Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Default Fan Character and Original character discussion

I was gonna post some long-winded and awesome speech about the rise of fancharacters and all that crud, but I'll get right to the point. Here, talk about your fancharacters and original characters. My favorite out of all my FCs is:

Name: Spike(full name Spike Scarlet Primare)
Species: Mobian Cat
Height: 3 feet
Fancharacter For: Sonic the Hedgehog

Backstory: Spike always had a somewhat unusual ability. By watching any animated series, he could temporarily copy the abilities of one character for 30 minutes. However, he watched so many cartoons that he actually permanently gained the ability to warp reality. The only problem? He's nice and wouldn't hurt a fly, but he is a freaking moron. You have to see him in action to get a feel for his stupidity.

Abilities: Along with the aforementioned reality-warping, Spike can break the laws of the universe by walking underwater, climbing up invisible ladders, and walking home from a planet five thousand miles away at the LEAST. He also is completely invulnerable and cannot be killed. This is less of an important story point and more something that's played for laughs(Ex: "I just gave you a beating that would make SHADOW cower in submission, and you claim your HEAD HURTS?!"). He's not some legendary hero, just a moron with waaaay too much money and free time.

Other: He's a world class prankster. That is all.

TROLLING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. AT ALL.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Fan Character and Original character discussion

Hmm, wouldn't this be better located in the fanfiction discussion section? Anyway, I have a lot of OCs because my brain seems to rapidly spit out amazing character ideas as I read something, and I am proud to say that I do not churn out Mary Sues. I can't say I really have a personal favorite (too many I love to death), though a fan favorite appears to be my Tegami Bachi/Letter Bee OC pair Rossa Tuluse and her boyfriend Parker Manalee.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-31-2011, 02:22 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Hm, not really. I'm pretty sure that this should stay in Entertainment. If you want, contact a mod and see if he or she will move it.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I'm not quite sure where this belongs, but it would probably be in fanfiction like Winter said. It has to deal with characters, which are usually used in stories or role plays (which in my opinion are interactable, unplanned stories). Plus, we already have Character Chat ;D

...I have to say, looking at Spike, that's a character that...Well, I would have problems with. No one is invulnerable XD

Also, fun fact; Mobius is the result of a mistake. Y'see, talking about the Sonic series, they said "Mobius Strip". But they didn't mean land - they meant it's that loop that...Well, take a band and twist it into a figure eight. That's a Mobius Strip XP 'Tis just a fun fact, though!

But, meh. All of my characters have original personalities, at least. My Shadow is wiser and a little kinder. But, I claimed Nazo as mine. The idea and name isn't mine - it's SEGA - but they didn't use him. I took him and turned him into the character he is now. Like every other incarnation, he was a villain at first, but it was revealed it was against his will and such.

...Also, he likes ice cream.

......Like, a lot.

..........Take away his ice cream and you will die.

What about ice cream?

Uh, nothing ya living glow stick. Nothing at all. Go brighten someone else's day with your bright Aura made of dark energy. ...It's a paradox! XD

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 01-01-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
I'm not quite sure where this belongs, but it would probably be in fanfiction like Winter said. It has to deal with characters, which are usually used in stories or role plays (which in my opinion are interactable, unplanned stories). Plus, we already have Character Chat ;D

...I have to say, looking at Spike, that's a character that...Well, I would have problems with. No one is invulnerable XD

Also, fun fact; Mobius is the result of a mistake. Y'see, talking about the Sonic series, they said "Mobius Strip". But they didn't mean land - they meant it's that loop that...Well, take a band and twist it into a figure eight. That's a Mobius Strip XP 'Tis just a fun fact, though!

But, meh. All of my characters have original personalities, at least. My Shadow is wiser and a little kinder. But, I claimed Nazo as mine. The idea and name isn't mine - it's SEGA - but they didn't use him. I took him and turned him into the character he is now. Like every other incarnation, he was a villain at first, but it was revealed it was against his will and such.

...Also, he likes ice cream.

......Like, a lot.

..........Take away his ice cream and you will die.

What about ice cream?

Uh, nothing ya living glow stick. Nothing at all. Go brighten someone else's day with your bright Aura made of dark energy. ...It's a paradox! XD
XD Yeah. Spike is essentially a cartoon character given physical form. Plus, like I said, the invulnerability is played for laughs. A rich, invincible idiot. Run for your lives.

In any case, Mobius sounds cooler, so... yeah.

Hellooooooo!

GOOD GRIEF, NOT YOU! GO AWAY NONONO GIMME BACK THAT KEYBO- *static*
Old 01-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Psssst. No double posting :)

Yeah. I like the idea behind him, though.

Unlike me, who...Well, I guess I have my own way. Any of my characters, while belonging to SEGA usually, except a few notable exceptions (Skye, I'm looking at you! Although he was based on "what if this..." in terms of Nazo. Nazo would have become Skye had he not died at such a young age. SPLIT TIMELINES ROCK), have their own personalities and powers.

Shadow, for instance, is a bit wiser and less violent (just a little), but has the ability to manipulate Chaos Energy far better than SEGA's version. He can also turn into a dragon (answering how they went from a lizard to a hedgehog, lol.).

Sonic...Eh, my Sonic is a little more violent and sometimes serious. Fwee~ I adore his personality in "Eternity of Time", for the few chapters he's appeared in (he didn't appear until around chapter 60 or so XD). A goofball, really. How Flaym (his Rapidash) puts up with him is anyone's guess.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Did that seriously happen?! Better fix it.

Eh, I prefer original characters. Flaym XD
Old 01-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Indeed. FLAYM. He kicks butt. He's like a fusion of several of my character's personalities XD

Other original characters are Twisted Tornadic Terror (Triple T), designed for The Armada for the most recent WAR RP. She's an insane, flying bullet train. Yes, you heard right. A train. That flies.

Cyclo, a tornado that is only able to be sentient thanks to a curse placed on him to force him to feel emotions other than the mindless desire to destroy all tornadoes have (they aren't considered people, but monsters. ALL OF THEM are uncontrollable. This curse lets him experience other emotions. See? Curses aren't always bad, even if it limits his strength).

I also have Cyan the Dragon, a cutie who speaks in third person ("Cyan hungry!") and is very young. He can only spit embers, but it seems he has a hidden power inside him... Chaperoned by Dusty the Velocidragon and Cricket the Grasshopper (does not speak).
Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Winter Offline

A rich, invincible idiot...*shivers* Scary.

*pats back* It'll be okay. ^_^

Haha, most people can't stand OCs, if only because of all the illiterate people out there who create the worst Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus EVAR that everyone loves and is perfect in every single way and can be graced with naturally wild-colored hair/fur in realistic settings. I love comments regarding actually well-written OC fics that remark "I usually don't like OCs, but (Insert name here) was actually very well-written and characterized and fit into this fanfic very well..." because people tend to sound overly happy or awed by the fact that some people can have decent OCs that aren't Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus. I have had this happen to me, if only once because stubborn people on FFNet don't like to comment. It was in regards to another OC of mine, Amber, who appeared in my first finished fanfic ever, in the Kingdom Hearts fandom.

Hi there. I'm glad I got some recognition seeing as Anya and Rayna won't be getting it as you originally intended, considering you believe their fic would "incite major KH fan RAGE" as you say. They rip apart the belief Sora needs to save everyone in the end, I'm just a kinda meaningless background story, but I don't mind. I got a somewhat happy ending and freedom from my illness at last.

I have no idea where her character idea came from, but it pushed me to finish her fic. XD

You have interesting char ideas, Grassy, but that's just you in general. Never boring with you and your chars around!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Indeed. FLAYM. He kicks butt. He's like a fusion of several of my character's personalities XD

Other original characters are Twisted Tornadic Terror (Triple T), designed for The Armada for the most recent WAR RP. She's an insane, flying bullet train. Yes, you heard right. A train. That flies.

Cyclo, a tornado that is only able to be sentient thanks to a curse placed on him to force him to feel emotions other than the mindless desire to destroy all tornadoes have (they aren't considered people, but monsters. ALL OF THEM are uncontrollable. This curse lets him experience other emotions. See? Curses aren't always bad, even if it limits his strength).

I also have Cyan the Dragon, a cutie who speaks in third person ("Cyan hungry!") and is very young. He can only spit embers, but it seems he has a hidden power inside him... Chaperoned by Dusty the Velocidragon and Cricket the Grasshopper (does not speak).
Speaking of trains, guess how far Spike's reality warping goes.
I like trains.
OH NONONOWAIT *steamrolled*
Old 01-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Yeah, Winter, I understand that. When I created Camille, who would become Shadow (the Hedgehog's) girlfriend, I did everything I could to NOT make her fit that agenda. Why, when they first met - and for a while after that - they tried to kill each other. After that, they were edgy around each other because of it. And besides, they don't really kiss or anything - Shadow still won't say "I love you", so he's in character (the closest - "I will always be there to protect you". Yeah. That IS something he would say). And the kid they have? He was forced into the role of being an adoptive father. He only recently let Grape start calling him "Dad", and even then it's off and on. Grape doesn't want to make Shadow angry.

...Did I mention she, when angry, lights his tail on fire? XD

So I did everything I could to avoid a mary-sue character. She has conflict in her own life, and has lost a lot as well, which made her sync up with Shadow pretty well. And thankfully for him, she's ageless due to her fallen God granting that to her. Although, I'm going to change quite a few things in Dark Storm, so that might no longer apply.

For example, her ability to fuse with other characters...I need to figure things out about that :/ Although only with two other characters (Sonic and Shadow), yet those characters cannot fuse on their own. I guess I don't fuse Sonic and Shadow because that's already been done and I don't like copying XD But who knows? That might change. A fusion between Sonic and Shadow would be...Interesting, though, even though it has been done before.

EDIT: Okay, checked DA. The fusion I have in mind...I'm finding some similar ideas, but not exactly the same. HOOPLAH. So my..."Shadic", as the fusion is called, is all right. I have to finalize details, but that shouldn't take too long. As it is, "Shadic" is...Geh. I like the name Zephyr, though. Although, you're combining wind and darkness... Nimbus? Ironically, the ones I'm finding were from "Nazo Unleashed" XD No, I do not intend to use their version of Nazo. I value my version as being an anti-hero/failed hero compared to a flat out evil entity.

...He'll still kick your donkey, though.

Yes I will :)

And yes, my characters are interesting. Each has a story to tell, but alas, I don't have the ability to tell all of them!

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 01-06-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Anyways, Spike. He actually used to be serious before his brain got fried, and will occasionally revert to being serious under certain circumstances. Also, do NOT hurt his sister, do not hurt his brother, and if you value your life and the lives of all those you hold dear, DO NOT TRY TO HURT HIS GIRLFRIEND. Just ask Mad Jack.

My head still hurts. Ow.

I still don't remember that.

Mad Jack from Donkey Kong 64, but I've created my own version.

Anyways, off topic, but can you guess what song is this? I'm thinking of using it for the theme of my version of Dark Link.

"Now that I have the power, THIS is my finest hour! Nothing on this earth can stop me now!"

Love it, BTW.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Winter Offline

Kinda sounds like my play on the Mad Hatter, Cerise. She's a psychotic, dress-wearing, people-hating, hitwoman for her mob-boss brother. Who speaks French on and off. About the only people she gets along with are her brother and her maid, whom you DO NOT touch if you want to live. There are also times when she acts like she's five due to the mental trauma that initially caused her psycho-ness in the first place, but it's typically at night and only around her brother and her maid.

Wow, Grassy. XD I think I like Camille.

I just don't think I can create Mary-Sues. I'm not the kind of person that everybody loves for no reason, so why would I make a character like that? If a character is liked or hated, there's got to be a reason, and not everybody can like one person, there will always be that one dissenting voice--it's just not realistic. I have issues, and that tends to transfer to my chars, and if not, they're just a bit odd. Take Rossa for an example, she's your average girl--redhead, green eyes, little bit tall, uneventful childhood...but she's almost inseperable from her older brother until about seventeen, when she gets a boyfriend. However, she's a bit outgoing and incredibly cheerful...and so airheaded and
odd that there are times the things that come out of her mouth just do not compute. And
her boyfriend? Parker is incredibly skittish, "don't-notice-me" kind of personality, and most people generally distrust him because of his past. She drags him around sometimes, but she loves him to death anyway and spends her time talking to him about crazy ideas she has. Like that Christmas party at his house with his entire massive "family" and their coworkers. XD

Old 01-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

I don't recognize that song, no :/

Yes. Camille is the embodiment if who I WANT to be. Taller, accurate with aim, more patient...Yet she retains my fiery temper. She also has a dad that loves her XD Although my stepdad loves me <3

Nazo is the embodiment of my indecision and rage, I suppose. Skye is the embodiment of my pain and wisdom.

Yet despite how much Camille represents me, I think Skye does a better job. He's my favorite character too XP

Yay psycho!

{Tee hee. Being insane is a state of mind - I state that I don't mind it! Tee hee. It's so fun~ It's so fun~}
Skye: Bah. You get the fun "insanity" - I get the downright dangerous kind. Life is so unfair >.<
Old 01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Kinda sounds like my play on the Mad Hatter, Cerise. She's a psychotic, dress-wearing, people-hating, hitwoman for her mob-boss brother. Who speaks French on and off. About the only people she gets along with are her brother and her maid, whom you DO NOT touch if you want to live. There are also times when she acts like she's five due to the mental trauma that initially caused her psycho-ness in the first place, but it's typically at night and only around her brother and her maid.

Wow, Grassy. XD I think I like Camille.

I just don't think I can create Mary-Sues. I'm not the kind of person that everybody loves for no reason, so why would I make a character like that? If a character is liked or hated, there's got to be a reason, and not everybody can like one person, there will always be that one dissenting voice--it's just not realistic. I have issues, and that tends to transfer to my chars, and if not, they're just a bit odd. Take Rossa for an example, she's your average girl--redhead, green eyes, little bit tall, uneventful childhood...but she's almost inseperable from her older brother until about seventeen, when she gets a boyfriend. However, she's a bit outgoing and incredibly cheerful...and so airheaded and
odd that there are times the things that come out of her mouth just do not compute. And
her boyfriend? Parker is incredibly skittish, "don't-notice-me" kind of personality, and most people generally distrust him because of his past. She drags him around sometimes, but she loves him to death anyway and spends her time talking to him about crazy ideas she has. Like that Christmas party at his house with his entire massive "family" and their coworkers. XD
Sounds like Spike, except that he reverts to normal at VERY random moments. However, when around certain power sources, he stays normal.

I also have two other characters. Thorn, Spike's adopted brother. He's actually from medieval times, and the last Primare Knight. He was sent to retrieve the recently-discovered Chaos Emeralds for the Mobian king, but was attacked en route by their first guardian, the Chaos Dragon. This dragon lost the battle, but got the last laugh by sending Thorn forward into time. Thorn's a massive technophobe. How bad? Well... they need to buy new TVs every three weeks. Thorn's fur is light blue.

Then there's Spike's adopted sister, Paize. She was part of a series of android probes sent to Mobius from a world called Zephylodia. She has an arm cannon, a laser blade, and can fly.

Also, Spike has shown the ability to go super under certain circumstances, but it's more DBZ than STH.