Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 36: Like Father, Like Son]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
A THREE part? :O colour me suprised. And ecstatic.

...But I can't find any errors :< *grammar nazi part of me dies* awwh.

Anyway, I like the way you did this chapter. And poor misunderstood Altair. I loved that part, by the way, think it really captured her confusion and anger at the time. Bad, bad Rye, being mean to Zanna like that! MY REVIEW IS ALL OVER THE PLACE! I liked the beginning too, the way you start your chapters off is really just cool to me. The ending confuses me. She lost an arm? Ouch >.>

Closing statement here, I just didn't want to be a hipocrite. I'm always hoping people comment on my story, when I should be doing the same to others. "Do onto others as you want done onto you."
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED IT, THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.

THREE PAAAAARRTT. Granted the third part is really small, but STILL. *colours with rainbow pen* x3

Haha, I went over it once and changed quite a few mistakes, so most of it should be good now, I hope.

He is a little. He tries to do his best for Zanna, but his jealousy over Rye bites at him. xD Kind of awesome that he and Zanna are linked, but also bad in a way. It's like two halves of one being, and each can sense or feel the other. NO SECRETS. That would suck. x.x

Thanks! Oh, and the ending will be confusing until the start of the next chapter. xD Then you'll know what happened. So totally thanks for reading, Cody. I love seeing comments. :D

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 11-09-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Wow. Teleportation gone bad O.o

Thanks for the apt observation, Shadow.

Erhem. Virok is evil, I want to kill him. I wish I could have a villain that awesome...The closest I can think of is "villain" from Sanguine Snow.

Rye's a bit crazy in his Dark Form, isn't he? I find it funny Rye and Skye, two names that rhyme and are similar in personality, both have crazy sides that grin like idiots XD 'Course, Rye is in control, so that's a good difference.

The ending is interesting...I'm still betting Zanna is going to get the Shadow Poison >.>

Skye: A father should care for his child no matter the circumstances. When that is lost...He is no longer a father, but a monster. The sense of betrayal for the child will be horrendous, perhaps maddening. But where does this all lead?

...Namely, I just want to kill the bastard myself.

...Only Skye could say something like that and pull it off with a serious look and yet still be terrifying ^^' I feel the same way, though. You are so great with words. TEACH ME O WISE ONE. TEACH ME TO WRITE LIKE THIS AND TO DRAW AWESOME ART. NAO!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Wow. Teleportation gone bad O.o

Thanks for the apt observation, Shadow.

Erhem. Virok is evil, I want to kill him. I wish I could have a villain that awesome...The closest I can think of is "villain" from Sanguine Snow.

Rye's a bit crazy in his Dark Form, isn't he? I find it funny Rye and Skye, two names that rhyme and are similar in personality, both have crazy sides that grin like idiots XD 'Course, Rye is in control, so that's a good difference.

The ending is interesting...I'm still betting Zanna is going to get the Shadow Poison >.>

Skye: A father should care for his child no matter the circumstances. When that is lost...He is no longer a father, but a monster. The sense of betrayal for the child will be horrendous, perhaps maddening. But where does this all lead?

...Namely, I just want to kill the bastard myself.

...Only Skye could say something like that and pull it off with a serious look and yet still be terrifying ^^' I feel the same way, though. You are so great with words. TEACH ME O WISE ONE. TEACH ME TO WRITE LIKE THIS AND TO DRAW AWESOME ART. NAO!
Gone bad, indeed. xD THANKS FOR THE INPUT, SHADOW. *squishes life out of*

Haha. I think Virok's so awesomely bad because he's now reached the point of insanity. He did start experimenting with darkness for what he thought was the right reasons, but now all he cares about is making sure he has the strongest army in the world, and if he happens to crush Deoxys in the process, well, that's always a bonus. xD So saying, he isn't even fazed by the will to kill his own son if he gets in the way. Tsk, tsk! Whatever would Ameli think of him now. FOR SHAME. >( You know, I should just have her ghost come in and beat the crap out of him until he gets some sense knocked into that thick skull. I hated writing what he did to Rye, BECAUSE I LOVE RYE SO MUCH. ;______;

Yeah, he is. Even though he's mostly in control now, thanks to Darkrai's training (no thanks to the taint in the first place!), he's still a little wild, and much more impulsive. So you don't wanna piss him off when he's in his Dark form, because he won't be so complacent anymore!

XD Yeaaaarrrs, of practice, Grassy. And reading. It's a wonder what reading can do to improve your vocabulary and grammar. I learned most of what I can do from reading a large variety of others books. xD And if you don't know a word, look it up! The fastest way to pick up synonyms that make your story sound more awesome than it actually is, haha.

As for drawing, same thing. But a whole different game. xD

I mean. I WILL TEACH YOU, O PUPIL.

Links
Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [currently on hiatus]

So I find that I do not have much time for good ol' PE2K any more after life has set in. Life being work and University and whatever else.

I just wanted to pop by to mention that StormRiders will be put on a hiatus, perhaps indefinitely, unless I become somewhat more active in the near future and gather enough inspiration to finish the long story. I do doubt it, however. At present I am currently gathering resources to start an actual novel saga which I hope to write and publish whenever I have the time. xD So obviously that takes precedence over StormRiders.

I'd like to thank everyone for reading what I've posted thus far; I could never have gotten that many chapters out without support. So thanks guys!

Links
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Currently on Hiatus]

I'm deeply saddened to hear that... I'm sorry, but I can't imagine prioritising one story over another just because it can be published.

I hope you understand that if you are quitting this story permanently, then I will not read the chapters I have yet to catch up on or leave feedback on them, since that would be entirely pointless, for obvious reason.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
I'm deeply saddened to hear that... I'm sorry, but I can't imagine prioritising one story over another just because it can be published.

I hope you understand that if you are quitting this story permanently, then I will not read the chapters I have yet to catch up on or leave feedback on them, since that would be entirely pointless, for obvious reason.

~GS.
Well I'm sorry for discontinuing at the moment, but I want work that I can actually present to the world. For some, non-published work might be fine. And even if I could publish a story about Pokemon, I wouldn't want that. I have original ideas and they need to be heard.

Well that's fine if you don't want to read them, entirely up to you. I'm just glad to be working on something that might go somewhere, not that this wasn't. xD I loved StormRiders, it's always going to be my first story, and that makes it part of me. It is finished within myself, because I know it. Shame the rest of you might not, though. D: I just can't seem to put it to words lately.

Links
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I wish I could say I understand. I guess different writers have different views on their stories.

My comment sounded pretty snobbish. xD I guess I'm disappointed that sharing with us isn't good enough. I will write fan fiction for the rest of my life because it makes me happy, and I don't care that nobody may see it. But whatever. You're you and I'm me.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
I wish I could say I understand. I guess different writers have different views on their stories.

My comment sounded pretty snobbish. xD I guess I'm disappointed that sharing with us isn't good enough. I will write fan fiction for the rest of my life because it makes me happy, and I don't care that nobody may see it. But whatever. You're you and I'm me.

~GS.
I never said it wasn't good enough. xD I just have other things I want to do now. I'm sure I'll come back to write fan-fiction later. Believe me when I say it's not over.

I love writing in general, no matter what it is! (albeit essays xD)

Links
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Oh, really? I thought you meant you weren't gonna continue it. o: I was worried Team StormRiders didn't mean enough to for you to continue it solely because it was fan fiction. If you're not cancelling it for good, then that's good news! You'll be hearing from me again if you do stop it. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you'll come back to it later.

I need to work on a novel myself, but I want to get EoT, Doomsday...Shift...I need to get those out first. Rewrite Dark Storm. I just can't leave my writers hanging.

I guess I'm like GS on that regard.

...I hope to see it again though. It deserves to be finished.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Oh, really? I thought you meant you weren't gonna continue it. o: I was worried Team StormRiders didn't mean enough to for you to continue it solely because it was fan fiction. If you're not cancelling it for good, then that's good news! You'll be hearing from me again if you do stop it. xD

~GS.
I just meant that right now I'm going to start writing a novel series, so I wish to get that done instead of StormRiders. I'll come back to this one if I have spare time and the motivation to do so. xD

Links
Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 37 - IT LIVES.]

---------

Chapter 37;
..........death to darkness

---------

I had teleported.

That was the first thought that crossed my mind before the searing pain registered. At first it was only a dull ache that started within my back, but soon spread down the course of my entire figure, growing more intense by the second. It was then that I screamed. Everything seemed hazy. My eyelids fluttered from the pain as I forced myself to keep them open. I couldn’t fall asleep yet; not yet when there was something I needed to protect. Something even worth giving my life for.

“ZANNA!”

Another scream. This one came from behind me. I wanted to turn, to see the figure of the voice that had called out to me, so lilting. But all I was able to do was grunt in acknowledgement before my body shook, wavered once, twice, then began to fall.

Through closed eyes I noted the soft fur that held me, and I couldn’t help but observe that it felt familiar. The voice called out to me again, further away this time, and I struggled to reply to it. I’m okay, I tried to whisper, I’m right here. But either the figure didn’t hear, or no words came from my mouth, for it remained silent.

It was dark. Dark and cold. I wondered if I was about to die. Had it been worth it? Had I stopped anything at all? Where was Virok? And what about Talzere? If I were to die here, what would happen to Deoxys? No one else could stop him. He would continue to terrorise the land until nothing of it remained, void of everything but a barren wasteland. The world would spiral downwards, and it would belong to the kind of nightmares one could hardly perceive.

Talzere would be lost.

Not to mention the little things that would haunt me. Jarre would be left without a best friend. His sickening brotherly feelings for Raze would rise to pure hatred. Or would he crawl back to him? No, that wasn’t Jarre’s style. Codan, who was like a father to me at times, would be devastated. Lani would most likely feel the same. Dash and Tali would mourn my loss; Altair would be crushed – though I got the feeling part of him would be all too glad to see me in the Farplane. And that left Rye… What would he do?

It was sudden, and so surprising, that I lost my current train of thought. Immediate warmth, bright and hot, flowed into my veins, bubbling throughout their spiral-bound path. It was hot; much too hot, and I became alarmed. My arms thrashed out wildly but were pinned back into place by my sides as the heat continued to spread. I tried to scream, but it was muffled. It’s too hot! Stop! Please, stop! My plea was ignored, and I was bound tighter, continuing to thrash and writhe with the pain – for it was now agonising. I would indeed die here, by this searing heat. And then it stopped.

My eyes flew open and I sucked in a sharp breath of air, fresh and cool, cringing as it stung my lungs. The heat that was still flowing within me began to ebb away, until a cool calm had replaced it. What in the name of Arceus was going on? My body didn’t ache anymore. In fact, it didn’t seem to hurt at all. But I distinctly remembered being crushed by the large foot of the Electivire. Rye had been about to pass out and I… What was going on?!

A steady paw placed itself against my shaking arm and I looked up – straight into the emerald eyes of Rye. He was his old self again. My breath caught in my throat, unable to form coherent words, though there was so much I needed to ask. It was a shock to remember how he had once affected me like this. And apparently still could.

“Zanna, you’re alright. It’s okay now.” The slightest of smiles lit Rye’s face. It was almost impossible to see, but the edges of his mouth furled up ever so slightly. My brow furrowed with unasked questions, my mind still too slow to catch up with the words I wanted to say. It was still stuck on the fact Rye had his paw on my arm. “I healed you,” Rye answered for me, as if knowing what I was about to say. “I healed you, Zanna. I’m sorry if it was more painful than you would have liked…but it was the only way I knew how.”

He…he healed me? How is that possible? I thought only Light Pokemon – and good ones at that – had the ability to heal?

Seeing my blank stare, Rye opened his mouth once more, and then apparently thought better and closed it again. “Too many questions that would be better left for later.” I followed his gaze upwards until I spotted the Electivire, trapped back against one of Rye’s barriers. And then, a familiar cry that I hadn’t heard in so long it now seemed like a distant memory. But it was one that made my heart sing with joy.

“Hey, Zanna! You look awfully beaten up. Why don’t you let us strong guys take it from here?”

Jarre!

The Torchic was grinning up at me from where he stood, a few feet away, keeping a very close eye on Virok. Codan was next to him and had the Electivire in a tight lock around his stomach, binding his arms to the side. Though Virok thrashed relentlessly, he didn’t seem about to let go. I unwittingly let out a sigh of relief. The cavalry had arrived.

My brain reacted at the sight of my friends and tried to stand from the position on my side. I was stopped, however, before I had even raised a foot in the air.

“You need to lie down,” Rye told me. “My healing process is slower than yours; you won’t be fully healed yet. Don’t move until I tell you to.” He released his hold on my arm and stood, taking a step back. I blinked, following him with my gaze, still unable to speak. I must have looked panicked because he paused, and then came back to kneel by my side. I thought he was going to place another barrier beside me, but was surprised when he lifted a paw and held it gently against my cheek. I flinched at the contact and hoped he hadn’t noticed. His paw was still so warm…so soft. But it wasn’t the same as it used to be. It sent a cold shiver down my spine. Rye’s brow furrowed somewhat, but I couldn’t be sure because as soon as it had appeared, it was gone. His paw dropped from my cheek and he stood once more, averting my eyes. “Rest.”

I could have punched myself. Why did I even have that reaction? It’s not like I was afraid of him. …I wasn’t afraid of him. Was I? But there were so many things within him now that I should be afraid of. My mind was telling me not to trust him; that Darkrai could be using him as a ploy. I very well knew this could be true, and was probably the best explanation. But my heart told me it was the same Rye I had always known. He was still in there; I knew it. So then why…why was I afraid of him?

“Let go of me, you bastard!” Virok had started up again and this time his curses were directed towards the burly Dragonite that was binding him. I could see Codan’s face crease in concentration. It was obviously taking a lot of energy to hold the Electivire down, but he wasn’t too concerned. Ignoring Virok’s words, he turned his head in my direction.

“Rye, I need you here.” The Dragonite then gave me a warm smile, glad to see me again.

It’s good to see you, too, I thought to myself. But I was sure by the look on my face that he knew. It was good to see everyone again. Only now wasn’t the time for a bittersweet reunion. My eyes glowered at Virok. There would be time enough for that later.

Jarre left Codan’s side and strode towards me, past Rye. As the two passed, their arms – or rather Rye’s arm and Jarre’s wing – brushed in contact. It was hard to discern, but I felt the glares from both sides, and the imminent feelings of dread that emanated from them. Nothing had changed there, it seemed. If anything, Jarre probably resented Rye much more than I did, and much more than before, for him leaving me like that. He knew the toll it took upon me both physically and mentally, while Rye did not. I got the feeling that Jarre would never forgive Rye now. He’d only made things permanent between them. No easy fix would present itself in this case. I also got the feeling both preferred it that way. The only common ground they had was me.

“Zanna,” Jarre whispered to me upon arrival, forgetting for a moment that Rye had even existed. “Are you okay?” As the Torchic peered down at me, I tried to now find the words within. My voice was slow, and groggy, but at least they were words.

“I’m alright, just…” Confused, I completed in my mind. Confused and hurt. Betrayed. Savagely torn apart. Take your pick. I managed a quick snort and Jarre narrowed an eye, as if missing something. “I’m just a little sore,” I replied grimly, wishing I could tell him what I thought. But I didn’t want to burden others anymore. I’d done more than enough of that since arriving in Talzere. Maybe everyone would be better off if I just shut my big mouth, became a mute, and focused solely on saving the world. That’s what they all needed, right? Worldly attachments to this place wouldn’t sit well with me now, and I didn’t need them. Let me do this on my own. Part of my mind thought this was incredibly foolish, and the nagging voice of a conscience that I had started to tell me off, but I pushed it aside roughly. What good had it done me so far?

“We all know that’s not true, Zanna.”

Crap. He had seen through my facade. I probably wasn’t doing a great job of covering it up, anyway, especially after Rye’s very painful healing attempt. I was still on edge. “I’m fine for what I need to do,” I told him, a hint of steel entering my tone. I didn’t want to have this conversation now. I wanted to avoid it for as long as possible, or altogether. But Jarre wasn’t going to let this go. It was the first time I felt a real pang of irritation at my hot-headed friend.

“Well look,” he continued, shifting his gaze in Rye’s direction. “He just came back, out of nowhere, and you’re telling me you’re okay?” He snorted and wagged a wing through the air. “If I were you I’d be in turmoil! You can’t keep going on like this forever, Zanna. Pushing everyone away when they’re trying to help is the last thing you should be doing. Remember, we’re all in this together. Since way back when we first met in Likera. Since then…everyone is here for you.”

That last word sparked anger in me that I hadn’t known was there. It wasn’t that I hated them for risking their lives for me, but it wasn’t their job. Everyone around me either ended up dead or severely injured, and I’d had enough. “Yeah, well I don’t want them to be. Look around you, Jarre! See this mess? I got everyone into it and there’s no way I can get them out. You would all be better off just leaving me be. I have Altair guiding me, I can do this by myself.” My teeth were set rigidly within my jaw, not inclined to move. Jarre gave me a sorrowful look before shaking his head.

“You don’t get it, do you? We’re not here just because you’re this almighty Light Pokemon. We’re here because we all care for you; you’re our friend, Zanna. We wouldn’t risk our lives for someone that meant nothing to us. Sure, we all believe in the greater good you can bring Talzere, but it’s more than that. For each and every one of us you represent a hope. A hope that flares from within, making us feel as if we’re worth something. It isn’t just Talzere we fight for, it’s the right to keep our place in this world. The right to be something.” Jarre lowered his voice and looked at me with pleading eyes, and I was certain I saw hints of tears welling from within. “Through you we found ourselves, and I don’t think any of us want to lose that.”

Through all my stubbornness and hurt, Jarre’s words struck a chord. I felt shameful for thinking I could cast my friends away like that. I wasn’t being selfish keeping them nearby, and neither were they. They genuinely cared for me because they had found something worth fighting for. They had found themselves. No wonder they would go to any length to save Talzere, to protect me. I was everything to them. For each of my friends, for the residents of Talzere, I was this beacon of hope. I had known that. But until now I hadn’t realised just how much. I made this place a world worth living. And Darkrai would be damned for eternity if he thought he could take that away from me – from them. No, this world belonged to everyone, each just as deserving as the last. And I would see to it that it stayed that way. I would pay with my life to make that dream come true.

“Fine,” I said, resigned. “I’m the furthest thing from alright. But I need to be strong for Talzere, you know. I can’t show weakness now. And when Rye needs me the most…” I paused and shook my head. “No, I can’t show weakness.” I let a small smile consume my face as I looked to my best friend beside me. “Let’s give them a fight worth dying for, eh?”

The Torchic appeared momentarily stunned at my resolution, but nodded his head in agreement. “Sure, as long as we’re not the ones going down. Just you watch, Zanna, we’ll handle things here.” He placed a wing lightly upon one of my paws. “Wait and recover, I’m going to help Codan.”

“Wait!” I blurted, suddenly realising an important factor I’d been missing. Jarre stopped mid-step and turned towards me, a quizzical gaze on his brow. “Lani and Dash. Where are they?”

I watched as Jarre paused, thinking, before he slowly shook his head back and forth. It was all I could do to watch the tufts of his feathers drift lazily through the air. When his voice came it appeared broken; distant. “I’m sorry, Zanna. I haven’t seen Dash since we split up, and I’m not sure where Lani is. But I’m sure the two are safe somewhere. You know that Sneasel, always jumping headfirst into action. I’m sure he’s found trouble already.” He flashed a grin before whipping around back towards Codan and I hadn’t the heart to press him for more information. I just hoped they were all right.

Time would surely tell.

~*~

“You’re heavier than you look,” Dash puffed irritably from under Lani’s large bulk. The phrase “love handles” simply was not enough in this situation. More of her to love; more like more of her to lose, the Sneasel thought. But he continued through the building at a steady pace, nearing the med wing.

Dash’s sensitive ears were able to pick up sounds as he approached; the sounds of rash arguments. It was not a surprise, seeing the trouble they were bound to encounter at any moment. But it was something they just couldn’t afford. “Unbelievable,” he muttered under his breath. Even now Pokemon were still self-absorbed in their own worries rather than the wellbeing of those around them. Until his return the Sneasel had hardly known just how much the Marble City was cut off from the rest of the world. Now he knew.

“If I go out there I’m going to be killed for certain!” A female voice interrupted Dash’s immediate thoughts and he listened in as he neared the doorway, pausing to place Lani gently on the cool floor. “I can’t just rush out on a fool’s errand and go save everyone – those creepy things are out everywhere!”

Creepy things? Dash narrowed an eyebrow and leaned closer, curling his claws around the carved edge of the half-open doorway.

“Minako, I assure you that we’re a lot safer than those on the lower levels. That’s where they were stored! And call them Dark Pokemon, for Arceus’ sake! That’s what they are! For too long we denied the fact the Commander was making these beings, but the rumours were true. Now they’ve escaped it’s our job to help the wounded and there’s certain to be many. Let’s go. We have enough soldiers fleeing for their lives; they don’t need us to as well! We have the equipment and the knowledge, so why not use it to our advantage?”

There was a notable pause in the air before a small sound was uttered from one of the two in the room, presumably the one called Minako. Then silence.

“Excuse me!” Dash chose the brief moment of solace to burst into the room, deciding it was safe enough and that the two occupants meant no harm. The Pokemon before him, a slender Audino and a Grumpig, glanced at the newcomer in surprise. The one closest to Dash, a male, held out a purple paw to stop him in his tracks, a clear glare stretching across his features.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Obviously this was no time for formalities.

Deciding it was safe to give his name, the Sneasel dipped his head slightly in acknowledgment to the Grumpig’s question. “The name’s Dash. I have a Houndoom who is seriously injured right outside. Please, help her!”

The Grumpig, Teiran, lowered his paw momentarily and was about to speak when his partner spoke up. “Wait a minute…” The female, whom Dash recognised as Minako, peered up at him strangely. “Dash…your name is familiar. You were once one of the Agent Corps, weren’t you? Along with Taliana?”

“That’s…right,” Dash replied hesitantly, stifling his curiosity at the remark. “How do you know?”

Minako smiled and raised a paw, then lowered it to rest on her other arm. “Oh, of course you wouldn’t remember me. I’m sorry for bringing it up, and now’s not the time. Where is your friend, Dash?”

The Sneasel frowned tentatively, but allowed the two Pokemon to follow him out into the hall where the Houndoom, Lani, rested. They began surveying her immediately, years of medical practice masking their emotions, faces turned blank. The duration of training they had to go through to achieve this was phenomenal. The way these two looked right now…there was not a hope to tell what was running through their minds. It was strictly business. And that was how the Medical Clinic was operated. For if feelings got in the way of business, the situation could often become sticky.

Minako lowered herself to the Houndoom’s side and peered at her muzzle. Whipping out a paw, she held it steadily in front of the open maw. “Still breathing, but ragged. No obstructions. Slight bruising, tearing, suggests possible internal bleeding. Examinations required.” She turned to her partner for a nod of confirmation. “Retrieve the stretcher.”

Teiran backtracked into the room and withdrew a moment later with a large rectangular stretcher. It appeared to be made of a white non-slip material that was reinforced both on all sides and doubly underneath. The top surface was bare, with the exception of a brace. Minako took the brace from the stretcher and applied it to the Houndoom’s neck and head, careful to make sure there were no immediate breaks before doing so. If there were, the brace would at least keep everything intact and restrain movement.

“Alright,” Minako stated, stepping back to survey her handiwork. “Lift.”

This time it was Teiran who made action. The psychic Pokemon raised his hands to the air, careful to apply the right amount of kinetic energy needed. The dark gems upon his body began to glow a deep aqua, and his eyes followed suit. Pyschic Pokemon were revered in the medical force. Their use of telekinetic abilities were highly sought after and considered an invaluable asset. Without them, moving large Pokemon or obstructions would be merciless and quite frankly, impossible. But it was also a job that demanded a large amount of focus. If the pressure applied to the patient was too low, they would most likely be dropped, causing further injury. If it were too high, the patient could be crushed or suffocated. Just the right amount was needed to transfer the subject safely to the stretcher, where they would then be evacuated to emergency rooms.

[continued in next post]

Links
Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Teiran, paws raised and eyes focused, managed to move Lani onto the stretcher with minimal movement and no further casualties. It was a sign that he had indeed been at this post for a long time. After the Houndoom was placed, aqua bars of energy criss-crossed the stretcher from one side to the other. It was this energy that held the Pokemon in place whilst transport occurred, as to prevent further damage. The psychic Pokemon then commanded the stretcher to move with the flick of a wrist. In the span of a few seconds, the two Pokemon retreated to the medical bay and set about their work.

Dash was told to either reside in the waiting room or search for others whom they could help. The two seemed marginally better they now had a patient to treat, and one that did not require them to search for and produce emergency first aid. Reinforcements had been notified, and were to see to any survivors and to report if Virok was found. Until then, all they could do was wait. The Sneasel decided it was best to leave Lani in their care. Teiran and Minako could surely handle themselves if they were attacked – it was a requirement of all staff to be trained in combat. He would be best off searching for the others. Only Arceus knew how much help they needed.

He only now realised just how much he was worried for Tali. The Sneasel raised a claw lightly to his chest and pressed it there, then shook his head and lowered it. He knew the Buizel’s love would never be his, not truly, but all he could do was hope. One day she might come to her senses. Maybe he could take her away from all of this, like in the good old days when they used to take missions on together, far away from prying eyes. Where they would laugh and just have fun. That was what it was meant to be like. But it would never be like that again. Memories are just that, and they belong in the past for a reason.

At least the thought of Rakai leaving them alone was enough to make him smile, if only briefly. It was one thing he could do for her, at the very least. She would find solace in knowing there was closure, and that the past would not try to contact her again.

Dash set off with a firm resolve in his mind, but it was still frail compared to the one in his heart.

~*~

Rye raised an outstretched paw to Virok, a silver film forming between his claws. In the span of a few seconds, the Elekid extended the substance to form ropes and bind the Electivire’s paws and feet together. His mouth was left open. And so the onslaught of curses continued.

Codan was finally able to release Virok from his grip. The Dragonite panted with the effort of restraint it had taken. He surely was one strong Pokemon, at least when it came to fighting for his life. But now that he had done his job, it was time for Rye to do his. It was ultimately his decision what should be done with Virok. All the others could do was wait for his judgement, and respect his wishes no matter the outcome.

The Dragonite folded his paws across his chest and peered down at Rye. The Elekid’s eyes had become as cold and hard as steel, but they wore thin around the edges. Everything had its toll.

“So what happens now, dear boy? Are you going to kill me?” Even bound Virok mocked his son. At least he had ceased struggling against the binds that held him, obviously apparent that he was unable to break free. Rye’s face remained expressionless.

“You have no right to play with others this way,” he stated, ignoring the previous question. “You have no right to harm others for the sake of your goals. You have no right to harm those I care for.” He paused, taking in the Electivire’s laboured breathing. He had become silent. “I used to care for you too, once.” Rye’s eyes dimmed as he held Virok’s gaze. “But the damage you have inflicted here cannot be undone. You do not deserve to live.”

Virok grinned from within his constraints, though it was clearly a half-hearted effort. “So I am to die then?”

Silence.

“No.”

Jarre, a few metres away from Codan, opened his beak to protest and then seemed to think better of it and shut it tight. It was Rye’s decision. We all knew that.

“No?” Virok appeared genuinely surprised. Then he let out a soft laugh. “Oh, I get it now. You want to play the gallant hero, who swoops in and saves the day while still retaining his honour.” He spat the word with contempt. “Save it, my son. You have no honour. None of you do!”

Rye merely blinked. “I will not kill you because that is what mother would have wished. I am her son; I am not like you. I will never be like you. And I will never kill as you do.”

“So what are you going to do to me, then? Come on, out with it!” Virok hissed, losing his patience. He was not one for keeping still, and biding time did not sit well with him. It was clear he’d rather die, and Rye would not give him that wish.

“You are exiled,” Rye said simply. “You will be banished from the Land of Earth forever. You are to wander the Dark Lands until the day you die. Should you be spotted within the border at any time, I will issue an order for your death. Be grateful I am giving you this chance. It is better than you deserve.”

Exile. I was proud of Rye for coming to this decision. I knew he would not be able to kill his father. Despite what he had now become, he was still a remnant of the past, and if I knew anything about Rye at all, I knew he would want to at least keep some part of it intact. He was also not the cold-hearted murderer his father was. Rye could see reason where he could not. Despite my conflicted emotions towards the Elekid, at this moment I was proud.

“So shall I take him to the border?” Codan asked, slapping his paws together with as much menace as he could manage. Rye shook his head.

“No, I will organise for a squad to take him away as soon as they are accounted for. We need the best agents on this case, lest he slip away.” He glared at Virok with blank eyes before whirling to walk away. But the Electivire smiled.

“You won’t do that, Riley.” He had counteracted again. I began to think maybe I should just step up to the plate and deal with this, but something in Virok’s tone had made Rye stop, just for a split second. “You won’t do that because I know something that you do not. Something that you wish.”

The air seemed to hum with all the tension filling the room. The silence was almost unbearable. Rye turned to his father and waited. Waited for what seemed an eternity. Then, having his motives questions, growled low in defiance. “You have no right to spit words at me, father! I know perfectly well what I’m doing! The breath you breathe now will be your very last in this land. And it is better than you deserve for your crimes.” He glowered at his father with contempt and readied a paw, now onyx energy encasing the soft fur. He made to bind Virok’s mouth.

But still, he smiled. “You won’t do this because I know. I know how to bring your mother back.”

The world keeled. “What…?” The news shocked Rye so much the energy completely dissipated from his paw. He stumbled backwards a few steps and had to regain his footing. “You know…what?” he replied blindly.

Virok’s now tensed position relaxed ever so slightly. “Y-yes!” he shouted almost gleefully. “I can bring her back to you, Rye. You can see your mother again!”

My mouth was agape. This Pokemon was full of it! There was no way to bring back the dead! ...Or was there? No, of course not. If there were, no doubt Altair would have found it by now. Or Deoxys, to resurrect Darkrai. This was just another of the Electivire’s ploys to escape punishment. He really was the worst Pokemon I had ever met. He should have been born a slippery Seviper, for that’s the snake he was.

“Impossible,” Rye stated, regaining his composure, though he still seemed somewhat shaky. “You cannot bring back the dead.”

“Oh, but that is the beauty of the unknown. What did you think all these experiments were for, Rye? They were not just to take back the world, but to remake it as we once knew! The Light Pokemon do not have the power to raise the dead, but I know of something that can. My research has found the right direction and it has pointed me to a latent source known as the Orbs of Altair.”

Now it was my turn to freeze. At this very moment I held one of them – the Orb of Sorrow – within my fur. If Virok had known he certainly would have retrieved it from me. Now another orb could apparently raise the dead? Was that even possible? No, he was probably just lying again. He had to be.

“This orb,” Virok continued, “is known as the Orb of Life. It has both the power to take and give life to whoever is able to wield it. My sources indicate the orb’s resting place is not too far from here. I can lead you to it. Together we can change the past. Together…we can bring Ameli back!” Virok was almost too gleeful.

“No.” Rye shook his head, removing the bewildered look from his face. “Even if there were such a thing – even if it were true – dabbling in life and death is to defy the law of nature. Such things can have repercussions like you would not believe. It is impossible. I will not help you.” Rye pursed his lips and seemingly zipped his mouth shut. He was wavering on a thin precipice, and all colour had drained from his face. But still he was defiant. As a leader should be.

Virok’s joy faded almost instantaneously. He was so certain that Rye would take him up on the offer; let him live in exchange for the orb and his mother’s life. “So that’s how it is.” His gaze swivelled to me for the first time in a while. The intensity made me flinch. “She has you wrapped around her fingers, you know. The deeper you drown in love, the more it can only come back to hurt you, until it is worse than even death itself. That is when you wish you were dead, but you know you never will be, not truly.”

Rye’s teeth gritted in accordance with my own. Virok’s statement earned silent glares from the both of us. I loathed admitting it, however, but to an extent he was indeed right.

“Take him away from my sight.” Rye flicked a paw into the air and turned his back once more on his father. Indefinite. His gaze did not meet mine. Instead, he turned it to the gravelly ground, lost in his own thoughts. Rye…

Codan nodded in acknowledgement and made to move inwards when suddenly the energy binding Virok snapped. The Electivire dispelled the silver matter and struck the Dragonite hard to the chest, knocking the wind from his body and sending him back several metres to collide with a large, serrated boulder. Codan cried out in pain. Rye whirled but his movements came too late. Caught off guard, he too, was knocked back, a paw smacking him upside the head.

“Rye!” I screamed, finding the energy to launch myself from the floor and dive for the Elekid. My body braced itself for the impact, arms reaching out to receive Rye as he collided with them. Though we were both sent tumbling backwards, there was no major harm done.

Virok cried out once more, filling the room with bursts of electricity. None of us could ever fathom he would escape. Rye’s bounds were tightly woven! The only reason he could have had for escaping would be that he knew about kinetic energy – studied it. Of course, and we were fools not to have anticipated such an act. We were beginning to look a lot like fools lately. But my main concern now was the Elekid resting in my arms, and the faint murmurings he gave me.

“I need to…stop him…Virok…” Rye’s brow creased in pain and his eyelids fluttered at me. “Stop…capture…must not escape…” I hushed the Elekid with a single gesture. I was conflicted. I needed to stop Virok, who was inching ever closer to the exit. But I had hardly any energy left in me to fight, and everyone else was much worse for wear than I was. We had no hope. Even now, Jarre’s feeble flamethrower attempts were merely tossed back at him. Virok would flee this place and capture us. We were doomed. Talzere was doomed. I closed my eyes and waited for the end.

Then there was a single snap. My eyes flew open to the sight of Virok tumbling to the ground. The whole act seemed to last minutes, but I knew it to only be a second, if that. The Electivire crashed to the rubble, dust encasing the body instantly. Was he dead? What had caused it? Who…? But my erratic thoughts were silenced as a figure stepped into the dull light of the room. As the dust cleared I was able to see that Virok’s neck had been broken, for his head was twisted at an odd angle. Our saviour had apparently dropped from atop a large boulder, unwittingly watching us for only Arceus knew how long. But as I recognised the form, I sighed with relief, knowing things were finally over.

“You’re safe now, Lamb.” Dash offered me a small smile, sparing but a final glance for the Electivire.

And then it was done.

Virok was no more.

~*~

Dash had informed Jarre and I of his trip to the med bay, and of course, Lani. I was more than relieved to hear she would be all right. In fact I was so relieved I even laughed, earning an odd stare from the Sneasel. But I could see he, too, was glad. At least as glad as he could be amongst the carnage. The three of us – Dash Jarre and I – had managed to retrieve the healers Minako and Teiran to extract Eon, Tali, Codan and Rye from the room. Virok was also removed, but he was to be gathered with the other traitors to be cremated.

Rye drifted in and out of consciousness. I dared not tell him what had happened to his father for fear he might fall asleep and never wake up again. The shock should best wait until he was alive and well, or at least somewhat recovered. When he’d had the strength to ask about the Electivire’s whereabouts I merely shook my head and told him to rest. Rye’s face had furrowed, but he soon drifted back into a peaceful sleep. The morphine given to him had chosen to finally kick in.

At the moment he and the others were sleeping soundly and recuperating within the medical bay. Dash, Jarre and I had left them to get some rest, in accordance to the wishes of the two healers who told us it would be best to do so.

We had taken to searching for survivors from the attack, but the Missionary was not in as bad a shape as I had thought it would be. Only a few rooms were irreparable, and most of those were on the lower levels. There was no sign of the Dark Pokemon anywhere. So either they had fled once Virok had died or else were eradicated by the Missionary’s defence forces. Virok’s second in command had informed me that the laboratories below the Missionary had also been destroyed, but would be combed again at a later convenience just to be sure there were no traces left. I had merely nodded, telling him to do whatever he wished. He knew what was best for the city, after all.

There was no sign of Rakai, either. He had fled along with the other surviving traitors. Dash had told me what had taken place between the two of them. He was surprised the Weavile was able to move as soon as he did, seeing the amount of pressure he had applied to render him unconscious. It did not matter much, however. It seemed highly unlikely the Weavile would ever return to the city, or do us harm after the threat Dash had issued.

The Sneasel had now returned to Tali’s bedside and had fallen asleep waiting for her to regain consciousness. His head rested on his claws as he kneeled by the soft, woven fabric, and I fetched a blanket from one of the nearby drawers to drape over him. It warmed me to see how much he cared for Tali, for I had noticed it of course. It seemed our recent endeavours had opened his heart to be bolder for her sake. Despite what little I knew about the Sneasel, I knew this was a good trait. I wanted the best for him. If Tali could take her mind off Rakai long enough to assess what was in front of her, well…who knew? It wasn’t my place to say, though, so I withdrew to my thoughts in silence.

The next two days passed drearily. The others were getting better with ever waking second. The Missionary was now in full force, everyone working together to repair what was damaged. Most of the attack was kept secret from the city for fear of how the denizens would react. From what I knew it was going well. No questions had been asked and things continued as normal. Those who had noticed that Virok was gone merely turned a blind eye. They had known for a while that something was amiss, and though they mourned his loss for Rye’s sake, none seemed too close to the overly-mad Pokemon.

Rye had awoken from his sleep, but was still required to stay in bed for at least another day to rest. I spent my time either attending to the others or by his bed. I hardly offered any words to the Elekid, but I mumbled something every now or then, or when he asked a question. It had been Dash who broke the harsh news of his father’s death, as I hadn’t the heart to tell him myself. When Rye had heard the news he simply shook his head and stated that it was what had to be done. But I felt a genuine stab of pain in my heart, for he had lost another parent. He had no family left, and it was now his claim to the throne of the Missionary – to be ruler of Wingardom City. He instantly refused, however, when the claim was made to him. And nothing anyone said could persuade him otherwise. I had an inkling they intended to try again once he was well, but I doubt Rye would change his mind. He was not one who wished to rule.

[continued in next post]

Links
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

By the third day Rye and the others were fully recovered. I had retreated to the quarters I was given and leaned over the balcony edge, which had fast become my favourite spot in the Missionary. The view from here was magnificent. Vines, waterfalls, wild flowers, and in the distance – past the wall of the city – the unknown. I drowned my thoughts in the view; letting them distract me from everything else I needed to attend to but was putting off. A meeting was to be held tomorrow morning to decide what our next plan of action was to be. Now that everyone was better there really was no use putting it off. And I couldn’t if I really wanted to save Talzere. Still, I revelled in the little peace and quiet I had, even if it was only short lived.

A knock on my door alerted me to a visitor that I had not noticed, due to being so immersed in the beautiful sight of the city. Though I had left the door ajar, Rye had not entered. The Elekid greeted me with a nod and then deciding that was too formal, he cleared his throat and raised an arm behind his head awkwardly. We had barely spoken since he had returned. It wasn’t too hard to see I was avoiding him for very obvious reasons. There was absolutely nothing he could do that would take away the pain he had caused me, or was still causing me, and he was very conscious of that fact. But if something didn’t break the tension soon I was sure we were both going to be driven mad.

Without a word from me he crossed the floor to my side, though his gaze fixed itself on the waterfall in the distance. He rested his arms on the smooth marble wall that surrounded the balcony, covered in intricate hand-carved patterns. I lowered my eyes to assess it, now that it had become increasingly more interesting since Rye had appeared.

“It’s a beautiful sight,” he said, raising a paw to gesture to the world outside.

“Yeah.” I nodded in agreement, keeping all tone from my voice. Either that, or I couldn’t muster any tone in the first place. My throat was getting thick and it was harder to speak than it usually would have been. I hated this feeling.

“We spent ages building the city to imitate the curve of the land. We did not wish it to hinder the outside. This city is one that flows with the world, and I think this views captures that perfectly.”

Silence followed.

“But you didn’t come here to talk about the view, did you?” I finally muttered under my breath.

Rye took this chance to turn towards me, trying to catch my gaze, but still I averted him. “No,” he sighed. “I came to talk…about us.”

I whirled to face him then, paws clenched, fur bristling. “Well there isn’t anything to say!” Tears threatened to well in my eyes, and I pushed them back with all my might, willed them not to fall. Not a single drop. “You left me, Rye. You LEFT. And what was worse is you kept secrets from me. How can there be anything between us if not trust? Darkrai of ALL Pokemon. How could you go to him?!” I realised my voice had risen a few octaves and I glanced towards the doorway to make sure no one had overheard, but Rye had closed it silently when he had entered. The Elekid raised a paw to my shoulder but I stumbled back to avoid it, panting. “How could you leave me?” I uttered. My voice, resolve, completely shattered. My knees buckled and I fell to the floor, weeping in silence. This time Rye didn’t make a move to my side, but held back, warring with himself to do so.

“I had to do what was best for you,” he told me, casting his gaze to the mountains. “I had to do what was safe. I knew you would hate me for it, but I couldn’t be around you like that. Seeing what I had done to you…what I am still doing to you,” he corrected, “I just…can’t bear it. I couldn’t bear it. I didn’t want to stay and witness what I’d done to hurt the one I cared for most. And so I did the only thing I could do; I contacted Altair for help. I am not ashamed to say I loathe him, after what I learned from you, but I have no doubt he has your best interests at heart. That is the common ground we share. I knew he would not harm you, as I had. So I consulted him for advice.” Rye paused to catch his breath and run a paw through the tufts of loose fur over his head. “I went to Darkrai because…he was the only option. The only way I would ever see you again. Please, Zanna, you have to understand. You are not the only one hurting.”

Through the haze of my tear-stained face I was able to lift my head. Rye, who so solemn cries, let alone show any hint of emotion, permitted a solitary tear to fall to the ground. Just one. He did not try to hide it, either. But through everything he’d done to me, I hadn’t the heart to put myself in his place, for fear if I did I might disintegrate entirely, unable to stand on my feet again. I simply couldn’t. I clenched my eyes shut tight until they hurt. Even then, the external pain was welcome, for it lessened what I felt within. Then, when I was willing myself to drown in a pool of frozen ice, something warm flowed through my being.

Rye had lowered himself to the cool marble floor and held a paw under my chin. He pressed his mouth to mine gently, as soft as a butterfly. My heart immediately soared as I remembered the feeling. This felt familiar. It felt…right. I was far too taken aback to offer any resistance. And for a moment I lost myself in the warmth it provided, drawing me upwards from icy depths. But there was something else that wormed its way into my core. A swirling black darkness that threatened to quell the fire. I could feel it probing around the edges, looking for a way in. Frightened by the black abyss, I withdrew, eyes flying open. I broke contact with Rye, my heart still racing.

The Elekid peered at me as I pressed myself to the banister, taking in the rise and fall of my chest. It was all too apparent that he had understood well what I had just experienced. But I had a suspicion he wanted to let me see the darkness and to know, as the fire had, that he was able to keep it from going out of control, from consuming him – consuming me.

Without a word Rye held out a paw, suspending it in the air. My eyes took in its form, making barely the slightest movement to do so. The recognisable contours of his fur laced with a golden hue; gleaming claws. But this was…all too familiar. I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to believe in anymore. I tore my eyes away for a split second. My head, or my heart? And that second was all I needed.

I glanced at his paw once again, hanging just above me in the air, unwavering. It all happened so fast; a vision flashed before my eyes. It was dark – night. I was standing amongst the carnage, reaching out a paw to the one thing that had held my sorry world together. The one thing that had made it turn. I was vaguely aware of wet tears sliding down my cheeks, my brow pressing closer to my eyes. I was scared. This feeling…it was fear. But I wasn’t scared of the figure that stood in front of me. No. I was scared of losing that figure. And when it turned and walked away, I had no will left anymore. Nothing left. I was a black hole. I didn’t want to live.

I gasped, back in the present. Without realising it, I had experienced the worst moment I had ever had, all over again. And Rye’s paw still hung in the air. I dared not to meet his eyes, for fear what I might do. But my brain knew what it wanted. I rose fluently and retreated, in check with my fear. Without waiting for a reaction I turned and ran, flinging the door open with force.

I ran as far as my feet would take me, for as long as I could hold out. I ran until the tears began to fall from my face all over again, until I cried so silently there was nothing left. I ran until I could no longer hear the pleading of Rye’s voice behind me. Ran until I forgot everything – even who I was. My only fear now was what would happen when I stopped running. It seemed this time my mind had won, my heart nothing but a scattered memory.

----------

IT LIVES. AHAHAHA. Ahem. Anyway I think it's about time I got another chapter up, don't you? xD

Links
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 37 - IT LIVES.]

Okay, guys, here's a treat for ya! I managed to *cough*FINALLY*cough* draw up a sketch of the current gang. :P So here! I'll also stick the pic on the front page, as a kind of welcome before you read the story!

From left to right; Dash (Sneasel), Jarre (Torchic), Tali (Buizel), Zanna (Female Pikachu), Altair (Male Pikachu), Rye (Elekid), Lani (Houndoom) and Codan (the Dragonite waaaaay in the back!).

Links