Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Explosions... Iran?

Does anyone find it weird how the Iranians are so quick to bury the bodies of the blasts near Tehran and not looking into what caused the explosions? So close to their nuclear power plant as well. Why? Why are they not putting more effort into finding out what caused it. So quick to point the finger at the Mossad I guess.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Explosions... Iran?

I can think of several reasons, none of them involving honesty.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-16-2011, 03:38 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I can think of several reasons that do include honesty. Sadly, none of them are at all likely.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

I can also think of several reasons: but why wouldn't Iran be honest? I see them as a very trustworthy ally in the middle east.

Sarcasm aside: there could a few good reasons:

1) They're being honest. There was an accident in transporting missiles and bombs and somebody thought it funny to play hot potato. Not so funny anymore. And since the long range missiles or whatever they may of been were part of their military, they don't want the rest of the world knowing what's specifically in their arsenal. There was simply an accident, we've got it under control, but it's our personal property of the state.

2) Sabotage. This can come from ANYWHERE. The Russians, Israel, USA, maybe even Iraq, the EU, NATO, or even perhaps (their suspected friends) North Korea. Who knows. A good sabotage is untraceable. If it's the US or Israel, I wouldn't be surprised. Both have some of the most advanced armies in the world. So why wouldn't they try to disarm Iran? Maybe those missiles were long range missiles in some plan to attack or counter attack a specific local. Knock out their gun, before they attack you. SO you're not actually obligated to attack back in full force. Saves lives, time, and ultimately money. Which also explains the Iranian government to quickly keeps things hush.

3) Again, another reason for sabotage or accident. Those missiles might of been part of some secret nuclear testing. SO same as reason 1 or 2, but now it involves nuclear bombs. They either had an accident with a certain class of missile designed better for nuclear bombs (hot potato, bad idea) or somebody sabotaged them. Either way, a really good reason to try to keep the whole situation hush-hush. And possibly a reason why some Iranian scientists have been knocked off in the recent past.

Eitherway... not the most comforting thing to really analyze.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

If it was sabotage coming from somewhere though, they would want to investigate it, when they're apparantly not. If it was an accident, it would make more sense; They would be eager to cover up their mistake, but neither of those reasons really sit comfortably.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 AM
LS Offline

Not to say that you guys aren't smart. But you guys are dumbfucks. Do a quick google search... It's part if islamic tradition to bury the body within 24 hours of death.

Just helpin the world become less ignorant

Your friends,

sso_

Last edited by LS the Door Mat; 11-17-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

Quote:
Do a quick google search... It's part if islamic tradition to bury the body within 24 hours of death.
Huh... You're right. (no snarky comments) It makes sense traditionally, though. Dead bodies decompose pretty fast if nothings done about it. I can see the 24 hour thing in a hotter climate like the Middle East a blessing.

Eitherway, tradition or not. It's convenient for a cover if something is going on. But my question wasn't so much on the burial of the bodies than the incident itself being questionable.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Not to say that you guys aren't smart. But you guys are dumbfucks. Do a quick google search... It's part if islamic tradition to bury the body within 24 hours of death.

Just helpin the world become less ignorant

Your friends,

sso_
I am quite aware of such faith, however, this is the 21st century and it is an unexplained explosion that may or may not be sabotage.

Also, I would watch you language and how you treat people in this discussion.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Burying the body has nothing to do with investigating.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM

I am not saying that burying the body is bad, I am saying that they are fixating more on the burials and honors then actually figuring what the hell happened.