Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The whole reason the U.S was able to get invaded by the Korean army was because the infrastructure had fallen apart, due to the U.S economy. So, yes, a scenario such as Homefront has nothing to do with Kim's death, but rather the state of the U.S economy.
Sure, "a scenario" like Homefront has nothing to do with Kim Jong Il's death. However this scenario does. Watch the video again if you want confirmation, because I'm done arguing the obvious.

Quote:
The death of Kim Jong-Il would have happened whether or not the idea was even conceivable, meaning it is simply a retrofit. It is almost as if you were to say that Jesus is obviously only a part divine being just because because he died. That has no support in the idea that he was a divine being, but rather simply, a mortal one.
This makes no sense. Whether or not what was even conceivable? Are you arguing that the invasion would have occurred even if he didn't die? I hope not, because you can't prove that. All that you can argue is that North Korea's weapon's program grew in strength and atomic testing inspired tensions between North Korea and the United States. This is all the information we are given from Homefront before Kim Jong Il's death, so it's all that you can use. This does not mean that there will be an invasion and it's impossible to predict that from this information alone.

From the storyline that we are given, we're forced to assume that his death and his son's subsequent rise to power are the key causes for Korea's invasion of the U.S. We're led to assume this because before Kim Jong Il's death, nothing really happened other than growing tensions between the U.S. and North Korea. While this is significant, it amounts to nothing more than political arguing because no "concrete" action was taken. After Kim Jong-Un became North Korea's supreme leader, we are immediately told that he united North and South Korea, and that he annexed Japan and other Pacific countries. Only after Kim Jong-Un's rise to power do we actually see things happen, so the opening sequence is trying to get you to see that he was the cause of it. I'm afraid they couldn't make it any more obvious, so if you missed that then I encourage you to carefully watch the video again and note the blatant details on the screen before you.
__________________

Last edited by Exon Auxus; 12-28-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

I am implying that just because Kim Jong-Il died does not make it a Homefront-esque scenario, because whether or not the scenario was thought of, he would have died. As I said, it is retrofitting.

Actually, the U.S pulled out of Japan, and all other foreign operations, because of its horrible economy so that it could fixate on internal affairs because the economy was so bad, and the infrastructure was failing. If you pay attention to the dialogue in the game, Texas even split from the U.S. So, even if Kim's son is in power, it in now way suggests a Homefront scenario.


I can tell you that Kim Jong-Il nor his son would not have untied the North and South together. The South has too recent reminder of what his bastard father did.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 12-28-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I am implying that just because Kim Jong-Il died does not make it a Homefront-esque scenario, because whether or not the scenario was thought of, he would have died. As I said, it is retrofitting.

Actually, the U.S pulled out of Japan, and all other foreign operations, because of its horrible economy so that it could fixate on internal affairs because the economy was so bad, and the infrastructure was failing. If you pay attention to the dialogue in the game, Texas even split from the U.S. So, even if Kim's son is in power, it in now way suggests a Homefront scenario
I'm glad that you understand common sense, but you've once again misunderstood what I was saying. That, or you're willfully ignoring it. The story behind Homefront was centered around Kim Jong Il's death and his son's rise to power, so it's natural for one who's played the game (and perhaps not just read a summary online) to raise an eyebrow out of curiosity. Google it, and you'll see responses similar to mine. There are even changes to the Japanese version of Homefront because of his death. Google it again - a lot of people are creeped out by this irony. Now most people are joking, and I'm not superstitious, but I think it's something worth noting. But there's no use arguing. The beginning of Homefront's opening sequence is strangely similar to Kim Jong Il's death. All of that other nonsense about Texas, the economy, and whether or not the full Homefront story is even possible is just irrelevant. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't change the similarities that already exist between the beginning of that story and current events. Perhaps an earnest thirst for disagreement is consistently blocking you from seeing the obvious, and convincing you to debate something that's both arguable and extraneous.

http://arcadianalchemy.com/blog/2011...ong-ils-death/

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/12/20/...ong-ils-death/

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=194468

It's just simply mind-boggling that I have to sit and argue the obvious.

__________________

Last edited by Exon Auxus; 12-28-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Lusankya's Avatar
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post


Kind of. Homefront is actually about the unification of North Korea and South Korea to create the Greater Korean Republic. "Korea" experiences a golden age and starts takin' over places, and the U.S. is one of those places. The U.S. also happened to have a deteriorating economy at the time, with gas prices just about breaking the twenty dollar mark. But that story started because Kim Jong Il died, and his son, Kim Jong-woon rose to power and united North and South Korea. So it completely revolved around Kim Jong Il's death, because those event didn't occur until that switch in power.

I just find it funny because this seems a lot like the story already.
... this sounds utterly retarded.

Is this game a parody, or is it meant to be serious?
__________________

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
... this sounds utterly retarded.

Is this game a parody, or is it meant to be serious?
It's a game with a storyline that ironically (and unintentionally) predicts Kim Jong Il's death. If you think it's silly then keep your useless comment to yourself, because it contributes nothing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post


I'm glad that you understand common sense, but you've once again misunderstood what I was saying. That, or you're willfully ignoring it. The story behind Homefront was centered around Kim Jong Il's death and his son's rise to power, so it's natural for one who's played the game (and perhaps not just read a summary online) to raise an eyebrow out of curiosity. Google it, and you'll see responses similar to mine. There are even changes to the Japanese version of Homefront because of his death. Google it again - a lot of people are creeped out by this irony. Now most people are joking, and I'm not superstitious, but I think it's something worth noting. But there's no use arguing. The beginning of Homefront's opening sequence is strangely similar to Kim Jong Il's death. All of that other nonsense about Texas, the economy, and whether or not the full Homefront story is even possible is just irrelevant. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't change the similarities that already exist between the beginning of that story and current events. Perhaps an earnest thirst for disagreement is consistently blocking you from seeing the obvious, and convincing you to debate something that's both arguable and extraneous.

http://arcadianalchemy.com/blog/2011...ong-ils-death/

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/12/20/...ong-ils-death/

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=194468

It's just simply mind-boggling that I have to sit and argue the obvious.

The only minute similarity is the fact that Kim Jong-Il died. As I have said before, the man would have died with or without the existence of the game. The idea of there being some truth to the game simply because Kimmy died is ridiculous.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The only minute similarity is the fact that Kim Jong-Il died. As I have said before, the man would have died with or without the existence of the game. The idea of there being some truth to the game simply because Kimmy died is ridiculous.

No one said there was "any truth to the game because he died". Feel free to re-read what I wrote. You have consistently proven to me that you desperately lack the ability to focus on what is actually said rather than what your imagination spontaneously creates - be it for your own intellectual stimulation or just willful ignorance. One can only enjoy running around in circles for so long. If you can't respond to what I legitimately say and not to what you would like me to say, then I'll kindly ask you to stop wasting my time. Again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Redlark's Avatar
Redlark Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: In a rice bowl, full of curry beef.
Posts: 357
Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Lol, Homefront? I didn't even know there was a game about the scenario of Ill Kim dying? That's silly, but probably an interesting what-if game.

I've been watching a lot of NHK recently to get some Japanese insight on the whole matter, but I don't know how I feel about his son yet. He seems just as eccentric, but I don't know. He's got some wacky shades, which doesn't help or hurt his case... The Japanese never liked the Koreans, so the news is probably skewed to a degree. But I'm pretty sure, with all their current problems with rebuilding and radiation, they don't want any confrontations with Korea of both ends.

Communism is a religion. And just as dangerous as any religion once taken to fanaticism.

The crazy crying over Kim dying is probably because it's the law. Or, some people are brainwashed to believe that their man god just died, or they don't want to get shot for insubordination.

...eitherway--where can I find Homefront? How long has it been out? I don't feel like looking it up, I've got din din to make for the fam.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The only minute similarity is the fact that Kim Jong-Il died. As I have said before, the man would have died with or without the existence of the game. The idea of there being some truth to the game simply because Kimmy died is ridiculous.
Despite the fact that Un holds or has expressed the desire to invade South Korea (Arguably uniting the two).

Despite the fact the US economy is at its weakest its been in decades. (Which could be what inspired the weakened US because of economy by said writers)

Despite the fact that according to said story of Homefront Korea would not have invaded a vulnerable US because of its failing economy had it not united and developed its "Golden Age" which would not have happened if Un had not rose to power from his father's death.

As for Homefront it came out in March of this year and is available on Steam or at any retail electronic or video game vendor

Here is a link if you're interested:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55100/
__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Lucario View Post
Despite the fact that Un holds or has expressed the desire to invade South Korea (Arguably uniting the two).

Despite the fact the US economy is at its weakest its been in decades. (Which could be what inspired the weakened US because of economy by said writers)

Despite the fact that according to said story of Homefront Korea would not have invaded a vulnerable US because of its failing economy had it not united and developed its "Golden Age" which would not have happened if Un had not rose to power from his father's death.

As for Homefront it came out in March of this year and is available on Steam or at any retail electronic or video game vendor

Here is a link if you're interested:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55100/
Do you see the gas prices breaking 20? Me neither. Not nearly as bad.

Do you see the South Koreans ever uniting with a Communist North Korea? Me neither. Kapish?
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 12-29-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Do you see the gas prices breaking 20? Me neither. Not nearly as bad.

Do you see the South Koreans ever uniting with a Communist North Korea? Me neither. Kapish?
I don't think you understand what intention/desire means...it means that Un WANTS to invade SK. But he never had the authority to do so until he rose to power post his father's death...not saying it will happen but history had shown what happens when a dictator has aggression for another country. You can "unite" a country under your jurisdiction by invading it if you didn't know that.

A weakened economy does not mean gas prices ARE at 20 but a failing economy could LEAD to them. A lot of the exposition of homefront was inspired by current events and one unique scenario in the East.

You might as well say it is also not the year 2027 so it doesn't relate even though once again you'd be besides the point.

The kickoff to the whole domino effect that led to the invasion in the story started off with 1. A failing US economy 2. Kim Jong Un rising to power post his father's death. NOTE I said started as in the beginning of the series of events that led to the events in the game.
żComprende?
__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Ambition will only take you so far when your only source of income is a small amount of trade with China and making counterfeit U.S currency. The only way North Korea would successfully win in any martial act is if China backed it up, which I doubt China would do considering they have too much at stake now.

As for the failing economy, it is difficult to say for the U.S. Too many variables are at play to make an accurate prediction. I know, however, that the United States will not fail in 15 years, and definitely not to some North Korean war machine.

It is "comprehendo" if you are trying to do it in slang.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Ambition will only take you so far when your only source of income is a small amount of trade with China and making counterfeit U.S currency. The only way North Korea would successfully win in any martial act is if China backed it up, which I doubt China would do considering they have too much at stake now.

As for the failing economy, it is difficult to say for the U.S. Too many variables are at play to make an accurate prediction. I know, however, that the United States will not fail in 15 years, and definitely not to some North Korean war machine.

It is "comprehendo" if you are trying to do it in slang.
So how can you say that there are too many variables to make a prediction, and then proceed to make a prediction...?

And how do you know that the United States won't fail (at whatever) in fifteen years? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not saying it will - I'd best make that clear before we begin another silly, hopeless quest running around in circles. No one knows what's going to happen, whenever. You can speculate with a certain degree of accuracy, but you can't tell me you know for a fact that the United States will even exist in fifteen years unless you're one of those "seers". And if you are, then perhaps you can tell me why I'm angry.
__________________

Last edited by Exon Auxus; 12-30-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Ambition will only take you so far when your only source of income is a small amount of trade with China and making counterfeit U.S currency. The only way North Korea would successfully win in any martial act is if China backed it up, which I doubt China would do considering they have too much at stake now.

As for the failing economy, it is difficult to say for the U.S. Too many variables are at play to make an accurate prediction. I know, however, that the United States will not fail in 15 years, and definitely not to some North Korean war machine.

It is "comprehendo" if you are trying to do it in slang.
And It's "Capisci" if you are trying speak Italian.

"Comprehendo" is Spanglish and is not synonymous to the Italian "Capisci"but I'm not here to argue basic foreign language skills.

You contradicted yourself in your second paragraph by saying there are too many variables to make a prediction yet in your second sentence claim the economy won't fail in 15 years.

And once again you are arguing as if it was said that exactly what would happen in the story would actually occur. No where was that said. The situation simply holds a similarity to the very beginning of the timeline that comes with the exposition of the story. Which is undoubtedly true via failing US economy and Kim Jong Un rising to power. Would it lead to that? No one can know for sure unless of course you claim clairvoyance.

__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG

Last edited by Blood Red Lucario; 12-29-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Kim Jong Il is dead?

This is the term I believe I was looking for. As I said, China has a lot at stake (especially with the U.S) and are tied way to closely for any (going back to the original point) Korean Invasion.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com