Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Television shows that you would like to see revived

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlareon View Post
Lilo and Stitch is also another one I miss
From what I have heard, Lilo and Stitch continues without Lilo. It is an anime in an opposite dimension. Pretty weird, but it still keeps the humor and playfulness even without Lilo around. (I disliked Lilo anyway)
Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

SonicX. Improve the animation, get in SEGA's actors (this'll let some get in much needed practice, like Kirk for Shadow)...And allow it to get as dark as it needs to get. The third season was pretty good. I saw it like, two years ago. I was freaking 17 or so. He he.

I'd also like to see Moonlight return. 1 season for such a great show...It sucks. The show was great - vampire before Twilight. No sparkling! One vampire teen got BEHEADED by a ROLLER COASTER. I mean, COME ON. That's awesome.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM

Kirby. I miss that show...
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Oh yes. Kirby. I'd LOVE to see them focus on Marx as the new villain. He was great, and his Soul Form would provide some nice Nightmare Fuel. >:D
Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
PikaChew Offline

Pecola, I have not heard that name in a while. Looks simple but is quite watchable.

Mew Mew Power

If there was ever a show to put furries into a favorable light than this would be it. Altough I must admit that I do not really remember much about the plot..
Old 02-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaChew View Post
Name something from the past and maybe give a short reason as to why you think it should be brought back. (Does not have to be animated and also pictures are nice too)

Reboot
A show about the world inside of the computer or something like that. Tells the story of video games from the perspective of the AI's. (correct me if I am not describing that right)
Then the plot went somewhere and Reboot ended with Megabyte taking over EVERYTHING. We'll just have to settle for the webcomic that continues from then. Well I guess that's it for Reboot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaChew View Post
Those are all pretty good, I am still amazed that Invader Zim got canceled. Whenever I eat sunflower seeds it always reminds me of Hamtaro and company..

Robot Wars
This was kind of like pokemon except with robots. As I recall, some of the toughest bots where the ones that had pincer or claw weapons.
No idea why Invader Zim was cancelled.

Robot Wars and others of their type were like a nerd heaven for my high school mind. I always liked the bots with sledgehammers as their weapons though. XD

Stuff to add:
Witch Hunter Robin

Honestly it's never going to get a sequel. So I'd like to mention the second of two (the other was Love Hina) anime series that brought me back to anime after a long hiatus. It was good, yes.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Dinosaur King: The one anime 4Kids had that they DiD NOT F*** up!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
ShadowFlareon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
SonicX. Improve the animation, get in SEGA's actors (this'll let some get in much needed practice, like Kirk for Shadow)...And allow it to get as dark as it needs to get. The third season was pretty good. I saw it like, two years ago. I was freaking 17 or so. He he.

I'd also like to see Moonlight return. 1 season for such a great show...It sucks. The show was great - vampire before Twilight. No sparkling! One vampire teen got BEHEADED by a ROLLER COASTER. I mean, COME ON. That's awesome.
I loved SonicX. I remember freaking out really bad when they cancelled it. xD That and Courage the Cowardly Dog, even though Cartoon Network still shows it every now and then.
Toaster
Old 02-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
That's just a sign you're getting old.

Personally I do think there are good cartoons out there. You just need to find them.

Such as... My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

And some Anime. That can be Hit or Miss.
What's sad is the fact I am only 16, going on 17 late this month. XD At the same time I go on rants about the days when Sccoby-Doo had no plot connection between episodes and Looney Tunes were a bunch of little clips rather than full-blown episodes

Personally, I'm just not into watching ponies. I think the more anime-ish art style looks weird. I agree on the anime, though. I watch more Japanese cartoons than American ones, yet my parents wonder why... *looks at Adventure Time, The Regular Show, etc...* My sister hates it when I get on the subject of Johnny Test.

I agree with Grassy on Moonlight. I want more Mick! Those vampires were pure awesomeness, and non-sparkly! However, Mew Mew Power, if you mean the 4kids version--no, just NO. You wanna finish the series, go YouTube subbed episodes of Tokyo Mew Mew. 4Kids massively screwed up that series. Done completely over by another company that manages to not entirely bungle names and such, sure. Until then, the English version of TMM needs to stay dead. Ihave no grudge with the series itself, as it introduced me to manga, but the US version as made by 4Kids drove me insane when I got ahold of the manga it was based off of.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post

No idea why Invader Zim was cancelled.

Robot Wars and others of their type were like a nerd heaven for my high school mind. I always liked the bots with sledgehammers as their weapons though. XD
The show was canceled due to "Christian Parenting Today", an organization that argued that it had an immoral and dark attitude. The organization managed to get the ratings down enough to get it put off air, despite it winning two awards. There are sixteen or more unfinished episodes that were never released because of its abrupt ending.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The show was canceled due to "Christian Parenting Today", an organization that argued that it had an immoral and dark attitude. The organization managed to get the ratings down enough to get it put off air, despite it winning two awards. There are sixteen or more unfinished episodes that were never released because of its abrupt ending.
omg they are going to have a field day with Madoka. XD
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
omg they are going to have a field day with Madoka. XD
Only if they see it. I doubt Madoka will be aired on TV.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-06-2012, 03:07 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
From what I have heard, Lilo and Stitch continues without Lilo. It is an anime in an opposite dimension. Pretty weird, but it still keeps the humor and playfulness even without Lilo around. (I disliked Lilo anyway)

How does that even work? It's been awhile since I've seen the movie, but isn't Stitch less talkative than Lilo? Is there dialogue?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

You know what I want back? It's not really a show, but I'd rather watch all the bumps instead of the crap on TV today. Toonami. I need Toonami. I watched it since the beginning. I watched it until the end. I cried manly tears when their final broadcast ended.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM
PikaChew Offline

Quote:
I always liked the bots with sledgehammers as their weapons though. XD
A often cheered for the spinning bots but they did not seem to win that much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
However, Mew Mew Power, if you mean the 4kids version--no, just NO. You wanna finish the series, go YouTube subbed episodes of Tokyo Mew Mew. 4Kids massively screwed up that series. Done completely over by another company that manages to not entirely bungle names and such, sure. Until then, the English version of TMM needs to stay dead. Ihave no grudge with the series itself, as it introduced me to manga, but the US version as made by 4Kids drove me insane when I got ahold of the manga it was based off of.
Ha ha, I might have to go look up the subs or something. 4kids tv (or whatever they were called back then) only showed the episodes once or twice before the show vanished. I barely remember it.

Celebrity Death match
Like wrestling except with clay!

Last edited by PikaChew; 02-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.