Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Crackerjack Offline

Default Re: Original Lavender Town Music

I heard it also has weird effects on on animals, like dogs doing backflips, since they have a higher range of hearing than we do. I tested this out with my hamster and my copy of Blue in English that I was actually working on. Hey, my DS is broken, so I was alternating between playing freshly-restarted files on Crystal, Ruby and Blue. Anyway, since hamsters are nocturnal, I waited until midnight to do this experiment. I video-recorded it on my Android cell phone. While in the route below Lavender, she was playing normally. Then, when I walked in, she stood still. When it got to the "tone" bit, she turned towards me a little and perked her ears up more. She stood still for a full two minutes until I returned to a normal route. Then, she turned around, and napped in a corner that wasn't her bed. Strange. After about ten minutes (off-camera), she woke up and acted like a normal hamster. Weird.

If you think the binaural tones in Lavender are bad, listen to binaural beats raw on YouTube. I read that this was "relaxing" so I looked it up. Withing a second, I unplugged the computer immediately. It was scary. When I would turn my head after that, I would hear a freaky electronic-bell sounding noise. I was so scared. I'm never looking that poop up again.

Lavender Town doesn't bother me. I've never heard any reports about this, but when I watched the playthrough of Pokemon: Lost Silver on YouTube, the sound effects of the Pikachu battle hurt my head BAD. Not like the binaural beats... I encourage you to watch Lost Silver if you haven't already and tell me what you think. However, I advise that you DO NOT look up binaural beats. That was a scary trip. If that was in the Lavender Town song for real, I wouldn't be surprised that kids would kill themselves over it. The noise is just pulsing, and it feels like your brain swells. Don't look it up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Speaking of creepypasta, anyone read Squidward's Suicide? Aah...

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

That music gave me the chills.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

But I loved it, sometimes, I really need to unleash some of my eclipse(^^)
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 AM
david26 Offline

Creepy...but fun Lol.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
goldwynaut Offline

lavender town destroyed your childhood, and every time you hear it, you go back to the day you got pokemon red/blue (or green if you live in japan) and played all day, you snuck it into bed, and eventually reached lavender town around midnight, and every minute of that night comes back, you pissed your pats knowing that every secound marowak or ghost could come and strangle you, it was so creepy, (this didnt happen to me) cool story

and yeah, i am a creepy pasta fan, i red it, so creepy. and by the way, what if smiledog was a pokemon?

Last edited by goldwynaut; 03-20-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added some more text
Old 03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Anybody look at the comments on this? Funny stuff.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Closed Thread