Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM
The Doctor Offline

Send a message via MSN to The Doctor
Default Re: Leaves/Temporary Leaves/I'm Back Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Welcome back and happy birthday, Darkness! Glad to see you are returning.
Thanks. Hopefully, I can make a couple new friends on here. ^_^

~Darkness

|Youtube Channel|URPG Stats|Doctorin' the TARDIS|
Old 01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

It feels really... weird coming back after so long, I have to say.

Anyway, I doubt anyone who's currently active here even knows me, but as college and work have started to settle down to a more manageable point, I've decided to come back and try to get back into my old groove here again. I joined this site eight years ago, and it was the first forum I ever registered on, so this place really does have a unique, irreplaceable place in my heart; as such, it pains me to see activity declining and the general atmosphere floundering like it is.

I want to be active again. I want to get back together with those members from years ago who still remain, and meet newer members, as well. I want to help revitalize this community.

Last edited by Kayden Javlaíakín; 01-22-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Hello everyone. I am Professor Geoffrey and my last post on Pokémon Elite 2000 was July 25th, 2011, almost exactly half a year ago.

Coming back was a bit of an impulse move, and I am not sure if it will stick, to be quite honest. When I left, it was kind of literally like I fell off the face of the earth. I got extremely busy at a breakneck pace, and to be frank I still am really busy. I have just gotten much better at managing my time, and am in need of something to help me pass some of the time I have leftover. Things are much simpler, however, with marching band out of the way. It was life consuming, and would have been much worse if I had been selected for drum major.

I thought about doing this constantly over the past couple of days. I went on a trip with the marching band, as we do a big trip every other year, this time to New York. My primary reason for going, of course, was Nintendo World, and I did manage to go stop in despite only having five minutes to do so, even when I was promised an hour. I had been wanting to go there for ten years ever since before it was a Nintendo World, when it used to be a Pokémon Center. One of my friends who came along the trip started talking about spriting, and I started thinking about the forum. This was the place that made me start thinking about spriting and graphic art, and everything, and I thought I owed it to PE2K to come back. Whether as Website Staff, or otherwise.

Well. Let's hope that this time I stay. ;)

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝ back, Kayden and Geoffrey!

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

So Simmi broke his arm, fractured in multiple places so he can't type, neither can he hold a pencil (But that's not important) .. So he broke his arm when playing basketball out on the icy ground, there is like a thick 5 cm layer of ice outside no snow.. Anyway this happened a couple of days ago, this is his cousin typing for him. xD
Anyway the doctor told him it's gonna be almost 2-3 months before he'll be completely recovered and it's safe for him to go back into boxing and his hand will be wrapped up for the next 2 months, so he'll only be able to do sports that don't require both hands.. xD
So he doesn't think he'll be able to forum related things with his hand all messed up.
Anyway he thinks he won't be using the computer for the next two months, he hasn't been able to use it since before he got all wrapped up. So he's gonna be kinda gone, not online anywhere for the next two months. He says he finds it rather depressing spending time on msn or aim if he can't type. :/
This is gonna be a big adjustment seeing his left hand is broken and he's left handed, so he'll have to use his time now to find a way to do homework for the next two months with his other hand or get someone who wants to do it for him
So he doesn't see time for forums until the cast is off.
So he got fractured/broken (not sure what the English term is) in 6 places , his thump, index and middle finger, wrist and two places in his arm above his wrist..

http://kopasker.123.is/kopasker/uplo...1lka%20001.jpg
It's probably his own fault mostly from playing basketball in conditions like that
tho the field was mostly cleared from ice, tho it wasn't completely clear of the ice and yeah
That happened, spent 6 hours at the ER.

So Simmi says goodbye for the next 2-3 months, until his cast is off, he says he very sorry and that he hates his cast.

So he says he'll see you 2-3 months.

Goodbye for now.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Aww, poor Simmi. :( I hope you have a swift recovery and that everything heals well!

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So Simmi broke his arm, fractured in multiple places so he can't type, neither can he hold a pencil (But that's not important) .. So he broke his arm when playing basketball out on the icy ground, there is like a thick 5 cm layer of ice outside no snow.. Anyway this happened a couple of days ago, this is his cousin typing for him. xD
Anyway the doctor told him it's gonna be almost 2-3 months before he'll be completely recovered and it's safe for him to go back into boxing and his hand will be wrapped up for the next 2 months, so he'll only be able to do sports that don't require both hands.. xD
So he doesn't think he'll be able to forum related things with his hand all messed up.
Anyway he thinks he won't be using the computer for the next two months, he hasn't been able to use it since before he got all wrapped up. So he's gonna be kinda gone, not online anywhere for the next two months. He says he finds it rather depressing spending time on msn or aim if he can't type. :/
This is gonna be a big adjustment seeing his left hand is broken and he's left handed, so he'll have to use his time now to find a way to do homework for the next two months with his other hand or get someone who wants to do it for him
So he doesn't see time for forums until the cast is off.
So he got fractured/broken (not sure what the English term is) in 6 places , his thump, index and middle finger, wrist and two places in his arm above his wrist..

http://kopasker.123.is/kopasker/uplo...1lka%20001.jpg
It's probably his own fault mostly from playing basketball in conditions like that
tho the field was mostly cleared from ice, tho it wasn't completely clear of the ice and yeah
That happened, spent 6 hours at the ER.

So Simmi says goodbye for the next 2-3 months, until his cast is off, he says he very sorry and that he hates his cast.

So he says he'll see you 2-3 months.

Goodbye for now.
Master the left hand, Simmi! ;)
Get better. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
Hello everyone. I am Professor Geoffrey and my last post on Pokémon Elite 2000 was July 25th, 2011, almost exactly half a year ago.

Coming back was a bit of an impulse move, and I am not sure if it will stick, to be quite honest. When I left, it was kind of literally like I fell off the face of the earth. I got extremely busy at a breakneck pace, and to be frank I still am really busy. I have just gotten much better at managing my time, and am in need of something to help me pass some of the time I have leftover. Things are much simpler, however, with marching band out of the way. It was life consuming, and would have been much worse if I had been selected for drum major.

I thought about doing this constantly over the past couple of days. I went on a trip with the marching band, as we do a big trip every other year, this time to New York. My primary reason for going, of course, was Nintendo World, and I did manage to go stop in despite only having five minutes to do so, even when I was promised an hour. I had been wanting to go there for ten years ever since before it was a Nintendo World, when it used to be a Pokémon Center. One of my friends who came along the trip started talking about spriting, and I started thinking about the forum. This was the place that made me start thinking about spriting and graphic art, and everything, and I thought I owed it to PE2K to come back. Whether as Website Staff, or otherwise.

Well. Let's hope that this time I stay. ;)

~Professor Geoffrey
Ya I dunno. Nintendo World wasn't as...well all that interesting after being there. Kinda underwhelming when the Toys R Us has a Ferris Wheel and a T Rex. I liked the museum touch though.

An ya, I'm a Yorker now.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Ouch! Hope you heal quick Simmi. :(

Welcome back Geoffrey. I always liked reading your articles so I hope you get back into writing them again!

Toys R Us has a T-rex?! That's so cool! :O Why do Americans get all the cool things. :(
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Sorry to hear about your accident Simmi.

Please take the time to heal and don't worry about helping contribute to PE2K. Your health comes first. There is a reason why we have a staff. So that in case one member goes down, others can help fill in.

We're all rooting for you. Get well soon!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Damn... Hope you get better Simmi!

Holy crap! Geoffrey is back!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Geez man. You need to take it easy. It's rather ironic - normally when you hurt yourself, you put ice on it...XD

Oh well. Take it easy, and relax. Exploit your injury for chocolate and pampering (it's what I would do)!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

Toys R Us has a T-rex?! That's so cool! :O Why do Americans get all the cool things. :(
Trust me. They don't.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Trust me. They don't.
Right. The 2 ton giant dinosaur on second floor that stands on its hind legs isn't a T Rex at all. ;)

But ya, Americans don't have all the cool things. They don't have my bro Akemi Homura.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:44 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
GAAAAAAAASP I'm not special enough to be on that list? ;_____; After all the times we--nah I won't go there.

Sorry to see you go JenJen. :( I'll miss you being around here and our shenanigans in the DCC. ;o;
RICHARD SAID THE SAME THING AFTER I POSTED THIS, FFFFFF.

I didn't include Fb/text buddies--mainly just people I don't talk to outside of PE2K.

But here ya go:

JESSU:

omg lyk ur a hawtii n ii wnt iin ur pantz lyk nao bbyz mm giirl. u stiil r supuzd tew cum tew muh house evry thurzdai buht u nvr dew. :'( iim stiil waiitn on muh po uv obama riidn a nrwahl buht taake ur tiiem sxegiirl. u shud hmu moar lyk fo rlzz. kbaii. <33

Damn, get well soon, Simmicheekz. ♥
Old 02-11-2012, 03:57 AM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence

Hi Pe2K party people! I'm Jentle, or JV, or whatever you used to call me, or want to call me. I've been gone for some time but over the past few weeks I've been browsing Pokemon stuff, among homeworking and volunteering and running and whatever, and I ended up over here. And I was smiling as I was going past old conversations, and new conversations, and stalking cool things to read from all the members. And like Geoffrey I too made an impulsive decision to check things out again. Whether I'm here feeling for the past or fetching for the future, I'm not sure! But I want to make friends again and stalk cool conversations again. Yay! (=

P.S. sorry about not being on AIM! my computer hates it now, or something!