Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark
Default Re: Opinions on the President?

I guess I'm a troll anyway. Ban me.

But nobody answered my question:

Quote:
Redlark - Give me 10 awesome reasons why Obama should be voted back into office, based off fact.
Ban me, please. Do it. You know you want to.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBerry View Post
I didn't start the flame war.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/39...-the-flame-war

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s a trap! \
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . .\ ._________/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :Ί ‘-, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :o : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O ‘-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :Ί :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .
. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .
. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ \ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .
. . . \ :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,-‘-‘x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . \/ /---‘’’’ : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##Ί : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . /,’____ : :\ ‘-#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,― \ \ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’― :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ \ :: :: :: :’’’’’― :: ,-‘ :,/\ . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ \ \ . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\\’|\\ \|/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : :\ \, . . . . . . .
. . . ./― :| \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .
. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\\ . . . .
. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :―’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :―’’’’’-,_ .
./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’― : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,
/ : : : : : -, :―’’’’’’’’’’’― : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : :―’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

Nice one. Though I would hardly call this a flame war. This is just Redlark losing his temper.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Redlark Offline

Not temper, just a lack of communication:

Again,... dot to blah, I'm repeating myself for the third and final time until I realize this is just a, "I like this opinion, but will shoot down that one thread." If it is, I'll courteously leave your pep rally alone. It's your opinions, and I respect that.

I just thought this was an opinion thread, because you said in the first post:

Quote:
PE2K Voices - What are you opinions on the current U.S president? Is he okay? Is he awful? Is he amazing? And more importantly, out of all current possible presidential candidates, should he be elected again?
Giving me reason to believe that this was, "I want to hear opinions. Not call them ignorant because they're not mine."

Soooooo--

Quote:
Give me 10 awesome reasons why Obama should be voted back into office, based off fact.
If that's impossible to answer, I'll leave it be.

I'm sorry for being satirical, because people mistake that for anger or ranting. I forgot that this is a Pokemon site.

I also won't pull facts and numbers from the Social Security Organization, Federal Websites, or News Sources (ie. NBC, CNN, BBC) anymore. I'll just make up stuff from my mind and become a professor of Wikipedia.

Talk to the Magikarp, Nyan.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 AM

It is difficult to imply sarcasm, since there is no "tone" when you type.

If that is how you react when you have a "lack in communication", you need to work at it.

If you are going to state you opinions, you had best be educated in backing them up, hence the DISCUSSION THREAD.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Redlark Offline

Quote:
PE2K Voices - If you are going to state you opinions, you had best be educated in backing them up, hence the DISCUSSION THREAD.
I did.

And thank you for proving my point.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM

What point?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Ten reasons Obama should be elected back into office:
  1. He is our best alternative.
  2. He is helping our economy to recover
  3. The economic recovery would have probably been faster had the Republicans in the Capitol not voted against most of the things Obama was trying to do to fix this place.
  4. He pulled our troops from Iraq.
  5. In case you missed it, it was under him that Osama bin Laden was killed dead.
  6. He is a leader. He has charisma, and embodies the change he advocates.
  7. When was the last time you heard of an Al-Qaeda attack on the US?
  8. He is trying to fight the blatant corruption in the health care system.
  9. It's (the economy) recovering too slowly? So what? He said as much from day one.
  10. He knows what he's doing.

Now please, let's return to sanity.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
Ten reasons Obama should be elected back into office:
  1. He is our best alternative.
  2. He is helping our economy to recover
  3. The economic recovery would have probably been faster had the Republicans in the Capitol not voted against most of the things Obama was trying to do to fix this place.
  4. He pulled our troops from Iraq.
  5. In case you missed it, it was under him that Osama bin Laden was killed dead.
  6. He is a leader. He has charisma, and embodies the change he advocates.
  7. When was the last time you heard of an Al-Qaeda attack on the US?
  8. He is trying to fight the blatant corruption in the health care system.
  9. It's (the economy) recovering too slowly? So what? He said as much from day one.
  10. He knows what he's doing.

Now please, let's return to sanity.
1. Being the best alternative when compared to the likes of Bachmann and Romney isn't exactly stellar.

2. He's done little to help the economy in the past 3 years and only now has unemployment rates have dropped. By the virtue of his insisting of bipartisan victories, he has instead caused Republicans to pass more Republican-esque bills in more extreme-right-wing measures than if a Republican president was in office.

3. See 2. Obama had majority and had the ability to get past any fillibuster in the first half of his term. He didn't.

4. We still have troops in Iraq in a number of bases (the actual numbers I've forgotten).

5. It doesn't really matter that Osama died in his administration, since that was the actual work of US intelligence. Sooner or later Osama would have been killed anyway. We really don't know if that would be the case if McCain was in office.

6. What change? He has the charisma and he didn't deliver on a number of the biggest promises he made during the campaign.

7. Bush era. Then again, during the time Obama had become president, he was deceptively a great president for something like a full year before people started catching on.

8. How? Insurance companies are just as corrupt as ever. Drug companies are still charging exuberant amounts of money for drugs. Hospital costs are still rising at twice the inflation rate. Uninsured people are still screwed. Underinsured people are often even more screwed. He even created a donut hole that screwed a ton of people. Us physicians are even more screwed than before, with some of us essentially having to switch professions because we can't make money to cover for the costs of upkeep. He promised public option and failed to deliver. He didn't even bothered doing tort reform.

9. The bills he was passing was counterproductive to economic recovery. Kaynsian economics make sense only to a certain point, but there were major downsides to this tactic. In any case, companies were able to essentially take interest-free loans to try and make more money out of, but that was not trickling down. That is, trickle down economics does not work. Obama, instead of trying to find a different solution to the problem, trusted Ben Nelson. Guess where that guy went.

10. I'm afraid of the implications of that. With the NDAA signing and the existence of SOPA, I hope you know what I'm talking about.

In essence, we are to treat this Obama guy as any other politician. He is no different from any of the rest. At the moment, however, he is the lesser of the evils, though at this point it might just be a better idea to actually put someone who will nuke the heck out of the government system...Ron Paul. I shudder at that possibility as well.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Swampert Guy Offline

Cool Re: Opinions on the President?

Is he okay? Yes, I think...

Is he awful? Maybe...

Is he amazing? No, no, no.

I personally don't have much to talk about him. I'm not American. It doesn't matter for me who runs U.S., it could be McCain, Hillary, Shuazeneger...

United States don't have the influence it had in the past, now we have China and BRIC to appreciate.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 AM

The U.S is still considered the leader in technology, has the world's most powerful and elite fighting force, and is bolstered with the world's largest well-maintained nuclear arsenal. You are saying they do not have the presence they used to?

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Influence as in political influence. Perhaps, but definitely more so than when Bush was in power.