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Steel-Char63 Offline

My first shiny was in Fire Red, which was a shiny Mankey. Then I ended up getting squirtle as a shiny starter on my Leaf Green playthrough. It evolved into a shiny Blastoise, which is the most amazing Pokemon i've ever trained!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 AM
ash_ketchup Offline

I got my first shiny from my friend. It was a makuhita. It was on emerald and he cloned one for me. I have never actually caught a shiny. But in LeafGreen I ran across a gold ekans. My stupid pikachu crit'd it. :(
Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

My first shiny was a Psyduck that I caught in Crystal. I was so excited to finally see a shiny in the wild. It was because it was a shiny that I decided to catch it and raise it on my team. It was a pretty good fighter.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

I once ran across a shiny graveler on my Silver and I used false swipe... tried to catch it, failed and it used explosion.