Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Unhappy do you have to ev train

is it wrong not to ev train your pokemanz, or do you just have to get them to lv100 and they will be ok. i heard that if you decide to ev train, you have to catch/hatch a entirely new team cuz ev training means keeping track of all pokemanz your pokeman battles, is this true, or can you ev train from for example lv:84. can you ev train in lv100? i heard of the box trick but it dosent work in gen 5. PLZ help
Old 01-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: do you have to ev train

You don't have to EV train your Pokemon. People only really EV train if they're interested in competitive battling. An EV trained Pokemon will be stronger than a Pokemon that hasn't been EV trained so if you're going to try battling competitively, it's probably a good idea to EV train.

It's easiest to start EV training a Pokemon before it has been in any battles (when you first catch/hatch it). You can EV train it if it's already been in some battles, but you'll need to remove the EVs it already has by feeding it particular berries.

By the time a Pokemon is at level 84, it will probably have all of its EVs already, so you will need to remove then and then EV train the Pokemon.

Apparently you can EV train level 100 Pokemon. The stats are recalculated after every battle. You just EV train as normal and the stats will increase, you don't need to deposit the Pokemon in a box or anything.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Old 01-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

EV training is actually really fun. I suggest you try it once to see how you like it, and your end result. If you really wanna shoot for the moon, find the right nature and personality combonation that will max out your chosen stats the fastest. And if you're really looking for strength, try IV breeding.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
EV training is actually really fun. I suggest you try it once to see how you like it, and your end result. If you really wanna shoot for the moon, find the right nature and personality combonation that will max out your chosen stats the fastest. And if you're really looking for strength, try IV breeding.
i tried and it didnt result in anything, just alot of wasted time (that may have some kind of link to the fact that my pokemon are lv97(i know, i have been lazy)), i am not a total n0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000b in pokemanz i started this thread to see if you think non ev trained pokemon are HORRIBLE! LOL