Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Charizard Offline

Default Re: Red/Blue/Yellow Game Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmarMan View Post
Bulbasaur is available in one of the houses in Cerulean City. Charmander is available by talking to the kid directly above Nugget Bridge. Squirtle is available in Vermillean (spelling) after beating Lt. Surge.
Well, Squirtle is the easiest to get since you just need to beat Lt. Surge.
And the hardest is Bulbasaur. I never knew he exact details and requirements on how to get it but I always got it with pure luck. :p
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
Well, Squirtle is the easiest to get since you just need to beat Lt. Surge.
And the hardest is Bulbasaur. I never knew he exact details and requirements on how to get it but I always got it with pure luck. :p
Actually Charmander's the easiest to get since you just need to talk to the kid (and getting past Nugget Bridge isn't hard).
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
Is it me or did Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have above-average stats in these games. When I got them, they would sweep the elite four. The thing is that they are not considered uber in the latest generations
None of the legendary trios are ever regarded as Uber in any generation. Infact, even in RBY, Moltres and Articuno were only BL, and Zapdos has always been OU. But the reason the former two are relatively unseen competitively is due to the prevalance of Stealth Rock, which seriously hampers their use, considering the 50% health loss every time they switch in. Articuno also has a terrible typing, especially since it focuses on the defensive spectrum. None are bad Pokemon in any sense, they just can't perform particularly well in the Uber environment.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Glitch Hunter Offline

Default Re: For Red/Blue fans only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Thx vellyvell.
Yes, the Missingno cheat is available in Red/Green/Blue, but is taken out since Yellow.
This is blatantly false.

Missingno can be encountered using the Mew Trick in Yellow. Note that the missingno yellow is a bit trickier than the r/b one... seeing it will freeze the game about 4 times out of 5 or so, and it can't be trained like the r/b missingno (although it can be rare candied; the exp required for it to get to the next level is simply insane), I'm pretty sure it's otherwise safe (again, pretty sure; they may well have been responsible for the mysterious loss of data I experienced one day).

(Note: The claim on the picture that yellow missingo does not duplicate items is false.)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

None of the legendary trios are ever regarded as Uber in any generation. Infact, even in RBY, Moltres and Articuno were only BL, and Zapdos has always been OU. But the reason the former two are relatively unseen competitively is due to the prevalance of Stealth Rock, which seriously hampers their use, considering the 50% health loss every time they switch in. Articuno also has a terrible typing, especially since it focuses on the defensive spectrum. None are bad Pokemon in any sense, they just can't perform particularly well in the Uber environment.

This information isnt completely correct. Zapdos was uu in the pervious generations but is uu in the 5th gen. Moltres was UU in the 4th gen.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

My RBY team is:

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Raichu
Golem
Alakazam or Mewtwo

I don't understand why people like missingno. It's not even a real Pokemon. It's glitched data and it can harm your game save. I encountered it a couple of times when I first started playing Red and Blue but never caught it. Then I heard that it was a potentially harmful glitch and so I was glad I never did catch it.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I can only remember some of my frist team

Charizard
Laprs
Perisan
Dewgong
Victreebel
Mewtwo

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Glitch Hunter Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya View Post
I don't understand why people like missingno. It's not even a real Pokemon. It's glitched data and it can harm your game save. I encountered it a couple of times when I first started playing Red and Blue but never caught it. Then I heard that it was a potentially harmful glitch and so I was glad I never did catch it.
We like missingno and other glitches because it provides a whole new facet to the game. The value lies in exploring regions of the game even the designers haven't charted, in my opinion. :)

And no, missingno won't damage your save file (although Yellow Missingno will frequently freeze your game upon encounter). 'M, a similar glitch, will cause problems if you put it in your PC, and both will corrupt your Hall of Fame data and may cause minor graphical disruptions, but neither are known to erase save files or cause permanent damage. (Although some sources suggest .4, a different glitch, may delete game data. I've heard conflicting stories on that one.)

(Ignore anything Nintendo says about Missingno and any glitches. Nintendo understandably has a strong anti-glitch bias.)
Old 01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
technet Offline

I remember missingno it screwed my saved game and i've never touched my blue version again lol
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
PokeMark Offline

I remember first getting Yellow when I was 11 (I think?). I was so stubborn that I defeated Brock using Pikachu, think I had him to about a level 20 before the fight. Ridiculous. All I remember about my first time is I have Pickachu at 100 by the time i got to the Elite 4 and had a Dugtrio at 65?

Thought I was unbeatable until a friend with Blue had used the Missingo cheat to duplicate Rare Candy and he wiped the floor with me because all his Pokemon were insane.

I need to find my Gameboy...
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
PokeMark Offline

I remember first getting Yellow when I was 11 (I think?). I was so stubborn that I defeated Brock using Pikachu, think I had him to about a level 20 before the fight. Ridiculous. All I remember about my first time is I have Pickachu at 100 by the time i got to the Elite 4 and had a Dugtrio at 65?

Thought I was unbeatable until a friend with Blue had used the Missingo cheat to duplicate Rare Candy and he wiped the floor with me because all his Pokemon were insane.

I need to find my Gameboy...