Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Arrow Is Pokemon Black/White's graphic's focused on the wrong thing?

I just want too know in your opinion on this one... Is Pokemon Black/White's graphic's been focused on the wrong things? I mean I know the whole idea is too stay ahead of the game and try too keep business flowing. However I couldn't help noticing when I bought pokemon Black and played it they focused all there time it seemed on the map and battle graphics instead of trying too make improvements too the storyboard or stuff like that. But who knows maybe that's just me. What do you guys think?
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.

Last edited by brandon_g; 04-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Re: Is Pokemon Black/White's graphic's focused on the wrong thing?

You're way off.

They do the same system with every game like B/W. First, They make the main characters which is the trainers, rivals, professors, gym leaders and such.

Then they make their side story..
Kanto > Silph Co
Johto > Team Rocket
Hoenn > Team Aqua/Magma
Sinnoh > Team Galatic
Unova > N

Next is their designs, with certain routes and several unlockables. Once they get it all done, They deliver it to Nintendo bases in each continent, So that they can modify the language so that the words come out in english, spanish or whatever other language. Then they ship it to the stores several days before the release date and then we purchase gods gift.

*BTW* I know you think this is for you and i'm an idiot for answering and whatever, Cause you like to be a smart-allic. But this is to answer anyone who might have this question.

Last edited by Machampion; 04-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Riataro Offline

I'd like to add on that if you are really this unappreciative of what Nintendo has created for us in BW, I'm quite sad that you don't really understand how much extent they put into the game. I don't know what your expecting... If they didn't care about the story base at all heck they'd keep it in kanto or some other region and and random pokemon for no good reason. They create an environment specifically designed to cater to the storyline and the pokemon themselves. Heck now they are creating Black & White 2 specifically as a sequel to help develop the storyline of the Unova region. Did you notice how they continued the Kanto story via Johto? The graphics are only this good because of the ever changing technology... if they spent little time on graphics you could be buying a game with GBC level graphics.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
goldwynaut Offline

the entire GAME IS FOCUSED ON THE WRONG THING!!! no seriously: the storyboard could have been much longer and with the Resolution of the nintendo ds being 256 × 192 pixels, it really isn`t any point in trying to make the graphics look so awesome, so yes i agree
Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I personally love the graphics in BW. However, I feel that the back sprites of Pokemon are just a little too pixel'd. Maybe it would look better if I played it on a DSiXL or a 3DS, but I wouldn't know.

Shun the non-believer
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
I personally love the graphics in BW. However, I feel that the back sprites of Pokemon are just a little too pixel'd. Maybe it would look better if I played it on a DSiXL or a 3DS, but I wouldn't know.
I have a DSi XL and it looks awesome. I little less pixel'd then on DS.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

If we're talking about what the graphics team should have focused on, I think the routes and cities look great for the most part, but they could have put more effort into the Pokemon sprites. Having them move is completely awesome! But the animations could have been better for a lot of Pokemon and the backsprites are just horrible and should have at least been pixeled-over even if they kept the same pose, rather than just enlarged/stretched sprites! D: That's probably the only issue I have with the graphics. I thought the storyline was good, but the Team Plasma issue could have had more depth/been resolved better (hopefully to come in BW2!) and there could have been more to do after the E4.

I suppose graphics are what makes a game look new and interesting, so that's why there's so much focus on them as opposed to storylines, especially since Pokemon has had a tried and true storyline since it began.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

My only complaint about the graphics is the back sprite. I have a DSi and the back sprites don't look good at all. They look very distorted with pixels.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Obliveon Offline

I don't have any complaints about the game, and the pixels are pretty good on a 3DS.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:32 AM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

What did you guys think of the battle graphics?
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.