Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01 (Woods)

(OOC: M or F?)

BP#3

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Jathan didn't have to think about his decision, it seemed. Right away he said, “I certainly do.” Apparently he had captured a Lickilicky, the evolution of this one, when he was here before, and he wanted to try training the lower form, since in theory it would be easier to raise. He then turned to the Lickitung and called out to it. “Hey there, are you interested in a battle? If you are, would you like to move away from this so we don't accidentally wreck it?” he asked, referring to whatever the Pokémon was drawing in the grass.

Ivy wasn't sure what it was trying to do, but her gut instinct didn't think it was anything good. There was something off about the Woods today, but she couldn't tell what it was.

Jathan speaking again brought her out of her thoughts as he said, “How about this? If you manage to defeat my friend here, we'll help you finish this off.” He motioned to Dual, indicating he would be battling.

The Lickitung seemed to think about it for a minute, and then its personality seemed to change. It got more serious as its eyes narrowed. It nodded, and it stepped a little away from its design in the grass. The broken off stumps decorated the field of long grasses to the side of it.

Then, the Pokémon seemed to become angry. It started stomping around, not in a particular pattern this time and probably a little harder than necessary. It seemed to get a red tint to its face too. She recognized the technique as Work Up, something that let a Pokémon direct their negative energy into strength.

“There's something strange going on,” Ivy told Jathan. “I'm not sure what it is.” She couldn't shake that feeling that made her hair stand up on edge.

A breeze rushed through the grass, making the strands rattle and bend with the wind a little eerily. It was like the foliage was alive. Her skin felt like it was crawling as some sort of energy brushed across it.

“Be careful,” she warned Dual, as that uneasy feeling settled in her gut.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Lickitung: 100% [Used Work Up and charging]
Serious M Gallade: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
4 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's nice out.
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, Archen, Joltik, Drapion, Bellsprout, Shelmet, Karrablast, Mothim, Lickitung
Pokémon Captured: Hasty F Joltik
MCR: 2,782/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Picture Value: 1,500

Items: 3x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 17x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, TM159-Bulldoze
BM/SM/MT: Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, TM06-Toxic, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM125-Rock Polish, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor
BM/SM/MT: Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch

Saya the Ninetales (Female) @ 70%
Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability
HM/TM: TM22-Solarbeam, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM108-Energy Ball, TM111-Overheat
BM/SM/MT: N/A

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

The Lickitung stopped thinking about its design and watched me closely through slitted eyes. I had no idea what was going through its head and whether it would accept my challenge. If it didn't, I wouldn't be able to capture it - I refused to make Pokemon battle against their will. It'd be a pity, because this Lickitung was exactly the kind of Pokemon I was looking for - a bit of a challenge, but definitely do-able.

The phrase rose a memory in my head and I blushed, quickly blanking my mind. I knew that Haji had telepathic powers and I didn't want him picking up on it. Hell, Dual would possibly send the memory to Ivy if he thought the result would be humorous.

<Don't tempt me.> the Psychic-type chuckled. I looked angrily at him; more proof the ******* was keeping tabs on my thoughts.

Hey, it's -your- Trainer I'm covering for, not me, I replied furiously.

<I think James is being overly cautious and stupid.> Dual sniffed. <If he had any balls he'd just do something about it.>

I didn't say anything, but I partially agreed. Thank Arceus I didn't have any of these problems on the farm.

Finally the Normal-type nodded and stepped away from the pattern in the grass. Once it was away from its creation, the Lickitung began to stomp around and flail its limbs. It appeared very unhappy and angry in general. I couldn't quite figure out what it was doing - I'd never seen any technique quite like it.

<It's a Work Up,> Dual informed me as he stepped forward.

Huh, I've never seen one like that, I replied. The Lickitung appeared to be getting rageful on purpose, planning to use that anger to fuel its attacks in the battle. All the Work Ups I had seen so far, however, got the Pokemon excited for the upcoming battle, creating a sense of nervous energy. It seemed to me that the negative version of Work Up was cruder and far less effective, not to mention detrimental to the Pokemon's emotional health. I resolved to fix the Lickitung's point of view as soon as possible after I captured it.

"Alright Dual, let's try something a little different from normal," I said to him. "Psych Up its Work Up, then hit it with a Low Sweep."

The Gallade concentrated on his opponent, and his body became sheathed in a faint white light. I knew that he was assessing the improvements the Lickitung had made to itself and was applying those changes to his own body through a combination of complete physical control and psychic ability. When the light dimmed, he began to run towards the Lickitung. His legs would scythe underneath the fat Wild Pokemon, hopefully damaging its legs or feet and rendering it slower than usual.

As he ran, the Gallade sent a message back to me. <All is not well. I am going to prepare a Future Sight in case of catastrophe.>

Good call. I nodded. As he approached the Lickitung a purple light wrapped around his head, reaching up his horn, and I knew from experience that the majority of the aura centered on his eyes. Using his Future Sight, if there was something dangerous upcoming, he would have a better chance of lessening the damage, of perhaps dodging it entirely.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“What's so funny?” Ivy asked Jathan. “I see Dual grinning over there,” she teased. She knew the two were probably having some sort of mental conversation, but she wasn't going to intrude. It was fun to watch Jathan's reactions though, so she still teased.

The Lickitung was still stomping around, and she could practically feel its power growing as it worked itself up. At least, that's what she thought. The shift in the air could be coming from something else, she supposed, though she didn't know what. Her eyes glanced over at the pattern in the grass and got a bad feeling.

“Alright, Dual, let's try something a little different from normal,” Jathan said, breaking her out of her thoughts. “Psych Up its Work Up, then hit it with a Low Sweep.”

Ivy hadn't seen Psych Up used in a long time. The Gallade struck forward as his body began to glow steadily brighter. He was studying the changes Lickitung had undergone and was attempting to copy them. The nice thing about that was that he didn't have to undergo the same process, meaning he could keep his cool head instead of getting angry like the Normal-type was doing. That was probably good, as a powerful Pokémon like Dual running rampant would be big trouble.

Dual rushed in for the Low Sweep, dashing and then sliding like people did when they played baseball. His legs reached out and slammed into the Lickitung, knocking it backward as it tumbled and flopped through the grass. Getting hit in the legs like that wasn't pleasant for anyone, and usually the impact left a Pokémon staggering for a minute, making it hard to move as well as they could before. That would give Dual a little more time to use his next move.

However, the Lickitung chose then to strike back. The grasses rattled and thrashed as if a heavy wind had blown up, and then thick vines suddenly appeared, lashing out at the Psychic. Dual was hit as he tried to bring his arms up in an X to defend himself. The move made him stagger backward though, putting his next action on hold.

Ivy, still curious, hopped up on top of the stump again. There was something not right about that grass, and she was going to figure out what it was. She couldn't see it herself though, so she needed a little help.

“Haji, can I borrow your sight? I want to see what's going on here,” she asked her silent partner.

“Of course,” he said, and then in a whirl, the world darkened and reappeared in flashes of color.

It was a little disorienting at first, seeing the energy signatures instead of actual objects. It worked a bit like Chainy's scouter, only everything was put into the mode. Lucky for her, everything pretty much had a tiny bit of energy at least, so it was in some shade. There wasn't anything that was empty blackness. It made her senses more susceptible too, so she caught the energy gathering around Dual as he was forming a Future Sight.

Then, suddenly, a blast came from the Lickitung's last position. It wasn't physical, but mental instead. There was a flash, sort of like a static jolt on a television, and then the energy Dual had been using abruptly cut off. “Disable,” Haji said absently. That's what she thought.

Once the jolt had passed, she looked back over to the grass, feeling an energy coming from it. She made a small noise when she saw what was going on.

The grass was alight with energy, and it was clearly drawn in the same pattern the Lickitung had been traveling. A ring formed the majority of it, and there were some unfinished lines running in the center. Why was it here? The first thought that came to her mind was ritual, but somehow that seemed out of place.

“Why so?” Haji asked. “What are rituals but techniques without designs?” He was right of course. Rituals were just like stat up moves like Work Up. They both granted power, only one was on a much larger scale than the other.

Something about this one wasn't right though. The energy wasn't exactly good and uplifting. In fact, it might be the cause of Lickitung's anger, since it had been messing with this for a while. Something to watch out for.

She turned and called out to Jathan to tell him what she saw. She forgot that she was on the stump though, and since she was using Haji's energy sight, she stumbled. She caught herself before she fell, getting control of her body, but she stepped off her vantage point and landed on the ground a little harder than necessary.

Jathan was bright against the low energy of the ground, so he was easy to get to once she had her feet under her. “Jathan, look at this,” she said as she reached for his sleeve. Once she made contact, Haji would be able to make him see what she was seeing. Dual was busy, so this was the better option.

Before he could answer or react, the earth suddenly colored with energy and came alive. It rushed like a wave at Dual, though Ivy didn't think hitting him was the objective. Instead, rivets and small mountains were created across the field, and mixed with the tall grasses, the Lickitung was nowhere in sight. Even Ivy couldn't see it, since the ground had so much life running through it. Everything blended together in a big sea of color.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Lickitung: 73% [Atk/SpAtk+1][Spe-1][Used Power Whip, Disable, and Bulldoze]
Serious M Gallade: 89% [Atk/SpAtk+1][Spe-1][Disabled: Future Sight][Used Psych Up, Low Sweep, and Future Sight]

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
4 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's nice out.
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, Archen, Joltik, Drapion, Bellsprout, Shelmet, Karrablast, Mothim, Lickitung
Pokémon Captured: Hasty F Joltik
MCR: 5,868/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Picture Value: 1,500

Items: 3x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 17x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male) @ 89%
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, TM159-Bulldoze
BM/SM/MT: Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, TM06-Toxic, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM125-Rock Polish, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor
BM/SM/MT: Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch

Saya the Ninetales (Female) @ 70%
Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability
HM/TM: TM22-Solarbeam, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM108-Energy Ball, TM111-Overheat
BM/SM/MT: N/A

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

Dual ran towards the Lickitung and extended his feet towards the Lickitung, sliding along the grass. His feet smashed into the Lickitung's legs, knocking it backwards. He then wrapped his knees around the Normal-type and swung out of the way, avoiding the falling Pokemon skillfully by swinging. The Normal-type landed heavily in the long grass, but didn't seem in any hurry to get back onto its feet. I soon found out why - the grass began waving and thrashing around like it was at a music festival. Thick vines made up of many interwoven grass stems erupted from the ground and whipped towards my Gallade. Dual braced his arms over his head in the standard boxing defense, but contact with the vines still hurt a lot. I could feel it through our link.

I grimaced as Dual stumbled back a little bit, put off by the Lickitung's attack. He hadn't been able to get up his Future Sight in time to dodge the Power Whip, but at least now he'd be able to see whatever was coming. The purple light around his helmet grew even brighter, as if it was swelling to a crescendo. Suddenly, there was a white flash, although I couldn't tell whether it was actual or mental. It could have been either, as I was linked to the Gallade, so it was common for bleed-over effects of telepathic attacks to strike me. I rubbed at my eyes, trying to clear the spot so I could see properly. When the smear eventually faded, I didn't like what I saw - Dual's Future Sight was dying down.

What's going on? I asked the Psychic-type.

<It's disabled my Future Sight,> Dual growled, his mental voice seething with anger. He really didn't like it when his abilities were affected or negated - one of the worst curbstomps I had even seen him perform was on a Cofagrigus that used Imprison. I shuddered from just remembering Dual's rage.

Just keep your cool, we shouldn't need Future Sight anyway, I cautioned the Gallade.

He snorted, clearly not convinced, but I could feel his anger slowly lessen, if not go away completely. The last dredges of purple energy around his head winked out just as the Lickitung started up-righting itself. I watched the Normal-type closely, trying to figure out what to do next. I could tell Dual wanted to hit his opponent hard, but was that the best thing to do?

"Jathan, look at this," Ivy said suddenly.

I turned around, surprised. Because of the battle I had pretty much forgot the Ranger was there. Before I could ask her what she wanted me to look at, she touched my wrist. The world suddenly went dim, and it wasn't being lit up by the sun's rays any more. Instead, objects were shining like they were filled with energy or life-force or something. The grass was a dull indistinct light, and the pair of Pokemon were bright beacons. On impulse, I looked up at the sun, and it didn't hurt my eyes - it was just an unbelievably bright sphere hanging in the sky.

Ivy brought my attention to the design the Lickitung had been creating in the ground. Energy was swirling around inside it and seeping into the air. I watched it curiously, not knowing what it was. Perhaps it was the energy leaving the grass that died when the Lickitung stepped on it or something. Nevertheless, it didn't pertain to the battle, so I looked away from it. As soon as I did, a huge flare of energy exploded underneath the ground. The earth heaved and swelled, rolling like waves in the ocean. I wasn't used to this form of sight - I couldn't see what was going on. I pulled my wrist out of Ivy's grasp and blinked, and the world returned to normal.

Well, visually anyway. Where there had been a flat grassy plain there was now rolling hills and small dips. They weren't huge, but they were large enough to obscure the Lickitung. I didn't think it was trying to flee, but that was always an option. I needed to get rid of those hills as soon as possible - losing sight of one's opponent was as close to a disaster as you could get.

Are you okay? I asked Dual, noticing him stumbling backwards away from the hills.

<Yeah, I'm okay, just wasn't expecting that,> he replied.

Okay, well we need those hills gone. Use Bulk Up's attack raise to fire off an Earthquake and bring this field back to the way it was, I ordered.

Dual bunched his muscles and held his arms at waist height, increasing his muscle mass through tensing and mental power. I could almost feel his strength increase drawing me in like a gravitational well. Slowly he raised his arm back and up, pointing his elbow-blade to the sky. With a sudden jerk, he smashed his fist into the ground.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly