THE SEVENTH ANNUAL GYM TOURNAMENT
Hey everyone, it's been one year since all the Gym Leaders gathered in an undisclosed location and beat the stuffing out of each other. That means it's time to do the exact same thing again! The last place is still radioactive and there's :asod graffiti everywhere, but don't worry, we have a new arena for everyone to destroy. AND IT IS NOWHERE NEAR DUEL PENINSULA, I SWEAR.
Anyway, this tournament has been run every year for seven years now, and the premise is simple. Everyone who is skilled enough to hold a Gym is invited to take part and attempt to defeat their opponents using only the Pokemon they use in their Gym. This creates a competitive environment that will hone the skills of our leaders, and we'll find out once and for all who is the "best Gym Leader".
- You must post in this thread using the below form to confirm that your Gym is participating in this tournament.
- You may only use Pokemon you use in your Gym (owned or rented). If your line-up changes during the tournament, you will have to use the Pokemon that are on your line-up sheet, with the exception of Striaton Gym, Kumquat Island, Trovita Island, Navel Island, and Pummelo Island.
- Striation Gym, Kumquat Island, Trovita Island, Navel Island, and Pummelo Island may select any one of the seventeen Elemental Types and then enter using a monotype team of their chosen type. They may use a Wildcard (or two, if they choose the Dragon type) but standard Wildcard rules apply - they must own the Wildcard, and the Orange Island League Organiser must approve these. You may rent Pokemon for your monotype teams if you wish but they will be treated as normal Gym rents (i.e. any money you spend on them will be effectively wasted if/when their renting ends).
- The first round will not have any Leader at a disadvantage. After that it is just your luck who you battle and what type they are.
- This is an elimination tournament. That means if you lose, you're out.
- If there is an issue with time zones then make sure you contact me as soon as possible and we'll set up a date and time for you to battle your opponent.
Wildcards are allowed in this tournament.
- Defeating a Gym Leader in this tournament does not grant you their badge.
- All battles will take place on AIM and not the forum to ensure they are done quickly. The aim is to have each round take no longer than ten days.
- Striation Gym, Kumquat Island, Trovita Island, Navel Island, and Pummelo Island Leaders may be reimbursed for up to 50k they spend EMing their Rental Pokemon after the tournament ends. Any Pokemon obtained as a prize is excluded from reimbursement.
The first two or three rounds (depending on number of entrants) will be 4v4 battles. The rest will be 6v6. Below are the default rules for all battles.
B/W Revolution (may be changed to D/P/Pt Revolution if both battlers agree)
Items On (may be changed to Items Off if both battlers agree)
No Weather / Default Terrain
SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA Clauses On
Signups go from when this is posted until exactly one week later (168 hours). Assuming all goes well, after that each round will last between seven and ten days. I'm going to be really strict on that ten-day upper limit, so make sure you get battles done before the dates I'll post later.
First Place Prize:
Second Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon, you may choose one of those Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you have on them, and 3 more TMs on top of these.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned, you can claim any Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type with 3 TMs on it.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type then you may pick any Pokemon with 3 TMs on it.
Third Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Complex-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type you may claim a Complex-level or lower Pokemon.
Sign Up Form
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them, as long as their lowest-evolved form is Medium-ranked or lower.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Medium-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.