Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Make Kony Famous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&nomobile=1
I am sure many of you who have Facebook have seen this video shared, but if you haven't I highly recommend you watch it. Basically in Uganda, children are being kidnapped by a group of rebels who go by the name "Lords resistance army" or LRA, and become sex slaves of they are girls, and the boys are forced to be child soldiers, forced to kill and mutilate, even their own parents. This has been going on for years and most people dont even know of this, or who the culprit is, Joseph Kony. The US government has sent in support, only because awareness was raise and the US citizens cared. But if people start to not care, then te government is going to bring this support home and ruin any chances of arresting Joseph Kony, and freeing the child soldiers and sex slaves. All I, and thousands others ask is that you share this video. Facebook, twitter, other forums, blog etc, anything and everything. 2012 should be the year Kony is stopped! Why should children be forced to kill, and have to live in fear, if they even live at all, just because of where they live. If this happened in the USA, UK or my home country of Australia, this would not be tolerated, yet Kony has gotten away with these horrible crimes for years. Please share for the child soldiers sake!
I have been part of PE2k for nearly 5 years and in that time I hve come to realize what makes it so different from other forums. People care. Please don't let me down.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Make Kony Famous

The U.S is incapable of doing anything at the moment. It is neither of economic interest nor a matter of defense. While I am sure plenty of people are, they simply are unable to do so right now. In case you haven't heard, war might begin with Iran.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The U.S is incapable of doing anything at the moment. It is neither of economic interest nor a matter of defense. While I am sure plenty of people are, they simply are unable to do so right now. In case you haven't heard, war might begin with Iran.
That is why they didn't send support 10 years ago. Once the general public wanted this late last year they did. This is just a matter of keeping the support in Africa

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Yes, the U.S didn't do it 10 years ago because there was an invasion going on, but nowadays there is nuclear tension in Iran. The U.S has too little money and too little time to do too much foreign aid as of late.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 03-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

The Kony 2012 campaign is silly. It's for a good cause, but the execution is horrible. Just looking at a poster you might even think they are pro-Kony.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
The Kony 2012 campaign is silly. It's for a good cause, but the execution is horrible. Just looking at a poster you might even think they are pro-Kony.
Thumbs up.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Well, when you have a poster that's an exact mirror of the Obama poster...that can give the wrong message. Same with KONY 2012 for that matter. It just sounds so much like a political campaign for some guy named Kony to be elected as president. >.>
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Well, when you have a poster that's an exact mirror of the Obama poster...that can give the wrong message. Same with KONY 2012 for that matter. It just sounds so much like a political campaign for some guy named Kony to be elected as president. >.>
Lol, wonder how many people are going to think that.

My favorite part of it all is how the Ugandan's don't want any help at all and are actually pissed about the whole thing.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 03-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Fireworks Offline

I can't be the only one who thinks Kony bears a striking resemblance to Apollo Creed, can I?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

'Kony 2012' director hospitalized after exhibiting bizarre behavior

Note: I don't really care about this topic at all. I just happened to be browsing a news site and this site at the same time, and, because I hadn't posted on PE2K in a great while, decided to bring the two subjects of fleeting interest together. I haven't even read the article, and don't know or want to know much about its topic.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Lol, wonder how many people are going to think that.

My favorite part of it all is how the Ugandan's don't want any help at all and are actually pissed about the whole thing.
Most countries aren't fond of foreign interference in internal affairs.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."