Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Terrans win at every aspect of the game, hands down. ;)
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Lightning Pikachu Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via AIM to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via MSN to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Yahoo to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Skype™ to Lightning Pikachu

Well, I need to mad practice ZvP soon, It's become absolutely ridiculous that I beat low GM T and Z and then can loose to top diamond protoss...xD....

I'll just notedown how I feel about matchups atm:

ZvT: Well, this remains relatively unchanged for me, i always went Ling/Bling/Muta and I still do, people like Stephano and DRG have been showing how freaking amazing Zerglings+Creep+Heavy upgrades are, you can basically skip banelings until after muta if you go 2 hatch with good creep, I'm really loving this matchup.

ZvZ: Same old same old really, with the infestor nerf we're seeing more people just going MASS roach and trying to hit a timing before their opponants have incorporated infestors.
Muta is becomming more popular but it still has its flaws, I played muta for awhile but I still thing it has a few issues that I'll need to work on.

ZvP: Well, It's my worst matchup but I think it's relatively...relatively balanced. I still think warp prisms are imba now, Look at people like LiquidHero who were using them with great success even before they got super-buffed.
Neural is a big nerf, I've actually stopped using Roaches in the matchup now because corruptors take up too much supply and dont kill the collosi quick enough, and neaural doesn't work now without incredible positioning and your protoss opponant making a silly mistake.
I now go Ling/Bane/Infestor, mass expansions and trying to tech up to Zerg deathball, its hard though, I hope I can continue to work on it, I'm trying to get super fast ugprades but ladder maps aren't helping vs protoss, Xelnaga is such a STUPID ZvP map, youre basically forced to go 2 hatch ling infestor and just go for it...I think once the maps are improved, I'll feel much better about the matchup..

Tournmanet Results:
Spoiler:

Well, two protoss got 4-kills in GSTL, so hopefully that shows that this game is balanced (they were mediocre toss too).
Not too much else happening, but october is going to be huge.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

ling bling muta allows you to attack from multiple angles and expand in a much more haphazard manner as well. You can use that to your advantage against toss. Most of the time if you keep them from the deathball, they can't do much other than turtle anyway.

btw, Pokebunny looks to be like a quiet kid. Too bad I didn't meet DRG or Fruitdealer. They went to Soho instead of where I was for some reason...and I was hanging out with the day9 crew (minus day9).
Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via AIM to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via MSN to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Yahoo to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Skype™ to Lightning Pikachu

Hihi guys, looks like PE2K is dying... D: shame.

Regardless, I has an NA account, add me on metalhead123@live.co.uk , It's like top 8 masters with 65% winrate.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Sort of. We are working to keep it alive. =)

Interesting. I have recently gotten back into Starcraft. I am so proud because I such less than I thought I did. I was in Platinum before, but now I am in higher Bronze. Either I am rusty, or the community can actually learn. O_o
Old 12-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Pikachu View Post
Hihi guys, looks like PE2K is dying... D: shame.

Regardless, I has an NA account, add me on metalhead123@live.co.uk , It's like top 8 masters with 65% winrate.
Pe2k's in its hibernation stages again.

That's pretty cool man. I haven't been doing much other than a random game here and there nowadays. If I have time, I just watch like gsl vods or something. And Blizzard cup finals was OFF THE CHAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Sort of. We are working to keep it alive. =)

Interesting. I have recently gotten back into Starcraft. I am so proud because I such less than I thought I did. I was in Platinum before, but now I am in higher Bronze. Either I am rusty, or the community can actually learn. O_o
Both. The community's relative skill level is much higher than before.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Interesting. It was a random drop though. I started off my Season 4 in Platinum, and then it just randomly dropped me to Bronze mid-game.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:21 AM

Hihi guys - Yeah kenny DRG vs MMA was sick, DRG is awesome to watch ZvT - He has a lot of awesome all-ins and solid muta ling bling.

I haven't been playing while I had exams, but my exams are over now and I've been playing a bit, My winrate is like 71-55 on EU high masters, and I need to play on NA now, anyone else still play, I'd love to play some games / customs :]
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Hihi guys - Yeah kenny DRG vs MMA was sick, DRG is awesome to watch ZvT - He has a lot of awesome all-ins and solid muta ling bling.

I haven't been playing while I had exams, but my exams are over now and I've been playing a bit, My winrate is like 71-55 on EU high masters, and I need to play on NA now, anyone else still play, I'd love to play some games / customs :]
I am afraid if I go up against you that Blizzard might ban me for being way too out of my league.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:

Nice to see you're still doing well man. If you're high masters in EU, grandmaster should be possible in NA. ;)
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Nice to see you're still doing well man. If you're high masters in EU, grandmaster should be possible in NA. ;)
Well It depends, I don't have the time to put in the hours needed, I played a couple of customs with Orly and he just stomped me, and I've beat GMs before, It's hard to find the time I need.

I'm working on a new ZvT style that I've been thinking about for a little while now, the style revolves around basically:
Spoiler:

- 15 hatch
- 16 pool
- 18 gas
- 17 ovie.
double queen on hatches obviously, continously drone and start speed. DOUBLE creep tumour insted of single for first 25 on both.
spine (28ish supply)
3rd hatch (at around 30 supply)
then constant drone production, start around 20 lings when speed is finished simply to chase hellions off to grab 4th, double upgrades finished by 10 mins to prevent 2 base pushes.
When 4th base is going up you use the macro hatch to get it droned up instantly to stop secondary timings.
Then I'm probibly going to go infestor insted of muta because by that time it's a little too late for muta to work at their maximum potential, continue double upgrades and go fast 3 base ultra push...

Everything is based on the standard reactor hellion into marine seige that Terrans do in ZvT now and I've designed it to counter that but there's still big holes in the style I need to fix. (ie. Burrow + baneling speed timings, gas is tight until 13ish min, which is when I want to start saving for Ultra).
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

15 hatch and 16 pool is a REALLY greedy opening. You sure you can hold reactor hellions well enough to take the 3rd? I mean, if you don't kill the hellions, it feels unsafe to take the third from the lack of map control.

I guess you build order lose to 2 rax then?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
15 hatch and 16 pool is a REALLY greedy opening. You sure you can hold reactor hellions well enough to take the 3rd? I mean, if you don't kill the hellions, it feels unsafe to take the third from the lack of map control.

I guess you build order lose to 2 rax then?
I drone upto 18 before taking gas to hold 2 rax, I don't take the gas if I scout gasless from Terran.
And yeah, this build is a solid opening vs reactor hellion, everything is revolved around reactor hellion, and the 2 variants I use (basically just when to mass lings / drones) are designed around weather the terran is going fast 3 CC or 2 base timing.
I'll post some replays soon If anyone is interested ^^
Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM

I thought I'd just upload this replay, played this on ladder earlier, highish ladder on EU, thought it was a preety entertaining game :]

This is how I play standard ZvZ, you need to be preety good at micro + macro to pull it off becuase if you miss injects or loose a lot fo lings you're ridiculously far behind.

Gl hf.

http://drop.sc/106270

EDIT: Oh also I beat a GM zerg today in a zvz, thought I'd upload that too: (This game gets really weird)
http://drop.sc/106272

Last edited by Lightning Pikachu; 02-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.