Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Royal_Nidoking Offline

Default Re: GLiTCH~ Questions/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yes, you can do that, but it'd take some time to work out how to come across different Pokemon, unless there's some chart somewhere on the net.
Well. There IS. go search this site, I'm too lazy to get the Link, I'll maybe post it later.

http://trsrockin.com/

(Does it work?)

EDIT: here it is. http://trsrockin.com/hexlist_yellow.html
Old 04-12-2009, 12:29 AM
SOS Haruhi Offline
Experienced Trainer

You forgot the Cool Ditto trick.

Giving Ditto cooltrainer move.

Thats when you use a ditto, transform into a pokemon, and switch in the battle, the top and the bottom move.

And then after the battle you get cool trainer move.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Whaaaat?
What does it do?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Kioshi Offline
New Trainer

I turned on my blue version today to find a very unpleasent surprise. I now have a very messed up game. Whenever a textbox comes up, it stays blank and plays random sound effects, then maybe will give random glitch symols or numbers. When I tried to start a new game, the same thing happened.

I have been using this game to expriment with glitches for the past four years, but have never have any negative effects up until now.

The last time I played this game (just before Thanksgiving,) It worked fine. The start button was stuck (I know it was the button, it didn't work for any other game,) but has since somehow fixed itself.

I tried to activate glitch city, and went into the safari zone. When I tried to save when I realized that the button didn't work, so I shut it off without saving. I haven't touched it again until today when I discovered the glitch.

I did some glitch research on Bulbapedia, and as best as I can figure, it may be either error code 1, 2, or T. It says error code 1 "is also known to exist in normal gameplay if the player has a broken or damaged cartridge." I did forget that the cartridge was in my backpack when I put my damp swimsuit and towel in the bag, but I doubt that is the problem. It was in a small pocket on the inside as the same compartment, but my red version was right next to it and works perfectly fine.

I really want to find a way to fix it, because this was my first game ever. Is there any way to fix this, or is am I just screwed?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:11 PM
JuNi0r Offline

Hey,

I'm not sure it's fixable since the cartridge has Internal Damage which looks like you might have to buy it again which is sad to hear.
Did you drop the cartridge by any chance?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Perish by Ice Offline
New Trainer

I am afraid Junior is right. There is always a risk to using glitches and cheat devices because it's forcing the game to do something it was not normally programmed/meant to do.

Luckily I have never had any ill effects from cheats/glitches. Except my blue game goes blank every once in a while ever since it locked up when I tried the battle professor Oak gameshark code. But I can still play it fine.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Glitch Hunter Offline

Sorry if this has already been addressed earlier in the thread and I missed it, but I have a particular concern for my glitch hunting:

I have set my name so that I will encounter glitch trainers for the Cinnabar Island (Old Man) Trick. I understand that glitch trainers have a possibility of causing game freezes, but I have just recently heard claims of glitch trainers causing data deletions.

Can anyone verify this personally?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I noticed that the bulbapedia article on 'M specifically mentioned level 0 'Ms causing freezes when stored in the PC. Does this only occur for level 0 'Ms? (I notice that this problem has not been reported for any other pokemon; I have a suspicion that if only level 0 'Ms cause PC problems, the freezes may be caused by the presence of a level 0 pokemon as opposed to 'M itself causing the errors, as 'M is the only glitch I have known to occur in level 0 forms.)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Probably nobody will respond to this, but I used the Mew glitch on Pokemon Yellow a few months ago. After having not played it for a while, I started it up 1-2 weeks ago, and after the screen says "GAME BOY" and fades away, the screen just stays blank. Do you think the Mew glitch caused it to not work, or is it just because the game is old?

Also, the words "GAME BOY" do not stay on the screen, so it's not because it can't read the cartridge. The words appear and disappear, just like the game normally would if it was working.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum